PDA

View Full Version : Asalah Invoker of Castigation

Aza404
08-19-2013, 01:57 PM
So there you go guys! The 6th faction is Academy!

It’s only fitting that we start the reveals of Academy with its own Invoker!

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/F2P/MMDOC/asalah_aca1.JPG

Asalah’s not just a pretty face, she’s also a powerhouse. She has access to both Light, Fire and Water, making her one of the most aggressive Invoker to date. Her ability’s nothing to scoff at either, she can boost the attack value of an enchanted creature. The more enchantment there are, the more powerful it grows.
And don’t you worry about those Invoker starting stats, Academy has the best Magic Channel creatures out there and they have 5 creatures with a 1 Might requirement!

Lex-58
08-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Wonderful

Nillicomes
08-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Sounds interesting. A whole new playstyle I guess. Welcomz dear Asalah!

Zmajoubica
08-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Really nice! The first hero that combines fire and water magic. :)

M0rw47h
08-19-2013, 02:19 PM
A-ma-zing.

trupiciel
08-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Ah, no drunken dwarves riding bears this time? OH well...

No...

Wait...

What's that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHekNnySAfM

Morkje
08-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Interesting.

Good too see them play around a little more with the clasic Might for Creatures, Magiic for Spells setup.
I love the creatures with a 2-1-1- or 3-2-3 requirement.

El_Bokutal
08-19-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm a bit disappointed.
Not by the hero (she looks great so far) but I though the new faction would be more around Primal magic and was looking forward to see more interesting spells for that school.

Well : Light + Fire + Water = Dammage spells for every cost from 1 to 6. :)
Were are my manastorms? :)

Misoall
08-19-2013, 02:47 PM
nice and finally news

Al3ssandro.90
08-19-2013, 02:48 PM
fire , water and light ...very good magic school , i like it

RedEmperor30
08-19-2013, 02:49 PM
let the games begin... let it begin let it BEGIN!!

Misoall
08-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Would it be first Invoekr without Primal? 0.0

Hantziie
08-19-2013, 02:56 PM
So as far i can understood. Academy monsters will require more Magic instead of Might... Interesting!

DoubleDeck
08-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Has the best magic channeling creatures (increase your spell stat instantly I am sure!)

Alir95
08-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Excitied !!!! guys anyone knows when the date of apearing new expansion??

LQDBrunt
08-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Love the artwork.
Captured the mystique and exotic of the Academy perfectly.

Nevofix
08-19-2013, 03:23 PM
*_* So excited! Probably get her in pack N 253
Does this mean a new unique creature and unique fortune (and maybe a new unique spell)?

Shukfir
08-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Would it be first Invoekr without Primal? 0.0

Third. Shaar & Kaiko also have no Prime.

Kai.78
08-19-2013, 04:35 PM
So when does The Last Airbender appear with the power of Fire, Wind, Earth and Water magic schools? :D

HolySerafim
08-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Just Great!

Mryth01
08-19-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm a bit disappointed. [...] I though the new faction would be more around Primal magic and was looking forward to see more interesting spells for that school. [...]

If I'm not mistaken, in the lore of Ashan, the most prime-attuned factions were Necropolis, Inferno and Academy. Each one in different aspect of primal magic. Chaos for Inferno, Order for Academy and Necropolis, newfound Void for Inferno and Necropolis (Nethermancers/Netherlords)

svilleneuve
08-19-2013, 04:52 PM
So as far i can understood. Academy monsters will require more Magic instead of Might... Interesting!

It's only natural that Academy is setup that way don't you think? :)

svilleneuve
08-19-2013, 04:59 PM
If I'm not mistaken, in the lore of Ashan, the most prime-attuned factions were Necropolis, Inferno and Academy. Each one in different aspect of primal magic. Chaos for Inferno, Order for Academy and Necropolis, newfound Void for Inferno and Necropolis (Nethermancers/Netherlords)

Actually, Nethermancers are mages from Academy. Void is an illegal form of Magic in the Seven Cities though. Most Mages that tries to use Void magic becomes consumed by it.

HolySerafim
08-19-2013, 05:03 PM
When will the new patch is not yet known?

hydramarine
08-19-2013, 05:15 PM
My favorite Invoker so far, can't wait.

