PDA

View Full Version : AC IV vs GTA V

RockTrim12
08-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Which will you like better/play more.

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Hands down GTA 5, but the two are very different games and comparing them doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 11:29 AM
GTA V, best game of this generation vs Assassins Creed 3 with extra boats.

Farlander1991
08-28-2013, 11:33 AM
ACIV, simply because I never really liked the GTA series.

shobhit7777777
08-28-2013, 11:38 AM
depends on how GTAV plays out. It seems they are keen on offering a more open experience when it comes to missions...lets see.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 12:08 PM
AC4. GTAV is not even marketed to me.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 12:18 PM
What was the idea of asking such a question on a forum about AC...

D.I.D.
08-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Probably GTA V, once it comes to PC, mainly because it hooks up the vehicles' radio to my MP3 library and I can happily spend hours driving around the landscape while basking in my own great taste. The Jackdaw and the horses don't do that: for some reason; quite an oversight on Ubisoft's part.

However, since Rockstar is still pretending they aren't going to release a PC version of GTA V, I'll buy the least coy of the two.

ArabianFrost
08-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Whichever game has the best stealth wins.

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 12:30 PM
AC4. GTAV is not even marketed to me.

Just because you saw GTA art depicting a woman in a bikini? There's much more to game than just that

Locopells
08-28-2013, 12:32 PM
However, since Rockstar is still pretending they aren't going to release a PC version of GTA V, I'll buy the least coy of the two.

Heh...

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Just because you saw GTA art depicting a woman in a bikini? There's much more to game than just that
I know it must be a good game. It's not marketed to me though. The marketing says "stay away". lol So I'm staying.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 01:04 PM
I know it must be a good game. It's not marketed to me though. The marketing says "stay away". lol
>1 beachgirl picture is saying stay away.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:05 PM
>1 beachgirl picture is saying stay away.
Yes.

ArabianFrost
08-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Yes.

You have some really strict criteria.

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Yes.

You can hire prostitutes in Black Flag...

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 01:11 PM
You can hire prostitutes in Black Flag...
Pirate culture - looting, plundering, rape.

silvermercy
You have some really strict criteria.
If there was a hunk next to her I'd get a different message.

roostersrule2
Yes.That' stupid.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Yes, exactly.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:12 PM
That' stupid.
I don't care. I'm not the target audience according to marketing.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 01:13 PM
I don't care. I'm not the target audience according to marketing.Because no one would react that way.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Because no one would react that way.
Well I'm neither a lesbian or a bisexual female... so... why would I be the target of this marketing campaign?

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 01:16 PM

All totally fine, but a picture of a woman in a bikini is totally unacceptable!

God...

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 01:16 PM
A concept art of a woman in a red bikini holding a cellphone is somehow about sexual orientation...

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Well I'm neither a lesbian or a bisexual female... so... why would I be the target of this marketing campaign?I'm neither a criminal nor a black repo man, middle aged ex bank robber or a crazy redneck, I am also not the target audience. If you judge a game on a piece of artwork well then....

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm neither a criminal nor a black repo man, middle aged ex bank robber or a crazy redneck, I am also not the target audience. If you judge a game on a piece of artwork well then....

This this this.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Would you buy a game marketed like this?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA9AnzIgMZTY2Il79fSdlGVlG2gfY_Z 2-5COFwHbsBXZ9iTJnO

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 01:19 PM
You make it sound like there's only one pic of GTA5 ever released....not to forget it's called GRAND THEFT AUTO not Grand Bikini Ride.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Would you buy a game marketed like this?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA9AnzIgMZTY2Il79fSdlGVlG2gfY_Z 2-5COFwHbsBXZ9iTJnOI would not give a ****, I don't buy games to watch men, doesn't mean I wont buy a game that gives me the option too.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:20 PM
I would not give a ****, I don't buy games to watch men, doesn't mean I wont buy a game that gives me the option too.
Riight... so you'd buy a yaoi game.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Riight... so you'd buy a yaoi game.
Yes that bikini pic soooo means it's a yuri game.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Riight... so you'd buy a yaoi game.The hell is a yaoi game? I'm not understanding your logic here, although you are a woman.

I swear to god that last part was a joke don't hurt me.

ArabianFrost
08-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Let's stop this before it turns horribly sour.

Silver has a point. We aren't necessarily tapping into every little bit of pirate culture. You won't see rape in the game and the prostitutes are apparently modestly dressed compared to a woman with bursting "assets" on an official game poster. I know some conservative friends (not that Silver is) and they would be appalled by blatant sex marketing like this. AC doesn't rub it in your face or release an official game poster that are blatantly selling sex, isn't. At this point, Silver is exaggerating a bit cause the marketing isn't necessarily representative of the devs' intentions, so this might be a bit impulsive on her side. You decide if you like the game or not. The marketing doesn't mean that only those who like women in bikinis are going to enjoy it.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Yes that bikini pic soooo means it's a yuri game.
I simply don't LIKE the marketing campaign. Why is there a problem with that? I'm free to choose what I like or don't like.

edit: thanks Frost.

TheHumanTowel
lol I don't think silvermercy was really that interested in GTAV if she's decided to not buy it because of a tame picture of a chick in a bikini. She must've not known much about GTA in the first place seeing as it's always been like that as well. So no loss for anyone really.

On the subject of the thread I don't think you can compare them.

ProletariatPleb
>Muh political correctness.

I simply don't LIKE the marketing campaign. Why is there a problem with that? I'm free to choose what I like or don't like.
And I'm free to ridicule the reason without insulting you personally so there's that.

ArabianFrost
08-28-2013, 01:25 PM

Pretty much this.

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 01:26 PM

It's fine you don't like the marketing, but choosing to disregard the entire game based on that is nonsensical.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:28 PM
lol I don't think silvermercy was really that interested in GTAV if she's decided to not buy it because of a tame picture of a chick in a bikini. She must've not known much about GTA in the first place seeing as it's always been like that as well. So no loss for anyone really.

