PDA

View Full Version : Ignatius - Inferno Hero

WCB.Kimundi
08-26-2013, 01:56 PM
This guy means business. Hes been around the M&M universe for a while and it was about time he came to DoC!

He uses Fire and Dark spells to rain doom on everything on his path. Hes also especially good with discard strategies. One of the new aspect of the Heroes in this expansion, is how their abilities are treated. Instead of being cost activated of purely passive, theyre passive abilities that kicks in when you reach a certain level. Once you get high enough in Destiny, every time your opponent discards a card, hell lose some life.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/Academy/ignatius_resized.jpg
I do not fear death. I fear rebirth, for every single time I come back as a Demon.

Ignatius is an Incubus born in Sheogh as the result of a pact his mother made with Phrias, the Demon Prince of Destruction. After the debacle of the 2nd Eclipse, he and his Demon troops survived by scavenging Magic energy from the Dragon Veins. He enjoys a limited amount of freedom from Phrias after the Demon is corrupted by the Throne of Renewal. He offers to join forces with Ammar and Hakeem who decide to trust him for the duration of the battle.

Ignatius senses the tremendous Magic power dormant in the Throne of Renewal and believes he could use it to erase the curse that binds him to the Lords of Chaos, never having to return to Sheogh again. He will get his wish in another way, as after the battle a Rift opens up erasing Phrias, and therefore relieving him of his bonds to Sheogh. He is told by a Blind Brother that when he dies the next time, he will be reincarnated by Asha and not Urgash, to become once again a Man, a Dwarf or perhaps an Elf. It is of little importance because he wont have any memories of his precedent life.

Ignatius is given an opportunity after the battle to occupy the ruins of the Five Towers with his small army of survivors, provided he does not leave the desert. He decides to remain, though it is tempting to commit suicide to be born once again a creature of Asha and not a Demon. He decides that the Dragons still have a purpose for him as an Incubus, so he remains in that form until fate or age decide to kill him. His curse is gone with the disappearance of Phrias. He becomes a rare Demon hero who lives on the surface of Ashan.

I like the smell of Ashan. Its surface is where I belong.

Wikist
08-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Very nice art!! But now Kal-Azaar don't have anything special and noone will play him instead of this hero. (I like Kal but if now noone plays him so what about later?).

And now Choas Seer will be a must have card for this hero. :D (or at least would)
You should tell us when you give us card that will be used in next expansion. ;p

Milky97
08-26-2013, 02:00 PM
I like !

TheShoeSalesman
08-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Slowpoke gets a new master ...

Otherwise, the idea is interesting, but now Kal-Azaar will be obsolete, like Mother Namtaru...

Hantziie
08-26-2013, 02:17 PM
I hope you make a good sanctuary hero this time <_< not like useless Noboru.

About this one, i can't say anything until i see the stats and effect. But looks powerfull.

z3r0_clay
08-26-2013, 02:19 PM
i like how they are looking at stall decks type and using those ideas yeah slowpoke type tower of oblivion works very well

Alir95
08-26-2013, 02:22 PM
OMG I used to live in Saint Ignatius, MT :D
I bet no one can pronounce ignatius right here :D

Hantziie
08-26-2013, 02:25 PM

Latin countries does. :)

M0rw47h
08-26-2013, 02:44 PM
As long as we don't know how his ability may be useful I can say Garant/Phrias > Ignatius.

Very nice art!! But now Kal-Azaar don't have anything special and noone will play him instead of this hero. (I like Kal but if now noone plays him so what about later?).

And now Choas Seer will be a must have card for this hero. :D (or at least would)
You should tell us when you give us card that will be used in next expansion. ;p

Kal-Azaar has ekhm... Primal.

DarkProject00
08-26-2013, 02:50 PM

It might not be as bad as you think. sure he has fire and dark. but his ability is for discarding. im sure hes gonna have more fortune over spells.

epicafricantoad
08-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Cosmic realignment - dmg
Tower of Oblivion - double dmg (10 cards in hand - 8dmg)
Under desired destiny lvl I guess, but still damaging later:
Twist of fate - dmg
Halls of amnesia - dmg
Maws of Chaos - dmg

not to mention all inferno damaging fortunes. Lol. Imagine fortune locks/stall decks on that guy

cheers
Toad

Durajczyk
08-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Yeah probably this will be my main enemy after new expansion.
Die OTK abusers! :P

z3r0_clay
08-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Cosmic realignment - dmg
Tower of Oblivion - double dmg (10 cards in hand - 8dmg)
Under desired destiny lvl I guess, but still damaging later:
Twist of fate - dmg
Halls of amnesia - dmg
Maws of Chaos - dmg

not to mention all inferno damaging fortunes. Lol. Imagine fortune locks/stall decks on that guy

cheers
Toad

i cant wait to play him :D

J4mesR4ge
08-26-2013, 03:48 PM

I can xD

Hantziie
08-26-2013, 04:31 PM
I hope they make a card that prevents hero damage from effects or this will be a OP hero.

