PDA

View Full Version : [Soft] Save Game Converter (LSG2XML & XML2LSG)

Albeoris
08-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Save Game Converter (SAVE, SAV, LGS, XML) v3.1 (http://mmxl.wikia.com/wiki/Tool:_Save_Game_Converter)
Compatible with 1.5-16336

Good day !

I wrote a converter that allows you to export your saved games in text format XML. Now you can edit your saved games in any text editor.

Be careful - make a backup before making any changes.

I uploaded file that contains the program itself and the source code (C #).
v3.1
MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download/cly5bdb3mf9z1fq/M&M_10_Save_Game_Converter_v3.1.zip)
Yandex (https://yadi.sk/d/AnIIkjBOXFDQj)

License:
The program is provided " as is". I am not responsible for any harm to your computer or software and blah blah blah. All rights on the library Legacy.Core.dll belong to the Ubisoft.

It is important to :
The game is still under development . The format of saved games can subsequently change. In addition , the program uses reflection to access private fields of some types of libraries Legacy.Core.dll. Its change can also affect the performance of the program.

You can leave your comments and feedback here or send them by mail to :
albeoris [] gmail.com

Donations are accepted here:
WebMoney: Z234975468455
Yandex: 410011434377429
= ^ - ^ =

http://s003.radikal.ru/i202/1308/ef/606fe7193246t.jpg (http://radikal.ru/fp/89ccba7c09234a81b0e367414cd8d22d) http://s019.radikal.ru/i617/1402/84/b5f6c47d2784t.jpg (http://radikal.ru/fp/080f329eabbc419b9c03c2389148d147)

Albeoris
09-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Will there be any suggestions? :)

SebastianPassi
09-07-2013, 11:17 AM
some questions first:
My savegame has a size of 290MB and after converting it is 590MB. Is that reasonable? It takes quite some time to open and edit it.
Is it possible to change the location of my party inside the savegame (I want to teleport them out of a place, where I am stuck due to technical reasons)? Which entries do I have to change?

nancy-m
09-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Very nice, helped a lot!
Can we increase resistances somehow? I tried editing the 'ResistanceCount' but the game couldn't load...

Albeoris
09-10-2013, 07:17 AM
some questions first:
My savegame has a size of 290MB and after converting it is 590MB. Is that reasonable? It takes quite some time to open and edit it.
Let's use logic.
There are some raw data. Size: 300MB.
There is a human-readable representation. Size: 600MB.
Question: do you want the size decreased? : D
If desired, you can edit the raw data without conversion ... if it is more convenient. ;)

P.S. Use Notepad + +

Is it possible to change the location of my party inside the savegame (I want to teleport them out of a place, where I am stuck due to technical reasons)? Which entries do I have to change?

<Strings>
<Entry name="CurrentMapName" value="Sorpigal" />
</Strings>
</SaveGameData>
<SaveGameData id="Party" sealed="True">
<Booleans>
<Entry name="CharacterExists0" value="True" />
<Entry name="CharacterExists1" value="True" />
<Entry name="CharacterExists2" value="True" />
<Entry name="CharacterExists3" value="True" />
</Booleans>
<Int32s>
<Entry name="StaticID" value="0" />
<Entry name="SpawnerID" value="0" />
<Entry name="MemberCount" value="4" />
<Entry name="SelectedCharacter" value="0" />
<Entry name="Gold" value="200" />
<Entry name="Supplies" value="6" />
<Entry name="PositionX" value="31" />
<Entry name="PositionY" value="19" />
<Entry name="Direction" value="3" />
<Entry name="RestCount" value="0" />
</Int32s>

Albeoris
09-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Very nice, helped a lot!
Can we increase resistances somehow? I tried editing the 'ResistanceCount' but the game couldn't load...
ResistanceCount - is the amount of resistance.
Each resistance (physical damage, the original magic, light, darkness, etc) described by a pair:
<Entry Name="DamageType0" value="0" />
<Entry Name="Value0" value="0" />
DamageType - type of resistance
Value - the value of resistance from 0 to 100

public enum EDamageType
{
NONE = -1,
PHYSICAL = 0,
AIR = 1,
EARTH = 2,
FIRE = 3,
WATER = 4,
DARK = 5,
LIGHT = 6,
PRIMORDIAL = 7,
HEAL = 8,
_MAX_ = 9
}

Pair:
<Entry Name="DamageType0" value="0" />
<Entry Name="Value0" value="0" />
means
"Physical resistance = 0"

Albeoris
09-10-2013, 05:24 PM
At first I wanted to write a full-featured editor, but then I became lazy. Too much work, and to use them you will not often. Therefore, if there are any suggestions for different sections - write to me and I will change the output format. Or you can write own editor, if there is experience and desire. :)

Istreibitel
09-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Is it possible to change the location of my party inside the savegame (I want to teleport them out of a place, where I am stuck due to technical reasons)?
Not only that is easilly possible, but you can explore some outside-of-Act-I areas that way :) I actually modified those manually (didn't knew editor existed) and recorded my impressions on that. The world is far from complete, but if you wanna check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vnTaTLPbOs

JamesPyle
01-27-2014, 09:06 PM
Does this not work anymore? I don't seen any saves in that format. The reason being I need to flip flop a skill on two of my chars because I put them on the wrong chars >,< Stuck my healing magic on my damaging mage and visa versa.