On the subject of the thread I don't think you can compare them.

I was previously interested actually because all my male friends were raving about it. (I know the bikini is tame. That wasn't my point).

It's fine you don't like the marketing, but choosing to disregard the entire game based on that is nonsensical.

No, it's entirely logical actually. I am not supporting such marketing campaigns.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 01:28 PM
It's fine you don't like the marketing, but choosing to disregard the entire game based on that is nonsensical.Indeed, especially when AC4's marketing is not better, actually worse.

pirate1802
08-28-2013, 01:32 PM
I know I'm a minority in this but..

ACIV, simply because I never really liked the GTA series.

This.

I swear to god that last part was a joke don't hurt me.

LAWL

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 01:33 PM
I will not buy this game because bikini girl.
http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/img/content/3436.jpg

GOTAYAYAYYA!
http://i5.minus.com/iSDF75x8wQFjd.jpg

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Dammit sid this a G rated forum we can't have things that are G rated!!

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:34 PM
http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/img/content/3436.jpg
http://i5.minus.com/iSDF75x8wQFjd.jpg
^ Those pics are not in the same context.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 01:37 PM
^ Those pics are not in the same context.
Ofcourse not.

One is a girl in a pose with a mobile phone on a beach.

The other is on a lap of a guy surrounded by others and in no way do they look decent.

yes somehow the first one is offensive.

pirate1802
08-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Should have this one, Sid.

http://i.imgur.com/gAHxwOf.png

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 01:38 PM
^Didn't have the pic with me, those 2 are easier to find.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Ofcourse not.

One is a girl in a pose with a mobile phone on a beach.

The other is on a lap of a guy surrounded by others and in no way do they look decent.

yes somehow the first one is offensive.

The first one is OBVIOUSLY marketed to a male audience (or lesbians...)
The second one shows pirate culture.

Ah I knew my friend pirate would pull that famous prostitute picture. :) I think GTAV is actually worse now. (At least AC marketing toned it down with subsequent trailers and even explained this scene was for showing pirate culture in general, not Edward. And I'm now fine with it since they managed to address this issue).

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 01:42 PM

Ah I knew my friend pirate would pull that famous prostitute picture. :) I think GTAV is actually worse now. (At least AC marketing toned it down with subsequent trailers and even explained this scene was for showing pirate culture in general, not Edward. And I'm now fine with it since they addressed it.)So because they marketed to someone other then you with one bit of artwork you hate the game? That's a tad narcissistic.

x___Luffy___x
08-28-2013, 01:43 PM
i love both AC and GTA, gonna play both for very long hours :) well GTA when it comes out on PC though.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 01:43 PM

Ah I knew my friend pirate would pull that famous prostitute picture. :) I think GTAV is actually worse now. (At least AC marketing toned it down with subsequent trailers and even explained this scene was for showing pirate culture in general, not Edward. And I'm now fine with it since they managed to address this issue).
Sooooooo

A bikini girl is unacceptable.

Implied sex is fine because it's part of pirate culture.

Wow, just wow.

pirate1802
08-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Bikini girl on a beach isn't part of our culture? Whaa..

adventurewomen
08-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Although I like GTA series as well as AC series, you simply can't compare the games! They are really two very different games!

Zeusel111
08-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Although I like GTA series as well as AC series, you simply can't compare the games! They are really two very different games!

Of course you can. You could compare AC IV with a banana if you feel like it, it just woudn't make much sense.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Sooooooo

A bikini girl is unacceptable.

Implied sex is fine because it's part of pirate culture.

Wow, just wow.
er... I didn't say it's unacceptable. It's actually totally fine with me. O_o I said I don't feel like I'm the target audience. So why on earth should I buy it if I don't like the campaign? A marketing campaign is supposed to make me buy a product. O_o

Bikini girl on a beach isn't part of our culture? Whaa..

That was not the point of the marketing campaign. Why is it difficult to understand the point I'm making?

So because they marketed to someone other then you with one bit of artwork you hate the game? That's a tad narcissistic.
I didn't say I hated the game. I haven't even played it to have an opinion. I said I didn't like the marketing campaign.

pirate1802
08-28-2013, 01:47 PM
There were plenty of hunky male pics used in the marketing too. :|

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:48 PM
There were plenty of hunky male pics used in the marketing too. :|

Well, they didn't reach me.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 01:48 PM
er... I didn't say it's unacceptable. It's actually totally fine with me. O_o I said I don't feel like I'm the target audience. So why on earth should I buy it if I don't like the campaign? A marketing campaign is supposed to make me buy a product. O_o

That was not the point of the marketing campaign. Why is it difficult to understand the point I'm making?
because you're talking about 1 image out of many.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 01:51 PM

That was not the point of the marketing campaign. Why is it difficult to understand the point I'm making?That point your making has no point. GTA V is shaping up to be one of the greatest games of all time, but because you don't think the marketing is aimed at you because you judged their whole marketing campaign off one picture you wont buy it. Why does it matter who it's aimed at and what the marketing people do or don't do, if I like a game I will buy it.

adventurewomen
08-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Ima just leave these here, Ubisoft thank you so much for this FanGURL service! <3

DAYUM Shirtless! <3

http://i.imgur.com/o17MXgb.png

<3

That is the only thing I will compare to GTA - AC does have the moment when a half naked Assassin is shown on the screen.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Ima just leave these here, Ubisoft thank you so much for this FanGURL service! <3

DAYUM Shirtless! <3

http://i.imgur.com/o17MXgb.png

<3Oh no, I'm not gay, I don't like shirtless guys, better not play TOKW.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:53 PM
That point your making has no point. GTA V is shaping up to be one of the greatest games of all time, but because you don't think the marketing is aimed at you because you judged their whole marketing campaign off one picture you wont buy it. Why does it matter who it's aimed at and what the marketing people do or don't do, if I like a game I will buy it.

