PDA

View Full Version : A second AC fan-trailer forum competition - Gathering

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 08:01 PM
★☆★☆★☆Participation has officially been closed★☆★☆★☆

So last year we had a similar competition using AC III gameplays and trailer. Winner was cmrggamer.Lets have a second one this year with AC IV since people are freaking out from ANY lack of promotional media, lets keep ourselves busy.;)All you have to do is say you`ll join and if enough people express willingness, we`ll start the competition and I`ll update the OP. here`s the previous competition thread (don`t revive it) so you can see previous videos http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/695430-★★★-Community-Trailer-Contest-FINALE

-Last day to submit Entries: October 30th---Voting starts later. (Late Submissions open till next week. till Sunday 17th)

-No more new videos may be used. Videos that were released between AC IV`s announcement till August 27th are the only videos legible for use.

COMMUNITY TRAILER CONTEST
RULES

1. You can only vote once.
2. You can't vote for your own video
3. You can not promote your video, or ask for votes.4. Videos can`t be longer than 3 minutes
4. You can use ALL the available AC IV media till August 27th, but ONLY AC IV media.

☆★☆★☆AC IV videos can be found here: http://www.gamershell.com/search/?q=assassins+creed+iv

Entrants
-adventurewomen (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/990238-adventurewomen)-
-Farlander1991 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/878721-Farlander1991)-
-superkootje (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/934728-superkootje)-
-cmrggamer (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1309562-cmrggamer)-
-Escappa- (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1331632-Escappa)
-menumaxibestof (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1314511-menumaxibestof)-
-poptartz20 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1380219-poptartz20)-
-BBjordo (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1452011-BBJordo)-
-NondairyGold (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1330497-NondairyGold)-
-Jexx21 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1136872-Jexx21)-
-Clement4492 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1308109-Clement4492)- (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1308109-Clement4492)
-l (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1408125-ladyleonhart)adyleonhart (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1408125-ladyleonhart)-

VIDEOS SHOULD BE SENT TO ME via PM (http://forums.ubi.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=352359)

Copyright advice:

I guess....just to give one piece of advice for those of you about to undertake some creative tasks:Unless you don't really care all that much about your YT channel (where i assume most of the entries will be hosted), don't risk copyright strikes by trying to use copyrighted music in your trailers. A lot of the time, hunting for the perfect music track (that you are allowed to use) can be half the enjoyment of putting together a fan made trailer.In any case, the above always applies, especially in recent weeks as YT cracks down hard on copyrighted material, especially music. Of course, if you are using a "throwaway" channel, then it won't matter too much.Looking forward to the entries.

I recommend everyone who enters this competition remember this important advice. If you use copyrighted material from another source include it in the description or in the credits of your trailer. For example if you use Music composed and Created from a well known source make sure you quote where the song is from in the description or in the credits of your Trailer. This important to avoid copyright infringements on youtube.If you use someone else's artwork or song ask for their permission before using the material in your trailers.This is important! EscoBlades is right.

-FAQs:

Q-
So you can use a movie score as long as you put a disclaimer and explain who it belongs to...??

A-
Yes you must because the composed movie score doesn't belong to you, it would be seen as plagiarism or to make profit from an artwork/musical score that it's yours is plagiarism. It's best to state where you got the music and or art from in the credits of your trailer. This is much like Harvard Referencing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q-
Maybe a silly question, but just to be sure : considering there will certainly be some new trailers published between now and october, are we allowed to use those ? Let's say a new trailer appears on October 10th, can I use it ?

A-
No more new videos may be used. Videos that were released between AC IV`s announcement till August 27th are the only videos legible for use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q-
Does the ratio of the video matter...? I'm referring to standard (4:3) and widescreen (16:9).

A-
no, ratio doesn't matter...as long as the video is watchable, nothing else matters..

adventurewomen
08-18-2013, 08:11 PM
This looks fun, I'd like to join in this time. Only AC4 footage for these fan made trailers then? :)

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 08:12 PM
This looks fun, I'd like to join in this time. Only AC4 footage for these fan made trailers then? :)
Yup and you guys are lucky, we only had a couple trailers and gameplays last year....AC IV has twice that now xD

Farlander1991
08-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Should I enter? Should I not enter? Hm.... >_< I still didn't have time to do much work for the 3.0 version of my AC trilogy trailer, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete anything for this thing >_<

adventurewomen
08-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Yup and you guys are lucky, we only had a couple trailers and gameplays last year....AC IV has twice that now xD
Thanks for answering my question my friend! This is going to be so much fun! :D

superkootje
08-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Hmm, I might enter, But my normal AC videos take about 5-6 minutes.
I might make a trailer for my trailer :P

cmrggamer
08-18-2013, 08:54 PM
I'd like to join! :)

We may want to create a list of videos available to use so that it's fair for everyone entering.

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 08:55 PM
I'd like to join! :)

We may want to create a list of videos available to use so that it's fair for everyone entering.
Will do that once the number of people participating increases;)

I don`t want to gather all the videos for people, then we end up with just 3 entries :|

superkootje
08-18-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll probably enter, count me in :D

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 09:00 PM
So 3 so far and Farlander is still undecided...

superkootje
08-18-2013, 09:02 PM
So 3 so far and Farlander is still undecided...