Glinka1211
01-28-2014, 06:44 PM
I think a lot of people might find an editor with a simple front end pretty useful.Just my opinion, mind.

Albeoris
01-28-2014, 07:30 PM
If the converter you still need, I can make a new version for new saves.
I will not make the editor because it needed a few people, and I do not like to write UI.

ZarineTharn
01-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Do you know any place else where save could be ?
I can only find the picture for the save but not the save themselves... (hidden files displayed check)

I hope I could use your tool to unbug my save where I'm in perma battle once out of town, but if I can't find the files...

Albeoris
01-28-2014, 11:23 PM
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\*\403
But the current version of the program can not work with them. Need to rewrite.

ZarineTharn
01-28-2014, 11:26 PM
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\*\403
But the current version of the program can not work with them. Need to rewrite.

Ok... so I'm sad panda with a brocken save... :(

Albeoris
01-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Cheat Engine (speedhack)
and
steamapps\common\Might & Magic X - Legacy\Might and Magic X Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\config.txt
Will help you become a happy panda. D:

ZarineTharn
01-29-2014, 12:01 AM
Any idea what I should be looking for to put me out of combat?
I'm good at finding data for which I know the value, but finding the element stating I'm in combat while I'm not, I'm unsure how to find it.

Albeoris
01-29-2014, 01:26 AM
I offered you a way to quickly go through the game again to the same place. .-.

Are you sure that your group is in combat? Red sphere?
The fact that Party.InCombat state is not saved (saving during combat is disabled).

public void Save(string p_file, byte[] p_screenshot)
{
if (!this.m_party.InCombat)
{
string name = LegacyLogic.Instance.MapLoader.Grid.Name;
this.m_lastLoadedSaveGame = p_file;
this.m_saveGameManager.SaveSaveGame(game, p_file, p_screenshot);
this.m_hintManager.Save();
}
}

Glinka1211
01-29-2014, 02:38 AM
I will not make the editor because it needed a few people, and I do not like to write UI.

A new converter would be very helpful, yes. Thanks!

JamesPyle
01-29-2014, 04:10 AM
A new converter would be very helpful, yes. Thanks!

Ditto! Was looking for save editor to fix skills I borked up, but a converter would be great as I likely could use excel to edit the changes in a converted save :) Thanks!

ZarineTharn
01-29-2014, 09:24 AM
I offered you a way to quickly go through the game again to the same place. .-.

Are you sure that your group is in combat? Red sphere?
The fact that Party.InCombat state is not saved (saving during combat is disabled).

Oh...
I guess a previous save (if working) would do the trick faster. I just hope I didn't delete it.

For the combat, it goes like this.
I saved in The Crag right after casting spirit beacon (placed inside The Crag).

I have no problem at all while I'm in town, but if I exit town (The Crag or any other, reached by ship/horse), I'm in combat :
- Red sphere
- Little waiting time after each move
- Need order for all character if one cast a spell
- impossible to interact with any object with characters saying that he is "buzy"

I tried moving between towns, I tried finding a combat and finishing it, I tried moving far away from the town exit.
As reloading doesn't fix that, I guess it's linked to the save file. That's why I hoped to be able to check things in it...

Because I did some modifications to the files and it seems to me that some of the static data are stored in the save maybe leading to a conflict (just a guess).

Albeoris
02-01-2014, 12:46 AM
Well... Game thinks that there is someone nearby.

public bool CheckInCombat(Position p_pos)
{
GridSlot slot = this.GetSlot(p_pos);
if (slot != null)
{
for (EDirection direction = EDirection.NORTH; direction < EDirection.COUNT; direction += 1)
{
if (slot.GetTransition(direction).NextState == EGridTransitionType.OPEN)
{
GridSlot n = this.GetSlot((Position) (((EDirection) p_pos) + direction));
if (this.CheckSlotForEntities(n))
{
return true;
}
}
else if (!slot.GetTransition(direction).IsDynamic)
{
GridSlot neighborSlot = slot.GetNeighborSlot(this, direction);
if (((neighborSlot != null) && ((neighborSlot.TerrainType & ETerrainType.FLY_THROUGH) != ETerrainType.NONE)) && this.CheckSlotForEntities(neighborSlot))
{
return true;
}
}
}
}
return false;
}

private bool CheckSlotForEntities(GridSlot n)
{
if ((n != null) && n.HasEntities)
{
IList<MovingEntity> entities = n.Entities;
for (int i = 0; i < entities.Count; i++)
{
Monster monster = entities[i] as Monster;
if (((monster != null) && (monster.CurrentHealth > 0)) && monster.AlwaysTriggerAggro)
{
return true;
}
}
}
return false;
}

