PDA

View Full Version : Another fort gameplay

White24Room
08-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Hi guys ! I just found another Fort Gameplay, it's a bit longer and we can see new things such as the loading screen with Edward. Check it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LiAAIqTYsGs

Wolfmeister1010
08-23-2013, 11:55 PM
What is it with these players sucking so much???!!! This one wasn't as bad as that pink haired ***** from the other one, but this guy clearly needs some help. Every single time he is about to get a combo kill, he ****ING BREAKS DEFENSE and then has to start all ****ing over.

Pisses me OFF

LoyalACFan
08-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Why does everyone suck at this game...? :p

Assassin_M
08-24-2013, 12:21 AM
I wish I can suck at this game....I envy them..

Legendz54
08-24-2013, 12:37 AM
he bad... he very bad..

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-24-2013, 12:39 AM
I wish I could see the other girl play... :(

Shahkulu101
08-24-2013, 12:43 AM
I like the new loading screen...

LoyalACFan
08-24-2013, 12:44 AM
I wish I could see the other girl play... :(

If you thought this guy was bad... :p

Sigv4rd
08-24-2013, 12:49 AM
Maybe they really did make AC ridiculously difficult? Or the player sucks...

AherasSTRG
08-24-2013, 12:55 AM
After 5 years of AC, we mostly know the drill and can pretty much kill everything really easily. Perhaps newcomers find it a bit more difficult...

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-24-2013, 12:59 AM
he bad... he very bad..
You arent even close to how booty he is

LoyalACFan
08-24-2013, 01:05 AM
Maybe they really did make AC ridiculously difficult? Or the player sucks...

They just suck. They're not countering any attacks, and doing stupid stuff like picking up a dead body in the middle of a fight...

I sort of feel bad criticizing them so much, but come on, seriously? It reflects badly on the game you're demoing if your gameplay is horrid. Perhaps you should have played the last game to familiarize yourself with the controls...?

roostersrule2
08-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Maybe Eddie had a couple pints before he went to fight and was smashed.

AnthonyA85
08-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Maybe Eddie had a couple pints before he went to fight and was smashed.

And now he GOT smashed :P into little tiny bits.

I can forgive this guy though, since he freely admitted that no-one told him what the controls were, so that's why he was struggling. though there were points during the navel segment when the Triangle prompt popped up and I just thought "Dude, use your eyes and fire the fecking Swivel Guns", I did notice that he dropped a mine during the ship-to-ship fighting, and that it didn't show up on the minimap.

His first attempt to kill the fort's captain could have been done better (and would have negated the need for a second try). I get the impression that he's fairly new to AC, or he never played AC3, although saying that, I also struggled with AC3's combat at first. And If BF has the same combat, I'll need to get used to it again.

At least he's not as bad as that first demo player from yesterday.

I wonder how long the vid will stay up.

Coltillion
08-24-2013, 01:25 AM
What is it with these players sucking so much???!!! This one wasn't as bad as that pink haired ***** from the other one, but this guy clearly needs some help. Every single time he is about to get a combo kill, he ****ING BREAKS DEFENSE and then has to start all ****ing over.

Pisses me OFF

Be grateful you're getting gameplay at all.

Megas_Doux
08-24-2013, 02:40 AM
The forts look really, REALLY funny......

fightinTXaggie
08-24-2013, 03:38 AM
After 5 years of AC, we mostly know the drill and can pretty much kill everything really easily. Perhaps newcomers find it a bit more difficult...

I was introduced a little over a month ago when 2 came out on free games with gold. (I've since bought 3, Brotherhood, and Revelations and am working through those). I'm by no means a pro gamer, and aside from getting a little used to the countering and break defense in 2, I've never really had a problem with combat, and never that bad.

On a side note, it took forever to kill the regular soldiers with regular attacks, and it seems like the jackdaw is an absolute tank, although I suppose that could have been done solely for demo purposes.

Can't wait to get my hands on the game.

D.I.D.
08-24-2013, 04:53 AM

Pisses me OFF

5 drink minimum to play at Gamescom. It's the only explanation that makes any sense.