I'll allready start collecting material for myself and making up a scenario/script ;)

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 09:04 PM
I'll allready start collecting material for myself and making up a scenario/script ;)
lel, alright, but don`t start anything too serious, cuz we`re still depending on the number of people who`ll participate...hopefully it`ll at least be 11

superkootje
08-18-2013, 09:08 PM
lel, alright, but don`t start anything too serious, cuz we`re still depending on the number of people who`ll participate...hopefully it`ll at least be 11

I was planning to make a vid anyway, I have quite a succesful youtube channel ^^

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 09:14 PM
I was planning to make a vid anyway, I have quite a succesful youtube channel ^^
Really? that`s nice xD

Well, alright then...get to work, maggot :|

superkootje
08-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Really? that`s nice xD

Well, alright then...get to work, maggot :|

I believe I'm the captain of my video making ship, not you!
So YOU get to work MAGGOT!

cmrggamer
08-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Will do that once the number of people participating increases;)

I don`t want to gather all the videos for people, then we end up with just 3 entries :|

Right, right! I would hate for you to waste time doing that if it doesn't work out. I'll have to keep checking back to this thread :)

Escappa
08-18-2013, 10:06 PM
I'll join, would be fun to give it a try :)

ladyleonhart
08-18-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure. When will it be...? I'm kind of busy for a couple of weeks... studying. -_-

Do I have to register my interest, right now...?

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure. When will it be...? I'm kind of busy for a couple of weeks... studying. -_-

doesn't have to be right this instant...just when you know you`ll defintely devote time to doing it;)

adventurewomen
08-18-2013, 10:15 PM

Realistically you should focus on your Dissertation, it's more important. Ultimately this is your decision. :)

cmrggamer
08-18-2013, 10:16 PM
doesn't have to be right this instant...just when you know you`ll defintely devote time to doing it;)

Did you have any idea of when you'd set the date for them to be done? Because I have school as well, and I want to make sure I have enough time to complete something.

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Did you have any idea of when you'd set the date for them to be done? Because I have school as well, and I want to make sure I have enough time to complete something.
3 days? that should be enough to gather people, right??

cmrggamer
08-18-2013, 10:25 PM
3 days? that should be enough to gather people, right??

Lol, I meant the videos XD

I presume sometime before the game is released on consoles

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Lol, I meant the videos XD

I presume sometime before the game is released on consoles
Oh thaaaaaaat....sorry xD

Yeah, before the release date...hope that works for everyone...maybe I should update the OP with it

Jexx21
08-18-2013, 10:36 PM
I'd enter, but it depends on what the due date is on, since it takes a while for my videos to upload and it'll take a while to download the videos I'll want since my internet is slow.

ladyleonhart
08-18-2013, 10:41 PM

Thanks. :) That still didn't answer my question though. :p

Realistically you should focus on your Dissertation, it's more important. Ultimately this is your decision. :)

Lol, I know. :p Thank you for your concern. :) I appreciate it and I'm not offended at alI. I know you're just thinking of me. :)

Then, yeah, I will probably have to sit this one out.

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 10:45 PM
I'd enter, but it depends on what the due date is on, since it takes a while for my videos to upload and it'll take a while to download the videos I'll want since my internet is slow.
will it take till october?

At least you came to a decision :P

ladyleonhart
08-18-2013, 10:49 PM
At least you came to a decision :P

Lol, only because I already have a deadline. :p It's 2nd September. So I should start to panic maybe... after next week. :nonchalance:

Besides, you never told me when it would begin and how long we'd have. I'll have finished studying by that date then.

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Lol, only because I already have a deadline. :p It's 2nd September. So I should start to panic maybe... after next week. :nonchalance:

Besides, you never told me when it would begin and how long we'd have. I'll have finished studying by that date then.
well i`ll keep it running till the console release date....(don`t panic xD you don`t work well under pressure:p)

adventurewomen
08-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Lol, I know. :p Thank you for your concern. :) I appreciate it and I'm not offended at alI. I know you're just thinking of me. :)

You're Welcome, I've been there before with my BA Dissertation, I know how you feel about it right now & it's annoying at times but you'll get through it. Yes I was thinking of you, and I still wish you the Very Best of Luck my Friend! :)

Just this time just sit this one out and enjoy all the entries when they get posted! :D

ladyleonhart
08-18-2013, 11:01 PM
well i`ll keep it running till the console release date....(don`t panic xD you don`t work well under pressure:p)

Thanks. :) Studying will have to come first, of course. I'll let you know for definite after I submit it then and I can't wait. Then...

I will experience "true freedom" lol. :P

I thought you told me pressure can be a good thing... yeah, you're probably right. ;)

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Thanks. :) Studying will have to come first, of course. I'll let you know for definite after I submit it then and I can't wait. Then...

I will experience "true freedom" lol. :P

I thought you told me pressure can be a good thing... yeah, you're probably right. ;)
Oh pressure CAN be good....just not with you xD especially when it`s accompanied by panicking :P

Of course studying comes first. hope for the best;)

Jexx21
08-18-2013, 11:05 PM
What video software is the best for this kind of thing?

Black_Widow9
08-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Now this is a fantastic Thread. ;)

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Now this is a fantastic Thread. ;)
Thanks...you wanna join? :P

I use Sony Vegas...it`s the most efficient one for me

adventurewomen
08-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Any software, there isn't an overall preference use a editing software that suits how you like to work. :)

---------------------

I use Final Cut Pro & Premiere Pro.

Jexx21
08-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Is Sony Vegas free?

cmrggamer
08-18-2013, 11:10 PM

I would not recommend Windows Movie Maker. It's fine if you don't plan on cutting up or slowing/speeding up videos very much. I think it's better suited for slideshows, personally.
There is an Adobe program, I think it's called Premiere Pro -- you could probably download a free trial.
I use Sony Vegas--I think it's very intuitive and pretty easy to use, but I don't know how to do that many effects on it. But there are plenty of tutorials on Youtube! And there is a free trial that lasts for probably 3 weeks.

