PDA

View Full Version : i am the real life desmond miles, only our family name was never lost to history....

DeadboyMunster
08-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Hello all,

i am curious to talk to people who are also history buffs. i hate to be that guy but i never really played many video games. last month something startling happened to me though. i was online ordering a book based on my geneology and tracing my last name ( MALAK ) and in my search bar appeared assassins creed, immediately wondering what this was all about i looked up all the ingame movies and tried watching all the cut scenes, as a movie but was left a little wanting, forgetting all about this i went back to my ancestry.com account and continued my research into when my family left the middle east and settled in eastern europe, turkey, and morrocco.

Shortly thereafter a book arrived in the mail for me called the ismailil assassins a secret sect in islam. inside these pages and the many other books i have been recently collecting is a wealth of history on the actual assassins, some of which bear my last name in various forms throughout the ages and dissemenation of our tribe the maliki, or what would later become the afghan people. famous members of my immediate family line include, malikisha, a known assassin and former ruler in the holy land at the time and era the first game is set in. famous other ancensters of my line also include malak afgana grandson to king saul and builder of the dome of the rock in jerusalem as well as the original builder of king solomons temple which i was to later find out in my research became the base for the templar knights.

Having traced my lineage throughout the crusades i then found my family line spreading with early muslim european migration shortly after 1256 only to reappear in bucharest,poland, india, syria, turkey, and morrocco, where there are still many villages and castles that bear my last name. honestly my father was not the most thrilled about my findings seeing as how he is both a lawyer and a christian, but slowly but surely he has begun helping me trace the family line after the 1300s where apparently our particular line was granted lands and holdings in exchange for ongoing service to the polish and austrian kings to combat their war against the teutonic knights of prussia.

i dont know especially why i am posting this here other that wondering if ubisoft of even any fans of the game would love to get the actual story correct and have a real life modern tie to the ismaili assassins, there was no altair, there was no ezio alditore, but there is and hopefully will continue to be the family line of malak tromping around both america, eastern europe, as well as the middle east. complete with tombs, and crypts to the most famous of our line.

As far as the 3rd assassins creed goes at least in my family line that one appears to be actually feasible in our history too as my great grandmother was born on a sioux reservation, when her family was killed crossing the great plains in a covered wagon, during the late 1800s. taking in my wounded great great grandmother they cared for her on the reservation until she gave birth unfortunately she died shortly thereafter and the sioux continued to raise my great grandmother in the old ways teaching her many native american crafts and arts, before she was finally picked up and brought back to settler society being one of the first women to garner teaching degrees in the early 1900s.

She is not of the line of malak, nor would she become part of it until her daughter laura jean would marry one who was a recent immigrant to the california territory and a pioneering lighting man actually employee number 3 at universal studios. the rest of our modern history is not as exciting as our ancient history but my father did manage to earn the key to the city of san diego as well as being one of the lawyers who negotiated and planned the entire metro redline in california, as for me well, i ride motorbikes, collect tattoos, skate vert ramps and have always been a little more than curious about our family's secretive nature and my uncanny sense of balance and absolute fearlessness at heights of over 3 stories.

The next step in this story is about to conclude as well since my father in his recent enthusiasm has ordered ancestral dna testing for both he and i to verify other than on historical documentation that we are of the same line as the ancient assassins, and if the us travel commission ever takes the high warnings off travel to gaza strip and the middle east i fully intend to see the ancient crypts and hear the stories from locals regarding our family line. ive backpacked all throughout europe but never to the middle east.

Soooo ubisoft if you feel like getting it right and not writing historical fiction any longer please get in contact with me or for christs sake look up the actual assassin line, not just make up historical innaccuracies. i truly hope the film about to be made can be more along the factual lines. and if nothing else id love to help consult on what is real and what is false in their games.... ciao for now kittens and cads, thank god theres no such thing as the real annimus i doubt im ready for genetic memory training... although sometimes it peeks through when you least expect it.....

DeadboyMunster
08-18-2013, 03:39 PM
also the 3rd assassins creed has some further bearing for me as well seeing as how on my mothers side of the family she is of the sheean clan who were amongst the original soldiers to fight with washington at valley forge, she is still listed in the daughters of the american revolution... soooo theres that...