Shadow_Within
08-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Would really like to see phoenix as well - my favourite creature from HoMM.

Aaaaaand. If this fraction is spells based then we have a fraction of OTK/slowpoke/stall.
I like.

Dannyd137
08-20-2013, 12:49 AM
Aaaaaand. If this fraction is spells based then we have a fraction of OTK/slowpoke/stall.
I like.
Seems legit...

hydramarine
08-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Did you notice how the color palette matches the spell schools? She is all yellow and red with a hint of blue aura.

Say-10
08-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Did you notice how the color palette matches the spell schools? She is all yellow and red with a hint of blue aura.

A description from

THE ASHAN COMPENDIUM:
ACADEMY BOOK
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

(...)Shades of blue, orange and yellow are favoured.

So her outfit colours are not based on her schools of magic, but more on "wizards fashion"

The symbol on her headgear is THE EYE OF SAPIENCE and the one on the back of her sexy robe is THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE. If You want people I can write down more info about it and ACADEMY in general.

bustio
08-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Looks very cool.

Got me wondering though, what is academy's favored spell school. So far i thought it had to be air or primal, but all invokers have access to their faction's favored spell (at least for the moment)

Say-10
08-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Looks very cool.

Got me wondering though, what is academy's favored spell school. So far i thought it had to be air or primal, but all invokers have access to their faction's favored spell (at least for the moment)

Wizards are masters of all schools of magic with no discrimination. For all other factions of Ashan, magic equates to faith. Spells are miracles or if You prefer gifts from Dragon Gods. But for Wizards magic is just a higher form of knowledge. They don't pray to spirits, they bind them to their will.

ulpsz
08-20-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm slightley disapointed that it isn't dungeon..(sonce it's my favorite from homm)

invoker looking good so far..

but why inoker of "castigation" -?? wouldn't thet title rather fit a HEAVEN or INFERNO HERO??? I just don't picture academy being into punishment

and would'nt it have been more fitting if she had acces to 4 SPELL SCHOOLS and only 16 HP??

Nillicomes
08-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Great idea ulpsz.... let's just make her an easy rush target, because we don't like Invokers, so let us just make them weak.....

DinstanoMESO
08-20-2013, 03:49 PM
This just might be my favorite faction ever O.O

And the artwork is really vivid indeed, but her face could use a bit more detailing though. Looking forward to this.

mindw0rk
08-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Need. More. Info!

ulpsz
08-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Great idea ulpsz.... let's just make her an easy rush target, because we don't like Invokers, so let us just make them weak.....

actually thought that this would make her stronger...

you got a point with rushes tho...still I would like to see an academy hero with 4 spell schools - would be so nice flavourwise...

name is wrongley uninspired..asalah means "purity" - it would go hand in hand with castigation if it was heaven

but what can you expect from a team who gives the exact same name, but in japanese, to some sanctuary uppgrades and makes two distinct creatures

wanizame= shark
mizu kami = water spirit
yuki ona= snow woman/maiden

Dansonn
08-21-2013, 12:41 AM
I`m looking forward to check how her passive will work with ice weapon and bless on 1-might creatures.

svilleneuve
08-21-2013, 12:50 PM

you got a point with rushes tho...still I would like to see an academy hero with 4 spell schools - would be so nice flavourwise...

name is wrongley uninspired..asalah means "purity" - it would go hand in hand with castigation if it was heaven

but what can you expect from a team who gives the exact same name, but in japanese, to some sanctuary uppgrades and makes two distinct creatures

wanizame= shark
mizu kami = water spirit

She has a pretty cool backstory that fits the name though. We'll reveal it soon enough :)

M0rw47h
08-21-2013, 01:05 PM
She has a pretty cool backstory that fits the name though. We'll reveal it soon enough :)

We need moar previewz.

VampFury
08-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Light of Tomorrow, Forbidden Flame and Strength of the Sea in one deck... ouch, that is very, very powerful! :)

Also what Zmajoubica said, first hero with Fire and Water spell schools combined ^^

svilleneuve
08-22-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm curious to know which other spell combination are you eager to see?

CytherSlash
08-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Water + Earth!
(maybe even dark or primal as third school, for even more Epicness)

atord-Nordos
08-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Light, dark and Water.... That could become very strong, too :P

Heroesfan123
08-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Water+Earth as well, that'd be exciting!