Assassin_M
08-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Is Sony Vegas free?
Nothing`s free...you can find trials, though..

Jexx21
08-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Everything's free of monetary cost in a certain fashion, but I usually don't go down those routes.

Jexx21
08-18-2013, 11:16 PM
I would not recommend Windows Movie Maker. It's fine if you don't plan on cutting up or slowing/speeding up videos very much. I think it's better suited for slideshows, personally.
There is an Adobe program, I think it's called Premiere Pro -- you could probably download a free trial.
I use Sony Vegas--I think it's very intuitive and pretty easy to use, but I don't know how to do that many effects on it. But there are plenty of tutorials on Youtube! And there is a free trial that lasts for probably 3 weeks.
Yea, I think I'll download a trial once i get my videos downloaded

menumaxibestof
08-18-2013, 11:58 PM
I'm in ! :)

superkootje
08-19-2013, 12:12 AM
I have Sony Vegas Pro 12 :D
It's a hard program to master thoguh

poptartz20
08-19-2013, 06:46 AM
This seems like a pretty cool idea! I know I will most definitely vote. I'm not sure about a video as my skills still slightly lack in that department! Can't hurt to try though. It's all in good fun!

poptartz20
08-19-2013, 06:49 AM
Nothing`s free...you can find trials, though..

well... haha. There are ways. ARRRG.

pirate1802
08-19-2013, 06:57 AM
Whelp, my videomaking skillz are ****ty so I'd confine myself to voting.

well... haha. There are ways. ARRRG.

I see what you are doing there :p

x___Luffy___x
08-19-2013, 07:01 AM
i can't make trailers. don't have any experience but I'll be looking forward to all the trailers you guys make. all the best :) nice thread.

poptartz20
08-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Whelp, my videomaking skillz are ****ty so I'd confine myself to voting.

I see what you are doing there :p

Lol! What are you talking about PIRATE. I was just making a PIRATE reference to a PIRATE game. :)

pirate1802
08-19-2013, 07:10 AM
lol! What are you talking about pirate. I was just making a pirate reference to a pirate game. :)

hmmmmmmmmmmm...

poptartz20
08-19-2013, 07:13 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Haha! :D

whaaaa!?

superkootje
08-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Haha! :D

whaaaa!?

http://piratelol.ytmnd.com/
Lool!

x___Luffy___x
08-19-2013, 11:19 AM
i think HAMPS19 has made the best AC fan made trailers i ever saw. they are just EPIC.

everytime i see them i feel like playing the games again :D

superkootje
08-19-2013, 11:58 AM
preparing music and footage now

EscoBlades
08-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Good luck to all those who enter.

superkootje
08-19-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm allready rendering :P
Since I made a trailer for my new video, which is going to be longer, 5-6 minutes.
My trailer is only 2 minutes of actual footage so I made it pretty quickly :P

BBJordo
08-19-2013, 12:44 PM
I used to love making music videos with anime/tv shows like this back in the day. I think I'll throw my name in the hat too. :D

cmrggamer
08-19-2013, 01:21 PM
i think HAMPS19 has made the best AC fan made trailers i ever saw. they are just EPIC.

everytime i see them i feel like playing the games again :D

hamps19 is amazing! I wish I had his skill. But his videos take him a very long time to make.

silvermercy
08-19-2013, 01:27 PM
What's everyone's fave software to use for making vids? I currently have Adobe Premiere but haven't touched it in a long time.

So, I may participate. I'd like to use the Enya song I mentioned in the other thread. ^^

cmrggamer
08-19-2013, 01:30 PM
What's everyone's fave software to use for making vids? I currently have Adobe Premiere but haven't touched it in a long time.

So, I may participate. I'd like to use the Enya song I mentioned in the other thread. ^^

You should! :)
I prefer Sony Vegas, personally. I just felt like the shortcut keys were more intuitive but maybe I didn't play around enough with the free trial I had of Premiere

silvermercy
08-19-2013, 01:37 PM
You should! :)
I prefer Sony Vegas, personally. I just felt like the shortcut keys were more intuitive but maybe I didn't play around enough with the free trial I had of Premiere
I had Sony Vegas in my old laptop! Maybe I should go acquire it now!! ^^

LoyalACFan
08-19-2013, 01:40 PM
I always enjoy watching these, but I'm no good with video editing so I'll refrain from entering... :(

For those who do, though, best of luck!

x___Luffy___x
08-19-2013, 02:54 PM
hamps19 is amazing! I wish I had his skill. But his videos take him a very long time to make.

i can imagine. i don't have any experience in making trailers though. i wonder if he's gonna make an AC3 one...

superkootje
08-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Here's my video, keep in mind that this is a pre-video trailer.
I did not spend a whole lot of time on this, so keep calm on me :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xbXUTWQotA

Farlander1991
08-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Okay, I've got an idea for a vid, so I'm in. What's the competition entry due date if it happens?

catkiller97
08-19-2013, 03:24 PM
if due date is September End then i am in :)

Kinda busy in between :(

NondairyGold
08-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I guess I'd like to throw my hat in the ring! I've only made 2 vid's before... all in the last 3 weeks! Here's a link to my last it's a Splinter Cell Blacklist M/V tribute.... a taster of what's to come! Hopefully!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NyjM7K1Vpo

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Competition opens in 2 days (3 since yesterday) and it`s open for submission till October.

will update OP with participating names so far..

superkootje
08-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Competition opens in 2 days (3 since yesterday) and it`s open for submission till October.

will update OP with participating names so far..

Can you update the rules?
I'd love to submit my full length video which will be 5-6 minutes.