Leodim79
02-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Hello Albeoris,

Any news on the conversion of your converter (:D) to the release version version (:D) of savedgames files ?
I have a few ideas I could do with that + some code, unfortunately I do not feel strong enough to be able to change your converter itself.
At the moment I'm trying to do it without a human readable source but it sure is harder :D

Leodim79
02-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Starting to work nicely :)
Soon I'll introduce a nightmare mode, made for those who already finished the game and which will allow you to restart from scratch, keeping all your party but against tougher monsters.
The save party part is already working :)

By the way, is there a place where gameplay coefficients concerning difficulty are stored ? like what % hp bonus monsters have on Warrior ?
Because if not I would have to make a "MonsterStaticData.csv changer" (quite doable with simple code but would be even better if those coefficients were accessible).

Leodim79
02-04-2014, 12:21 AM
Ho and if some people have thoughts about values, here is what I was going to use, I'm talking about monster improvements on the second run :
Are only concerned values that are >0 (0 stays 0)

XpReward *2 + 20

RangedAttackValue *1.5+50
RangedAttackDamageMin *2+80
RangedAttackDamageMax *2+80

MagicPower : *2+10

MeleeAttackValue : *1.5+50
MeleeAttackDamageMin: *2+100
MeleeAttackDamageMax: *2+100

MaxHealthpoints *2.5+700
EvadeValue *1.5+60
ArmorValue *2+10 (dont want the + part to be too high, low armor should stay low armor, nearly linear raise)

EDIT : I'm also thinking about :
- raising stats points/level from 4 to like 6 at least, because once you got your main skills on first run, there won't be much room for improvement except stats on second run and more. Anyone knows if it's somewhere in the cvs or not doable ? If it's not doable, I'll try to make sure you get at least as many new levels as on the first run (raising cap, where is it by the way ?^^).
- hard to do : raise new items statistics (those you drop on second run), so there is still room for improvement here too
- maybe unlock some more skills on classes, so you get also more room for improvement there ? (easy to do)
- impossible I think : making skills unlimited (ie : you hit GM at 25, but still can improve them, just for the base bonus). Not doable right ?

Any idea welcome.

War-Dancer
02-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Needed!
+1 vote

Jyltanith
02-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Starting to work nicely :)

By the way, is there a place where gameplay coefficients concerning difficulty are stored ? like what % hp bonus monsters have on Warrior ?
.................................................. ...................

Because if not I would have to make a "MonsterStaticData.csv changer" (quite doable with simple code but would be even better if those coefficients were accessible).

I don't know if you have found the difficulty coef. but I used to tweak some things here in the Config.txt like :

[warriorMode]
monsterHealthCoreFactor = 1.5
monsterHealthEliteFactor = 1.2
monsterHealthChampionFactor = 1.1
itemResellMultiplicatorHard = 0.1
damageReceiveFactor = 1.2

File is in the folder : Steam\SteamApps\common\Might & Magic X - Legacy\Might and Magic X Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets

I'm could be pretty interested in the saves converter just to see what happened to the corrupted files. the ones I got very often now (I think when saving on previous files) there is something working wrong in the Ubi folder/ M&MxLegacy folder due to the Option64.txt file maybe with the cloud save sync of Uplay.

bluecloverrrr
02-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Что-то я не могу понять, как эта штука работает с инвентарём и эквипом. Каким образом присваивается StaticID именно того класса предметов, какой необходим. Вычислил бутыльки, поменял каунтер. Всё работает. Понятно, что эквипу добавляются суффиксы и преффиксы, однако непонятно что за ID такие 303, 301, 201. Не подскажете, с чем такое едят? Голова совсем не варит, но ИНТЕРЕСНО!!! И так всю ночь копался в csv файлах, но пока не подчиню себе Меч и Магию, спать не пойду =)

Albeoris
02-08-2014, 07:58 PM
TES Online vs Save Game Editor ... Oh ... difficult choices.

Что-то я не могу понять, как эта штука работает с инвентарём и эквипом. Каким образом присваивается StaticID именно того класса предметов, какой необходим. Вычислил бутыльки, поменял каунтер. Всё работает. Понятно, что эквипу добавляются суффиксы и преффиксы, однако непонятно что за ID такие 303, 301, 201. Не подскажете, с чем такое едят? Голова совсем не варит, но ИНТЕРЕСНО!!! И так всю ночь копался в csv файлах, но пока не подчиню себе Меч и Магию, спать не пойду =)
Всем подчиняющим, читать существующие материалы и дополнять самостоятельно.
http://ru.mmxl.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%9C%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%8B:_%D0%A2%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BB %D0%B8%D1%86%D1%8B_-_Armor.csv
И ты немного ошибся темой. Здесь обсуждается конвертер сейвов. :)

Albeoris
02-08-2014, 09:13 PM
New version released!
+Support new save game format.
-Old format is no longer supported.

