PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Havana and Jungle short trailer

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Surprised no one posted it earlier, saw this around 5 hours ago haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S9G0Wcbr9c

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Love it. However... "Reach the jungle's exit?" I really hope jungles aren't linear paths...

Sushiglutton
08-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Was that a rando(M) event at the end :eek:

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Love it. However... "Reach the jungle's exit?" I really hope jungles aren't linear paths...

Might be part of a mission. There is still chests and stuff on the map (guessing fragments as well), so I don't think its linear as you would have to explore to get these.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 08:29 PM

Nah, there was a cutscene... probably a recruitment side mission or something

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Might be part of a mission. There is still chests and stuff on the map (guessing fragments as well), so I don't think its linear as you would have to explore to get these.

There are chests in the Assassin tombs, lairs of Romulus, and Captain Kidd missions as well. They're all hidden just off the main path. But you're right, it could be a mission that's set in the jungle, rather than the jungle being a mission in and of itself, if that makes sense.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 08:32 PM
It says Taverns and defeat bandits on the left...it`s either like the liberation missions (i.e never show up again) or they`re recruit missions..

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 08:36 PM
There are chests in the Assassin tombs, lairs of Romulus, and Captain Kidd missions as well. They're all hidden just off the main path. But you're right, it could be a mission that's set in the jungle, rather than the jungle being a mission in and of itself, if that makes sense.

I am HOPING its not linear. I was under the impression that a Jungle environment was like the Mayan Ruins? As in mini sandbox areas?

ACfan443
08-21-2013, 08:37 PM
It was already posted in that gamescom thread

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 08:39 PM
I am HOPING its not linear. I was under the impression that a Jungle environment was like the Mayan Ruins? As in mini sandbox areas?

That's what I thought too, but there was definitely a map marker showing you exactly where to exit. As you said, it could just be a mission, which is hopefully the case.

Farlander1991
08-21-2013, 08:42 PM
I don't think jungles were supposed to be like Frontier, more like Kingdom? (or, bunch of lesser scoped kingdoms, because kingdom is essentially a bunch of interwining wide corridors with some sandboxy open areas)

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 08:43 PM
That's what I thought too, but there was definitely a map marker showing you exactly where to exit. As you said, it could just be a mission, which is hopefully the case.

I doubt myself :(

Only one man knows the answer.

Some people call him "Big Daddy"
Others call him "God"

I call him Ashraf, so I will send him a tweet!

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 08:45 PM
I don't think jungles were supposed to be like Frontier, more like Kingdom? (or, bunch of lesser scoped kingdoms)

The frontier and the Kingdom were basically the same idea, except the Frontier had structured missions and less enemies. The vibe I was getting from the jungle clip there was more akin to Captain Kidd missions, which is not what I expected and not what I want.

Farlander1991
08-21-2013, 08:47 PM
The frontier and the Kingdom were basically the same idea, except the Frontier had structured missions and less enemies. The vibe I was getting from the jungle clip there was more akin to Captain Kidd missions, which is not what I expected and not what I want.

Yeah, I noted the difference between the Frontier and Kingdom in the edited version of the post. Frontier is essentially one big open area. Kingdom is interwining wide corridors with 'rooms' there and there.

ladyleonhart
08-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the video. :)

Is the music in the video supposed to be from the actual game or is it specific to that area...?

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the video. :)

Is the music in the video supposed to be from the actual game or is it specific to that area...?

It was overdubbed, you can tell because its not continuous footage, it cuts between a jungle and havana.

ladyleonhart
08-21-2013, 08:56 PM
It was overdubbed, you can tell because its not continuous footage, it cuts between a jungle and havana.

Thanks. :)

White24Room
08-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks for sharing our video ! :)

ACfan443
08-21-2013, 08:57 PM
I've been thinking about the jungle, and from what I've seen so far it just looks like a big AC2 tomb style playground, linear paths and 'go from here to here' markers. Hope I'm wrong.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 08:59 PM
I've been thinking about the jungle, and from what I've seen so far it just looks like a big AC2 tomb style playground, linear paths and 'go from here to here' markers. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, I hope they're like that Misteriosa island we saw in the demo. Mini open-worlds.

