PDA

View Full Version : Will I have any chance of running the game on this laptop...

MrSam0
08-22-2013, 01:12 PM
HP ENVY M4-1115DX-D1D58UA-CI7-3RD GEN

Microprocessor2.2GHz 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3632QM Processor with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.2GHz
Memory8GB DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM)Memory Slots2
Video GraphicsIntel HD graphics 4000 with up to 1664MB total graphics memory
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Home

YazX_
08-22-2013, 08:18 PM
i doubt it, intel HD 4000 is considered low end in addition that Ubisoft has no responsibility if the game didnt work on laptops as they dont support it but most of the time games run fine on better video adapter.

in the end, it depends on the resolution and graphics settings, if you have low resolution, it might work.

MrSam0
08-22-2013, 10:21 PM
i will buy a new laptop, so can u give me an advice?

Booshka1
08-25-2013, 08:09 AM
I have a crappy little Dell with Intel HD 3000... and it works (graphics are really bad) but yea as long as you aren't to fussy about your graphics it should work :)

Anykeyer
08-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Advice: dont play on notebooks. You miss lot by not going desktop with big screen and decent audio.

Locopells
08-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Toshiba's Qosmio or the Alienware Brand are your best bets for a gaming laptop.

YazX_
08-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Advice: dont play on notebooks. You miss lot by not going desktop with big screen and decent audio.
^----- this is the only advise i can give you.

Mr_Shade
08-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Toshiba's Qosmio or the Alienware Brand are your best bets for a gaming laptop.
However they might not work 100% with all games - since they still have a mobile class GPU - which though it may work, might not give the same performance as a desktop version of the same card..

It's important you consider the requirements of the games you like to play, since with most Ubisoft titles - laptop GPU's are not support.

Locopells
08-26-2013, 12:52 PM
However, I've yet to have a problem with a Ubi title, and I'm using a Qosmio, so...

thekyle0
08-27-2013, 02:19 AM
I'll agree with the other responses that you won't have any problems starting the game, but the limitation you'll always encounter with a laptop is heat. As someone who has been gaming for the last three years on a laptop, what I've learned is that it's best to have it for small, low-intensity indie games. I've managed to fry my laptop by running games like Shogun 2. Ideally, triple A games that will put your system through its paces should be played on a desktop where ventilation is much easier.

If a desktop doesn't suit your living space or lifestyle then the best I can recommend is to use some common sense heat management techniques.
Shorten your gaming sessions.
Keep the laptop off carpet, couches, and sheets where it can suck in dust.
Set it on a clean, cold surface that will absorb heat, rather than your lap which will just warm it faster.
Elevate the rear of the laptop with a book to allow ventilation underneath.

You'll want to take good care of your laptop, or it will end up like mine which now sputters and lags after more than 30 minutes of games as easy as Don't Starve.

YazX_
09-06-2013, 12:09 PM
You'll want to take good care of your laptop, or it will end up like mine which now sputters and lags after more than 30 minutes of games as easy as Don't Starve.

buy an air gun/Blower and blow the dust out (DO IT OUTDOORS), i think your CPU and GPU are throttling after 30 mins because of heat.

thekyle0
09-06-2013, 06:27 PM
I had thought the same thing at first, but then I took it apart and found only that a negligible amount of dust had built up inside (nowhere near enough to affect it the way I described). Even after cleaning out the bit that was there my problems continued.