New saves path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\?????\403

Download:
MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download/el5rg9ld0z1b73d/M&M_10_Save_Game_Converter_v2.0.zip)
Yandex (http://yadi.sk/d/hLCG4TwcHYgXE)

Enjoy!

P.S. It's just support the new format. Mechanics remained unchanged.

AladoreUplay
02-09-2014, 12:09 AM
I don't get it. How is it supposed to work exactly ?

When I try to launch the application a console appear with a description of the program and the mention "press any key". As I do so the program close. The saves path is still written as savegames\?\403 which of course is not the real one.

Must I enter the true path somewhere ? If yes how ?

runicNomad
02-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Quick question:
Do saves contain trigger switches?
For Example:
I still have the bloody bridge guard outside Castle Portmeyron and have to take a horse to Seahaven.
I am curious if within my save is a variable that sets the trigger for him to move and no longer block the bridge?

Albeoris
02-09-2014, 01:38 AM
I don't get it. How is it supposed to work exactly ?

When I try to launch the application a console appear with a description of the program and the mention "press any key". As I do so the program close. The saves path is still written as savegames\?\403 which of course is not the real one.

Must I enter the true path somewhere ? If yes how ?

Well...
? == your folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames

Google -> Windows File Explorer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Explorer

Google -> how to run console application
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A13pN9_s7c

If I misunderstood you, specify exactly what you can't do.

Quick question:
Do saves contain trigger switches?
For Example:
I still have the bloody bridge guard outside Castle Portmeyron and have to take a horse to Seahaven.
I am curious if within my save is a variable that sets the trigger for him to move and no longer block the bridge?
Trigger -> Quick save -> Quick load
If the trigger state survived, then it saved. :)

AladoreUplay
02-09-2014, 02:22 AM
I think there is a misunderstandment.

I can open the console program, no problem. I know where are my saves files, still no problem.

But when I open the console program, so SaveGameConverter.exe, I'm only granted with this :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/897866SGC.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=897866SGC.png)

So question is what should I do from here ? Or before. Obviously there is something I totally don't get.

Sorry for taking your time and thanks for the help ;)

Albeoris
02-09-2014, 09:19 AM
I think there is a misunderstandment.
I can open the console program, no problem. I know where are my saves files, still no problem.
That you show evidence of the absence of an argument (or the presence of excess). Therefore, the program displays help information.

Copy the program to folder with saved games and run, with name of the save file as first argument.
SaveGameConverter.exe 1.save

You may not copy, then specify the full path:
SaveGameConverter.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\........\403\1.save"

AladoreUplay
02-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Ah there we are, this was my real question from the start : how do I give this argument (path to the file) to the program ? Where shall I write it ? In the CONFIG file ? Because as I said I cannot write anything in the console.

bluecloverrrr
02-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Ah there we are, this was my real question from the start : how do I give this argument (path to the file) to the program ? Where shall I write it ? In the CONFIG file ? Because as I said I cannot write anything in the console.

You can actually just drag your save file onto .exe file and it will convert it

AladoreUplay
02-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Ah great ! I tried this yesterday without success but now that the .exe is in the same folder it works just clean. Thanks for the help ! ;)

runicNomad
02-09-2014, 05:43 PM
I am getting and error when dragging and using a command line
Error:
System.ArgumentException: Unknown file extension: .sav
at SaveGameConverter.Program.ParseArgs(String[ ] args)
at SaveGameConverter.Program.Main(String[ ] args)

What is the problem?

Albeoris
02-09-2014, 06:17 PM
I am getting and error when dragging and using a command line
Error:
System.ArgumentException: Unknown file extension: .sav
at SaveGameConverter.Program.ParseArgs(String[ ] args)
at SaveGameConverter.Program.Main(String[ ] args)

What is the problem?

Specify the correct file name. :)
MMX does not know the format ".sav". Maybe ".save"? ;)

Checked - dragging works correctly.
You can send files saved game with which you have problems?

If drag and drop cann't work - use manual start:
Google -> how to run console application
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A13pN9_s7c

runicNomad
02-10-2014, 12:30 AM
I am familiar with running a command line
My save files end in .sav not .save

AladoreUplay
02-10-2014, 12:52 AM
Ah, I'm quite sure this is not supposed to happen... The game cannot use two different save format can He ? Your version is up-to-date ?

By the way a big "Thanks" to you Albeoris, this is making life so mush easier to look through the saves code ! :)

runicNomad
02-10-2014, 01:13 AM
My version is definitely up to date at 1.3.1-14561
it is very strange that it is a different save format and even if I change it to .save it returns another error.

