PDA

View Full Version : No writing rights to the Early Access board?

WarBaby2
08-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Is it because I bought the game on STEAM? I activated it in the Uplay Client, but I didn't get the tag and can't write in the EA board...

Beastman666m
08-20-2013, 09:35 AM
mee, too and i do not have the ultimate adventurer Batch (or so it seems)

WarBaby2
08-20-2013, 12:10 PM
I opened a service request with Ubisoft now - we'll see how that turns out.

Minos34
08-20-2013, 12:21 PM
I had to log off then log on again to have the rights in private forums.
The badge seems bugged and you only get it after creating a thread iin the early access section

WarBaby2
08-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Nope, still can't post... logged out, closed FF and relogged... nothing.

Beastman666m
08-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Nope, still can't post... logged out, closed FF and relogged... nothing.

same here.

LE-Larissa
08-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi guys,

Afaik you should be able to access the forums as soon as you installed and launched the game for the first time. :)

Thanks,
Anna (LE-Larissa)

WarBaby2
08-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Yea, well, that's not the case... I blame Uplay, 'cause I bought it on STEAM... Ubisoft doesn't want people to buy stuff on STEAM... ;)

freezerskeezer
08-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Same issue. Bought on Steam but can't access the forum.

WarBaby2
08-20-2013, 01:29 PM
That's kinda ridiculous though... I specifically bought the game on STEAM because I didn't want to support Uplay... and I wanted to support Limbic with my feedback... and now I am at the mercy of Ubisofts Support.

The irony! ;)

windezz
08-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Nope, doesn't work for me either, and I got the game off Steam too.

If you want us to provide feedback in the proper channel, at least make it possible to do so!

OsirisDawn
08-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Can't post there, Steam version too.

WarBaby2
08-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Yup, it's pretty obvious, STEAM users got the stick again... well done Ubisoft... I hope they at least recognize that we too purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition!

fbdbh
08-20-2013, 05:04 PM
I am actually really disappointed how this situation is handled.

- Uplay is forced upon players.
- 30 EUR for a demo of a budget title? So if I'm a broke dude who can't risk a pre-order or early access buy, I'm out of the discussion, even if I'm amongst the greatest fans with a shelf full of old titles?

Would buy, would contribute to this game, I'm a huge-huge fan, but these are very off-putting. I'm not very fond of Steam either, but at least it's what I'm used to. Also, I want the boxed version AND play it on Steam (if not DRM-free). Does this mean, I need to buy twice?

LE-Larissa
08-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Hi guys,

Looks to me as if its working for most of you now? :-)

AeonidThiel
08-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Nope, still no access. Got my copy on Steam aswell

LE-Larissa
08-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Nope, still no access. Got my copy on Steam aswell
ok and have you already activated the game via uplay and launched it, i.e. starting playing a first game (being online on uplay)? Because only afterwards priviliges are set in the forums (as you are using your uplay account here). So once you did that, the forums priviliges should be set sooner or later (when synchronizing with your uplay account).

At least this is, how it should work. ;)

Let me know if you have any news on that. :)

WarBaby2
08-20-2013, 10:14 PM
It finally worked for me now... I just played the game again some more and suddenly, half an hour later, my badge was there. Ah, and I got an achievement in game, maybe that triggered something?

AeonidThiel
08-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Yes, the game's activated on uplay and I've already played it. Logging off and on on both uplay and forums didn't work either

eobet
08-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Hi guys,

Afaik you should be able to access the forums as soon as you installed and launched the game for the first time. :)

Thanks,
Anna (LE-Larissa)

No, that doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: Badge showed up just now. Perhaps it just takes time (several hours)?

shadov3x
08-20-2013, 10:55 PM
That's kinda ridiculous though... I specifically bought the game on STEAM because I didn't want to support Uplay... and I wanted to support Limbic with my feedback... and now I am at the mercy of Ubisofts Support.

The irony! ;)

Exactly this, Uplay malicious at best. I too bought this on Steam in hopes to avoid Uplay.

LordGraa
08-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Still no badge, still no access to EA board... installed the game, played it, was online on Uplay and on forums several times... nothing :/

LE-Larissa
08-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry to read that you are still having trouble posting in the Early Access forums. As I just wrote in the other thread, I forwarded this issue to the technical team. Could you please post in the sticky thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/787982-FAO-Early-Access-players-of-MMX-and-private-forums), in which the administrator will have a look on a regular base in order to check all the effected accounts, so that a solution can be found asap and so that you can get access to the Early access forums? It's easer to sum all accounts there than to scan various threads ;)

Thank you so much for your patience and for helping us to solve this!
Anna (LE-Larissa)