HiddenGrounds
08-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Nice artwork and I'm interested in these new hero abilities! :)

hydramarine
08-26-2013, 05:00 PM
Finally something to do on your opponent's turn :)

Banehollow89
08-26-2013, 05:19 PM
People are saying that this guy will make Kal-Azaar obsolete, but if anything, he will be the new and a lot stronger Belias in my eyes. Going 3-1(0)-4 with him will be deadly rush, and he really can do some idiotic mill decks, we still have to see exactly how his ability works and what are his starting stats. I love the art, but if he is going to be new best hero for Mill/Stall Decks/Slowpokes, I am going to be #1 hater. :D

ManlyMantonio
08-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Still too early to comment, but this sounds like a new stall deck nuisance. :(

Yazmiel
08-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Not too fond of adding new heroes so fast. I think the focus should be on improving the ones that are rarely played.
Awaiting more academy cards revealed instead :)

AbisalAeneas
08-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Very nice hero! Its going to make a chaos imp as badass as a DA. I only expect that the hability is triggered with a fixed amount of the sum of Might, Magic and Destiny and not with onlya fixed amount of Destiny. If not, is going to really limit how you play the hero.
A question about the history, where we can found the official history and the time line? I love when the gane has a solid history ;)

holynecro
08-26-2013, 09:04 PM
looks like a dangerous hero, its hard to say anything before full reveal but got great potential.

ulpsz
08-26-2013, 09:48 PM
don't the devs ever learn...

instead of comming up with a solutin do make stall decks dissapear, they create an even more approprate hero for/otk/stall/mill etc...

like dhamiria slow wasn't enough....

i like the idea about the new passives ..can't wait to see it on the other heroes...especially sanctuary

pod11
08-26-2013, 11:05 PM
there is more than one approach to balancing things in games.

One is fine tuning already existing options, but matches are very unique, and its practically impossible to find right balance.

Another way is to add MANy new options that are efficient and Op in its own way.Despite some tactics being much stronger than others, its ok in this case, becouse with large enough variety of those strong tactics there is always "the other one " that totaly ****s up whatever someoen would choose to do.

Control decks wouldnt be such harmfull if there are many varied options in this "genre", where one would be better against something and the other against something else.
Making discard decks valid is adding new type of strategy, that would actioly screw up other control decks.
However at current moment i dont see how to fight back against deck that forces me to discard, removing my options and also does damage with it.
perhaps some new event cards would make sense?

Ciolkmen
08-26-2013, 11:37 PM
I think his ability will be more like:
"whenever opponent discards a least 1 card deal x dmg."
It would more synergize with inferno fortunes, which discards one card many times (like chaos imp etc.) much more than with neutral cosmic realigment/tower of oblivion (which would be OP with ability that deal dmg for each card discarded).

ManlyMantonio
08-27-2013, 01:19 AM
I think his ability will be more like:
"whenever opponent discards a least 1 card deal x dmg."
It would more synergize with inferno fortunes, which discards one card many times (like chaos imp etc.) much more than with neutral cosmic realigment/tower of oblivion (which would be OP with ability that deal dmg for each card discarded).

I think you are right. If it were 1 damage for each card discarded, Cosmic Realignment would be a game-breaker.

David.ss
08-27-2013, 05:16 AM
Hmmm... another stall deck build? This hero skill will be too good if combine with cosmic realignment / tower of oblivion & other inferno fortune / creature that makes enemy discard card.
Not gonna judge the hero before the stats out.

nutlamb
08-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Want the history?
http://thumbsnap.com/i/DrJZwGaN.jpg?0827
Ignatius is just the one with the specialty of imps in HOMM III (and this means he will be good with Chaos Imp?)
But he turned renegade and became a ... Ranger?!
And it's good to see he's back again...and again, and again.:p

silentbobus
08-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Want the history?
Ignatius is just the one with the specialty of imps in HOMM III (and this means he will be good with Chaos Imp?)

My personal expectation is that he slings a mean Paradise Dog and spends a lot of time quoting scholastic philosophy. 30 posts in and no one has mentioned he is simply too fat to be a Hero? ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Confederacy_of_Dunces

I'd also like to be the first to predict an "O, Reilly?" internet meme pertaining to this Hero.

Alir95
08-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Want the history?

is there any page with history???
p.s. By any chance he later become Agrail?

Shambell
08-28-2013, 12:37 AM
is there any page with history???
p.s. By any chance he later become Agrail?

"Agrael" is alive by the time of DoC (or Heroes 6).

Irgy_
08-28-2013, 02:58 AM
The biggest news I get from this is that there's going to be a new cycle of heros. That really surprises me given that they're also introducing a new faction and therefore necessarily new heros for it as well. It means 6 heros in this new cycle, plus presumably 5 heros for the new faction in the existing cycles (seeker, invoker, lord, champion, caller) plus an achievement-only hero for the new faction. That's a 40% increase in the total number of heros! It will also presumably mean no new epic cards for the current factions as there's simply not enough room for them. Which is probably a good thing, must-have-4-of epics in an expansion creates quite a divide between rich and poor (I'm looking at you Wolf Captain)

goodjob666
08-28-2013, 07:29 AM
if they fail to introduce an accessible card that deals with stall this expansion, this game is dead

El_Bokutal
08-28-2013, 10:17 AM
He looks great.

But was it really necessary to add heroes for every faction?
Lots of them hardly see any action at all as it is.

Razyda
08-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Kal-Azaar is fine.
Namtaru with her spell scholls, can make, I believe one of the best rush decks around.

Ignatius - damage when discarding on inferno hero seems a bit strong. Fire and dark also is quite strong as we can see on Malik.

Atisdai
08-28-2013, 09:16 PM
He looks great.

But was it really necessary to add heroes for every faction?
Lots of them hardly see any action at all as it is.

Seriously.
The current heroes need a rework to make them usable.

ManlyMantonio
08-31-2013, 07:37 AM
if they fail to introduce an accessible card that deals with stall this expansion, this game is dead

I hope the Devs understand how important this point is.

M0rw47h
09-25-2013, 05:42 AM
There are two things that make Ignatius so good. First thing is his spell schools, Adar-Malik already had shown us potential of Fire and Dark combo. Second thing is passive ability, which can be source of an additonal damage.

read more... (lamabalonik.blogspot.com)