AladoreUplay
02-10-2014, 02:04 AM
Man, very strange indeed... You should wrote it to the devs and in the bug report thread just in case it could be used to solve any problem. Can be linked to all the report of corrupted saves.

And you're editing the format of the files manually ? They can still work after this ? Or you have some kind of converter device ? (pure curiosity here, I'm a bit maniac over details ^^)

Albeoris
02-10-2014, 06:00 AM
I am familiar with running a command line
My save files end in .sav not .save
Upload your saves here.
And show me path where you found it.

Rya.Reisender
02-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the converter, it works really nice. Only problem I've seen it that if you convert it back it will lose the information on "Last saved" (it will show 0:0:0). Loading and saving the state ingame fixes it, though.

I have a question: Can someone maybe upload a dummy save file for me (it's still small when you just start the game)?
I don't always have access to the computer with the game on and I wanted check the XML structure to see what is all in there and can be modified.

Albeoris
02-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the converter, it works really nice. Only problem I've seen it that if you convert it back it will lose the information on "Last saved" (it will show 0:0:0). Loading and saving the state ingame fixes it, though.

I have a question: Can someone maybe upload a dummy save file for me (it's still small when you just start the game)?
I don't always have access to the computer with the game on and I wanted check the XML structure to see what is all in there and can be modified.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o2mjevm4gqfw9qz/13.zip

oroby
02-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Upload your saves here.
And show me path where you found it.

I also have a same problem...

My save file location is: c:\ProgramData\Orbit\401\RLD!\
and also have a .sav file not .save...

Here is one of my save file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6E7TnwGyt61aGdfUDlRY19YcDA/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Albeoris
02-10-2014, 09:12 PM
I also have a same problem...

My save file location is: c:\ProgramData\Orbit\401\RLD!\
and also have a .sav file not .save...

Here is one of my save file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6E7TnwGyt61aGdfUDlRY19YcDA/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Thank you. Do you have an idea - why your files are different?
I am confused that you game has different name (401 instead of 403).
Steam? Licensed game or a pirate? (Tell truth, please. ;))
If you explain the reason - I will add support for it.
(By the way, you can try to rename the LSG and use the old converter - should work)

Rya.Reisender
02-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the sample file. :-)

By the way my folder is also called 401. I bought the physical Deluxe Edition in a store (the one with the map). But my files are called .save, so I don't think that's related.

Maybe it's some weird operating system that doesn't allow file endings longer than 3 chars? =o

runicNomad
02-10-2014, 11:40 PM
I think the issue is that perhaps the steam version has a different extension. I have the physical non online version as well because I do not like steam and not having access to where things get put on my computer. It is still strange that it is a different extension.

Leodim79
02-11-2014, 01:25 AM
Great job there.

Im kinda sad I spent 2 evenings (done that when yours wasn't up to date with release version, just EAV) writing my own save file editor for my needs, using raw data, where I could have saved 90% of the time using human readable data...

Ho well... **** it.

Great job :D

Albeoris
02-11-2014, 05:54 AM
I think the issue is that perhaps the steam version has a different extension. I have the physical non online version as well because I do not like steam and not having access to where things get put on my computer. It is still strange that it is a different extension.
OK. I will add support for these files. :)

Great job there.

Im kinda sad I spent 2 evenings (done that when yours wasn't up to date with release version, just EAV) writing my own save file editor for my needs, using raw data, where I could have saved 90% of the time using human readable data...

Ho well... **** it.

Great job :D

Any experience is useful. D:

AladoreUplay
02-11-2014, 07:07 AM
One bug I forget to report to you Albeoris :

Two nights ago when I was working on save files editing the program suddenly stopped working sending me back a mistake error like "error in the side-to-side setting" (rough translation from French based on rough memories). Hope it can makes any sense to you.

I precise nothing had change in the way I was using the program : drag save to .exe, edit .xml, drag .xml back, reload from the game.

This time when I dragged back the .xml the error appeared. I fixed it just by suppressing your files and unzip new copies in the saves folder.

oroby
02-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Thank you. Do you have an idea - why your files are different?
I am confused that you game has different name (401 instead of 403).
Steam? Licensed game or a pirate? (Tell truth, please. ;))
If you explain the reason - I will add support for it.
(By the way, you can try to rename the LSG and use the old converter - should work)

I have no idea why my files are different...
I tried to rename my .sav file to .save, but the converter stopped with failure notice...

Where can I found the old v1.0 converter? Could you give me a link to download?

Thanks

philomelus
02-12-2014, 03:49 AM
I have no idea why my files are different...
I tried to rename my .sav file to .save, but the converter stopped with failure notice...

Where can I found the old v1.0 converter? Could you give me a link to download?

Thanks

I initially played a, ahem, not quite legal version to check it out. It used save files with names '%d.sav" rather than "%d.save". I tried renaming, copying, etc. to get it to work with the converter and it was no go.