On a Naga hero that is, I don't care about flimsy Wizards with staffs that have a Knob on the end :P

M0rw47h
08-23-2013, 02:13 AM
I'm curious to know which other spell combination are you eager to see?

Fire and Water on Seeker.
Earth and Water on Caller.

midarnel1
08-23-2013, 02:30 AM
It's got a lot in it.http://denver.ukmerritt.com/1.jpg
http://denver.ukmerritt.com/2.jpg
http://denver.ukmerritt.com/3.jpg
http://denver.ukmerritt.com/4.jpg
http://denver.ukmerritt.com/5.jpg

pod11
08-23-2013, 01:18 PM

wanizame= shark
mizu kami = water spirit

i tought kami means god?

GustavXIII
08-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Depends on the context. Kami can mean both, god or spirit.

About the possible spell combinations, i dont know if its possible flavourwise, but earth and water could be interesting.
Edit: Cyther already mentioned it, but i would really like to see those two in action!

zenithale
08-23-2013, 02:24 PM
I just want an Inferno with Water (to try Chaos Imp with Ice shell...).

J4mesR4ge
08-23-2013, 05:31 PM
I just want an Inferno with Water (to try Chaos Imp with Ice shell...).

Hmmm A fire creature protected by ice... Thats strange xDD

VampFury
08-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Until now, all spell schools are combined except [Air - Darkness], [Earth - Water] and [Water - Fire].

With a new race we have spoiled hero that has [Water - Fire]... now that leaves us with two more combinations for this or future expansions.

J4mesR4ge
08-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Until now, all spell schools are combined except [Air - Darkness], [Earth - Water] and [Water - Fire].

With a new race we have spoiled hero that has [Water - Fire]... now that leaves us with two more combinations for this or future expansions.

I think Air-Darkness dont have a special synergy yet, but Earth-Water can be... well very interesant school combination with mass damage and unique mass enchantments: The Strenth of the Sea + The Might of Nature can be very devastating combination!

Nevofix
08-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Will there be a new Caller as well?

ulpsz
08-25-2013, 05:35 PM
i tought kami means god?

kami means spirit foremost..although the name "shin" is used when nominating human spirit..

kami nominates "spirits" that are divine and NOT HUMAN..so gods would certainly fit in that category..although for a deity they use the name "megami" which is the feminine form of kami...as Asian languages are extremely ambiguous and complex

I was only chastising them for using such obvious and unimaginative names - lazy desighn seems to be in fashion these days so ' don't know why I realy bother anyway

Psychobabble.au
08-26-2013, 08:31 AM
I couldn't be bothered reading through six pages of replies, so I'm not sure if I'm the first one to point it out but that's a TRULY ridiculous level of boob plate in the article. not sure if you guys have noticed, but the market leaders in this cateogry have dramatically moved away (http://www.gatheringmagic.com/mike-linnemann-vorthos-art-editorial-06122013-magic-and-the-boob-plate/) from boob plate - go take a look at the M14 card image gallery (http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/magic2014coreset/cig#) for a stark example. There's exatly one example there and it's a reprint, while what would have previously been prime candidates like archangel of thune, seraph of the sword, angelic accord and rise of the dark realms have figures in conspicuously practical looking armour.

This stuff's passe, and DOC had actually until now done alright on this front (much better than the trashy shadow era art). Lets hope the art in the OP is an anomoly not a sign of things to come.

hydramarine
08-26-2013, 09:01 AM
Actually noone had commented / paid attention on her boob plate up until this point :)

pod11
08-26-2013, 03:21 PM
lol..boob plate?
i didnt realize its even supposed to be armor, or metal for that matter.

HiddenGrounds
08-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Great art and interesting spell school combinations...

Looking forward to learning more about the Academy!

Razyda
08-28-2013, 11:37 AM
As for hero spell schools combination i just dont wanna see orc hero with water, let alone water earth. Tons of quick attack creatures with strength of the sea, then blackskull crusher with fortune ward and maybe might of nature, would have pretty muche remove spells and fortunes from the game.
As for Asalah - refreshing spring, inner fire, bless, ice weapon, strength of the sea, her ability - go void wraiths (and light of tomorrow on top of it for flavour)