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Everyone twitter **** Ashraf

Rugterwyper32
08-21-2013, 09:12 PM
What if the situation with the Jungle is after an introductory mission to the tomb-like missions? In the case of the cave shown in the demo, they got out back to the Jackdaw after it, but it was also a shorter cave, and rather small. What if after one beating a tomb/lair/platforming mission in some long-winded caves under the island you end up on the other side of it, and then you have to make your way back to the Jackdaw? Or maybe Edward gets caught during a mission and makes his way out of the island filled with templars. I don't know.

silvermercy
08-21-2013, 09:27 PM
I LOLed at 0:59. Is Edward really drunk here? He certainly looks so...

adventurewomen
08-21-2013, 09:32 PM
^ Edward just loves Rum that much! :D

White24Room
08-21-2013, 09:39 PM
My only fear for AC4 is that the world is not so open as they said ... Like we see in this video

Jexx21
08-21-2013, 09:42 PM
world looked pretty open in this video.

Sigv4rd
08-21-2013, 09:49 PM
So it hath begun! :D

White24Room
08-21-2013, 10:29 PM
I mean in the jungle

DavidPage
08-21-2013, 10:36 PM
What is that signal meter-like icon on the left side of the map? Speculate...

Wolfmeister1010
08-21-2013, 10:41 PM
You guys need to calm down about it. Ash said that each island would be like a mini open world.

That jungle could have been from a mission

White24Room
08-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Wifi for remote play ?

DavidPage
08-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Wifi for remote play ?

Maybe... Good thinking! -D

DavidPage
08-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Oops! Pirate smiley!

White24Room
08-21-2013, 10:56 PM
If I find more I'll upload don't worry :)

WalSwJan
08-21-2013, 11:09 PM
My guess is that this is the jungle you have to go through to reach Julien Du Casse, which is indeed a mission and not an open world activity :P

DavidPage
08-21-2013, 11:10 PM
If I find more I'll upload don't worry :)

Thanks man! -D

DavidPage
08-21-2013, 11:10 PM
My guess is that this is the jungle you have to go through to reach Julien Du Casse, which is indeed a mission and not an open world activity :P

I'm almost certain it is.

White24Room
08-21-2013, 11:15 PM
I guess jungles are like in the E3 demo, we can't cross every plants

Megas_Doux
08-21-2013, 11:28 PM
I guess jungles are like in the E3 demo, we can't cross every plants

A junger is much denser a harder to travel than those New england forests...

This

http://www.neystadt.org/john/album/fall99/forest.jpg

vs

this

http://www.journeylatinamerica.co.uk/uploaded_images/country_LargeImages/Costa_Rica/monteverde-jungle-1-large.jpg

Jexx21
08-21-2013, 11:34 PM
I mean in the jungle

yea.. me too. looks pretty open to me.

White24Room
08-21-2013, 11:35 PM
In the video it's pretty linear in my opinion; but we'll see in the final game or in a next video :)

Jexx21
08-21-2013, 11:36 PM

people who played the demo say it contains no story content, so while it may be that in the main gain, I anticipate that this jungle could probably be a place we could return to to explore.

Or maybe not.

But we would still have open islands and stuff to explore anyway, so I'm not sure it matters.

Jexx21
08-21-2013, 11:37 PM
In the video it's pretty linear in my opinion; but we'll see in the final game or in a next video :)

Well, the frontier can be pretty linear as well, at least if you're strictly following mission guidelines.

EchoFiveKilo
08-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Same fist animations as Connor...well not a bad thing I suppose. But wish we could get some more new ones.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Same fist animations as Connor...well not a bad thing I suppose. But wish we could get some more new ones.

There will probably be some new ones too. At least a few.

Jexx21
08-21-2013, 11:41 PM
lol, fist animations.

I think imma play edward as a guy that will kill his enemies when he gets in a fight but if he doesn't wanna kill them he'll just run away.
weeeeee

Megas_Doux
08-21-2013, 11:42 PM

Altair and AC2 Ezio have the exact same animations....

Sigv4rd
08-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Apparently Edward has new Hidden Blade animations, so I'll probably use them most...

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Apparently Edward has new Hidden Blade animations, so I'll probably use them most...

He would have to, since most of Connor's were based on his pivot blade, which Edward doesn't have.

ArabianFrost
08-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Do you guys really think they would be able to create 50 islands with jungles at least 5 times more dense than your normal frontier in 2 sodding years? I'm sure they would have loved that, but there is only so much you can do in 2 years and keep the game polished. I'm guessing they're not actual open playgrounds for the most part. Just some open areas with some narrow dense paths (blocked by magic impenetrable foliage) in between leading to those open jungle areas. Meh, I still don't mind it. I didn't really expect 50 locations to all be 50 mini open worlds.