They wouldn't NEED a marketing campaign if everyone bought the game through word of mouth on how good it is? As I said before I'm not supporting this kind of marketing campaign.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:54 PM
They wouldn't NEED a marketing campaign if everyone bought the game through word of mouth on how good it is? As I said before I'm not supporting this kind of marketing campaign.
That's not a marketing campaign. And Natives were usually shirtless as far as I know.

roostersrule2
I didn't say I hated the game. I haven't even played it to have an opinion. I said I didn't like the marketing campaign.Who judges games off marketing campaigns? Just look at AC3,

pirate1802
Oh no, I'm not gay, I don't like shirtless guys, better not play TOKW.

Roflmao!

That DLC is not marketed towards me :|

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 01:55 PM
They wouldn't NEED a marketing campaign
They really don't need it.

ACfan443
No, it's entirely logical actually. I am not supporting such marketing campaigns.

No it isn't? One bikini=whole game is full of sex
Marketing rarely represents a game in its true fashion. During AC3's marketing campaign, there were frequent depictions of redcoats being mutilated (compared to GTA's one picture), some people in the UK moaned about it, but did it stop them from buying the game? No.

In short this is extremely childish.

Farlander1991

Just out of curiosity, if the marketing campaign for GTAV were different, but the game remained absolutely the same, you'd be interested in it?

roostersrule2
They wouldn't NEED a marketing campaign if everyone bought the game through word of mouth on how good it is? As I said before I'm not supporting this kind of marketing campaign.You wont support a marketing campaign that tries to sell a game?

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 01:56 PM
No it isn't? One bikini=whole game is full of sex
Marketing rarely represents a game in its true fashion. During AC3's marketing campaign, there were frequent depictions of redcoats being mutilated (compared to GTA's one picture), some people in the UK moaned about it, but did it stop them from buying the game? No.

In short this is extremely childish.

I don't care if the game is full of pious nuns after I buy it. I'm talking about the marketing campaign. The MARKETING.

edit: I'm not buying the game because this would mean I'm ok with this type of marketing. I'm not.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 01:59 PM
I don't care if the game is full of pious nuns after I buy it. I'm talking about the marketing campaign. The MARKETING.

edit: I'm not buying the game because this would mean I'm ok with this type of marketing. I'm not.What type of marketing? The one that depicts chicks wearing bikinis?

The only marketing I'm not okay with is marketing campaigns that lie ie. AC3 and to a lesser extent ACR.

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 01:59 PM

I know that, but you said you're not going to buy the game because of one marketing picture. By that logic I shouldn't have bought AC3.

adventurewomen
08-28-2013, 02:00 PM
I remember when every GTA fan was going crazy trying to find out where Lola Del Rio was in GTA IV. It was mostly the guys, who wanted to know where she was.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Nevermind... we're going in circles here.

Enjoy your GTA V. :)

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:02 PM

Enjoy your GTA V. :)I shall, enjoy seeing prostitutes in ACIV.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:03 PM
I shall, enjoy seeing prostitutes in ACIV.
I don't mind them though... ;)

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 02:04 PM

Enjoy your GTA V. :)

What you said: 'I'm not buying the game because it would mean I support its marketing'
So I repeat, I shouldn't have bought AC3 cause that would mean I supported its marketing (redcoat bloodshed) - which I didn't, yet I bought it anyway cause I can see past a few trailers and screenshots.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:06 PM
What you said: 'I'm not buying the game because it would mean I support its marketing'
So I repeat, I shouldn't have bought AC3 cause that would mean I supported its marketing (redcoat bloodshed) - which I didn't, yet I bought it anyway cause I can see past a few trailers and screenshots.
er whatever... (I see this comparison as totally irrelevant).

TheHumanTowel
08-28-2013, 02:07 PM
I don't think silvermercy's the kind of person who would enjoy a GTA game anyway. People should stop trying to convince her to change her mind. It's not going to happen.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:08 PM
I don't think silvermercy's the kind of person who would enjoy a GTA game anyway. People should stop trying to convince her to change her mind. It's not going to happen.
Perhaps you're right. The marketing gave me some extra insight of what's in the game.

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Clearly picking GTA V as the winner out of those 2, R* simply knows how to make a great game that goes beyond our expectations.

Can't wait for the new trailer tomorrow.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 02:09 PM
er whatever... (I see this comparison as totally irrelevant).
doesn't make it so. Unless you are going to argue the fact that AC3 trailers were basically redcoat slashing.

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 02:10 PM

I don't think any of us care if she does or doesn't, it's just that her reasoning is flawed and ridiculous.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:11 PM
doesn't make it so. Unless you are going to argue the fact that AC3 trailers were basically redcoat slashing.
It's irrelevant because redcoats are not adversely affected today by an assassin slashing them into little pieces.

I don't think any of us care if she does or doesn't, it's just that her reasoning is flawed and ridiculous.
That's what you think. I'm not supporting games with marketing campaigns that don't take into consideration the female audience.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:12 PM
It's irrelevant because redcoats are not adversely affected today by an assassin slashing them into little pieces.And girls wearing bikinis affect society today how?

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 02:12 PM
It's irrelevant because redcoats are not adversely affected today by an assassin slashing them into little pieces.
http://i.minus.com/i1FnK6OLKimWw.jpg

TheHumanTowel
08-28-2013, 02:13 PM
I'd somewhat agree but I think there's been enough of these type of situations to know you'll just be going in circles for pages and pages. Remember "OMG AC4 SEXIST BOYCOTT" anybody?

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:14 PM
And girls wearing bikinis affect society today how?
By promoting women as sex objects?? (this poster does).