DeadboyMunster
08-18-2013, 03:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malik-Shah_I http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Malak_Afghana.jpg

stingray110
08-18-2013, 03:48 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130711132208/mk/images/2/25/Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

MRsmith1994
08-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Too long did not read

DeadboyMunster
08-18-2013, 06:48 PM
sooo you got 90 hours on average of attention span for a fictionalized account and not 5 minutes for the facts... sigh...

DeadboyMunster
08-18-2013, 07:36 PM
i'll keep anyone curious enough updated if i find any malak or malik pirates when i get to the 1500s might as well... check it out... too bad we never made it to italy the vatican is gorgeous but a lil creeptastic that they stole all the pagan statues from the historic sites and recatogrized them as churches during the crusades, such is what i would discover last year on my trip to the pantheon which was converted in 1098.... lame

DeadboyMunster
08-18-2013, 07:43 PM
annnnnd here we go again... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy_in_the_Strait_of_Malacca http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Malacca

DeadboyMunster
08-18-2013, 08:41 PM
any curious gamers with a little inititave can really just type MALAK into google maps to see the migratory routes of the original islamic expansion and find historical sites if they want to know more..annnnd of course there's this final nail in the coffin for the real life basis of assassins creed.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azrael

MRsmith1994
08-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Uh can you stop please this is the MULTIPLAYER forums bud im not trying to be an *** but can you take that to the single player forums ?

adventurewomen
08-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Well that was surprising read. :p

Black_Widow9
08-19-2013, 12:14 AM
sooo you got 90 hours on average of attention span for a fictionalized account and not 5 minutes for the facts... sigh...
You have to understand that this is the Internet so people are naturally extremely skeptical. Also if you go through your OP and use paragraphs more people may be inclined to actually read what you wrote. ;)

Jexx21
08-19-2013, 12:45 AM
Use paragraphs, your writing form is atrocious.

Also, Assassin's Creed doesn't claim to be accurate at all. It's a fictional story based on real events and groups, but the Assassins as a group do not exist anymore. Also, this is just a lore-based correction, but Altair, Ezio, and Connor are not related to each other by blood. The point of Desmond Miles is that the lineage of a lot of skilled people flow into him, not that he's the sole heir to a long lineage of skilled people.

Insulting others is also not going to help, and Ubisoft probably already had people who studied the Ismaili Assassins working for them when they were creating Assassin's Creed 1.

DeadboyMunster
08-19-2013, 01:19 AM
tried putting it into paragraphs for people... i dont know how to move this post to a more appropriate forum, im not the best at blogs, alas. and i figured id find some skeptics here there and everywhere. I was just hoping to find any other history buffs who are fans of this game where apparently my family line plays ( haha ) an integral part in whatever factual history is floating around in a few of the games. there are also towns named after my family in bucharest and turkey sooo i gather the later ezio game people keep telling me about could work in with that history

Jexx21
08-19-2013, 01:21 AM
Actually no, Assassin's Creed doesn't follow the actual history of the Assassins and doesn't even aim to.

They aim to follow historical accuracy in other things, but not the actual Assassin order.

As for Revelations, no, because Ezio isn't descended from a member of the original Ismaili sect.

DeadboyMunster
08-19-2013, 01:30 AM
oh ok... my lack of knowledge of the games is peeking out... sooo the characters in the game arent related to the ismaili assassin sect? then why do they all wear the traditional uniform of the ismaili etc... maybe its time to buy a gaming console... or are these games available for mac? i dont know if i can really dedicate the time to trying to pass level after level indoors when there is such a giant world out there to explore....but might be worth a try, whenever i look up assassins creed online it shows me all these videos about how historically accurate they are and how they use real life names and places... are they just using facts to facilitate their story or is their any grains of truth in there...?

Raibuscus
08-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Well, Altair was the only one that was related to the sect and since then it stopped :/

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 01:40 AM
oh ok... my lack of knowledge of the games is peeking out... sooo the characters in the game arent related to the ismaili assassin sect? then why do they all wear the traditional uniform of the ismaili etc... maybe its time to buy a gaming console... or are these games available for mac? i dont know if i can really dedicate the time to trying to pass level after level indoors when there is such a giant world out there to explore....but might be worth a try, whenever i look up assassins creed online it shows me all these videos about how historically accurate they are and how they use real life names and places... are they just using facts to facilitate their story or is their any grains of truth in there...?
Please use paragraphs, your typing is hard to read.

