PDA

View Full Version : What are you Most Looking Forward to in Black Flag?

fightinTXaggie
08-21-2013, 03:28 AM
So what are y'all most excited about in the upcoming game? Is it the new naval combat system? Is it spending endless hours exploring the open world, or ransacking it to fill your crews' pockets? Is it the new character that seems to have good depth and a satisfying story?

For me, I don't think anything will be able to compare to the time I'm going to spend plundering every ship I come across, until the whole world fears my name.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 03:31 AM
Sail my ship to the middle of the Ocean, wait till midnight, let go of the wheel, go to the captain`s deck and just take in all the ambient sounds of the sea..

AC2_alex
08-21-2013, 03:31 AM
There's no one thing I'm looking forward to most!

If I had to choose one, it would be open world sea navigation.

Wolfmeister1010
08-21-2013, 04:27 AM
If I had to pick one.... Naval combat and boarding, or newly improved stealth mechanics, or exploring locations.

If I had to pick one part I am NOT excited about, it would be underwater portions.

Jexx21
08-21-2013, 04:29 AM
the Jexx DLC

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Just sailing around aimlessly taking in the environment, which is something I always wanted to do in AC3. I'm glad they're adding things like shanties to allow for chilling out and admiring the game world.

AC2_alex
08-21-2013, 04:53 AM
the Jexx DLC

Aha!

STDlyMcStudpants
08-21-2013, 05:15 AM
The story. I can really relate to Edward.

pirate1802
08-21-2013, 05:16 AM
the Jexx DLC

The pirate game

See what I did there?

AC2_alex
08-21-2013, 05:46 AM
The pirate game

See what I did there?

errrrrrggghhh

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Building up a fleet and doing work, something you cant do in ME3

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Edward. He sounds like he could have the deepest character development of any Assassin we have had so far.

^ That's my first reason. The rest is just the return of stealth, less cinematics with story told in gameplay, seemlessness, massive open world, colourful Havana. I was also promised a "Great story and great gameplay"

silvermercy
08-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Edward. And his story. I'd never be interested in AC so much without the characters.
Of course the exploration of Caribbean is another thing I'm looking forward, too.

shobhit7777777
08-21-2013, 10:55 AM
stealth

poptartz20
08-21-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm looking forward to the story and playing around in the environments! also I can't lie.. I can't wait to see what "goodies" lie in store. Like ties in with AC3 or easter eggs.

dxsxhxcx
08-21-2013, 06:39 PM
wait until I get used to the game mechanics to jump off my ship and swim through the entire map (or use a rowboat for that if we have one).. :p

ze_topazio
08-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Swimming from one corner of the map to the other.

edit: Damn you dxsxhxcx we had the same idea more or less at the same time.

I also can't hide i have an interest on Bartholomew Roberts attack on 42 Portuguese ships that they talked about when the game was announced, i want so much to slaughter my virtual compatriots.

poptartz20
08-21-2013, 07:07 PM
wait until I get used to the game mechanics to jump off my ship and swim through the entire map (or use a rowboat for that if we have one).. :p

That's probably going to take every bit of 2 hours. Haha.

Megas_Doux
08-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Edward
Background music
The caribbean world, supposedly full of things to do.

ACfan443
08-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Open endedness, stealth, Havana, 'more assassination targets than AC1', ambient music, and teh grafix.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:19 PM
'more assassination targets than AC1'

The caribbean world, supposedly full of things to do.
Skepticism is in the air...love it

bie26
08-21-2013, 07:19 PM
the Multiplayer! so amazing:-D

Megas_Doux
08-21-2013, 07:22 PM

Well, So far I am REALLY liking everything shown, but one have to be cautious, don`t you think? And I do not believe we, the fans, are ourselves to blame......