ProletariatPleb
I'd somewhat agree but I think there's been enough of these type of situations to know you'll just be going in circles for pages and pages. Remember "OMG AC4 SEXIST BOYCOTT" anybody?
Yeah...

roostersrule2
That's what you think. I'm not supporting games with marketing campaigns that don't take into consideration the female audience.How would you even know? Maybe R* thought people would be mature enough to know that a game can be sold to both markets and they shouldn't have to make it so the fans can pick out what's for boys and what's for girls.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:15 PM
How would you even know? Maybe R* thought people would be mature enough to know that a game can be sold to both markets and they shouldn't have to make it so the fans can pick out what's for boys and what's for girls.
Whatt??

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:16 PM
By promoting women as sex objects??Have you been to a beach? You also have no problem with Connor shirtless.

For someone who is so outspoken about women's rights you are extremely sexist.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 02:17 PM
By promoting women as sex objects??
BS mountain.

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Well since they are now using the 3 characters thing maybe they will put a female lead character ni the next game or as a DLC for GTA V.As long as they don't decide to go with Catalina i m fine,hated that *****.

silvermercy
Have you been to a beach? You also have no problem with Connor shirtless.

For someone who is so outspoken about women's rights you are extremely sexist.

Yes. We're going in circles folks. It's official.

It's all about the CONTEXT. I can play a game full of naked women, I would go to a nudist beach. I don't mind. It's all about the context. And how it is marketed.

Circles... circles...

roostersrule2
Whatt??I'm saying R* aren't just selling this game to males, they are selling it to whoever. With a game this big it doesn't need to have selected marketing groups. So any piece of media shown off is aimed at everyone.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:19 PM

It's all about the CONTEXT. I can play a game full of naked women, I don't mind. It's all about the context. And how it is marketed.

Circles... circles...So people in Bikinis at a beach is out of context?

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:20 PM
So people in Bikinis at a beach is out of context?

*facepalm*

pirate1802
08-28-2013, 02:20 PM
BS mountain.

Post that pile of **** pic

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Context? Well let's see....bikini girl in a typical photograph pose

Prostitute between soldiers who are drunk...

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:21 PM
*facepalm*I fail to see why you're facepalming?

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Context? Well let's see....bikini girl in a typical photograph pose

Prostitute between soldiers who are drunk...

I'm even drawing circles with my mouse on the laptop screen now...

ACfan443

It's all about the CONTEXT. I can play a game full of naked women, I would go to a nudist beach. I don't mind. It's all about the context. And how it is marketed.

Circles... circles...

Then please refer to my example on *one of the previous pages about AC3, which you deemed as irrelevant even though it was totally capable of offending, just as much as this picture which you're so worked up about...

reddragonhrcro
Lets not forget there will be a cult of people in GTA V with their "wieners" visible.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm even drawing circles with my mouse on the laptop screen now...You'd stop going in circles if you realised that your logic was wrong.

silvermercy
Then please refer to my example on the previous page about AC3, which you deemed as irrelevant even though it was totally capable of offending just as much as this picture which you're so worked up about...
Circles... I explained it before.

You'd stop going in circles if you realised that your logic was wrong.
That's what you think.

ArabianFrost
There are no winners in this thread. Only screeching eagles.

ProletariatPleb
I'm even drawing circles with my mouse on the laptop screen now...
http://i.imgur.com/jBQsZsU.jpg

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:25 PM
That's what you think.No it's fact, you keep replying with circles because you have no other argument and you're to arrogant to admit your logic was flawed.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 02:26 PM
There are no winners in this thread. Only screeching eagles.
It's a thread about GTA vs AC, that's exactly what's happening.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:27 PM
No it's fact, you keep replying with circles because you have no other argument and you're to arrogant to admit your logic was flawed.
Oh? Just because I don't agree with this marketing campaign (and you refuse to see my explanations) I am arrogant?? I could say the same thing about you.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:29 PM
Oh? Just because I don't agree with this marketing campaign (and you refuse to see my explanations) I am arrogant?? I could say the same thing about you.You could but again you'd be wrong.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:30 PM
You could but again you'd be wrong.
*facepalm*

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:31 PM
*facepalm*I advise reading through your last 20 or so posts before you do another facepalm.

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Oh? Just because I don't agree with this marketing campaign (and you refuse to see my explanations)

No. We've seen your explanations, replied to them rationally, but you refuse to understand.

pirate1802
08-28-2013, 02:35 PM
I fail to see how women in bikini is projecting females as sex objets but AC4 marketing stuff isn't. So AC4 has a context for putting women that way: Pirate culture. But then Bikini-clad women have a context as well: our culture?

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:35 PM
I advise reading through your last 20 or so posts before you do another facepalm.
No, that means reading through some other posts, and I had enough facepalming for today.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:36 PM
I fail to see how women in bikini is projecting females as sex objets but AC4 marketing stuff isn't. So AC4 has a context for putting women that way: Pirate culture. But then Bikini-clad women have a context as well: our culture?
If they had a hunk taking a sexy pose with his phone NEXT to her I wouldn't say the same thing.

No. We've seen your explanations, replied to them rationally, but you refuse to understand.
How about the opposite: you refuse to see my rational explanations and understand.

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:37 PM
If they had a hunk taking a sexy pose with his phone NEXT to her I wouldn't say the same thing.Ohhhh I get it, because you get nothing out of the picture it's not good enough for you.

Again you're incredibly narcissistic.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 02:37 PM
If they had a hunk taking a sexy pose with his phone NEXT to her I wouldn't say the same thing.
and why is that?

pirate1802
08-28-2013, 02:38 PM

So showing females as sex object is okay as long as males are objectified too?

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:40 PM

None is good. But at least there would be fairness.

Ohhhh I get it, because you get nothing out of the picture it's not good enough for you. Again you're incredibly narcissistic.
Do you know what narcissistic is instead of throwing insults around just because I happen to have a different opinion??