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Oh come on, mate...can`t you make it 3 minutes? :|

superkootje
08-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Oh come on, mate...can`t you make it 3 minutes? :|

I can, but that's not what I want :P
Being able to and wanting to is very different :P

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 05:03 PM
I can, but that's not what I want :P
Being able to and wanting to is very different :P
Well, reconcile your instincts then D: (I promise I`ll watch your 6 minutes video and rate it :P)

btw OP updated

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 05:05 PM
It's not a trailer if the footage is 5-6 minutes, read the rules it says 3 minutes MAX.

Also 5-6 minutes for a trailer seems like you're going to do very little editing, just stick to 3 minute MAX mark. tbh.

Trailers never exceed 3 minutes ever in general, if they do they are called featurettes, which is not what we are creating we are creating trailers.

Also keep it short and sweet!

superkootje
08-19-2013, 05:16 PM
It's not a trailer if the footage is 5-6 minutes, read the rules it says 3 minutes MAX.

Also 5-6 minutes for a trailer seems like you're going to do very little editing, just stick to 3 minute MAX mark. tbh.

Trailers never exceed 3 minutes ever in general, if they do they are called featurettes, which is not what we are creating we are creating trailers.

Also keep it short and sweet!

Sir yes sir!
or Mam yes mam!

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Sir yes sir!
or Mam yes mam!
ma`am...she`s a ma`am...I thought "women" would`v given it away :P

superkootje
08-19-2013, 05:21 PM
ma`am...she`s a ma`am...I thought "women" would`v given it away :P
I'm a "read the post, then the name" kind of guy ^^

Jexx21
08-19-2013, 05:22 PM
...why am I not on the entrant list?

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 05:22 PM
...why am I not on the entrant list?
Give me the definite okay D:

superkootje
08-19-2013, 05:28 PM
It does not really matter what the storyline of your trailer is about right?

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Sir yes sir!
or Mam yes mam!
You mean - Yes Ma'am
I thought my username was obvious, anyway your welcome. :)

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 05:31 PM
It does not really matter what the storyline of your trailer is about right?
It has to be about AC IV and you can only use AC IV clips..that`s the only rule...along with it being 3 minutes max :P

pirate1802
08-19-2013, 05:37 PM
*sinks down in his easychair hoping to watch some awesome trailers*

superkootje
08-19-2013, 05:38 PM
It has to be about AC IV and you can only use AC IV clips..that`s the only rule...along with it being 3 minutes max :P
That was clear to me :P I'm not ******ed XD

Farlander1991
08-19-2013, 05:42 PM
*sinks down in his easychair hoping to watch some awesome trailers*

While you're waiting for the competition trailers, have you seen shameless-self-plug-this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWgSOFeduKM)? :D

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 05:44 PM
That was clear to me :P I'm not ******ed XD
Just making sure:p

superkootje
08-19-2013, 05:44 PM
While you're waiting for the competition trailers, have you seen shameless-self-plug-this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWgSOFeduKM)? :D
I assume that's your video?

Farlander1991
08-19-2013, 05:46 PM
I assume that's your video?

Wouldn't have been a shameless self-plug if it wasn't.

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 05:48 PM
ACIV trailers only for this competition. :D

Assassin_M
I saw it on your blog I think and I actually think its pretty good :D

White24Room
I'd like to participate with my Kenway Family saga trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZwk3Ap8yBI

superkootje

allow me to Shameless-self-plug my brand new video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xbXUTWQotA)

Farlander1991
ACIV trailers only for this competition. :D

That wasn't for the competition >_<

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 05:49 PM
I'd like to participate with my Kenway Family saga trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZwk3Ap8yBI

AC4 trailers only for this competition!

White24Room
08-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Well it deals with AC4.

Maybe this one ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1TOK1JKoJ4

Farlander1991
08-19-2013, 05:50 PM
I saw it on your blog I think and I actually think its pretty good :D

I liked the unedited version of your post better :D :D :D
But thanks :D

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 05:52 PM
I liked the unedited version of your post better :D :D :D
But thanks :D
I thought pretty good sounded better than brilliant xD

but okay..it`s brilliantly pretty good :P

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Well it deals with AC4.

Maybe this one ?

This works, yes :D

White24Room
08-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Great, May I participate then ? :)

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Great, May I participate then ? :)
Your name was added;)

(videos will be attached to names when participation closes)

White24Room
08-19-2013, 05:56 PM

ladyleonhart
08-19-2013, 06:27 PM
So, the deadline to decide whether you want to participate is now 21st August...?

Can you give me a due date for the actual video please so I can decide...? I work better with deadlines. Well... most of the time. :nonchalance:

You said before up until ACIV's release day right. All the trailers seem to say 1st November, so... what day is it going to be...?

Or should I assume it's 31st October...?

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 06:30 PM
So, the deadline to decide whether you want to participate is now 21st August...?

Can you give me a due date for the actual video please so I can decide...? I work better with deadlines. Well... most of the time. :nonchalance:

You said before up until ACIV's release day right. All the trailers seem to say 1st November, so... what day is it going to be...?

Or should I assume it's 31st October...?
It`ll probably be early to mid October so we can give people time to vote before the game releases...i`ll probably go with the 14th of October

ladyleonhart
08-19-2013, 06:33 PM
It`ll probably be early to mid October so we can give people time to vote before the game releases...i`ll probably go with the 14th of October

Thank you. :) That seems very possible. xD

I'll just have to figure out where to get the trailers first though. :confused:

pirate1802
08-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Whaaaa.. AWESOME stuff. 20/10!