White24Room
08-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Do you guys really think they would be able to create 50 islands with jungles at least 5 times more dense than your normal frontier in 2 sodding years? I'm sure they would have loved that, but there is only so much you can do in 2 years and keep the game polished. I'm guessing they're not actual open playgrounds for the most part. Just some open areas with some narrow dense paths (blocked by magic impenetrable foliage) in between leading to those open jungle areas. Meh, I still don't mind it. I didn't really expect 50 locations to all be 50 mini open worlds.

Yes, i'm pretty sure it will be like that

Megas_Doux
08-21-2013, 11:50 PM

This!

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 11:53 PM

I thought the 50 locations included underwater reefs, caves, cities, etc. If every jungle location was the roughly the size of the Misteriosa one, I could see them having at least 20 or so of them.

In any case, if they're linear paths, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 11:53 PM
So...do you guys whine when your way to the Supermarket is linear??:p

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Usually the world being linear shouldn't be a problem..

it's when the level design is linear..

Assassin_M
08-22-2013, 12:02 AM

waz a joke

LoyalACFan
08-22-2013, 12:03 AM

If the world is so linear that it's literally just a path to the exit, one kind of forces the other.

ladyleonhart
08-22-2013, 12:10 AM
So...do you guys whine when your way to the Supermarket is linear??:p

Lol! :D

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 12:11 AM
If the world is so linear that it's literally just a path to the exit, one kind of forces the other.

Mountains in AC2.

But no seriously, that jungle doesn't look like just a path to the exit -_-

Rugterwyper32
08-22-2013, 03:49 AM

Level design can be non-linear even with one exit. Look at the levels of the classic Sonic games, for instance. Hydrocity is a pretty good example I like showing.

http://www.soniczone0.com/games/sonic3/downloads/s3-hz-act1map.png

It's 2D, sure, but you could easily apply that mentality to 3D gaming. So even if they made the islands just have "point A to point B and you can't go further", they could still manage to branch out multiple paths and encourage exploration.

roostersrule2
08-22-2013, 07:17 AM
Edward is a weak dawg, gets pushed around by some thugs.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 07:56 AM
watch The Wolverine online

EchoFiveKilo
08-22-2013, 10:19 AM
lol, fist animations.

I think imma play edward as a guy that will kill his enemies when he gets in a fight but if he doesn't wanna kill them he'll just run away.
weeeeee

The unarmed movesets in AC3 looked awesome to me, and I like how they had their own double counters. Again, it adds more variety to the combat. Its important in AC4, since there are going to be barfights in the game and it looks more awesome if he has actual martial art moves as opposed to Altairs or Ezio's wild swings...he is an Assassin after all.

Farlander1991
08-22-2013, 11:20 AM
I just hope that in AC4 there will not be any lethal double-counters with fists like in AC3.

pacmanate
08-22-2013, 12:32 PM

Well just a guess but in level editor...

1. Select Tree
2. Find area on map
3. Spam left click to place tree whilst wriggling mouse

Ta da! You now have a dense forest :p

But seriously, I think its possible. Due to the denseness there will be a certain degree of linearity to them as it is a jungle.

EchoFiveKilo
08-22-2013, 01:38 PM
I just hope that in AC4 there will not be any lethal double-counters with fists like in AC3.

You mean like the ones where he disarms the muskets from them?

Farlander1991
08-22-2013, 02:11 PM
You mean like the ones where he disarms the muskets from them?

Yeah, disarms and stabs with them >_< So here I am role-playing my mostly non-lethal Connor who doesn't kill unless it's really necessary or a big battle situation, just getting everybody unconcscious, when BAM!!! OH MY GOD CONNOR WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!?!?! YOU KILLED THEM!!!

SixKeys
08-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah, disarms and stabs with them >_< So here I am role-playing my mostly non-lethal Connor who doesn't kill unless it's really necessary or a big battle situation, just getting everybody unconcscious, when BAM!!! OH MY GOD CONNOR WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!?!?! YOU KILLED THEM!!!

This is a good point. It's actually pretty difficult to be non-lethal even if you're just using your fists because sometimes the game will decide to do some cool kill move for you.

pacmanate
08-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Edward is a weak dawg, gets pushed around by some thugs.

You could tell he wanted to cry