Now I am using a legal steam purchased version. The saves are in the %PROGRAMFILES%\Ubisoft\...\403 directory, and have a matching metadata file as well (e.g. 1.save, 1.save.metadata). Converter works fine.

I compared the data in an initial save from both versions of the game, and they are different.

I should also mention that I had a lot of stuff that wouldn't work right in the version I originally tried - things I didn't know were fixed in the retail version already (even though it was supposedly a retail version).

Anyway, hope this helps.

Albeoris
02-14-2014, 01:28 AM
Coming soon...
http://s52.radikal.ru/i138/1402/ff/c1294a52b336.png (http://www.radikal.ru)

runicNomad
02-14-2014, 02:06 AM
sweet thanks Albeoris!

Albeoris
02-16-2014, 12:19 AM
New version released!
+Support all save game format (SAVE, SAV, LGS, XML).
+UI (Auto search save games + drag'n'drop)
-Old XML format is no longer supported (small changes).

Download:
MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download/dxgepzssisbhgss/M&M_10_Save_Game_Converter_v3.0.zip)
Yandex (http://yadi.sk/d/3guKpAw9Hx6Ra)

Enjoy!

runicNomad
02-17-2014, 12:35 AM
Thank you very much Albeoris for the work you have done on this editor/converter I appreciate it!!

ferris101
02-19-2014, 11:55 AM
I have a problem with my game where it won't allow me to light the fires in Sudgerd and was wondering where in the save game file i could change my rune priest to a rune lord

Thanks

Albeoris
02-19-2014, 06:25 PM
I have a problem with my game where it won't allow me to light the fires in Sudgerd and was wondering where in the save game file i could change my rune priest to a rune lord

Thanks

Psychics on vacation. Share save file. (=

bestemann2010
03-02-2014, 02:17 PM
hey there, I used your tool to alter my position from "theworld" to "Sorpigal" cause i was stuck. I changed the coordinates exactly like shown in your post in this thread. Now when I am in cities or dungeons I get the first sight after loading but as soon as I move the screen turns blank (no bsod). the sprites and everything else vanishes. i can still see my HUD and move and with minimap enter houses etc. But when I'm on the worldmap, everything is fine.
What can i do? My game has the latest version.

agris.
03-04-2014, 04:15 AM
Hey Albeoris (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1462010-Albeoris), is there any data in our saved games that relates to the seahaven bridge being unlocked after finishing the elemental forge quest? I'm wondering if we can edit our way around this forced DRM, the same way we can edit Lev's dialogue. We should be able to proceed past Act 1 with uplay in offline mode for christ' sake.

Albeoris
03-10-2014, 01:52 PM
hey there, I used your tool to alter my position from "theworld" to "Sorpigal" cause i was stuck. I changed the coordinates exactly like shown in your post in this thread. Now when I am in cities or dungeons I get the first sight after loading but as soon as I move the screen turns blank (no bsod). the sprites and everything else vanishes. i can still see my HUD and move and with minimap enter houses etc. But when I'm on the worldmap, everything is fine.
What can i do? My game has the latest version.
Unfortunately, I do not know - what help you. Experiment. I just provided a tool. :)

Hey Albeoris (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1462010-Albeoris), is there any data in our saved games that relates to the seahaven bridge being unlocked after finishing the elemental forge quest? I'm wondering if we can edit our way around this forced DRM, the same way we can edit Lev's dialogue. We should be able to proceed past Act 1 with uplay in offline mode for christ' sake.

Save before, save after, compare files. .-.
Because of bugs I could not go to the 2nd act. ^____________^''

bestemann2010
03-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Well, I was able to solve my problem by uninstalling the game, re-install it and NOT patch it. Thank you very much for this tool ^^ but I wouldnt have needed it in the first place if the patch hadnt messed up the game balancing... suddenly enemies are ten times stronger and kick your *** even tough you were able to wipe them before :/

deafknight
03-29-2014, 10:31 PM
from the 1.3 "sav" version to steam :

launch steam, create a savegame, it creates a metadata file
replace the ".save" file created with the converted ".sav"

elbentzo
05-05-2014, 08:52 AM
First off, thank you so much for your work on this!

But somehow, still, I can't get it to work. I've tried all the versions you released. In all of them i have no problem converting my .save file to xml, and reading it with notepad++. I change whatever i want (I'm mostly interested in adding skillpoints to rectify some mistakes), i save the xml file, i convert it back to save, i load the saved game -

and nothing. Nothing has changed. I've tried to change attributes also, but it still doesn't work. The only thing that changes is that sometimes the name of the saved game in the game changes to "-". Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Marrend_3
05-27-2014, 12:23 AM
...or, maybe I'm just stupid. Possibly both! Anyway, my files cannot load after doing the conversion from XML back into the SAVE formatting. I mean I can select the file, but, the "Load" option isn't available.

