PDA

View Full Version : My idea for Assassin's Creed V

masterk369
08-27-2013, 04:26 PM
I realize that at this time AC IV isn't even out yet, however, I up this idea up on a video on Youtube and I got great feed back from it so I desided to put it up here to see the feed back I might get, plus I have been thinking about this since AC III. I was thinking that since prequels are the latest rage, that a game in the time frame before Altair would be a logical step but using a Viking as the main character. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a story revolving around the birth of the Templars and the Brotherhood of Assassins. The story could revolve around this Viking learning to use stealth rather then just brute force as a fighting style, seeing the source of the ORIGINAL hidden blade (the earliest one where the user's finger has to be partially removed in order to use it), the separating of the pieces of Eden and the main character helping to unite assassins from around the world for the first time to become the Brotherhood would be awesome to see. Ubisoft already has a great sailing mechanic already (that might need some rearranging for a Viking game), plus the variety of places that could be used; Europe, Asia, North Atlantic Islands and even North America. Vikings has some of the finest weaponry of the time, so good that blades like their's wouldn't be seen for hundreds of years later. Plus with Ubisoft's capability of mixing real history with fiction I think that they could pull off a great game.

Wolfmeister1010
08-27-2013, 04:39 PM
I realize that at this time AC IV isn't even out yet, however, I up this idea up on a video on Youtube and I got great feed back from it so I desided to put it up here to see the feed back I might get, plus I have been thinking about this since AC III. I was thinking that since prequels are the latest rage, that a game in the time frame before Altair would be a logical step but using a Viking as the main character. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a story revolving around the birth of the Templars and the Brotherhood of Assassins. The story could revolve around this Viking learning to use stealth rather then just brute force as a fighting style, seeing the source of the ORIGINAL hidden blade (the earliest one where the user's finger has to be partially removed in order to use it), the separating of the pieces of Eden and the main character helping to unite assassins from around the world for the first time to become the Brotherhood would be awesome to see. Ubisoft already has a great sailing mechanic already (that might need some rearranging for a Viking game), plus the variety of places that could be used; Europe, Asia, North Atlantic Islands and even North America. Vikings has some of the finest weaponry of the time, so good that blades like their's wouldn't be seen for hundreds of years later. Plus with Ubisoft's capability of mixing real history with fiction I think that they could pull off a great game.

Well, Vikings DIDNT use stealth, they are famous for using brute force, and that is too big of a historical fact to change or alter. Also, a big fault I find with Viking assassins is the lack of good cities.

I could see an ancient roman AC, or a first civ AC, but not a Viking AC

ze_topazio
08-27-2013, 04:42 PM
According to what we know the Assassin and Templar orders were founded sometime after the fall of the first civilization, AKA the stone age, which means that by the time the first Viking was born the Assassins and Templars had already been killing each other for a few millenniums.

LoyalACFan
08-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Well, Vikings DIDNT use stealth, they are famous for using brute force, and that is too big of a historical fact to change or alter. Also, a big fault I find with Viking assassins is the lack of good cities.

Well, pirates weren't exactly big on stealth either, but they've already gone that route. I'd be cool with a Viking Assassin, but as ze_topazio pointed out, both the Assassins and Templars would have already been fighting for thousands of years.

Wolfmeister1010
08-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Well, pirates weren't exactly big on stealth either, but they've already gone that route. I'd be cool with a Viking Assassin, but as ze_topazio pointed out, both the Assassins and Templars would have already been fighting for thousands of years.

Someone pirates did use stealth. Not "silent stealth" but like using a small boat to row to the other side of the enemy ship, climb up the hull, and take out the crew while they were focusing on the main ship.

RockTrim12
08-27-2013, 05:26 PM
I want assassins creed 5 to be in japan.
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/259/3/4/assassin__s_creed___japanese_by_tiggstar-d2yuuh1.jpg

Sigv4rd
08-27-2013, 08:29 PM

A viking isn't limited to a Scandinavian village, they could easily do a game set in England with Vikings pillaging... It could actually be great to play as a viking shield maiden who becomes an Assassin trying to stop the conflicts between her people and the English... I'd love to free run around a city during siege trying to eliminate a Templar while he attempts to escape the chaos... I could see something like this but with a hood:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/67520ac45b889c5c31c18c4269fcfc4f/tumblr_mj3x44rJ4X1s6bxzqo1_500.jpg

shobhit7777777
08-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi

Using Youtube comments as ANY sort of a gauge is not recommended.

Cheers

LoyalACFan
08-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Someone pirates did use stealth. Not "silent stealth" but like using a small boat to row to the other side of the enemy ship, climb up the hull, and take out the crew while they were focusing on the main ship.

I'm just saying, both pirates and vikings were notoriously brutal, and they've already gone and made a pirate AC and added elements of the series into the pirate setting. I don't think any real pirates climbed up into a ship's masts and air-assassinated a captain, but it's in the game. They could easily give vikings the same treatment and add AC elements that would otherwise be anachronistic in that setting.

Still, can't say vikings are high on my wishlist... Tudor England, Imperial China, and Connor Sequel are still the top contenders.

masterk369
08-27-2013, 10:21 PM

I respectfully disagree with you here. In the 25 years or so of doing serious research on Vikings here and there (having Norseman blood myself it's always been an interest of mine) I have found that Vikings started many things; sailing onto the open ocean, tactical/strategic warfare, ambushing and up to and including stealth, in fact just about the same if not more then any Italian did and we got three AC games with an Italian do it. I realize that to the majority of people who don't actually do historical research they are known for being 7 foot tall barbarians. But with just a little research you'll find that they did almost anything and were innovators when it came down to warfare. Besides where in the rules does it say that assassin's has to be lean 150 lb feather weights? As for no good cities. If you read my whole statement I mentioned places like Asia, Europe, North Atlantic Islands..............all places that had huge cities in that time period and all places where Vikings visited.

LoyalACFan
08-27-2013, 10:38 PM
A user on this site called Jexx had a theory that perhaps Connor could sail to the north Atlantic and find viking artifacts (much like Captain Kidd's artifacts) in his sequel.