PDA

View Full Version : Edward's Robes Changed Colour?

Billiam301
08-20-2013, 01:47 AM
This image is from the World Premiere Trailer, His Robes are also this colour scheme in the E3 Cinematic Trailer
http://www-ghostvolta-com.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ac-770x433.jpg
These images are from various gameplay videos/Screenshots, the colour of his outfit is different
http://i2.wp.com/pixelenemy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ac4-mp-debut.jpg
http://i0.wp.com/gamingtilldisconnected.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/AC4BF-e3-havana-combat-kick-in-back.jpg

Which outfit colour do you prefer? I personally think the Cinematic colour scheme is better

mlleemiles
08-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Maybe you can dye it to blue?

Megas_Doux
08-20-2013, 03:20 AM
It reminds me the change ACBs robes, from the cinematic trailer to the final design.

SixKeys
08-20-2013, 03:29 AM
The cinematic trailer was probably based on an earlier design. Maybe at first they were going for a similar color scheme as Connor's (white/blue) as a reference to the family connection, but then decided to make Edward more unique. Or something.

I think I prefer the look we've seen in the latest demos. The outfit is more dark brown than white which is better for blending in.

guardian_titan
08-20-2013, 04:42 AM
My thought with it is that either:
1.) The robes change as you upgrade armor
2.) Pirate Edward vs Assassin Edward (his robes change during the story after he starts to become more of an Assassin)
3.) Just shows off 2 separate outfits
4.) Displays a dye option

Not sure which I like better personally. I'm partial to blue but the brown one looks good, too. Chances are I'll just run around in the default armor anyway, though, unless I have a ton of money burning a hole in Edward's pocket to change his outfit. :p Wonder if they'll sneak in previews for other outfits like this before release. Actual in-game shots ... or cinematic ones. Concept art changes so that's not too helpful.

Megas_Doux
08-20-2013, 04:52 AM
I like the first design better.

EchoFiveKilo
08-20-2013, 05:27 AM
I like the E3 Cinematic Trailer better.

Lonnie_Jackson
08-20-2013, 07:46 AM
I like the Cinematic look as well. Is it just me or is it every time, excluding Conner and Ezio Revelations and Avaline (correct me if I'm wrong) we get used to a concept design in early development and they change it?

Altair no Crossbow (small cosmetic change)
Ezio ACII no glove on right hand (white outfit)
Brotherhood had no matching vambraces.

I mean they are small things I can look past but I really wish I didn't have to for the simple fact that I ended up liking the way the character was to begin with. By now we all expect this but here is my point.

I hope eventually if they do plan on changing the character's look in future games, we will have the option to change them how we would like. Just give us the options to revert back to the basic look we fell in love with. Ever since ACII I have tried to stick to the bare minimum to keep the character's look. Anyway that is my two cents. I hope in ACIV we are given a choice of that color pallet from the cinematic look.

poptartz20
08-20-2013, 07:59 AM
I honestly like bot! but am slightly more partial to the one from the WPT.

I think they did the same thing with his hair. For some reason I'm not sure if it's just me or the lighting his hair looks to be more dark brown/ brown than blond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwVe4ZNeQZk

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 08:00 AM
I don`t like anything

poptartz20
08-20-2013, 08:04 AM
I don`t like anything

well... it doesn't like you . ha!

: | how bout them apples.

Lonnie_Jackson
08-20-2013, 08:31 AM
I honestly like bot! but am slightly more partial to the one from the WPT.

I think they did the same thing with his hair. For some reason I'm not sure if it's just me or the lighting his hair looks to be more dark brown/ brown than blond.

I'm guessing lighting, but it could very well be that they decided to go darker. We really don't have much to go on when it comes to customization of Edward. When I asked Ashraf Twitter he told me I'd have to wait and play the game. Guess we will have to wait and find out. I believe him & his team packed a lot of content into this game, so when it comes to little things like this I'm not to worried about being disappointed.

Just read on Ashraf's twitter that there is no dye only costumes and pallet swaps of some costumes. So I think a lot of the color changes we are seeing are just that, costume swaps.