The files (http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/8200/locker/mmx_savedgame.zip) I'm working with, as far as I'm aware of, with the original file intact as "11_save".

Albeoris
05-27-2014, 10:36 PM
Try replace the library "Legacy.Core.dll" in the editor folder for fresh from the game folder (\steamapps\common\Might & Magic X - Legacy\Might and Magic X Legacy_Data\Managed\Legacy.Core.dll)
If this does not work... When I have free time, I'll see what happened.

Marrend_3
05-28-2014, 07:57 PM
I copied over the Legacy.Core.dll, but renamed the one that was there for safekeeping. Attempting to convert SAVE into XML initially gave an error message, which I sadly didn't capture. I thought that if I did the SAVE to XML conversion with the "old" DLL file, and do the XML to SAVE conversion with the "new" DLL, maybe, it would work. However, as the post title suggested, it didn't.

While typing this, I re-opened the program to replicate the error message. However, I did not get the error message from SAVE to XML. I still can't seem to load the file after converting back from XML to SAVE.

Odd point: I can use a hex editor on the values I was trying to hack without any trouble. However, at some point, I will want to hack inventory. To be honest, the save converter would probably more effective with hacking inventory than doing it through the hex editor I'm using.

*Edit: My best guess at the moment is that, somehow, the fact that I have the "Digital Deluxe" edition, with the "Falcon and the Unicorn" DLC installed, is what's causing this mess. Considering the posts above about the difference between SAV formatting and SAVE formatting, it seems like potentially relevant information?

*Edit2:
Darigaaz, I didn't think I had that screen shot of the error message! Take a look (http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/8200/locker/error.png) at if, if you think it helps.

waltc
05-29-2014, 01:25 AM

*Edit: My best guess at the moment is that, somehow, the fact that I have the "Digital Deluxe" edition, with the "Falcon and the Unicorn" DLC installed, is what's causing this mess. Considering the posts above about the difference between SAV formatting and SAVE formatting, it seems like potentially relevant information?

From reading through this thread, the last game version it appears to work with, reportedly, is 1.3. You obviously have 1.5 installed, and his program may not be compatible with the latest version of the game--or the same version of the game you are playing. That's because when games are updated one of the things that almost always changes from version to version is savegames--even minor savegame changes between game versions can render the older savegames useless, or at best just buggy. I don't know for certain about this one, but these kinds of save-game editing programs rarely work properly if they aren't based on the final version of the game. (I'm not even sure if 1.5 is the final version, of course. There may yet be more updates ahead.) I would strongly advise just playing the game instead of wasting time and energy fighting problems with this particular save-game editor...;) It is much more fun, trust me!

I've got 1.5, too, and it's playing wonderfully well for me so far. If you started with 1.5, great, stay with it. But if you have saves left over from an earlier version of the game, say 1.3, I'd just start over with 1.5 otherwise you may have serious problems with the game at some point. Many games share this characteristic. Save-game editors, remember, are just hacks. If I was Albeoris, I wouldn't do another version of the editor until the game is finalized and it is known there will be no more patches forthcoming.

Albeoris
05-29-2014, 07:27 AM
I copied over the Legacy.Core.dll, but renamed the one that was there for safekeeping. Attempting to convert SAVE into XML initially gave an error message, which I sadly didn't capture. I thought that if I did the SAVE to XML conversion with the "old" DLL file, and do the XML to SAVE conversion with the "new" DLL, maybe, it would work. However, as the post title suggested, it didn't.

While typing this, I re-opened the program to replicate the error message. However, I did not get the error message from SAVE to XML. I still can't seem to load the file after converting back from XML to SAVE.

Odd point: I can use a hex editor on the values I was trying to hack without any trouble. However, at some point, I will want to hack inventory. To be honest, the save converter would probably more effective with hacking inventory than doing it through the hex editor I'm using.

*Edit2:
Darigaaz, I didn't think I had that screen shot of the error message! Take a look (http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/8200/locker/error.png) at if, if you think it helps.

Quick fix:
1) Bring back the old file Legacy.Core.dll
2) Open the .save file in HEX-editor.
3) After the name of the save (in the beginning) add 32 (0x20) of zero bytes.
4) Change the length of the file metadata (first 4 bytes) from 04020000x0 to 24020000x0

http://s001.radikal.ru/i195/1405/6f/0ae201f9a26a.png (http://www.radikal.ru)

Marrend_3
05-29-2014, 08:08 PM
@waltc:
I'm kinda/sorta "just playing". In the sense of giving 200 skill points to each character, and enough attribute points to dump +20 on each stat on (or near) each level-up.

*looks left*

*looks right*

@Albeoris:
The game doesn't show up on the list if I do that. Nor does it show up if I put a 36 in the first byte (which is what my other files have). Out of curiosity, I didn't include the extra 32-byte string of 0s, and neither a 24 nor 32 in the first byte of the file worked.