ACfan443
08-24-2013, 12:02 PM
I hope all this recent sucking doesn't prompt the devs to decrease the challenge of the combat. One gunshot only takes out a third of his health, so much for 'two shots and you're dead'.

Jexx21
08-24-2013, 12:04 PM
that would be two shots from the gunner archetype, not from just any guns

>.>

roostersrule2
08-24-2013, 12:04 PM
I hope all this recent sucking doesn't prompt the devs to decrease the challenge of the combat. One gunshot only takes out a third of his health, so much for 'two shots and you're dead'.No way they would decrease it, no way they could decrease it anyway.

ctuagent15
08-24-2013, 03:10 PM
That guy was pretty bad but I can understand if you're not used to the controls, it took me a bit of time to adapt to AC3's new combat controls and I've played every AC game on console.
I think I'll play a bit of AC3 before I go to Eurogamer next month so that I'm all ready for whatever demo they will have there, want to make the most of my time with the demo

I-Like-Pie45
08-24-2013, 03:15 PM
No way they would decrease it, no way they could decrease it anyway.

The spirit of Hutchinson lives on in Ashraf

Coltillion
08-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Oh yeah, Hutchinson got fired.

jayjay275
08-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Oh yeah, Hutchinson got fired.

Hutchinson was working on ACIII. He had a contract to work on the game. At the time when AC3 was being developed, AC4: Black Flag was in development as well by a seperate team. Just because he isn't working on Black Flag doesn't mean he was fired.

Coltillion
08-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Hutchinson was working on ACIII. He had a contract to work on the game. At the time when AC3 was being developed, AC4: Black Flag was in development as well by a seperate team. Just because he isn't working on Black Flag doesn't mean he was fired.

He got fired because AC3 sucked donkey balls.

Zeusel111
08-24-2013, 05:16 PM
I wish I can suck at this game....I envy them..

But it is impossible for you to be bad.

jayjay275
08-24-2013, 05:17 PM
He got fired because AC3 sucked donkey balls.

He didn't get fired. Plus, that is simply your opinion.

ArabianFrost
08-24-2013, 05:23 PM
No way they would decrease it, no way they could decrease it anyway.

You guys are getting disappointed based on some horrible misinformation.

Ashraf said that THE SNIPERS CAN SHOOT YOU DOWN IN TWO SHOOTS. The regular shots on the other hand can't. This is actually a quite balanced health decrease system.

3 shots regular.
2 shots sniper.

Zeusel111
08-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Player like him and that women are the reason we can't have nice things.

Farlander1991
08-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Btw, has anybody noticed that it gets an awful lot of hits to kill a simple soldier? Makes me hope that maybe FINALLY there will be a reason to the different stats of your weapons.

Assassin_M
08-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Btw, has anybody noticed that it gets an awful lot of hits to kill a simple soldier? Makes me hope that maybe FINALLY there will be a reason to the different stats of your weapons.
I doubt it would matter...since there`s really no consequence to it taking more hits to kill a soldier

Farlander1991
08-24-2013, 08:15 PM
I doubt it would matter...since there`s really no consequence to it taking more hits to kill a soldier

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you were trying to say.

David2010549
08-24-2013, 08:17 PM
This particular video wasn't very interesting, but it's fantastic that Ubisoft is providing capture devices for seemingly everyone playing AC4 at Gamescom. What I really want to see is someone playing the "Open World Demo." It's the only one I haven't seen yet, and it could be the most interesting of the lot. If you find footage of it, please post it.

Assassin_M
08-24-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you were trying to say.
no worries.

What I meant to say is, more hits to kill a soldier would matter if there`s a consequence..the only consequence to more hits is more time taken in a fight....the only reward to less hits is less time. So stats wont really feel any different to me...

Farlander1991
08-24-2013, 08:26 PM
no worries.

What I meant to say is, more hits to kill a soldier would matter if there`s a consequence..the only consequence to more hits is more time taken in a fight....the only reward to less hits is less time. So stats wont really feel any different to me...