Jexx21
08-19-2013, 01:43 AM

Because the Assassin order was spread through out the land and employed a lot of new people. But the Assassins in the game are also not actually an Islamic sect, they just originate from one. The games are available on PC and Consoles, but not Mac. Facts and grains of truth are the same thing. They put the story of the struggle between the fictional versions of the Assassins and the Templars in a historical setting and they generally try to stay true to history.

History isn't technically the truth by the way, it's just what we have recorded down.

ctuagent15
08-19-2013, 01:59 AM
maybe its time to buy a gaming console... or are these games available for mac? i dont know if i can really dedicate the time to trying to pass level after level indoors when there is such a giant world out there to explore....

This sounds a bit like something a troll would say, not that I'm saying you are one, just in future be careful not to write something that could be mistaken as you taking the Mick out of our hobby

DeadboyMunster
08-19-2013, 02:06 AM
apologies, i just got my brother to order it for me in the playstation network... sooo i guess ive become a gamer now... and im sure i'll be stuck in these forums looking for help shortly thereafter... in between reading books and traveling

DeadboyMunster
08-19-2013, 02:08 AM
also i dont know what a troll is but it doesnt sound very good sooooo hopefully actually ordering and trying to figure out the game that is ever so loosely based on our family line... goes a little way towards helping at least identify if not help become a part of this particular fan base and scene?

DeadboyMunster
08-19-2013, 02:15 AM
i also am waiting for the first of the assassins creed books to come thru amazon, does anyone know if those are just rehashes of the games or original stories or what... i guess its been fun fan fiction for me to check this gaming title out when im stuck in research for hours on end... but now its about to swap and itll be hours of gaming on end

ctuagent15
08-19-2013, 02:28 AM
Well if you're going to be joining this forum then its best you learn what a troll is, heres the wiki page on internet trolls http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

As for the books, some are based on the games and some are original story's

DeadboyMunster
08-19-2013, 03:31 AM
Well if you're going to be joining this forum then its best you learn what a troll is, heres the wiki page on internet trolls http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

As for the books, some are based on the games and some are original story's

I'm not trying to sew discord or provoke an emotional response just more trying to figure out what if anything in these games is relevent to my research into my family line... i guess the only way to be part of this scene is to play these games though. i'll try and be more considerate of gamers feelings then? i guess? does that work?

Jack-Reacher
08-19-2013, 04:58 AM
No, it doesn't. Gamers do not have feelings, instead we have developed things called Isotips. These Isotips are inserted deep into out spinal cords so that we can see between the spaces. The spaces are all there is, its no hard feelings.

pirate1802
08-19-2013, 05:16 AM
..I don't thing any AC games or books actually claim to depict history as it happened, so they have no obligation to get their stories absolutely sacrosanct as far as real history goes. They are merely telling a fictional story using real events as pillars. Think of it like Da Vinci code. A piece of historical fiction rather than a documentary.

Jexx21
08-19-2013, 05:30 AM
pirate your sig is too generic

DeadboyMunster
08-19-2013, 07:54 AM
ummmm yeah video games seem to have gotten a whole lot harder since super nintendo, or more immersive idk but theres alot more buttons on this controller... this is gonna take some time isnt it... ugggg

pirate1802
08-19-2013, 08:10 AM
pirate your sig is too generic

You are too generic

Jexx21
08-19-2013, 08:22 AM
i'm a white person, of course I'm generic

adventurewomen
08-19-2013, 09:36 AM
To the OP, have you considered that everything you mentioned here can just be a coincidence, since you're so compelled to research.

Jack-Reacher
08-19-2013, 10:04 AM
I would have thought my presence would have given people here another layer of skin. The way he talks is just too absurd, its like he has been living under a rock. Also who buys a console and suddenly becomes a gamer just like that simply because of some random search frenzy that was probably induced by some dopamine trip? Either he is taking the piss, or is just.... lol

pacmanate
08-19-2013, 11:49 AM
uh can you stop please this is the multiplayer forums bud im not trying to be an *** but can you take that to the single player forums ?

oh thanks!!

ze_topazio
08-19-2013, 04:53 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malik-Shah_I http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Malak_Afghana.jpg

Would love a game in the Malacca in the final days of the Sultanate and the eventual Portuguese invasion.