ACfan443
08-21-2013, 07:24 PM

I do it without even realising now

TheDanteEX
08-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Not looking at a white loading screen for 8 seconds after doing anything.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:29 PM
I do it without even realising now

Well, So far I am REALLY liking everything shown, but one have to be cautious, don`t you think? And I do not believe we, the fans, are ourselves to blame......
Sorry xD I didn't mean it as a negative thing...it actually shows the devs who read here that they better deliver this time...and yes, I don`t think we`re to blame for being this way

dxsxhxcx
08-21-2013, 07:31 PM
That's probably going to take every bit of 2 hours. Haha.

I wish we had a rowboat to do it but I doubt it'll happen, we'll probably be desynched once we get to a "x" distance from the jackdaw

ACfan443
08-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Sorry xD I didn't mean it as a negative thing...it actually shows the devs who read here that they better deliver this time...and yes, I don`t think we`re to blame for being this way

I just hope the 'more targets than AC1' isn't just PR spin including assassination contracts

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:40 PM
I just hope the 'more targets than AC1' isn't just PR spin including assassination contracts
that would be hilarious...trololololol

Though, it`s not a lie, but like you said...a spin

silvermercy
08-21-2013, 07:43 PM
I hope we can hit people with rowing paddles. If we can, I'm looking forward to that, too! :)

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I hope we can hit people with rowing paddles. If we can, I'm looking forward to that, too! :)
You look forward to strange things..

silvermercy
08-21-2013, 07:48 PM
You look forward to strange things..
Looking forward to the chickens, too!

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Looking forward to the chickens, too!
Chickens aren't strange, alright?? they brought the markets in AC I to life...AC II and ACB markets felt so quite >_>

Bakbak..bak...Bakaaaaak

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Not looking at a white loading screen for 8 seconds after doing anything.

Current gen will more than likely still have this.

AnthonyA85
08-21-2013, 08:42 PM
The things i'm looking forward to most are the truly free-roam aspect of the naval side (I believe it was said that naval would be free roam in AC3, and it wasn't), the no loading times (though tbh, it didn't really bother me all that much), and HOPEFULLY, the REMOVAL of QTEs....seriously, I hope they're GONE! For someone like me who has a visual impairment, QTEs are impossible to pull off if they're in a sequence, and you only have a 0.5 second window to hit them.

I'm also looking forward to the underwater segments, and the new weapons look cool (the Besserk Darts look like real fun :))

Current gen will still more than likely still have this.

What makes you think that? RDR didn't have any loading times between towns, it was all just one map.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 08:49 PM
The things i'm looking forward to most are the truly free-roam aspect of the naval side (I believe it was said that naval would be free roam in AC3, and it wasn't), the no loading times (though tbh, it didn't really bother me all that much), and HOPEFULLY, the REMOVAL of QTEs....seriously, I hope they're GONE! For someone like me who has a visual impairment, QTEs are impossible to pull off if they're in a sequence, and you only have a 0.5 second window to hit them.

I'm also looking forward to the underwater segments, and the new weapons look cool (the Besserk Darts look like real fun :))

They never actually said AC3 naval was going to be freeroam, but some people just sort of assumed that the ocean would function like the Kingdom in AC1 where you could sail from one city to the next.

I agree with you about the QTE's, my eyes are good enough that I can do them easily, but they're still lazy game design.

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 08:51 PM
What makes you think that? RDR didn't have any loading times between towns, it was all just one map.

cause its not RDR

ACfan443
08-21-2013, 08:53 PM
They never actually said AC3 naval was going to be freeroam.

I swear they did

ladyleonhart
08-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Everything for now except Eagle Vision and harpooning... unless I find something else I'm not too sure about. :)

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Everything for now except Eagle Vision and harpooning... unless I find something else I'm not too sure about. :)

Yeah, not a fan of having to be completely still to activate eagle vision. Especially the fact that you can't leave it on and walk about :(

silvermercy
08-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Yeah, not a fan of having to be completely still to activate eagle vision. Especially the fact that you can't leave it on and walk about :(
That's gonna make it more challenging though, I think.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 08:57 PM
cause its not RDR

Exactly, lol. RDR was far more polished than AC games have been the last few years.

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 08:59 PM

I don't think it will. It will make it more irritating if anything. What if he just goes round a corner? You move, it turns off, you have to stand still again, activate it. I liked the old system, activate it, move round corner.