ProletariatPleb

What's with the "objectified" thingy....are you suggesting we're over-sensitive children who cannot handle a few drawings?

silvermercy
What's with the "objectified" thingy....are you suggesting we're over-sensitive children who cannot handle a few drawings?
No, never said that.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 02:41 PM
No, never said that.
I quoted pirate, lol

pirate1802
08-28-2013, 02:42 PM

Just going by her logic brah, I don't see it as objectification as well.

adventurewomen
08-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Ohhhh I get it, because you get nothing out of the picture it's not good enough for you.

Again you're incredibly narcissistic.

That's incredibly rude of you to say! >_>

Wolfmeister1010
I just came into this thread and have no interest in reading through the last bunch of posts. But I still want to offer my opinion.

There are tons of sexual innuendos in GTA. Like sexuall slogans on buildings, all the "YouTube" videos being porn, stuff like that. Rockstar is famous for putting sexual stuff into their gta games.

While AC tries to be realistic about the time period, gta goes a little bit overboard.

roostersrule2
None is good. But at least there would fairness.

Do you know what narcissistic is instead of throwing insults around just because I happen to have a different opinion??Fairness? HAHAHA it's a picture of a young girl, wearing appropriate clothes to a beach.

Yes I do know what it means, because you don't get anything out of this picture, to you the whole GTA V campaign is tainted and so it GTA V. Not only that but you're being hypocritical and sexist as well so it's more then an opinion.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 02:45 PM
I just came into this thread and have no interest in reading through the last bunch of posts. But I still want to offer my opinion.

There are tons of sexual innuendos in GTA. Like sexuall slogans on buildings, all the "YouTube" videos being porn, stuff like that. Rockstar is famous for putting sexual stuff into their gta games.

While AC tries to be realistic about the time period, gta goes a little bit overboard.
That's because GTA is just a massive parody of american culture.

Aphex_Tim
08-28-2013, 02:46 PM
So this thread is now 13 pages of the same discussion with the same arguments over and over again with no progression at all...
How long is this gonna go on?

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:47 PM
That's incredibly rude of you to say! >_>Not really.

While AC tries to be realistic about the time period, gta goes a little bit overboard.Oh of course, GTA is a sexual game, it's just the logic behind her not buying which raised some questions then the way she conducted herself afterwards.

silvermercy
Fairness? HAHAHA it's a picture of a young girl, wearing appropriate clothes to a beach.

Yes I do know what it means, because you don't get anything out of this picture, to you the whole GTA V campaign is tainted and so it GTA V. Not only that but you're being hypocritical and sexist as well so it's more then an opinion.

This time I have facepalmed about 10 times. I can not take more facepalms in such a short space of time. Show some mercy on me... eh??

Wolfmeister1010

Oh

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Not really.

Oh of course, GTA is a sexual game, it's just the logic behind her not buying which raised some questions then the way she conducted herself afterwards.

Lets all stop attacking slivermercy

roostersrule2
This time I have facepalmed about 10 times. I can not take more facepalms in such a short space of time. Show some mercy on me... eh??The funny thing is you think we're the ones with the stupid logic.

reddragonhrcro
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/gta-v-features-exposed-*****es-marijuana-use-and-a-brief-instance-of-necrophilia
Dudes with their junk exposed,drugs and necrophilia.

ArabianFrost
08-28-2013, 02:49 PM
So this thread is now 13 pages of the same discussion with the same arguments over and over again with no progression at all...

Until a mod locks it.

roostersrule2
Lets all stop attacking slivermercyI was merely arguing and justifying my point.

ProletariatPleb
Oh
Yeah, that's why they also say that GTA won't ever move out of America, because every GTA game is a parody of american culture.

I-Like-Pie45
Everything happens for a reason

adventurewomen
08-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Agreed!

Not really.

Oh of course, GTA is a sexual game, it's just the logic behind her not buying which raised some questions then the way she conducted herself afterwards.
Yes it was!

AC 2 was a fairly sexual game and so was Brotherhood well the first Cinematic.

This is why I like GTA.

Wolfmeister1010
I was merely arguing and justifying my point.

I know I know I know!!!

But....I just don't like where this has gone.

And it is like 4 of you against her...which is a little traumatizing

silvermercy
The funny thing is you think we're the ones with the stupid logic.
Yes, you are with the stupid logic. See what I'm doing!? I'm talking in absolutes now as you do! Because YOUR opinion is the only right opinion... right???
(You weren't only arguing. You were throwing insults, right left and center!)

Lets all stop attacking slivermercy
Thanks for coming to my rescue Wolfie! :)

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Yes it was!

AC 2 was a fairly sexual game and so was Brotherhood well the first Cinematic.
Not really it was just a judge of character.

Indeed they were.

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Yeah, that's why they also say that GTA won't ever move out of America, because every GTA game is a parody of american culture.

Ohh

ArabianFrost
08-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Let's all stop, have a big awkward group hug and abandon this thread? Ok? Awesome.

ACfan443
Let's all stop, have a big awkward group hug and abandon this thread? Ok? Awesome.

Scrap the hug, we'll just abandon the thread

reddragonhrcro

Except for GTA London

ProletariatPleb
Ohh
Ohhhhhh yeah

Except for GTA London
Yeah, except that. They won't move away from America in the future is what they mean....they're brits makes sense they had london atleast.

roostersrule2
I know I know I know!!!

But....I just don't like where this has gone.Oh ok, I agree it has gone rather off course hehe.

Yes, you are with the stupid logic. See what I'm doing!? I'm talking in absolutes now as you do! And this gives you power over me?

Aphex_Tim
I think this picture is in order:

http://markleeis.me/images/posts/boy-that-escalated-quickly-1.png

Now, can we all just end this nonsense?

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 02:53 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/gta-v-features-exposed-*****es-marijuana-use-and-a-brief-instance-of-necrophilia
Dudes with their junk exposed,drugs and necrophilia.