Captures everything I love about this series perfectly. :D

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Thank you. :) That seems very possible. xD

I'll just have to figure out where to get the trailers first though. :confused:
You`re welcome :D
http://www.gamershell.com/search/?q=assassins+creed+iv

ladyleonhart
08-19-2013, 06:36 PM
http://www.gamershell.com/search/?q=assassins+creed+iv

Thank you, M. :D

That gives me one less thing to worry about it. ;)

I appreciate it. :)

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Thank you, M. :D

That gives me one less thing to worry about it. ;)

I appreciate it. :)
So, should I add your name?

ACfan443
08-19-2013, 06:55 PM

Love it, instant nostalgia trigger

superkootje
08-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Just found the most epic piece of music to use for my trailer!

ladyleonhart
08-19-2013, 07:59 PM
So, should I add your name?

Sorry for my delay, M. I wasn't ignoring you. I got a bit busy.

Um... I was going to say I'll tell you tomorrow, but...

Okay. I guess I can give it a go. :)

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Sorry for my delay, M. I wasn't ignoring you. I got a bit busy.

Um... I was going to say I'll tell you tomorrow, but...

Okay. I guess I can give it a go. :)
Alright, done...you can still remove your name if you wish if something comes up..

ladyleonhart
08-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Alright, done...you can still remove your name if you wish if something comes up..

You already put it before I said yes... how did you know that would be my answer...?

Anyway, thank you. That's good to know. :)

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 08:10 PM
You already put it before I said yes... how did you know that would be my answer...?

Anyway, thank you. That's good to know. :)
I didn't know xD

just put it there and waited for your answer. if it`s yes, fine there it is...if no, i`d just remove it:p

You`re welcome

ladyleonhart
08-19-2013, 08:12 PM
I didn't know xD

just put it there and waited for your answer. if it`s yes, fine there it is...if no, i`d just remove it:p

You`re welcome

Btw... what happened to your entry for last time...? I had a look at all the videos, but yours wasn't available.

EscoBlades
08-19-2013, 08:14 PM
I guess....just to give one piece of advice for those of you about to undertake some creative tasks:

Unless you don't really care all that much about your YT channel (where i assume most of the entries will be hosted), don't risk copyright strikes by trying to use copyrighted music in your trailers. A lot of the time, hunting for the perfect music track (that you are allowed to use) can be half the enjoyment of putting together a fan made trailer.

In any case, the above always applies, especially in recent weeks as YT cracks down hard on copyrighted material, especially music. Of course, if you are using a "throwaway" channel, then it won't matter too much.

Looking forward to the entries.

Escappa
08-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Here's my trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMSuw5fegCY

Or am I supposed to post it later? :p

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Btw... what happened to your entry for last time...? I had a look at all the videos, but yours wasn't available.
I`m not sure...I checked it now...It was there about a month ago...

Here's my trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMSuw5fegCY

Or am I supposed to post it later? :p
Later...i`ll attach the names after participation closes

Escappa
08-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Later...i`ll attach the names after participation closes

Ok. Will you make a separate voting-thread or will you update this one?

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Ok. Will you make a separate voting-thread or will you update this one?
I`ll update this one...i`ll also ask a mod to delete all posts, but the OP to make room for voting so nothing gets cluttered, because we`re already at 12 pages xD

ladyleonhart
08-19-2013, 09:43 PM
I've actually never uploaded a video to be hosted anywhere before. :nonchalance: Then, advice is very welcome. Thanks.

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 09:48 PM
I've actually never uploaded a video to be hosted anywhere before. :nonchalance: Then, advice is very welcome. Thanks.
I don`t have much experience with Copyright rules on YT :|

ladyleonhart
08-19-2013, 10:01 PM
I don`t have much experience with Copyright rules on YT :|

Okay. Thanks anyway. I guess it can wait. :P

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Okay. Thanks anyway. I guess it can wait. :P
I`m sorry D:

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 10:07 PM
I guess....just to give one piece of advice for those of you about to undertake some creative tasks:

Unless you don't really care all that much about your YT channel (where i assume most of the entries will be hosted), don't risk copyright strikes by trying to use copyrighted music in your trailers. A lot of the time, hunting for the perfect music track (that you are allowed to use) can be half the enjoyment of putting together a fan made trailer.

In any case, the above always applies, especially in recent weeks as YT cracks down hard on copyrighted material, especially music. Of course, if you are using a "throwaway" channel, then it won't matter too much.

Looking forward to the entries.
I recommend everyone who enters this competition remember this important advice. If you use copyrighted material from another source include it in the description or in the credits of your trailer. For example if you use Music composed and Created from a well known source make sure you quote where the song is from in the description or in the credits of your Trailer. This important to avoid copyright infringements on youtube.

If you use someone else's artwork or song ask for their permission before using the material in your trailers.

This is important! EscoBlades is right.

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 10:09 PM
I recommend everyone who enters this competition remember this important advice. If you use copyrighted material from another source include it in the description or in the credits of your trailer. For example if you use Music composed and Created from a well known source make sure you quote where the song is from in the description or in the credits of your Trailer. This important to avoid copyright infringements on youtube.

If you use someone else's artwork or song ask for their permission before using the material in your trailers.

should I put it n the OP?

ladyleonhart
08-19-2013, 10:10 PM
I`m sorry D:

No, don't apologise, M. It's really okay. I'm sure I can work it out later... and it's probably better left nearer the time.

I SHOULD really be studying, but I'm just not making much progress right now. :nonchalance: So I thought I'd take a break.