Done. Easy peasy.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Honestly, I'd probably be more concerned about Eagle Vision if I had actually used it... ever. Even in AC1, I thought it was gimmicky. I'll likely never use it outside of any mandatory EV tutorial scenes in AC4.

ladyleonhart
08-21-2013, 09:04 PM

Another reason I don't like Eagle Vision is because your targets remain visible by the aura, which can even bypass obstacles. I think I will find it annoying, unless I can turn it off. Or, maybe I'll have to limit my use of Eagle Vision.

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Another reason I don't like Eagle Vision is because your targets remain visible by the aura, which can even bypass obstacles. I think I will find it annoying, unless I can turn it off. Or, maybe I'll have to limit my use of Eagle Vision.

See thats another thing. As Leonhart said, you can now see them through walls. That means Eagle Vision is not more challenging, its extremely OP. It also backs up what I said about standing still being frustrating and not adding any "challenge" whatsoever.

silvermercy
08-21-2013, 09:09 PM
See thats another thing. As Leonhart said, you can now see them through walls. That means Eagle Vision is not more challenging, its extremely OP. It also backs up what I said about standing still being frustrating and not adding any "challenge" whatsoever.
Hmm... it reminds me of the system in TLOU and the vision system in Dishonored (as well as Deus EX:HR I think).

Maybe there is an "upgrade" in Eagle Vision just like it happened with the other games' systems...?

dxsxhxcx
08-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Hmm... it reminds me of the system in TLOU and the vision system in Dishonored (as well as Deus EX:HR I think).

Maybe there is an "upgrade" in Eagle Vision just like it happened with the other games' systems...?

the difference is that in those games you could die...

Sushiglutton
08-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Exploring the world.

AnthonyA85
08-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Hitman also had a kind of 'Eagle vision'/'X-ray vision'

So, we're back to the AC1 system? Where we move and it turns off? Well, at least we're not gonna be stuck in 1st Person while using it, I HATED that about AC1, switching to and from EV in the first game was a nightmare because it through off my perspective, especially when i was trying to find Contract Targets (which was the only real time i used it in AC1, the heavy screen blur effect was also very annoying)

silvermercy
08-21-2013, 09:20 PM
lol Touché..

(well you can... kinda... die here as well... no??)

pacmanate
08-21-2013, 09:22 PM

ha!

ladyleonhart
08-21-2013, 09:27 PM
So, we're back to the AC1 system? Where we move and it turns off? Well, at least we're not gonna be stuck in 1st Person while using it, I HATED that about AC1, switching to and from EV in the first game was a nightmare because it through off my perspective, especially when i was trying to find Contract Targets (which was the only real time i used it in AC1, the heavy screen blur effect was also very annoying)

I didn't like Eagle Vision in ACI either and it just gave me a headache. o_0 Then more often than not, I tried to avoid using it. That's probably what I'll have to do in ACIV. -_- ...Although, at least everything else looks great so far. :D

Farlander1991
08-21-2013, 09:27 PM
They never actually said AC3 naval was going to be freeroam, but some people just sort of assumed that the ocean would function like the Kingdom in AC1 where you could sail from one city to the next.

Well, while they never said about freeroaming like in Kingdom, they did mention in one earlier interview about freeroaming in the naval areas themselves for fun. Though that wasn't repeated ever again, I guess they realized it wouldn't be feasible to do that in the game with the time they had left.

Sigv4rd
08-21-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm looking forward to crashing the Jackdaw into the port of Havana and casually strolling off the ship while the crew looks at me like WTF!!!

silvermercy
08-21-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm looking forward to crashing the Jackdaw into the port of Havana and casually strolling off the ship while the crew looks at me like WTF!!!

Like this?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/043055c8963a4c8705db3421200c9591/tumblr_mg09jdTTeQ1rwkpk5o1_250.gif

Sigv4rd
08-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Like this?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/043055c8963a4c8705db3421200c9591/tumblr_mg09jdTTeQ1rwkpk5o1_250.gif
Lol not quit but I hope something like that is possible... XD

shobhit7777777
08-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Eagle Vision in its current form is evidence of one thing -

ACBF takes stealth, player creativity and the sandbox seriously.

