PDA

View Full Version : Car damage

kradecytnadushi
08-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Is there going to be some serious damage to the cars rather than only scratches and different brake sounds?
And is it going to be more like arcade instead of simulator? Because from the videos I have watched it seems more likely as an arcade game...which is good, I think. :)
I can say that I like to see detailed games such as the crew but something grabbed my attention, while you go trough bushes and trees, nothing happens, I mean at least make them move a bit. :) And why you can drive thru normal traffic cars, in the vids you just smash them, crash them, destroy them as well and nothing happens to your vehicle, you might make it a little bit more realistic by making the damage easier to take.

But despite all this I can admit that this will be one of the best MMOCARPG that will rule the bazaar, it will be awesome with all that customization and car variety, vast environment etc... Keep up the good work guys, you are doing great!!!

P.S. Sorry for my state of english, it is not my tongue language..:)

PetrolJunkie
08-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Hi and welcome to the Crew!

About the damage and driving modell, you can all find this in these forums. Just take a look at the official Q&A Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/782681-The-Crew-Q-amp-A):

• Is THE CREW also going to make use of a damage model?

The Crew will include a full damage system via a life gauge. It will diminish each time the player hits something, the amount of life lost depending on how big the crash is. The bar will then replenish by itself until a certain point, that point being reached faster and faster as time goes by. After some time, the car will have to be repaired. Handling will be affected by the damages but only when they become pretty significant. The cars will get scratched or dented, the bumpers can fall down or hang off and if your vehicle is in bad shape, some scraping sounds or squeaky noises will be heard as you drive around or brake.
• How important is driving physics going to be? Are you going to focus more on simulation or arcade style games in terms of physics?

In terms of handling, THE CREW offers an action-driving type of gameplay, and we’re focusing our efforts to recreate believable driving sensations no matter the terrain.
Note that each car will have a unique feeling giving the players a wide range of driving sensations.

Memory_Kill
09-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Sounds good to me, hell, if it's ANYTHING like driver san francisco i'm perfectly happy with that!

tduckadmin
09-03-2013, 11:07 PM
In certain videos you can see players 'Damage Out', where they are then reset and sent on their way again. Maybe they will play with this or allow you to get more bonus if certain restrictions are not active. I want that headbanging Midnight Club Los Angeles feeling back, where you were near the end of the race and cut a corner, only to crash into an AI civi and crash out hard. Resulting in you sobbing uncontrollably and getting on your knees 'Platoon' style and cursing the world for being unfair. :)