Except for GTA London

*cough*

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Oh ok, I agree it has gone rather off course hehe.

And this gives you power over me?

It gives me a facepalm to the power of 58562938856008890 million.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 02:56 PM
We need this now...

http://i.minus.com/ib0svXIoFrJESd.jpg

roostersrule2
08-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Facepalm to the power of 58562938856008890 million.Someone didn't get my reference.

Farlander1991
08-28-2013, 03:02 PM

Only in GTAIV they decided to infuse it with some character-driven dramatic story which basically conflicts with the whole satire going on in the same game :-/

ArabianFrost
08-28-2013, 03:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8xz1VMW.gif

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Only in GTAIV they decided to infuse it with some character-driven dramatic story which basically conflicts with the whole satire going on in the same game :-/
Among other things...

I'm GTA3 Era guy.

I-Like-Pie45
08-28-2013, 03:05 PM
I like Vice City

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 03:06 PM
http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/10/9727/GTA-london-psx.jpg

salman147
08-28-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't think anyone will ignore assassins creed iv black flag for gta v or the other way around.Both games have different settings,different mechanics etc.

ze_topazio
08-28-2013, 05:54 PM
17 pages of people discussing a promotional picture of a average looking girl in bikini taking a photo with her smart phone something you can casually see in the likes of Facebook, random websites and tv without even trying, a promotional picture of GTA5, a series that have always parodied modern pop and street culture, makes sense.

anyway.

AC IV or GTA V?

Metal Gear Solid V

itsamea-mario
08-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Well, i'll probably play GTAV more.
GTA has always had more replayability.

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Funny how people say they're incomparable when they're both games, both open world, both parts of successful franchises and both star more than one protagonist.

Hans684
08-28-2013, 06:06 PM
ACIVBF & Watch_Dogs. Never been a fan of GTA, played and owned but never a fan.

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 06:44 PM
All that GTA talk reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYy69qOJWoM

GTA1, ah memories...

itsamea-mario
08-28-2013, 06:47 PM
All that GTA talk reminded me of this:
snip

GTA1, ah memories...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaS_pCjHTgY

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaS_pCjHTgY

*nostalgia trip*

TheHumanTowel
08-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Funny how people say they're incomparable when they're both games, both open world, both parts of successful franchises and both star more than one protagonist.
Well it's just that the gameplay and setting are completely different.

Also

they're both games
lol

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Well it's just that the gameplay and setting are completely different.

Also

lol
Well then I can't say I like mangos, but dislike cantaloupe, because one is green and the other is yellow..... Different colors so you can't compare

TheHumanTowel
08-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Well then I can't say I like mangos, but dislike cantaloupe, because one is green and the other is yellow..... Different colors so you can't compare
Food=Video games

Perfect metaphor with no flaws.

Angry Birds and Assassin's Creed are both games. But I'm not going to make a thread Angry Birds vs Assassin's Creed. Because that would be dumb.

Locopells
08-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Well, i'll probably play GTAV more.
GTA has always had more replayability.

I dunno. Until The Ballard of Gay Tony, mission reply wasn't possible without savegame manipulation, so I only tend to go back in, outside of a full playthrough (which I don't do that often), when I'm, in a **** mood and need to kill something...

However I often reply random AC missions when the mood takes.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Apples and oranges!

Shahkulu101
08-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Food=Video games

Angry Birds and Assassin's Creed are both games. But I'm not going to make a thread Angry Birds vs Assassin's Creed. Because that would be dumb.

Not dumb...but creative. We are the masters of our own devices and there is no limitation.

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS6Ff8rlI7E

So apperently this is the official theme.

Sounds boss.

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Food=Video games

Oh look it went over his head

TheHumanTowel
08-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Oh look it went over his head
Why so asspained?

ACfan443
08-28-2013, 07:11 PM
[video=youtube;tS6Ff8rlI7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS6Ff8rlI7E

So apperently this is the official theme.

Sounds boss.

Sounds like a stretched rap song intro, mediocre and repetitive in my opinion. GTA 4 theme song >>>>

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Why so asspained?
I'm sorry

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm sorry
Apology accepted.

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Apology accepted.
Bugger off

Farlander1991
08-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Wait, did M just say that he's sorry? ... WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE REAL M?!

D.I.D.
08-28-2013, 07:19 PM
OH GOD THE TEDIUM

Hi Silvermercy. Got to page 14 and had to cut in.

On the marketing - sure, people are kind of right that the bikini babe is wearing everyday attire for the shores of LA, but you're also right that Rockstar wouldn't feature her in the publicity if not to draw eyes. Plus she's almost certainly not even in the game. However, at least the really major ads don't feature her and do actually focus on the game's playable characters. Who are all men! Just like in major AC games. Oh, it's swings and roundabouts everywhere, it really is.

As for what IS in the game: strip clubs are in the game and, just like GTA IV, GTA V will almost certainly make you go to a strip club for at least one mission. It will definitely cause offence to you, because GTA's idea of sophistication is to take the piss out of everyone and everything. And to be honest, that can be pretty wearing, even for a fan. I love the games, but I often feel like they're not aimed at me either. I cringe quite a bit. They're aimed at the kind of person who puts into action the opinions of the makers of South Park as their world view. They're aimed at the kind of person who says, "DOESN'T MATTER WHO YOU VOTE FOR, THE GOVERNMENT ALWAYS GETS IN, LOLOLOLOL" rather than have the guts to admit they couldn't be bothered to understand what was going on or to get off their lazy arse and vote.

The depiction of homosexuality was pretty awful in GTA IV, but they did improve that to a certain extent in The Ballad Of Gay Tony (not great, but better). Plus, in their favour, they stuck to their guns with that title despite so many bro customers refusing to buy a game with "Gay" in the title. GTA IV's EFLC edition is the only game I can think of that has full-frontal male nudity, so... I don't know... yay?

