PDA

View Full Version : PETITION: Make Aveline DLC not exclusive to the PlayStations only

CartopBALTO
08-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Ubisoft, please make Aveline DLC for Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag available on other consoles and/or PC at least. Please allow the larger gaming community some happiness.

All those who support this petition, please give me a +1 and post a comment regarding the same.

poptartz20
08-28-2013, 07:54 PM
ehh.. I don't have a problem with it! :D

Then again I have a playstation. Maybe there should be a petition for that? huh? lol.

Good Luck with this!

AnthonyA85
08-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Though it would be nice to have the Avaline DLC on the other platforms, it won't happen. If we didn't get that DLC for AC3 (if we used xbox, wii U, or PC) then we're certainly not going to get this one.

And that picture in your signature is far too big, it needs to be resized.

ze_topazio
08-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Not going to sign it, I'm a Playstation user, suffer you infidels. :cool:

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm sure they will become available a bit later as DLCs. :) Weren't some exclusive PS missions last year on AC3 later included on the Season Pass I think...

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm sure they will become available a bit later as DLCs. :) Weren't some exclusive PS missions last year on AC3 later included on the Season Pass I think...

nope

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 08:00 PM
nope
Really? I remember not playing some of the DLCs on my Season Pass because I had already played them in my Freedom Edition. (unless they were Freedom-exclusive and not PS-exclusive...)

Hans684
08-28-2013, 08:02 PM
http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-please-add-beneath-the-black-flag-by-miracleofsound-to-assassins-creed-4

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 08:02 PM
this thread is kinda irrelevant.

The AC franchise has had a deal with sony for years. None of the PS exclusive missions have ever been made available for the xbox.

Sony made a special deal with AC so as to increase the number of playstation ACs sold. its a buisness thing. you cant hope to have those exclusives made for xbox just from a petition. In order for that to happen, microsoft would also have to make a deal with AC, something they have not and will not be happy to do.

the missions arent made for PS because ubisoft hates xbox. its just a marketing thing. It will never happen for AC4, and very unlikely for future ACs

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Yeah it was a PS Vita exclusive game so i can see why it should remain a exclusive for PS3/PS4.
Sorry but thats the way it is sometimes.

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Really? I remember not playing some of the DLCs on my Season Pass because I had already played them in my Freedom Edition. (unless they were Freedom-exclusive and not PS-exclusive...)

trust me. no PS exlusive benedict arnold dlc for xbox. ever

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 08:08 PM
It won't happen.

AnthonyA85
08-28-2013, 08:21 PM
trust me. no PS exlusive benedict arnold dlc for xbox. ever

Those that bought the DDE or the Season Pass DID get the Benedict Arnold missions (I just never got that far in the game)

It was the Copernicus Exclusive missions for ACB us PC and Xbox players never got. So I know for a fact, that we won't get the Avaline missions.

Besides, they aren't going to add anything to the game story wise, otherwise they'd HAVE to make it platform wide.

Farlander1991
08-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Even though PC users did get Benedict Arnold... Aveline seems like a Sony-exclusive character. I mean, she looks cool, but I really don't know anything about her since I don't have a PSVita and haven't played Liberation. No attachment for the character exists. So if Aveline DLC doesn't get released on other platforms... not a big deal to me, honestly.

adventurewomen
08-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Watch on youtube, thats what I did with Liberation I didn't want to buy a PSP Vita for one game. :p

Farlander1991
08-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Watch on youtube, thats what I did with Liberation I didn't want to buy a PSP Vita for one game. :p

Well, then I can as easily watch AC4 Aveline missions on YouTube :p As I said, no attachment to the character. Don't see a dying need to get her missions (in my case on PC).

guardian_titan
08-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Would be nice for those of us that do own Liberation on Vita be able to play her DLC in AC4 regardless of what platform we have but have it accessible for PS3/PS4 owners regardless if they own Liberation. I own Liberation (bought a Vita bundle with it) but have the rest of the series on PC. Personally, I prefer PC games over console. Only console I play semi-regularly are handhelds like the Nintendo 3DS. I'm terrible with joysticks. Kind of frustrating to now I either have to step out of my element and buy AC4 on PS3 to be able to complete Aveline's story or watch it on Youtube. Disappointed I missed the Connor mission in Liberation just because I own AC3 on the wrong platform. :( If it's available like Benedict Arnold was (buy the digital deluxe), I'll be happy.

The ACB Copernicus mission I wasn't even aware of until last month, but to be fair, I only got into the series last December. That was a PS3 exclusive, but technically so was Benedict Arnold, and yet the latter was made available on PC, too. So looks like Aveline can go either way at this point. Need 3 for a pattern. Since the PC version tends to get held back a month, it's possible Aveline may make it to PC. Or she just may fall into obscurity being available on a single platform. Granted, surprising so many know of her as it is since she was only on Vita before and not many have that platform.

adventurewomen
08-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Well, then I can as easily watch AC4 Aveline missions on YouTube :p As I said, no attachment to the character. Don't see a dying need to get her missions (in my case on PC).
Same I had no attachment to her character either, she wasn't well written and lacked personality - she was dull IMO.

