PDA

View Full Version : Can Assassin's Creed ever recreate moments like this?

dewgel
08-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Been away for a while on here, thought I'd pop back up :)

So, I was watching some videos on YouTube, and remembered this little gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yESFCvLxLvM

Who else wants stuff like this back? I felt so emotional after this scene, alot more than the ending of AC3 (avoiding spoilers for those who still haven't finished it) and for Connor's village etc.

Ubisoft done such a good job with Ezio's character, I just feel like we won't get that again. As far as we know, we're jumping into Edward's mid-life, so it'll be difficult to emotionally attach to him.

Do you miss this kind of AC? Or are you happy with the way it's going?

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 09:18 PM
didn't feel anything at all here, sorry...

I hope they take a page off the last of us` book for creating emotional moments..

STDlyMcStudpants
08-19-2013, 09:45 PM
I LOVED the Christina missions!!

Sigv4rd
08-19-2013, 09:48 PM
I LOVED the Christina missions!!

Would have been better if they were longer...

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Would have been better if they were longer...
and made sense..

"manfredo..when did you get so romantic?? *GASP* EZIO??"

Oh no, mi lady pardon the Outfit, weapons and armor that you already saw a couple of times before...not to mention that you don`t know your own husband`s wardrobe??

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 09:50 PM
I liked the Cristina missions, just a let down when she was killed off. The sequence had the most character arc/dynamic for Ezio, up until that point in Brotherhood we didn't know the loss had affected Ezio. I liked the fact the sequence was played out like a reoccurring dream an suppressed memory on Ezio's part - he was obviously traumatised by the loss of his love.

Jexx21
08-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Well, in comparison to Ezio's memories of Christina, we might be dealing with Edward's frustrations with his first wife, at least in the first sequence and cutscene, and later on with have some interactions with a lady pirate, and then eventually we find Edward's second wife.

Sigv4rd
08-19-2013, 09:55 PM
and made sense..

Oh no, mi lady pardon the Outfit, weapons and armor that you already saw a couple of times before...not to mention that you don`t know your own husband`s wardrobe??

Well to be fair he was wearing a mask :rolleyes:

Kaschra
08-19-2013, 09:56 PM
I don't like Cristina, her overly dramatic and annyoing romance with Ezio, and her missions in general.

Hahaha, right M, that scene was really hilarious. She can't even tell Ezio and her husband apart....

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 10:00 PM
I liked Cristina, Rosa & Caterina Sforz more than Sofia. I thought that Sofia was dull in comparison.

White24Room
08-19-2013, 11:00 PM
I want an epic ending for ACIV, an ending that give me chills and tears

SixKeys
08-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Ezio acted like a possessive stalker and would-be-rapist in the Cristina missions. They make me uncomfortable every time I replay them.

I-Like-Pie45
08-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Ezio acted like a possessive stalker and would-be-rapist in the Cristina missions. They make me uncomfortable every time I replay them.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1418146!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/hansen6tvf-1-web.jpg

ACfan443
08-20-2013, 12:26 AM
^hahaha

Sigv4rd
08-20-2013, 12:43 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lghyt28XhV1qf9xxzo1_500.jpg

adventurewomen
08-20-2013, 12:45 AM
The missions were hilarious at the start, maybe because he was acting shy.:D

Awkwardly though that he unintentionally the possessive stalker vibe.

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 04:06 AM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/089/4/3/one_advice__cristina____by_ladyve-d3csjvu.jpg

Ureh
08-20-2013, 04:16 AM
For me, the Ezio games and Connor game both instilled the emotions you described. They purposely left out the romance in AC3 though.

Ubi hasn't disappointed yet... Edward shows great promise.

TriniAssassin85
08-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Been away for a while on here, thought I'd pop back up :)

So, I was watching some videos on YouTube, and remembered this little gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yESFCvLxLvM

Who else wants stuff like this back? I felt so emotional after this scene, alot more than the ending of AC3 (avoiding spoilers for those who still haven't finished it) and for Connor's village etc.

Ubisoft done such a good job with Ezio's character, I just feel like we won't get that again. As far as we know, we're jumping into Edward's mid-life, so it'll be difficult to emotionally attach to him.

Do you miss this kind of AC? Or are you happy with the way it's going?

Don't think we'll ever see this level of greatness from an AC game anymore, Ezio had the qualities to pull off these storylines with flawlessly. Unless Ezio is brought back, AC franchise after ACR is a wash.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 07:09 AM
Don't think we'll ever see this level of greatness from an AC game anymore, Ezio had the qualities to pull off these storylines with flawlessly. Unless Ezio is brought back, AC franchise after ACR is a wash.
Now it sounds like you're just taking the piss.

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 07:17 AM
It's quite obvious that as opposed to Ezio's story, Connor was a failure, which is why they abandoned him and are attempting to find solitude in his grandfather that gave him traits that made Ezio so great. After playing AC3 which had excellent gameplay mechanics (although poorly implemented) but mediocre character development when it comes to Connor I have stopped looking to care about the character and have taken solitude in the mere gameplay alone. That's why when I play AC3 I skip the cutscenes. Connor is boring and all the character models in AC3 had no facial expressions a step down from the polished facial animation in AC Brotherhood.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 07:20 AM
all the character models in AC3 had no facial expressions a step down from the polished facial animation in AC Brotherhood.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...haha...ohh....ohhhhh... ahhh my god, this made my day....oh my god....

poptartz20
08-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Well... after watching that again. It honestly made me realize how far the AC story has progressed. In a positive way. In terms of story that connects you emotionally. Also It made me see how rough those graphics were again. : | Their story is one that has played out several times in movies before. young requited love yet due to Ezio's duties he could never be with her so he became a creepy stalker? -- I'll always watch you and protect you from a distance and come back into your life at random times just to mindf*ck with you a little bit.

