PDA

View Full Version : Collectables?

eaglefan129
09-01-2013, 08:55 PM
So i've been wondering will we have to buy maps for the collectables because the mini map shows data fragments, chests, and ? those whatever they are

JamJar502
09-01-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't see why we wouldn't be able to buy them, but I'm sure we can just find the collectables by searching every square inch of the map.

SixKeys
09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Maps for collectables have been in the games since AC2, so probably we can buy them. In the demos they're probably visible just to show fans there are lots of activities in the game world to engage with.

AnthonyA85
09-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Or we could use Eagle Vision to reveal collectables, and once they're marked on the map, we can go back and get them, and save cash by not having to buy maps :)

I hope chests are easier to get into this time. I really DID NOT like the lock-picking thing, it is not Mouse-Key Board friendly.

JamJar502
09-01-2013, 09:22 PM
I hope chests are easier to get into this time. I really DID NOT like the lock-picking thing, it is not Mouse-Key Board friendly.

It wasn't particularly controller friendly either. It's just a not very good lockpicking mechanic.

SixKeys
09-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I actually thought the lockpicking worked quite well with KB+M. I never had any problems with it. It was slightly harder in the ToKW DLC though.

But yeah, I prefer just pressing a button to loot chests, don't really care for the lockpicking mechanic in general.

JamJar502
09-01-2013, 09:40 PM
I actually thought the lockpicking worked quite well with KB+M. I never had any problems with it. It was slightly harder in the ToKW DLC though.

But yeah, I prefer just pressing a button to loot chests, don't really care for the lockpicking mechanic in general.

I only like lockpicking mechanics when they're done right, I seem to remember Splinter Cell 1-3 doing it fairly well.

pacmanate
09-01-2013, 10:17 PM
It wasn't particularly controller friendly either. It's just a not very good lockpicking mechanic.

Yeah it was stupid. Two things were wrong with it.

1. Lock pick things didnt always fit in the right place.
2. Sometimes you wouldnt even be able to lockpick a chest so you would have to exit and come back to it.

LoyalACFan
09-02-2013, 01:21 AM
From my understanding, all tangible collectibles will be found inside chests (unlike feathers/flags) and their maps will be found in the world instead of purchased. Furthermore, you actually have to go off of landmarks on the map to find the chests they lead to. Kind of like Red Dead.

Now, Animus Fragments will undoubtedly be different, but maybe it'll be like in Revelations where if you find X amount of them, the rest are automatically marked for you.

JamJar502
09-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Yeah it was stupid. Two things were wrong with it.

1. Lock pick things didnt always fit in the right place.
2. Sometimes you wouldnt even be able to lockpick a chest so you would have to exit and come back to it.

Even if you keep coming back to the same lock, it still sometimes doesn't work. I've had to reload the game just to loot a chest.