PDA

View Full Version : Is the Assassin Insignia Public Domain?

pG xNotalltherE
08-20-2013, 08:58 PM
So I want to make a logo for my clan in Assassin's Creed and use that logo in the intro for YouTube videos. When posting, you always need to be careful about copyright materials, so I was wondering if the Assassin insignia is public domain. I have already checked the copyright and trademark office and, while the games, scripts, music, and merchandise are mentioned, there is no mention of the insignia. I found the following link on the wiki that leads me to believe that it is public domain, but I want to be sure. Can anyone give me a definitive answer? Here is the link: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:AssassinLogo.png

adventurewomen
08-20-2013, 09:02 PM
The symbol is copyrighted, it's Ubisoft's trademark they hold the rights and can't be used by another person/company without permission from Ubisoft first. That's if you're going to make profit from the insignia, however if you just want to use it for fan art, just make sure that you state that the Insignia symbol's origin.

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 09:03 PM
Ubisoft made the logo available for fans to use in their fankit last year. As long as you don't use it as a for-profit thing, it should be absolutely fine.

EscoBlades
08-20-2013, 09:44 PM
As long as you don't plan on using our logo for commercial purposes (you aren't selling anything for profit), then yes, you can use the logo for your video intro.

Hope that helps.

pG xNotalltherE
08-20-2013, 10:51 PM
As long as you don't plan on using our logo for commercial purposes (you aren't selling anything for profit), then yes, you can use the logo for your video intro.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the information. We are only planning on posting competitive game-play, montage videos, walkthroughs, etc.. The insignia would be part of a custom design for a clan logo and not sold on any products.

djzajo
06-10-2015, 04:56 AM

Hope that helps.

hello i have one small problem i be a Dj and i have name G.A.K like my fb name ( Gabriel assassino kincel ) its possible use assassins creed logo in my name ? thx for reply

nuttewz
06-10-2015, 05:33 AM
Thanks, in advance, for any info.
Very interesting thanks for sharing. :cool: :cool:

โปรแกรมที่ออกแบบมาใหม่ในเครือเดียวกับของ Gclub ที่นี่ที่เดียว royal1688 online (https://www.royal-1688.net/royal1688-online)

Mr_Shade
06-10-2015, 09:54 AM
hello i have one small problem i be a Dj and i have name G.A.K like my fb name ( Gabriel assassino kincel ) its possible use assassins creed logo in my name ? thx for reply

Due to you potentially making money - even though not directly, you are still using the logo to advertise..

I would contact your local Ubisoft PR department and double check before using it.

www.support.ubi.com

djzajo
06-13-2015, 12:29 AM
Due to you potentially making money - even though not directly, you are still using the logo to advertise..

I would contact your local Ubisoft PR department and double check before using it.

www.support.ubi.com

i be from slovakia i dont have local tech sup :/

jeffies04
06-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Being that you'd be representing your services via this trademark that would probably be considered using it for profit. I would clear it with them first. Write to the nearest Ubisoft office for clarification.

dimbismp
06-14-2015, 07:22 PM
A guy near where i live has the abstergo logo