..I don't thing any AC games or books actually claim to depict history as it happened, so they have no obligation to get their stories absolutely sacrosanct as far as real history goes. They are merely telling a fictional story using real events as pillars. Think of it like Da Vinci code. A piece of historical fiction rather than a documentary.

I still remember back in the days when everybody thought it was real, everybody believing the Templars still existed, shady organizations were real, the Opus Dei were a bunch of gangsters, and Christians going like "omg i have been fooled all my life" and stuff like that. :D

DeadboyMunster
08-21-2013, 06:52 PM
i dont and havent been living under a rock, i actually live in hwood, annnnd, im just not a kid, im 33 soooo for me video games were a totally different side scrolling realm, and well someone with a steady income can go drop 2 bills on a used system for 2 bills and call his little brother to figure out how to hook it up to the interwebs. i also try and make it a point to leave the us and travel to various locations abroad at least once a year... which i think all americans truly should sooo i have a fair bit of experience on how the world at large works... as far as foreign culture how to adapt to that when u are not a native speaker etc, also i have a bachelors degree in cinema and a minor in history from columbia sooooo im not the a typical gamer i just found it interesting when i typed my family name into google instead of ancestry or geneology.com soooo thats how i got exposed to the game... i mean its pretty small viewed to think that people of intellect and ancient bloodlines dont follow through to this day im sure you in your own bloodlines have a wealth of rich historical figures and amazing stories just waiting to be unlocked, the story of the assassins sect just happens to be mine and you appear to be fans of a game based originally on that particular ancestral line... i just wanted to find out more about it from the fans of the game to see if comparatively it struck a chord with the real history and let the real history as they say have its day in court with the fans of the fiction... and btw once u get the controls down these games doooo get addictive soooo, not as much as cigarettes but def not dopamine

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 06:54 PM
also i have a bachelors degree in cinema and a minor in history from columbia sooooo im not the a typical gamer
Maybe you didn't meant it, but that sounded asinine...

ze_topazio
08-21-2013, 07:31 PM
Didn't they teach you to use paragraphs in Columbia?

DeadboyMunster
08-21-2013, 07:31 PM
i know a few gamers who hold degrees but i assumed perhaps incorrectly that the majority of sales of video games in this country is by ages 10 to 18 just like network viewers on television yes an older more educated demographic also games but the majority of sales made by ubisoft and other game companies are made up of the youth market and demographic many of whom have not yet been able to obtain a bachelors degree, and with the way the economy and student loan reform has been going they may never get to which is tragic... is that asinine viewpoint or well worded thought process... yeah thats what i thought

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:35 PM
i know a few gamers who hold degrees but i assumed perhaps incorrectly that the majority of sales of video games in this country is by ages 10 to 18 just like network viewers on television yes an older more educated demographic also games but the majority of sales made by ubisoft and other game companies are made up of the youth market and demographic many of whom have not yet been able to obtain a bachelors degree, and with the way the economy and student loan reform has been going they may never get to which is tragic... is that asinine viewpoint or well worded thought process... yeah thats what i thought
http://www.esrb.org/about/video-game-industry-statistics.jsp

DeadboyMunster
08-21-2013, 07:37 PM
yes, they taught me paragraphs at columbia but not how to care about editing forum posts from my android phone to appease grammer nazis

Jexx21
08-21-2013, 07:38 PM
just stop while your ahead man..

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Actually according to statistics the average age of gamers is around 30 and the majority of gamers are in the 18 - 50 something age group.
Shh..I gave him da link >_>

DeadboyMunster
08-21-2013, 07:41 PM
wow once again surprised by video games it seems to be an ongoing phenomenon that adults are now the majority of gamers intersting, i wonder what percentage of those hold bachelors degrees vs dont, 30 percent of all americans hold any form of college degree overall according to latest statistics

Assassin_M
08-21-2013, 07:42 PM
wow once again surprised by video games it seems to be an ongoing phenomenon that adults are now the majority of gamers intersting, i wonder what percentage of those hold bachelors degrees vs dont, 30 percent of all americans hold any form of college degree overall according to latest statistics
maybe all 30% of them are gamers...

