PDA

View Full Version : The crafting system is appalling in Ac3.

Jack-Reacher
08-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Its pretty shocking, I think the entire crafting system was botched so badly. The menu navigation makes me want to heave a sledgehammer into my TV, and the tutorial system is so flimsy it couldn't help God figure out how to tie his shoelaces.

What's worse is you can't craft multiple items at a time, and you have no idea if what you are making is necessary at all, or if it will ever make a profit. And on top of that you finally hit a winning formula, only to realise the deer jerky was needed for some damn delivery request, whose rewards always escape my mind. You have no idea when you will be able to unlock the artisans level to make the good, and most of the items available are just filler.

Huge let-down, along with the entire hunting system.

jayjay275
08-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Half the items you craft there aren't even interactive. I think it'd be cool if it was like Skyrim, where it shows you crafting the armory or weaponry. :/

Jack-Reacher
08-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Also its really annoying that most of the good special items aren't unlocked until later on in the game. A strategy I just did was mash through the story missions to sequence 9 without doing any side missions, so I have loads of stuff to do with more tools than you usually would. I just cant seem to bring life into this game... it can get so bland.

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 09:49 AM
I liked crafting items and the hunting system - I liked discovering what animals lived in certain locations especially the Frontier.

LoyalACFan
08-19-2013, 09:49 AM
I agree, and only a handful of items were even worth the trouble after crafting costs and such. Not to mention the fact that I crafted God knows how many bearskin rugs before I figured out that regular bearskins were somehow worth way more than the finished product...

jayjay275
08-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Also its really annoying that most of the good special items aren't unlocked until later on in the game. A strategy I just did was mash through the story missions to sequence 9 without doing any side missions, so I have loads of stuff to do with more tools than you usually would. I just cant seem to bring life into this game... it can get so bland.

I don't bother with crafting when I have all the weapon/ammo upgrades. You might have not captured all the forts. What I do is, enter forts by stealth or by combat and kill or beat up everyone including the Captain, but I do not capture the fort because I want to be able to do it again. Plus, I turn on the snow and night time effects. :P

Jack-Reacher
08-19-2013, 09:59 AM
I did something similar with the Borgia towers in ACB, I loved those. Made loads of videos on them as well, good times. I dont really like the forts so much in this game, I feel the stealth aspect just doesnt quite work as well in this game, it feels too much like trial and error. I also spent ages with the snow on, just for affect.

I do have one last card to play to make it interesting. I have New York North left as my last territory to take over. Im thinking about going full notorious, and turning the HUD off. I cannot get seen, if I get seen I have to try and lose my tail without killing them ( so in other words, I can only kill will anonymous). Its pretty intense, I did it in other districts. There are Jagars everywhere, you have to blend all the time just to walk down the street. It makes you focus more and makes even the most mundane side missions (i.e all of them) more challenging. You find you have to use loads of different equipment and tactics as well as Assassin Recruits, it simply adds another dimension to the game.

jayjay275
08-19-2013, 10:13 AM
I did something similar with the Borgia towers in ACB, I loved those. Made loads of videos on them as well, good times. I dont really like the forts so much in this game, I feel the stealth aspect just doesnt quite work as well in this game, it feels too much like trial and error. I also spent ages with the snow on, just for affect.

I do have one last card to play to make it interesting. I have New York North left as my last territory to take over. Im thinking about going full notorious, and turning the HUD off. I cannot get seen, if I get seen I have to try and lose my tail without killing them ( so in other words, I can only kill will anonymous). Its pretty intense, I did it in other districts. There are Jagars everywhere, you have to blend all the time just to walk down the street. It makes you focus more and makes even the most mundane side missions (i.e all of them) more challenging. You find you have to use loads of different equipment and tactics as well as Assassin Recruits, it simply adds another dimension to the game.

Sounds cool, I should try it some time. :P

STDlyMcStudpants
08-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Yep, I hate crafting in all and any game...didnt mind it in skyrim though