I watched the Connor sequence on Liberation for the most part.

STDlyMcStudpants
08-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Buy a PS4

Jexx21
08-28-2013, 09:10 PM
I thought that Aveline was well written in the sense that we got a general sense of her overall character. She wants to free people from captivity, but at the same time her mentor is semi-murderous. I felt like Liberation was another one of those stories that portrays the Assassins in more of a grey light than a black and white one. Aveline also seemed to be more violent than Connor was, in terms of how willing she was to kill others.

But I liked her. I really hope that we can hop into the space her missions are in and free-roam.

LightRey
08-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Funny. There's a petition like this one for every game and it has never worked.

Farlander1991
08-28-2013, 09:15 PM

It wokred for Benedict Arnold :p

Though, on a serious note, the petition itself had nothing to do with it.

LightRey
08-28-2013, 09:25 PM

It did?

Locopells
08-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Yeah, someone already pointed out that PC got the BA missions in the DD version. Dunno about Xbox.

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 09:27 PM

What? No it didn't!

Farlander1991
08-28-2013, 09:31 PM
What? No it didn't!

Benedict Arnold was released on PC. It wasn't because of the petition (and I pointed out that out in my post), but it's on PC. And I played it. And not only me.

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Benedict Arnold was released on PC. It wasn't because of the petition (and I pointed out that out in my post), but it's on PC. And I played it. And not only me.

I understand.

Jexx21
08-28-2013, 09:34 PM
but you couldn't get the Benedict Arnold missions if you didn't buy the Digital Deluxe edition. So if you already own the game, you would have to pay $80 to play them. >.>

LoyalACFan
08-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Sony consoles always get extra AC missions, so...

Actually, I think this was a much better solution than having PS-exclusive Edward missions, since the first half of Aveline's story was already exclusive to Sony's Vita.

ze_topazio
08-28-2013, 10:50 PM

Some people like to play games, not watching them being played. :rolleyes:

Locopells
08-29-2013, 12:11 AM
but you couldn't get the Benedict Arnold missions if you didn't buy the Digital Deluxe edition. So if you already own the game, you would have to pay $80 to play them. >.>

But of course.

Billiam301
08-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Microsoft have a deal with Activision for COD DLCs, Sony have a deal with Ubisoft for AC DLCs. I play both games and I am a PlayStation user and although it the COD DLCs annoy me, I just deal with it :P

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-29-2013, 01:14 AM
this thread is kinda irrelevant.

The AC franchise has had a deal with sony for years. None of the PS exclusive missions have ever been made available for the xbox.

Sony made a special deal with AC so as to increase the number of playstation ACs sold. its a buisness thing. you cant hope to have those exclusives made for xbox just from a petition. In order for that to happen, microsoft would also have to make a deal with AC, something they have not and will not be happy to.
the missions arent made for PS because ubisoft hates xbox. its just a marketing thing. It will never happen for AC4, and very unlikely for future ACs
PS4 gets the better stick here, they get exclusive ubi stuff while xbox get dumb ** cod ****. But Pc wins because they get mods.

mlleemiles
08-29-2013, 08:23 AM
Signed.

I agree with you, because i have a PS Vita and a copy of ACLiberation and the game is amazing but i don't have a god damned PS3 now so i really hope they can make it available on PC just like benedict arnold dlc.

roostersrule2
08-29-2013, 11:07 AM
I think they should give more stuff to Playstation.

Actually I think it should all be given to a console that only plays Mass Effect 1 and 3.

roostersrule2
08-29-2013, 11:09 AM
On topic though, Ubisoft can't legally do this. Ubisoft would have a deal with Sony where Sony pays the big monies and then Ubisoft give them the Ovaltine missions.

CartopBALTO
08-29-2013, 11:49 AM

You mean the Benedict Arnold DLC?

Sugar-Serpent
08-29-2013, 12:38 PM
I doubt this will happen, but I get wistful thinking of the rest of Aveline's story being released as a PS Vita DLC. :P

Gi1t
08-29-2013, 12:52 PM

Yeah, but then again, I almost feel like there should be one anyway, just because any exclusive stuff ought to have a thread complaining about its exclusivity. Stuff like this has always been kind of asinine.

Buy a PS4

Seriously? That's supposed to be a joke right?

roostersrule2
08-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Seriously? That's supposed to be a joke right?Now you shall buy 2.

Gi1t
08-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Now you shall buy 2.

Not on your life, but I prpobably will buy a PS3 at the end of this year. :) (Offtopic, they did make a Shadow of the Colossus HD thing for PS3 right?)

roostersrule2
08-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Not on your life, but I prpobably will buy a PS3 at the end of this year. :) (Offtopic, they did make a Shadow of the Colossus HD thing for PS3 right?)Are you trying to get yourself killed? You will buy 18 now.