DeadboyMunster
08-21-2013, 07:42 PM
what percentage do u fall into university of phoenix?

ze_topazio
08-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Shh..I gave him da link >_>

I was writing my post when you posted yours, after seeing yours i tried to edit mine and end up deleting it by mistake. :D

DeadboyMunster
08-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Figured i'd throw up some titles that i've been reading as of late if anyone else wants to read up on the assassins, their practices, beliefs, and the historical context that their rise was a direct reaction to....
1. http://www.amazon.com/ISMAILI-ASSASSINS-THE-History-Medieval/dp/1848325053 the ismaili assassins a secrect sect in islam
2.http://www.amazon.com/The-Crusades-Through-Arab-Eyes/dp/0805208984 the crusades through arab eyes
3.http://www.amazon.com/History-Christian-Muslim-Relations-Hugh-Goddard/dp/1566633400 a history of christian muslim relations
4. http://www.amazon.com/The-Assassins-Bernard-Lewis/dp/0465004989/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_cp_11_5D43?ie=UTF8&refRID=1D71PXG8X4SHEQ1GDCQB the assassins.... ( although this text has been recently swept aside due to many contempories using it to try and tie the ancient assassins to modern al queda it is still full of quite a bit of information if you can weed through the slighted viewpoints )

DomdudeDaGreat
08-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Not only do i find this crap about your family hard to believe without evidence, but AC is supposed to be fiction. The assassin order died in the 12th century. So the franchise would have ended after the first game if it was at all accurate. Also this stuff about you being the real desmond makes u look a bit like an ***...

D.I.D.
08-25-2013, 11:36 AM
It's a mistake to look at ancestry as a line, especially when looking at a thousand years. People talk about "lines" as though there was a baton-swap of genetics going on. It is meaningless. You share nothing significant with your ancestors of centuries ago. Genetic spread across centuries is a dramatic dilution, and family names are unimportant. Indeed, if you look at the actual spread of familial relationships over that time, to study a person from 1000AD and look for their descendants today is to look at millions, or even billions, of related people. On top of that, you are looking at all these generations and assuming there are no mistakes in the record, that nobody was adopted into the family, that nobody falsified their identity.

Also, "assassin" was a job. Sure, a job that people took very seriously, but still, a job. It's not a calling, or something for which a person has a genetic predisposition.

pirate1802
08-25-2013, 11:38 AM
It's a mistake to look at ancestry as a line, especially when looking at a thousand years. People talk about "lines" as though there was a baton-swap of genetics going on. It is meaningless. You share nothing significant with your ancestors of centuries ago. Genetic spread across centuries is a dramatic dilution, and family names are unimportant. Indeed, if you look at the actual spread of familial relationships over that time, to study a person from 1000AD and look for their descendants today is to look at millions, or even billions, of related people. On top of that, you are looking at all these generations and assuming there are no mistakes in the record, that nobody was adopted into the family, that nobody falsified their identity.

Also, "assassin" was a job. Sure, a job that people took very seriously, but still, a job. It's not a calling, or something for which a person has a genetic predisposition.

Well said.

roostersrule2
08-25-2013, 11:57 AM
I believe you.

IceHot100
08-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Actually no, Assassin's Creed doesn't follow the actual history of the Assassins and doesn't even aim to.

They aim to follow historical accuracy in other things, but not the actual Assassin order.

As for Revelations, no, because Ezio isn't descended from a member of the original Ismaili sect.

Have you even played the first Assassin's Creed?

itsamea-mario
08-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Have you even played the first Assassin's Creed?

It's not exactly accurate dude.

roostersrule2
08-27-2013, 10:18 AM
It's not exactly accurate dude.It's more accurate then Alfred.

pacmanate
08-27-2013, 02:07 PM
It's more accurate then Alfred.

Can we please not talk about Batman

roostersrule2
08-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Can we please not talk about BatmanBut I loves Batman.

Ultima Powers 7
08-27-2013, 02:38 PM
I am the Second Life Barack Obama.

roostersrule2
08-27-2013, 02:39 PM
I am the Second Life Barack Obama.SWEAR TO ME!!!!!! Mr Obama.

AjinkyaParuleka
08-28-2013, 05:11 PM
You didn't save the world,your arguement is invalid.