Games like Batman: AA, Hitman Absolution, Splinter Cell Conviction, Dishonored, MoTN (With its fantastic hearing system) all provide some for or variation of "Wallhack" or "X-ray" vision. The point of such a vision is not to remove player observation but to facilitate it and encourage the player to focus on planning and experimenting with approaches.

It also points to a smarter/more AI characters the player has to manage. It allows the player to perch up and observe....manage so many variables and essentially focus on what he/she wants to do and how he/she wants to do it

Sneaking by 3 guys without any of them noticing is fun and challenging.

Sneakily taking out 7 guys using the environment and your tools would be more engaging

This Eagle Vision allows you to do that. It needs to help you assimilate a lot of info...to let your mind be free of the menial stuff and focus on higher level planning

Good ****

Rugterwyper32
08-21-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm looking forward to Edward doin an Ace Ventura moment by taking a lot of sleep darts
You know, like this

http://youtu.be/EP0dk7rsVjA

LoyalACFan
08-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Eagle Vision in its current form is evidence of one thing -

ACBF takes stealth, player creativity and the sandbox seriously.

Games like Batman: AA, Hitman Absolution, Splinter Cell Conviction, Dishonored, MoTN (With its fantastic hearing system) all provide some for or variation of "Wallhack" or "X-ray" vision. The point of such a vision is not to remove player observation but to facilitate it and encourage the player to focus on planning and experimenting with approaches.

It also points to a smarter/more AI characters the player has to manage. It allows the player to perch up and observe....manage so many variables and essentially focus on what he/she wants to do and how he/she wants to do it

Sneaking by 3 guys without any of them noticing is fun and challenging.

Sneakily taking out 7 guys using the environment and your tools would be more engaging

This Eagle Vision allows you to do that. It needs to help you assimilate a lot of info...to let your mind be free of the menial stuff and focus on higher level planning

Good ****

Or they could have just ripped it off of Arkham without tailoring other gameplay elements to match it.

I hope you're right, but after AC3 "stealth" I'm still highly skeptical.

shobhit7777777
08-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Or they could have just ripped it off of Arkham without tailoring other gameplay elements to match it.

I hope you're right, but after AC3 "stealth" I'm still highly skeptical.

Mechanics and features integral to gameplay are not added without sufficient motive. Why would they simply copy it? on its own it is a pointless feature...and does not have much aesthetic value to justify it as a visual window dressing either.

AC3 notwithstanding...there are certain logical assumptions that one can make without the fear of being wrong. This is one such assumption.

You'll see.

Sigv4rd
08-21-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm looking forward to Edward doin an Ace Ventura moment by taking a lot of sleep darts

OMFG YES!!! bonus points if he has a monkey :D

silvermercy
08-21-2013, 10:15 PM
OMFG YES!!! bonus points if he has a monkey :D
More bonus points if the monkey throws the sleep darts! :D

(oh God... Edward must be really drunk to let this happen...). Speaking of drunk Edward I'm also looking forward to some VERY drunk Edward scenes. They would be hilarious.

adventurewomen
08-21-2013, 10:17 PM
You know, like this
http://youtu.be/EP0dk7rsVjA

Agreed! :D

That's my favourite part of the film, along side when Ace steps on the scared ground and ruins the scared area, he trashes the whole place. :D

Sigv4rd
08-21-2013, 10:25 PM
More bonus points if the monkey throws the sleep darts! :D

(oh God... Edward must be really drunk to let this happen...). Speaking of drunk Edward I'm also looking forward to some VERY drunk Edward scenes. They would be hilarious.