I sorta have to agree with waltc's point on not worrying about getting this to work right now, though.

Rya.Reisender
06-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Since development on the game was stopped, how about updating the save converter to work with the most recent version now? Would be nice.

Albeoris
07-24-2014, 11:34 AM
As you wish. :)
New version has been released.
Compatible with 1.5-16336

P.S. Do not forget, the archives contain the source code of the program - you can make changes yourself. ;)

Marrend_3
08-16-2014, 09:21 PM
You're a hero (of Might and Magic), Albeoris.

Albeoris
08-22-2014, 08:54 PM
At the request of conservatives, the version with support for Windows XP.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xo41nnaaleslqn9/M&M_10_Save_Game_Converter_v3.1_NET40_(Windows_XP_Su pport).zip

Rya.Reisender
08-26-2014, 12:35 PM
Sorry for the late reply but I also wanted to thank you for updating the tool. :-)

justl123
08-31-2014, 09:50 AM
Sorry for the late reply but I also wanted to thank you for updating the tool. :-)

me 2

gestaltdude
09-01-2014, 09:41 AM
I have downloaded the software, plonked it in the save game folder, and used it to convert a game to xml. Once I downloaded and XML editor I then went about making some simple changes, trying to the get the hang of the thing. All was well until I went to convert of game into the original sav game format. The Converter will acknowledge the presence of the game when it starts, but as soon as I click on the xml version of the game to select it for re-conversion it disappears from the games list.

justl123
09-01-2014, 06:03 PM
I have downloaded the software, plonked it in the save game folder, and used it to convert a game to xml. Once I downloaded and XML editor I then went about making some simple changes, trying to the get the hang of the thing. All was well until I went to convert of game into the original sav game format. The Converter will acknowledge the presence of the game when it starts, but as soon as I click on the xml version of the game to select it for re-conversion it disappears from the games list.

best thing to do:
go into the menu-screen of the game -> then converse your game, edit it, and reconverse it ... this way you dont have worry about disappearing files.

gestaltdude
09-03-2014, 05:27 AM
best thing to do:
go into the menu-screen of the game -> then converse your game, edit it, and reconverse it ... this way you dont have worry about disappearing files.

Ah, you ah misunderstanding the problem. The game file isnt disappearing from the load screen of M&MX, it is disappearing from the saved game converter list. The other saved games are visible as .save files, but the .xml file disappears as soon as i try to select it for re-conversion back into a .save file. I have tried with both with the game running and with it stopped, it makes no difference it still disappears.

justl123
09-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Ah, you ah misunderstanding the problem. The game file isnt disappearing from the load screen of M&MX, it is disappearing from the saved game converter list. The other saved games are visible as .save files, but the .xml file disappears as soon as i try to select it for re-conversion back into a .save file. I have tried with both with the game running and with it stopped, it makes no difference it still disappears.

well, i havent edited my games in the savemgame-directory ... i copied them elsewhere, did my conversing/editing/reconversing and copied them back to the savegamefolder.
never had problems with that.
(maybe the game doesnt like .xml files in its savegamedirectory?)

justl

Albeoris
10-08-2014, 09:50 PM

I cannot reproduce your problem. )=

djkrztoff
10-13-2014, 12:00 AM
I started playing this on a pirated copy for mac. I've since purchased the game on steam, but I can't seem to get my save to show up in the conversion tool to change it from an LSG to a SAVE so I can continue on my PC.

Here's my LSG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qonx7bzkxima5ga/Sorpigal-by-the-Sea.lsg?dl=0

nemserultnem
12-08-2014, 07:36 PM
I was playing with (khmm) another version of the game (but already with the DLC) on my PC and on my second playthrough I decided it is really worth the support, so I bought the Digital Deluxe version on Steam. I also activated the DLC, but the save game files are in totally different format (eg. old ones: save001.sav vs new ones: 11.save and a 0 byte 11.save.upload file) and there is no way I can get the old ones to work - they simply don't show up on the load page or cannot be opened. I managed to locate the folder the games are coming from (to me it seems to be \program files (x86)\ubisoft\ubisoft game launcher\savegames\<random characters>\403 - oddly enough there were in a different folder first, maybe somewhere under steam, but now they're here and if I eg. create a new game it appears here), but I cannot load the old games. I tried:
1, simply renaming .sav to .save
2, converting .sav to .save with this tool and renaming to the new file according the new naming convention
3, converting .sav to .xml and then to .save... everything.

The best I can get it by applying #2 that the game sees on the loading screen that there is a save game and also its in-game name, but there is no screenshot, no valid play time, no difficulty and most importantly no load option, only delete.

Is there a way how I could make my old .sav files playable under the digital deluxe version? Thank you all in advance :)

justl123
12-13-2014, 03:15 PM
hi,
anyone got a compilation of all the names (dungeons, crypts, theworld, cities, etc.) you can go to?
thx
justl