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 10:11 PM
should I put it n the OP?
Yes please, put EscoBlades post and my post as quotes in the OP, because they are important rules to remember. We don't want anyone to infringe copyright laws.

ladyleonhart
08-19-2013, 10:12 PM

So you can use a movie score as long as you put a disclaimer and explain who it belongs to...??

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Yes you must because the composed movie score doesn't belong to you, it would be seen as plagiarism or to make profit from an artwork/musical score that it's yours is plagiarism. It's best to state where you got the music and or art from in the credits of your trailer. This is much like Harvard Referencing.

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Thanks M, but also can you please put these quotes as an F.A,Q. and answer in the OP as well it's valuable advice also. Thank you. :)

ladyleonhart
08-19-2013, 10:20 PM

Thanks. :) I do always tend to reference absolutely everything. A habit I picked up from studying. I also do use disclaimers for fan fiction too. Then, I've just never posted a video on YouTube before. Then from EscoBlades' post, I thought he meant that we can't use a copyrighted track at all, even if we acknowledge it. That's why I was kind of confused. Thank you for explaining. ^_^

Assassin_M
08-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks M, but also can you please put these quotes as an F.A,Q. and answer in the OP as well it's valuable advice also. Thank you. :)
done...will add more if the need arises

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Thanks. :) I do always tend to reference absolutely everything. A habit I picked up from studying. I also do use disclaimers for fan fiction too. Then, I've just never posted a video on YouTube before. Then from EscoBlades' post, I thought he meant that we can't use a copyrighted track at all, even if we acknowledge it. That's why I was kind of confused. Thank you for explaining. ^_^
You're Very Welcome my friend. :) I'm the same with referencing, I got a first on my project of copyright laws as part of my Dissertation Module, with my Film MA. I'm starting back next month. The thing with university, everything seems to apply in life lol. So it's important, overall.

Disclaimers are important in Creative Commerce, because all the artistic world, entertainment & music industries all borrow from each other and this is were copyright laws are important.

done...will add more if the need arises
Thank you, I appreciate it. It also helps us fellow fans to know to those who enter just to keep safe from the laws of the world.

superkootje
08-20-2013, 12:05 PM
You can avoid the copyright claims though.
I found out that if you slightly alter the track, let's say adjust the pitch and play with the equalizer a little bit, then youtube won't recognize the song.
Thus you will not get a copyright claim.

EscoBlades
08-20-2013, 12:19 PM
You can avoid the copyright claims though.
I found out that if you slightly alter the track, let's say adjust the pitch and play with the equalizer a little bit, then youtube won't recognize the song.
Thus you will not get a copyright claim.

You can try all sorts of tricks if you want. At the end of the day, Content ID on youtube is pretty robust (for better or worse in some cases)
Secondly, many copyright holders employ people who trawl Youtube specifically looking for cases of infringement. Obviously no one here should be advocating trying to dodge copyright illegally (yes it is a legal matter a lot of the time)

Totally up to you, my advice was just to exercise caution. There are plenty of epic tracks from unknown or small time musicians that you can use on an affordable license, royalty free or via Creative Commons with attribution.

White24Room
08-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Does it begin tomorrow ? :)

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 05:41 AM
OP updated....So far, Escappa and Clement submitted their entries and they have been attached to their names...

Does it begin tomorrow ? :)
It has officially started yes

White24Room
08-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Cool :)

menumaxibestof
08-21-2013, 05:53 PM
4. You can use ALL available AC IV media, but ONLY AC IV media.

Maybe a silly question, but just to be sure : considering there will certainly be some new trailers published between now and october, are we allowed to use those ? Let's say a new trailer appears on October 10th, can I use it ?

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Yes...right now there`s TONS of AC IV media, so it wont be unfair if someone chooses to submit his/her video now and a new trailer pops up afterwards....either way, you only have 3 minutes to utilize, so...also, it was a pretty good question actually..

If anyone is against this, please contact me via PM and we`ll talk about it...

catkiller97
08-21-2013, 06:13 PM
It will be pretty unfair as 2 guys have already submitted there videos so this rule should be there that we can use only media that released before gamescom.

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 06:16 PM
It will be pretty unfair as 2 guys have already submitted there videos so this rule should be there that we can use only media that released before gamescom.
Like I said, it`s not unfair because we already have tons of videos and trailers.....it`s not like more videos means anything anyway...there`s only so much anyone can fit in into a 3 minutes or less video...

Farlander1991
08-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Like I said, it`s not unfair because we already have tons of videos and trailers.....it`s not like more videos means anything anyway...there`s only so much anyone can fit in into a 3 minutes or less video...

Well, it depends, I have my doubts if I'll have enough footage for my 2 minute video >_<

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Well, it depends, I have my doubts if I'll have enough footage for my 2 minute video >_<
You have 10 videos of gameplays and trailers 0_o

Last year we only had 4 videos

superkootje
08-21-2013, 06:28 PM
The video i posted is not my actual submission...

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 06:30 PM
The video i posted is not my actual submission...
I know, I didn't attach it to your name

Farlander1991
08-21-2013, 06:33 PM
You have 10 videos of gameplays and trailers 0_o

Last year we only had 4 videos

Yeah, well, I need videos without interface, since the cropping on videos with interface has to be too big. And I don't want to use too much CGI footage. And even though we have like, five of those, may not be enough.

Gameplay Premiere
Under the Black Flag
E3 Gameplay Demo
Horizon
A Pirate's Life

Did I miss anything? (not counting the Stealth and Naval walkthroughs with little pieces without interface)

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Yeah, well, I need videos without interface, since the cropping on videos with interface has to be too big. And I don't want to use too much CGI footage. And even though we have like, five of those, may not be enough.

