PDA

View Full Version : New York Underground Missing Platforms Bug - Solution

SpiritMuse
09-01-2013, 01:25 AM
So there's this bit where you have to unlock doors and lower platforms in order to pass, and then I didn't pass because I realized I'd forgotten to open another travel point somewhere else and I wanted to do that first. So I fast travel to near there, and then I fast travel back, only to find the doors unlocked, but the platforms raised again, and the levers to lower them don't work anymore. No amount of reloading will reset them. And because you can't jump gaps with the lantern in hand, I can't bring it over to the other side.

But I managed to reach and unlock the last travel point anyway. Using the minimap I managed to find my way through the pitch blackness (and of course right after that I realized that Eagle Vision also works as Darkvision so I could have just used that), and because the last puzzle was a magic lantern one I didn't even need the lamp to solve it.

I just wanted to note because maybe this helps others who were stuck by this glitch!

adventurewomen
09-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Hopefully this walkthrough will help you out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10oYV4hGEkM

SpiritMuse
09-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Ah, I may have been unclear, I wasn't actually asking for help but offering it - as I said, I managed to find my way to the exit even without the lantern.

But thank you anyway!