Well... is making less hits to kill somebody not rewarding enough? It's not an RPG where you have to keep up the level of your equipment with the level of the enemies you will face, granted, but if nothing will change between now and release, AC4 might be the first AC game with lots of differents weapons where I can actually care about upgrading. Because killing somebody faster is being more efficient and feeling more badass (plus, in case of AC, a faster way to initiate kill streaks), and wouldn't you want as a player to feel more experienced and badass as you progress?

EDIT: Btw, speaking of... what is the stat Combo in ACIII (and ACIV respectively) even responsible for? AC2/ACB/ACR had Damage/Speed/Deflect (which made sense, even though Deflect stat was kinda noticeable only in AC2), but ACIII has got Damage/Speed/Combo. I have no clue what Combo does O_o

Assassin_M
08-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Well... is making less hits to kill somebody not rewarding enough? It's not an RPG where you have to keep up the level of your equipment with the level of the enemies you will face, granted, but if nothing will change between now and release, AC4 might be the first AC game with lots of differents weapons where I can actually care about upgrading. Because killing somebody faster is being more efficient and feeling more badass (plus, in case of AC, a faster way to initiate kill streaks), and wouldn't you want as a player to feel more experienced and badass as you progress?
I definitely would, but at look at Arkham City for example, prolonged fights have consequences. such as an enemy taking a riot a gun if he`s not dispatched quickly, or another taking a club, knife..etc. there`s a consequence that if you don`t dispatch enemies quickly, there`ll be trouble and sure, firing lines act similarly to this mechanic, but when all it does is eat half a block of health, well...

Sushiglutton
08-24-2013, 08:35 PM

Yeah and two shots in the face and the officer shrugs it off. They may have umped up the difficulty a bit. Would be interesting to see some longer combat footage with someone a bit more skilled to see how it works within streaks.

The streak system is a bit odd when fighting alongside allies as several enemies are "blocked" in the sense that there is an ally on the line from Edward to the enemy. This makes transitioning between enemies a bit random. Fighting with allies also means the enemies ignore Edward in some instances that they shouldn't (like 11:42).

Assassin_M
08-24-2013, 08:37 PM
EDIT: Btw, speaking of... what is the stat Combo in ACIII (and ACIV respectively) even responsible for? AC2/ACB/ACR had Damage/Speed/Deflect (which made sense, even though Deflect stat was kinda noticeable only in AC2), but ACIII has got Damage/Speed/Combo. I have no clue what Combo does O_o
Better reach maybe?? less chance of being blocked??

Farlander1991
08-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah and two shots in the face and the officer shrugs it off. They may have umped up the difficulty a bit. Would be interesting to see some longer combat footage with someone a bit more skilled to see how it works within streaks.

I noticed that kill streaks are still one-hit kill for normal soldiers (no idea how they'll affect other archetypes). But, with the default weapons it takes much more time to activate a kill streak (and considering that while you're working on one enemy another one will attack), so I don't think I mind that much.

Sushiglutton
08-24-2013, 08:47 PM
I noticed that kill streaks are still one-hit kill for normal soldiers (no idea how they'll affect other archetypes). But, with the default weapons it takes much more time to activate a kill streak (and considering that while you're working on one enemy another one will attack), so I don't think I mind that much.

That it takes much longer to activate a killstreak offensively could be bad imo (assuming it's still just one succesful counter to do it defensively). Basically it may promote passive play.

Stats is not something I like in games tbh. It's a very gamey thing. I prefer that the different tools/gadgets/weapons have different functions. I wish stats and XP would disappear from gaming.

Btw I think I recall hearing about a repositioning move of some kind being introduced. I don't think I have seen it in any of the vids.

Farlander1991
08-24-2013, 08:54 PM
That it takes much longer to activate a killstreak offensively could be bad imo (assuming it's still just one succesful counter to do it defensively).

Actually, it's not bad, because in AC3 (and I presume in AC4 too) a counter attack is basically that - an attack. Maybe slightly more powerful than a simple one, I'm not sure. But, even in AC3 one counter is not enough most of the times, you still have to hit a few times, but enemies just have too little health anyway.