BOTTOM LINE: YOU'D HATE IT. YOUR INSTINCTS ARE CORRECT. LET'S NOT, ANYMORE. :P

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 07:23 PM
BOTTOM LINE: YOU'D HATE IT. YOUR INSTINCTS ARE CORRECT. LET'S NOT, ANYMORE. :P
Thanks so much for your post! Appreciate it. Don't worry I'm not buying it now. :D

edit: But good on them for sticking to the "gay" title! xD

Bastiaen
08-28-2013, 07:31 PM
AC4. AC has way more replay for me.

projectpat06
08-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Apples to Oranges.

For me, despite both being open world games, the fun of the games come from different mechanics.

I will say I hope GTA V has more mechanics from Red Dead Redemption than GTA 4. 4's driving mechanics were subpar and there wasn't much to do outside. I mostly excited to see how alive they make the GTA V world with the random events mechanic. The driving, shooting, flying thing, We've already experienced in several games.

As for AC4, like AC3, I'm mostly excited for this game because of the setting and all the added mechanics. If it was just another assassin game with nothing new, I'd probably grab it when it dropped price. The fact that it's an open world pirate game with all the skills and freedom of an assassin makes me more excited for this game than anything this fall.

Now does that mean AC4 will be better than GTA V in terms of quality, that's doubtful given Rockstar's previous masterpieces, but I hope it finally reaches close to that same quality.

Shahkulu101
08-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Uhm... Gta portays things stupidly to mock americas own skewed view on subjects such as sexism, homosexuality etc.

adventurewomen
08-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Lola Del Rio, the mad frenzy from GTA fans trying to find her LOL!

Shahkulu101
08-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Lola Del Rio, the mad frenzy from GTA fans trying to find her LOL!

Who's that?

pirate1802
08-28-2013, 07:57 PM
They both can be compared in terms of how much entertainment they provide you.

Megas_Doux
08-28-2013, 08:06 PM
I like GTA franchise, but AC is one of my very favorites! The only GTA that I have enyojed that much has been Vice city.

AnthonyA85
08-28-2013, 08:13 PM
I haven't played GTA since San Andreas for the PS2, or was it Vice CIty, I dunno, it was one of the spin-offs of GTA 3, now, primarily, i focus on AC, but I am willing to give GTA another try.

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 08:30 PM
I haven't played GTA since San Andreas for the PS2, or was it Vice CIty, I dunno, it was one of the spin-offs of GTA 3, now, primarily, i focus on AC, but I am willing to give GTA another try.

Liberty City Stories?
Its a prequel game same as Vice City Stories is to VC.

itsamea-mario
08-28-2013, 08:31 PM
What's better than shooting a guy in the face?
Nothing, that's what.

Sigv4rd
08-28-2013, 08:41 PM
What was the idea of asking such a question on a forum about AC...

Witcher 3 vs Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag :rolleyes:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Also I can't help but prefer AC4 to GTA... I really have never been a fan of GTA gameplay and story only goes so far...

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Nothing, that's what.

You can do that in ac4

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 08:53 PM
You can do that in ac4
But AC4 doesn't have Euphoria physics and locational damage

pirate1802
08-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Nothing, that's what.

http://i.imgur.com/fSNXmfG.jpg

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 08:56 PM
But AC4 doesn't have Euphoria physics and locational damage
Didn't they say it does have locational damage? Though not as sophisticated as GTA due to the euphoria physics

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Didn't they say it does have locational damage? Though not as sophisticated as GTA due to the euphoria physics
Not sure, but you said it yourself not like euphoria magic.

GunnarGunderson
08-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Did I miss the argument about the bikini girl and marketing?

The bikini girl seems more like she's representing the setting (Los Santos, the land of beaches and vanity) than pointless sexual advertising

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Not sure, but you said it yourself not like euphoria magic.
Well it's a step at least, but you're right....ramming people on the sidewalk has never been so satisfying.

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 09:06 PM

The bikini girl seems more like she's representing the setting (Los Santos, the land of beaches and vanity) than pointless sexual advertising

Just stop. Just...stop. We worked hard to get rid of that argument. Don't come in and try to rejuvenate it. Yes, you missed the argument. Don't bring it up again.

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 09:06 PM
http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/139275.jpg

ze_topazio
08-28-2013, 09:21 PM

Some people see bad intentions everywhere.

Locopells
08-28-2013, 09:24 PM
http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/139275.jpg

Sounds kinda like the Hitman:Absolution tag...

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Some people see bad intentions everywhere.
Yeah like crazy conspiracy nuts who thought the nice government was spying on people...

ze_topazio
08-28-2013, 09:28 PM
^That's a different thing.

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 09:29 PM
^That's a different thing.
It's the same thing...how is it different?

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah like crazy conspiracy nuts who thought the nice government was spying on people...
Apples and Oranges.

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Apples and Oranges.
Not really

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 09:30 PM
What the HELL are you guys talking about

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 09:31 PM
What the HELL are you guys talking about
Lemons

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Lemons

Oh don't YOU start

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Oh don't YOU start
Melons.

silvermercy
08-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Oh don't YOU start
Nah don't worry. :) If I started we'd have 200 pages now.

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Not really
How the hell is govt spying comparable to political correctness?

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 09:37 PM
How the hell is govt spying comparable to political correctness?
What does political correctness have to do with this? I'm talking about people "only seeing bad intentions"

GunnarGunderson
08-28-2013, 09:40 PM
So how 'bout that GTA V trailer coming tomorrow

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 09:42 PM
So how 'bout that GTA V trailer coming tomorrow

Yeah,also wounder what it will be about this time.

Wolfmeister1010
08-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Nah don't worry. :) If I started we'd have 200 pages now.