I want an entire Assassination in which Edward is drunk, imagine the death speech XD

AnthonyA85
08-21-2013, 10:26 PM
I'm hoping we get some PoTC references, (I'm not counting Blackbeard since he was a real person, even though he was in the fourth movie), I'm hoping that we at least see a ship resembling either the Black Pearl and/or the Flying Dutchman, and i'm really hoping for either a Krakken or undead ship crew (that could be in a DLC) :P

I think they did say that there would be someone very similar to Jack Sparrow in the game, but obviously not called Jack Sparrow, but would be very like him in personality. I think it was mentioned at an E3 QnA

adventurewomen
08-21-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm hoping we get some PoTC references, (I'm not counting Blackbeard since he was a real person, even though he was in the fourth movie), I'm hoping that we at least see a ship resembling either the Black Pearl and/or the Flying Dutchman, and i'm really hoping for either a Krakken or undead ship crew (that could be in a DLC) :P

I think they did say that there would be someone very similar to Jack Sparrow in the game, but obviously not called Jack Sparrow, but would be very like him in personality. I think it was mentioned at an E3 QnA
Agreed, well we already had some references to PoTC in AC3. Robert Faulkner was voiced by Kevin McNally (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0573618/) who played Joshamee Gibbs in PoTC. Kevin wanted to make sure that Robert had a link to his character in PoTC. They both don't like women on deck.

See they look alike too, the striking resemblances to Robert Faulkner & Joshamee Gibbs.

http://i.imgur.com/pPm5QWd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/y2fcmDz.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this interesting fact! :D

silvermercy
08-21-2013, 10:38 PM
I want an entire Assassination in which Edward is drunk, imagine the death speech XD
And iN the nAme of liBerty *hic* yoU will nOw... Die *hic* ooh thAt's a Nice GoLden bRooch ya haVE therE! *hic* Why is the WorLd spinning *hic* by the way... I'm not dRunk, I'm aweSome!!

dxsxhxcx
08-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Hitman also had a kind of 'Eagle vision'/'X-ray vision'

I kinda liked it this way, it would be nice to have the option to make it that way...

lol Touché..

(well you can... kinda... die here as well... no??)

yes, but it's a challenging accomplishment... :p (at least it used to be)

I would like to see some references to the Goonies as well.. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png

maybe a pirate named One-Eyed Willie or a Tomb with puzzles similar to the ones in the movie..

ze_topazio
08-21-2013, 11:10 PM
And a reference to Dread pirate Roberts and Captain Hook.

AnthonyA85
08-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Agreed, well we already had some references to PoTC in AC3. Robert Faulkner was voiced by Kevin McNally (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0573618/) who played Joshamee Gibbs in PoTC. Kevin wanted to make sure that Robert had a link to his character in PoTC. They both don't like women on deck.

See they look alike too, the striking resemblances to Robert Faulkner & Joshamee Gibbs.

http://i.imgur.com/pPm5QWd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/y2fcmDz.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this interesting fact! :D

LOL! Heh, I KNEW that VA sounded familiar, but I couldn't place him (I never thought to look him up), but I DID notice Faulkner looks like Gibbs, I even call him that whenever i go up to him ingame, the first time I saw him when I approached the Aquilla, i said "Hello Mr Gibbs!"

Now i'm really hoping they put in a reference to Barbosa, either the guy who played him to voice a character, or a character that looks like him.

"You best start believin' in Ghost Stories Mister Kenway. You're IN one!" :p

Megas_Doux
08-22-2013, 12:32 AM
"You best start believin' in Ghost Stories Mister Kenway. You're IN one!" :p

Is it not Barbossa the one with that line?

Zeusel111
08-22-2013, 12:38 AM
I think walking around in this badass cape.And the shantys.

Shahkulu101
08-22-2013, 12:40 AM
The beautiful world, the grand sea and the unfolding of Edward's story.

Dutchman141
08-22-2013, 01:22 AM
The beautiful world, the grand sea and the unfolding of Edward's story.

This !! and more.

Being able to sail around and explore things, sidemissions, hunting, battling ships etc. in a colorfull carribean setting.
If AC4 is as openworld and adventurous as it seems then it might become my most favoured game of all times and I play computergames since I bought my first Sinclair Spectrum 48k :D

I-Like-Pie45
08-22-2013, 01:24 AM
Edward dies