Stats is not something I like in games tbh. It's a very gamey thing.

It depends. Even AC1 has got upgradeable stats, actually, they're just hidden from our eyes. (And, while I'm at it, EVERY game... well... every action game has stats :p It's kinda impossible to properly design one without 'em ;) :p Just not every action game has got stats that change throughout )

I prefer that the different tools/gadgets/weapons have different functions.

Yeah, I really want weapons to behave very differently.

Sushiglutton
08-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Actually, it's not bad, because in AC3 (and I presume in AC4 too) a counter attack is basically that - an attack. Maybe slightly more powerful than a simple one, I'm not sure. But, even in AC3 one counter is not enough most of the times, you still have to hit a few times, but enemies just have too little health anyway.

If when you go on the offense you need to hit an enemy five times in a row before he is killed, but if you wait for him to attack you can do it in two taps, I think the balance may be a bit off.

It depends. Even AC1 has got upgradeable stats, actually, they're just hidden from our eyes. (And, while I'm at it, EVERY game... well... every action game has stats :p It's kinda impossible to properly design one without 'em ;) :p Just not every action game has got stats that change throughout )

Yeah I realize that (I'm a mathematician after all ;) ). I'm mostly annoyed by RPG games with two hundred swords that do the exact same thing. And yet you need to change every half an hour to stay leveled with your enemies. I prefer the purity of action/adventure games. Unfortunately the trend the last few years is to bring in more and more RPG elements in to other genres. I think it's a tedious and gamey design, but I realize I'm in the minority on this.

Farlander1991
08-24-2013, 09:08 PM
If when you go on the offense you need to hit an enemy five times in a row before he is killed, but if you wait for him to attack you can do it in two taps, I think the balance may be a bit off.

I wonder if the Combo stat is responsible for how many hits you have to make to an enemy after counter-attacking? O_o I really have no idea what it does. Heck, I've never fought in melee with anything beyond the default tomahawk >_< I just know that it's not an automatic one-hit counter-attack, but I don't know how it works.

I'm mostly annoyed by RPG games with two hundred swords that do the exact same thing. And yet you need to change every half an hour to stay leveled with your enemies. I prefer the purity of action/adventure games.

Well, you know my stance about ****tons of items in games :D I do love RPGs, though. I think one of the games, btw, which has found a sweet spot between the amount of weapons and armour in the game and their usefulness is Gothic 1 and 2. Especially in armour capacity. You can get, like, only five-six armour sets in the whole game, and they also show your social status which leads to different situations (if I remember correctly there are even missions to get a certain faction's armour to trick them and get behind their lines), and it's really cool.

EDIT: Gothic also has this cool thing, like, when you start the game, you can't handle the sword or anything. You swing it like a feather-duster. You have to seek out teachers and pay them (after leveling up, so there is xp involved, but I still find it cool) for them to teach you how to better master it. And then you actually use it professionally :)

pacmanate
08-24-2013, 09:16 PM
To anyone at Ubisoft listening. Can you let me game cap some leaked stuff? I don't suck I swear.

Jexx21
08-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Hmm..

maybe combo is the amount of enemies you can kill in a kill streak? not sure.

Bahamut_God
08-25-2013, 08:33 AM
I noticed the guns did not kill instantly at close range, usually 1 shot kills them, are these glitches or do you think the guns have been nerfed from AC3?

Rickin10
08-25-2013, 10:26 AM
I noticed the guns did not kill instantly at close range, usually 1 shot kills them, are these glitches or do you think the guns have been nerfed from AC3?

That was really bad; the captain took 3 pistol shots at point-blank range and just got up. The AI also looks as atrocious as ever.

Bahamut_God
08-25-2013, 11:46 AM
That was really bad; the captain took 3 pistol shots at point-blank range and just got up. The AI also looks as atrocious as ever.

Yeah, if this is going to be like this in the actual game, screw the pistols, I'm just full out using the swords. But maybe this was just for the demo not the actual game, so I'm not sure right now.