Gameplay Premiere
Under the Black Flag
E3 Gameplay Demo
Horizon
A Pirate's Life

Did I miss anything? (not counting the Stealth and Naval walkthroughs with little pieces without interface)
Hmm...then that would`v left AC III last year with just 3 videos (since one of those was the E3 gameplay and it was UI heavy too)

Oh goddammit I hate decision making >_< and to me, it sounds like it WOULD be unfair to eliminate anything AFTER gamescom...I`ll put this rule on hold for now then..

Escappa
08-21-2013, 07:28 PM
The rule about only media from AC4 wasn't there at the time I did my video, so I have used like five seconds or something from a trailer for AC3: Liberarion. Should I fix that with new footage and repost?

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:30 PM
The rule about only media from AC4 wasn't there at the time I did my video, so I have used like five seconds or something from a trailer for AC3: Liberarion. Should I fix that with new footage and repost?
Really?? I actually never noticed when I watched it...Yes, please..i`m sorry for not posting the rule earlier

Escappa
08-21-2013, 07:33 PM
The Abstergo/Animus-Logo in the beginning ;)
But I'll replace that with an Ubisoft-logo or something and repost it tonight or tomorrow :p

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:37 PM
The Abstergo/Animus-Logo in the beginning ;)
But I'll replace that with an Ubisoft-logo or something and repost it tonight or tomorrow :p
wowowowow that`s alright

I thought there was some bigger footage from Liberation, man..i`v been watching for the video for like 10 minutes now to see what you were talking about..

Escappa
08-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Haha ok :p

But the does the voting begin on release or end on release?

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Haha ok :p

But the does the voting begin on release or end on release?
Video submissions end on Oct 15th...voting will open the next day

ladyleonhart
08-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Does the ratio of the video matter...? I'm referring to standard (4:3) and widescreen (16:9).

It's probably a silly question, but just making sure. ;)

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 08:41 PM

It's probably a silly question, but just making sure. ;)
Questions are always good and no, ratio doesn't matter...as long as the video is watchable, nothing else matters..

BBJordo
08-22-2013, 09:13 PM
I think we should be able to use any additional footage that appears simply for the sake of variety in the trailers. New footage won't mean a better made trailer. Just my 0.02c.

Escappa
08-23-2013, 12:48 AM
Even if it's too late for some of us, but wouldn't be better if the contestants PM you (M) the link to the trailer and you then wait until the 15th of October and post them all at the same time instead of posting them in the thread as soon they are done. Because people who makes their trailer later can watch the already submitted compitition and from that decide how they should make their own trailer in order to be uniqe and stuff like that. I'm just thinking that if no one knows what the others have done until deadline is over it would be a more fair competition. :p

Assassin_M
08-23-2013, 12:53 AM
Even if it's too late for some of us, but wouldn't be better if the contestants PM you (M) the link to the trailer and you then wait until the 15th of October and post them all at the same time instead of posting them in the thread as soon they are done. Because people who makes their trailer later can watch the already submitted compitition and from that decide how they should make their own trailer in order to be uniqe and stuff like that. I'm just thinking that if no one knows what the others have done until deadline is over it would be a more fair competition. :p
Hmm...I`ll look into that too, you have a point

ladyleonhart
08-23-2013, 01:07 AM

I agree with you. :) I actually thought the same thing too. Also, people may over-watch the earlier entries and get bored of them by the deadline too and just vote for something different rather than what they thought was good.

Assassin_M
08-23-2013, 01:13 AM

I agree with you. :) I actually thought the same thing too. Also, people may over-watch the earlier entries and get bored of them by the deadline too and just vote for something different rather than what they thought was good.

I`m convinced...OP updated

Assassin_M
08-27-2013, 10:50 PM
OP updated

White24Room
09-04-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm making another trailer ;)

Assassin_M
09-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Why am I not receiving any videos :|

I know we're all busy and I wasn't on for a few days, but hey....chop chop...ALL OF YOU

whoever has a video, send it to me via PM

Enjoy College/School :|

Shahkulu101
09-09-2013, 06:40 PM

I know we're all busy and I wasn't on for a few days, but hey....chop chop...ALL OF YOU

Our majesty hath returned!

Assassin_M
09-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Our majesty hath returned!

Just for a little while...there's a seven hour break and I finished all of my assignments for today....I've basically nothing better to do :|

Shahkulu101
09-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Just for a little while...there's a seven hour break and I finished all of my assignments for today....I've basically nothing better to do :|

:(

Assassin_M
09-09-2013, 06:44 PM
:(

You can revel in the thought of knowing that I'm speaking to you from the college library....everyone can see you.....say Hi

Shahkulu101
09-09-2013, 06:49 PM
You can revel in the thought of knowing that I'm speaking to you from the college library....everyone can see you.....say Hi

Hello e'rrybody in M's library. How's your coffee?

ladyleonhart
09-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Will the videos be anonymous...? Or is this a popularity contest...?

Assassin_M
09-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Will the videos be anonymous...? Or is this a popularity contest...?

Anonymous ;)

and if anyone says that a certain video belongs to them, they'll be disqualified :|

ladyleonhart
09-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Anonymous ;)

and if anyone says that a certain video belongs to them, they'll be disqualified :|

Okay. Thank you. :)

catkiller97
09-13-2013, 07:30 AM
I am extremely sorry i won't be able to participate in this contest.I am taking my name back i thought my work would have been over by this month end but it seems it will take few more months as you guys might have notice i am highly inactive these days.

menumaxibestof
09-13-2013, 10:21 AM

You won't receive mine before October. I don't want to post it on Youtube too much in advance... ;)

Farlander1991
09-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Wait, so we have to create a separate YouTube channel for the video or smth for it to remain anonymous?

