PDA

View Full Version : Menu Does Not Work For Me in Assassins Creed 3

ChiefRedCloud
08-18-2013, 07:15 PM
I've just finished Brotherhood and Revelations catching up on my AC series and now I've installed 3 (yesterday) via steam. Everything seemed to be going well till I got to the menu where you select Single, Multiplay DLC, Options, or Exit to Desktop. I can not select anything but exit to desk top. I've tried keys (on keyboard) I've tried the mouse and arrow. Nothing works. Any ideas?I have a PC and it's well within the requirements for the game. I've tried the part where you have Steam check the files and it seemed to come back fine. So I guess I will uninstall it and try re installing it. http://imageshack.us/a/img17/5532/n2v6.jpg

ChiefRedCloud
08-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Update .... did another integrity check via Steam and it found one file that needed correcting. Still menu will not work for me. I see where the scroll wheel of my mouse is suppose to scroll down the menu but does not. I am also unable to click on anything but EXIT TO DESKTOP. So I uninstalled it and did a L O N G reinstall to a different location. Cracked it up and still no way to access the menu except EXIT TO DESKTOP. So unless SUPPORT (yes I did send a ticket off) or one of you have a magical solution here, I've got a game that will not work simply because the menu is bungeed. I have played them all up till now and had looked forward to it (still do IF I can get this straight) but it escapes me if you have a working menu, why change it? Three key strokes in Revelation and I was in my game. Here, I can not even access the game.

One last word ...... HELP!

YazX_
08-18-2013, 10:19 PM
This might happen if your monitor refresh rate is lower than refresh rate set in the game or vice versa especially on resolution 2560 x 1440 and higher, it happened to me in other games. can you post your monitor size, resolution, refresh rate, video card model, operating system,.....?

ChiefRedCloud
08-19-2013, 07:51 PM
1920x1200 60Hz and I've run ALL the AC so far at this setting. Video card Nvidia GTX 560 w/2 gigs memory overclocked in factory. Monitor is a 26 inch wide screen. Operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm running an Intel i7 920 quad core at stock 2.67 GHz I also have 6 gigs of motherboard ram.

I just finished playing Brotherhood and Revelations .....

ChiefRedCloud
08-19-2013, 09:56 PM
This is what fixed it for me ...... I located this tip in my Steam Help for this game and used it and now the MENU is working ...

..\Steamapps\Common\Assassin's Creed 3\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe

All I did was run the DXSETUP.exe and then it worked. Make sure your out of Steam completely when you do.