I bet :p

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Also apperently in GTA Online you will have only one safehouse at the time and the game will have lipsync

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2013, 09:49 PM
What does political correctness have to do with this? I'm talking about people "only seeing bad intentions"
Well he's talking about the V argument.

Assassin_M
08-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Well he's talking about the V argument.
I don't think I care....I had a problem with the phrase and I pointed it out.

GunnarGunderson
08-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Also apperently in GTA Online you will have only one safehouse at the time and the game will have lipsync You also create your character by picking out their two parents and using a slider to pick out the child they get

reddragonhrcro
08-28-2013, 10:05 PM
You also create your character by picking out their two parents and using a slider to pick out the child they get

Yeah and with the Collectors edition you get previous GTA characters as parent options from which Niko,Claude and Misty are confrimed.

Jexx21
08-28-2013, 10:25 PM
they should do that with Assassin's Creed and we'll be able to pick out Altair and Ezio's kids.

adventurewomen
08-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Who's that?
This is Lola Del RIo - GTA IV Most guys GTA fans on GTAForums were trying to find her because she was a prostitute.

http://i.imgur.com/qz4Lill.jpg

Shahkulu101
08-28-2013, 10:51 PM
This is Lola Del RIo - GTA IV Most guys GTA fans on GTAForums were trying to find her because she was a prostitute.

http://i.imgur.com/qz4Lill.jpg

That's a little sad.

adventurewomen
08-28-2013, 10:53 PM
That's a little sad.
Yeah, well she was nicknamed "The Lollipop Girl" for obvious reasons.

http://gta.wikia.com/Lola_Del_Rio

Locopells
08-29-2013, 12:11 AM

More like the crazy conspiracy nuts who thought the nice government wasn't spying on people. We can just prove it now...

reddragonhrcro
08-29-2013, 12:33 AM
So apperently Johnny Klebitz from GTA IV The Lost And Damned is in GTA V aswell.

adventurewomen
08-29-2013, 12:43 AM
So apperently Johnny Klebitz from GTA IV The Lost And Damned is in GTA V aswell.
Seriously? Well then that Niko Plane ticket Easter egg might as well be true then! xD

Niko Bellic Going to San Andreas? - Kotaku (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fkotaku.com%2F388835%2Fniko-bellic-going-to-san-andreas&ei=OYseUuXbKMGm0AWzh4GwBA&usg=AFQjCNH6mkEL9XTOEko22COwVKiU6NRT6g&sig2=QvfXFbjNx7566Mi3Urc-IQ&bvm=bv.51495398,d.d2k)

Assassin_M
08-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Seriously? Well then that Niko Plane ticket Easter egg might as well be true then! xD
I don`t think Niko`s coming back....Michael Hollick, his VA, has heat with R* :/

Assassin_M
08-29-2013, 12:44 AM
More like the crazy conspiracy nuts who thought the nice government wasn't spying on people. We can just prove it now...
I just feel like saying to those people "Looks like the shoe is on the other foot" :|

reddragonhrcro
08-29-2013, 12:45 AM

Actualy this may be a prequel.

In files it says Johnny was in LS in 2004 prior to The Lost and Damned so GTA V may take before GTA IV in the timeline.

Well lets say he is not getting along with Trevor.
If you rewatch the second GTA V trailer closely you will see what i mean.

Assassin_M
08-29-2013, 12:46 AM

In files it says Johnny was in LS in 2004 prior to The Lost and Damned so GTA V may take before GTA IV in the timeline.

But GTA V is set in 2013

adventurewomen
08-29-2013, 12:48 AM

Okay I'll check, thanks for the info. :)

reddragonhrcro
08-29-2013, 12:49 AM
But GTA V is set in 2013

Is it?Well if its true than the ticket rumour may be true aswell.

shobhit7777777
08-29-2013, 06:41 AM

IMO...GTA is a satirical reflection of the current society. A blonde in a bikini taking a selfie....I'd say its spot on. Sex, drugs, violence, satire, fast money, fast cars, outrageous freedom....thats pretty much GTA....and lets take a look at the cover:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2409485/gta-5-cover-full_900.jpg

The cover art is a collage of all that

While the bikini girl might come off as a blatant ploy to target team testosterone.....I'd say that its a slice of what GTA is about.

I can certainly see WHY you may not like it, fair enough IMO....but don't you think you're being too dismissive of the game and its "marketing" without analysing the context and history of the franchise?

Either way...I'm playing GTAV...tits and all

D.I.D.
08-29-2013, 11:28 AM

I think the soundtrack rather scotches that rumour. Not only is it up to date with new material by many artists, they've done deals with some hiphop MCs to get tracks which will be heard first in the game (well... maybe on the hiphop blogs first, but no earlier than this month, anyway). I think some of the Flying Lotus tracks are brand new for the game too.

roostersrule2
08-29-2013, 11:31 AM

If you rewatch the second GTA V trailer closely you will see what i mean.I can confirm it's not a prequel.

I can give you a source but you don't want to hear it.

reddragonhrcro
08-29-2013, 03:51 PM
I can confirm it's not a prequel.

I can give you a source but you don't want to hear it.

Already checked an yeah it takes in 2013,somehow missed that detail.

roostersrule2
08-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Already checked an yeah it takes in 2013,somehow missed that detail.Well there's that and something else that I got spoiled, I don't really care but others might. I just know who or one of the recurring characters from GTA 4 is.

reddragonhrcro
08-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Well there's that and something else that I got spoiled, I don't really care but others might. I just know who or one of the recurring characters from GTA 4 is.

Well there are always recurring characters in GTA just look at the 3D series(from GTA3 to GTA VCS).From protagonists you have Claude and Toni in LC,Victor Vance and Tommy in VC and CJ and Claude in SA.Not to forget other characters like Phil Cassidy who was in 4 GTA games(GTA3,GTA VC,GTA LCS and GTA VCS)