Assassin_M
09-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Wait, so we have to create a separate YouTube channel for the video or smth for it to remain anonymous?
If the YT channel is the same as your username here then........yes please? xP

You won't receive mine before October. I don't want to post it on Youtube too much in advance... ;)
Alright then, as long as you're still in this xD

I am extremely sorry i won't be able to participate in this contest.I am taking my name back i thought my work would have been over by this month end but it seems it will take few more months as you guys might have notice i am highly inactive these days.
Okay...I'll remove your name :|

AdamPearce
09-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Looks real fun, I'd love to participate, only problem is, my PC having though problem with Sony Vegas, so I don't know if I'd be able to do it. However, I'll tell you if I'm alright.

I already have the music + clips + half of the image in my head :3

Assassin_M
09-14-2013, 12:50 AM
Looks real fun, I'd love to participate, only problem is, my PC having though problem with Sony Vegas, so I don't know if I'd be able to do it. However, I'll tell you if I'm alright.

I already have the music + clips + half of the image in my head :3
Yeah Uhhmmm......Participation is closed now >_>

or....maybe you can replace Catkiller <_<

crap I hate decisions >_<

AdamPearce
09-14-2013, 01:04 AM
Well, when should I submit my vid'?

AdamPearce
09-14-2013, 01:40 AM
I have a question, the link you gave in the first page, it contains only the footage before 27 August or I have to select the good ones?

pirate1802
09-14-2013, 05:23 AM
Dis gon be gud

Assassin_M
09-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Well, when should I submit my vid'?
Okay, so...you can enter >_>

and you can only use footage released till gamescom 2013..anything after that is off limits.

confirm with me so I can add your name

ladyleonhart
09-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Btw... are you going to add the anonymity thing to the OP...? I noticed it wasn't there. Otherwise some members may not know about it and it won't be fair to disqualify them if they know nothing about it in the first place.

Assassin_M
09-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Btw... are you going to add the anonymity thing to the OP...? I noticed it wasn't there. Otherwise some members may not know about it and it won't be fair to disqualify them if they know nothing about it in the first place.
Oh yeah I should do that, thanks for reminding me xD

It wont be too much trouble, though since everyone is supposed to send me their videos via PMs.

ladyleonhart
09-15-2013, 01:35 AM
Oh yeah I should do that, thanks for reminding me xD

It wont be too much trouble, though since everyone is supposed to send me their videos via PMs.

That's okay. :)

Actually, it might if the hosting sites where they post their videos have their forum usernames. :P

Assassin_M
09-15-2013, 01:37 AM
That's okay. :)

Actually, it might if the hosting sites where they post their videos have their forum usernames. :P
Yeah, I told Farlander that he MIGHT need to make a new channel, but....maybe I should make ONE channel and upload all the videos on it myself.

ladyleonhart
09-15-2013, 01:38 AM
Yeah, I told Farlander that he MIGHT need to make a new channel, but....maybe I should make ONE channel and upload all the videos on it myself.

Would you...? That would certainly make it easier for me. :o

Assassin_M
09-15-2013, 01:40 AM
Would you...? That would certainly make it easier for me. :o
I'll probably do that then...easier for everyone xD

ladyleonhart
09-15-2013, 01:50 AM
I'll probably do that then...easier for everyone xD

Lol, I just meant I don't have an account for anything like that. :P Although, maybe it's time I looked into that.

Well... thank you anyway.

menumaxibestof
09-15-2013, 11:13 AM

If you choose to do it this way, then you will receive my video very soon. I've finished it three days ago, it's just waiting to be uploaded on YT or MEGA, depending on what you decide. I just didn't want to post it on YT too early and take the risk that someone sees it before the opening of the votes.

Farlander1991
09-15-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure I'll be able to finish my vid before the deadline. It's like only 30% done and I'm not having a lot of time to work on it :-/ My simple and awesome idea turned out not to be so simple after all.

superkootje
09-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Ah man, im too lazy to make another vid :P

Ill just use my last one.

Assassin_M
10-14-2013, 04:25 AM
I'm moving the deadline till the end of October, you busy fratters D:

Assassin_M
10-15-2013, 10:22 PM
did anyone even bother looking at this? D:

Toa TAK
10-15-2013, 10:57 PM
I did. :P

You might wanna update the thread, though.

Assassin_M
10-30-2013, 04:50 PM
You all have till tomorrow to submit your videos...I'll kill the cat...I'll do it...I'LL DO IT D:

Assassin_M
11-01-2013, 11:27 PM
So the submissions are closed now....I'll post the videos sometime after the weekend.

The amount of submissions is underwhelming to say the least and the reason I didn't cancel this is because the others who put work and time on their videos deserve to have them shown to everybody.

You all disappoint me :|

menumaxibestof
11-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Still no thread for the videos... When are you planning to post it M ? Even if I'm disappointed by what you said (is the amount of submissions that low ??), I'm still curious to see the work of the participants.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Still no thread for the videos... When are you planning to post it M ? Even if I'm disappointed by what you said (is the amount of submissions that low ??), I'm still curious to see the work of the participants.
it is pretty low, but I respect the work done by them, so i'll post everything when the AC IV craze dies a bit so the videos actually have a chance to be watched.

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 07:13 PM
I've been really busy since this past month, I'l try to create a trailer next week (hopefully)

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 07:23 PM
I've been really busy since this past month, I'l try to create a trailer next week (hopefully)
Well, submissions are close, BUT...since I have a low number of vids here....I'll make exceptions :|

I'll update the OP saying that late submissions are open till next week.