STDlyMcStudpants
08-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Not on your life, but I prpobably will buy a PS3 at the end of this year. :) (Offtopic, they did make a Shadow of the Colossus HD thing for PS3 right?)

Yes. I Have it :DDD
They have a GOW Collection
Jak and Daxter Collection
Ico Collection
Tomb Raider Trilogy
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Rachet and Clank collection
Killzone Trilogy
And other collection that serve no interest to me lol

NondairyGold
08-29-2013, 02:55 PM
This is never going to happen, deal's have been done and contract's have been signed.

CartopBALTO
08-29-2013, 08:06 PM
This is never going to happen, deal's have been done and contract's have been signed.
That's what they said for the Benedict Arnold DLC...

lothario-da-be
08-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Not another petition...

Gi1t
08-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Yes. I Have it :DDD
They have a GOW Collection
Jak and Daxter Collection
Ico Collection
Tomb Raider Trilogy
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Rachet and Clank collection
Killzone Trilogy
And other collection that serve no interest to me lol

Yeah, Ratchet and Clank, have to think about maybe getting that one too. :) I need the PoP trilogy since only Sands of Time works on 360. -__-

Ureh
08-30-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't think there should be dlc of any kind. No preorder "bonuses", no timed exclusives, no forever exclusives... nothing. Just include all of them in the game from the start for everyone to enjoy.

Bastiaen
08-30-2013, 03:45 PM
I would love to have aveline content on xbox. I purchased a vita in order to get ac, but I'm not going to switch to ps4. I think that the xbox one is better value for my money, especially considering the titles coming out for it. It does frustrate me that sony gets exclusive ac and wd content, but I can get over it.

NondairyGold
08-30-2013, 03:59 PM
That's what they said for the Benedict Arnold DLC...

Yeah and it's still not available for the 360, never will!!! I don't see your point.

cyrax008
08-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Sony bought this exclusive themselves, so XBOX users will get this, if their contract permits it. It might be a timed exclusive and only to be released after a set time has passed.

henne-kei
08-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Wouldn't that mean if I have a Sony PC that I should be able to play them when I buy the PC-Version of that game? :rolleyes:

CartopBALTO
09-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Sony bought this exclusive themselves, so XBOX users will get this, if their contract permits it. It might be a timed exclusive and only to be released after a set time has passed.

Wouldn't that mean if I have a Sony PC that I should be able to play them when I buy the PC-Version of that game? :rolleyes:
Sony's contract MIGHT be restricted to their PlayStation consoles (stress on "might"). Similar thing happened with the Benedict Arnold DLC, which was released only in the Digital Deluxe. Maybe we can expect that from AC IV...(with a few extra BUCK$)

plentybeef
09-04-2013, 08:23 PM
@cartopBALTO- you should send a letter to Microsoft and say you are going to switch over to PS if they don't buy those exclusive dlc by Christmas and save up for the ps4 and buy the console and game when they become less expensive. If they really cared about your problem they might bend their bow to your will.

LightRey
09-04-2013, 08:23 PM
@cartopBALTO- you should send a letter to Microsoft and say you are going to switch over to PS if they don't buy those exclusive dlc by Christmas and save up for the ps4 and buy the console and game when they become less expensive. If they really cared about your problem they might bend their bow to your will.
They really won't give a fudge.

CartopBALTO
09-07-2013, 05:45 PM

They really won't give a fudge.

But a petition can make this happen.

Coltillion
09-07-2013, 06:41 PM
I don't like playing as a female in games, unless it's Saints Row and her breasts are humongous... so no, Aveline sticks to her crappy Vita.

Black_Widow9
09-08-2013, 12:35 AM
I don't like playing as a female in games, unless it's Saints Row and her breasts are humongous... so no, Aveline sticks to her crappy Vita.
Yeah I always look for a huge package when I play dudes in video games. :rolleyes:

silvermercy
09-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Yeah I always look for a huge package when I play dudes in video games. :rolleyes:
lol

Don't take him seriously. His post list on his profile is... most amusing. He's almost always saying something to make people upset. Many posters have noticed.

thekarlone
09-08-2013, 12:57 AM
I only support this if you want the Aveline DLC arrives to the other platforms later, a few months later. I mean, change the exclusivity to a temporal exclusivity.

CartopBALTO
11-24-2013, 05:35 PM
This is now a truth. Installed Digital Deluxe-equivalent version. It has Aveline DLC pack.

---Shockwave---

SleezeRocker
11-24-2013, 06:39 PM
honestly you're really not missing out much on it. Hell all the PS 'exclusive' missions are short boring little distractions that last about less than 15minutes :P

OxIdOAC
11-24-2013, 07:31 PM
Yes, Aveline is NOT only on PS, it is on PC version too, i played it and it took me about 10-15 minutes to play through 3 missions, and theres no side quests, no collectables, no free roam just straight simple 3 part level. But i like her more than some funny speaking indian from ACIII... I love complete series but AC III is a disaster... And just because the main character, hope Ubi never repeat this...