Yeah. Sad and an Oh well feeling at the same time. I think the first time around was overall better/emotional for me. Now I just don't care about it as much, also Cristina was slightly annoying with how dramatic she was. :D -- I still liked playing AC2 though!

all the character models in AC3 had no facial expressions a step down from the polished facial animation in AC Brotherhood.

Woah... Come on now for real? Ha!

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Woah... Come on now for real? Ha!
forget him saying that Connor is boring xD He`s actually saying ACB has more polished facial animation than AC III.....that`s just hilarious

Farlander1991
08-20-2013, 07:49 AM
ACB has indeed got a very expressive facial animation (in a theatrical kind of way, I would even say), which IMO is a lot better than AC2's or ACR's for that matter, but it could never capture the amazing subtleties of the AC3 animation.

poptartz20
08-20-2013, 07:50 AM
forget him saying that Connor is boring xD He`s actually saying ACB has more polished facial animation than AC III.....that`s just hilarious

Yeah! I actually meant to cut the Connor is boring part is out.. I'll have to fix that. The rest of that is a joke right? like really.. It's so sad I'm not sure if I should laugh.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 07:52 AM
ACB has indeed got a very expressive facial animation (in a theatrical kind of way, I would even say), which IMO is a lot better than AC2's or ACR's for that matter, but it could never capture the amazing subtleties of the AC3 animation.
Agreed. ACB felt like a more stellar version of AC II`s facial animation. ACR looked stiff for some reason..wasn't as elastic as ACB`s

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Agreed. ACB felt like a more stellar version of AC II`s facial animation. ACR looked stiff for some reason..wasn't as elastic as ACB`sWhat? ACR's facial animations were 2nd only to AC3's.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 09:16 AM
What? ACR's facial animations were 2nd only to AC3's.
Didn't really see it. ACR looked good in some places and sometimes, but looked REALLY bad most of the time..Ezio`s mouth movement felt so stiff in comparison to AC II and ACB, not to mention that the face itself felt less elastic than ACB

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Didn't really see it. ACR looked good in some places and sometimes, but looked REALLY bad most of the time..Ezio`s mouth movement felt so stiff in comparison to AC II and ACB, not to mention that the face itself felt less elastic than ACBActually come to think of it ACR's was really inconsistent, at times it was better then ACB's and at others it was worse then AC2's.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 09:20 AM
M, it seems like you are just saying you hate everything ezio is in out of principle.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 09:22 AM
M, it seems like you are just saying you hate everything ezio is in out of principle.He hates him because he is the most popular, I might be wrong and don't hold me to this but pre-ACR I can remember him saying AC2 was his favourite.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Damn hipsters.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 09:23 AM
M, it seems like you are just saying you hate everything ezio is in out of principle.
ACR is my second favorite game, I think ACB has the second best facial animation, I praise AC II`s mission design, I think ACB has some of the best side missions, Florence and Venice are 2 of my favorite cities...

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Damn hipsters.If a hipster falls in the forest and there's no one around does it make a noise?

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 09:24 AM
but pre-ACR I can remember him saying AC2 was his favourite.
I`ll pretend you never said this too..

itsamea-mario
08-20-2013, 09:25 AM
If a hipster falls in the forest and there's no one around does it make a noise?

If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a noise? i don't know, but you can be sure a hipster would buy the album.

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 09:26 AM
I`ll pretend you never said this too..I think I said AC2 was my favourite game with RDR a close second, then you said RDR just pips it for mind.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 09:27 AM
I think I said AC2 was my favourite game with RDR a close second, then you said RDR just pips it for mind.
Yeah, try reading my post again.....closely this time...

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Yeah, try reading my post again.....closely this time...The forum doesn't go back far enough.

jayjay275
08-20-2013, 09:40 AM
I enjoyed these missions too. :)

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 10:11 AM

When I say that I mean the game engine graphics. Im not talking about the cinematic cutscenes. If you wanted me to specify my professional unlicensed opinion.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:13 AM
When I say that I mean the game engine graphics. Im not talking about the cinematic cutscenes. If you wanted me to specify my professional unlicensed opinion.
Which is irrelevant...AC III uses a low res model for gameplay to save space...faces are RARELY seen outside cinematics...where is facial animation demonstrated?? cinematics...how should they be judged?? from cinematics, yes

roostersrule2
08-20-2013, 10:16 AM
When I say that I mean the game engine graphics. Im not talking about the cinematic cutscenes. If you wanted me to specify my professional unlicensed opinion.This is actually true, AC3's facial animations during gameplay was not even PS2 standard.

Carmiel
08-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Which is irrelevant...AC III uses a low res model for gameplay to save space...faces are RARELY seen outside cinematics...where is facial animation demonstrated?? cinematics...how should they be judged?? from cinematics, yes

In engine cutscenes don't count as cinematics. Cinematics take up about 20% of the time you see anyone's face. So you have no idea what your talking about.

Assassin_M
08-20-2013, 10:19 AM
In engine cutscenes don't count as cinematics.
Uhhh..

So you have no idea what your talking about.
Clearly, i`m the one who has no idea what he`s talking about, yes...

adventurewomen
08-20-2013, 11:28 AM
In engine cutscenes don't count as cinematics. Cinematics take up about 20% of the time you see anyone's face. So you have no idea what your talking about.
Sorry to burst your bubble..They are called cinematics, what are YOU talking about?

Jexx21
08-20-2013, 11:29 AM
But the faces in ACB didn't emote outside of cutscenes either, so...

pacmanate
08-20-2013, 01:32 PM
and made sense..

... who has their eyes open when they kiss...