PDA

View Full Version : What you may have missed in the havana/stealth demo

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 01:50 AM
Hi! This is my second "what you may have missed" thread. This one is about all the things you might have missed in the most recent havana/stealth demo. ENJOY

1. Kingston area also has a small island town in the background, across the bay, seen at 0:14

2.manuscripts are in the game, and may function like the almanac pages in AC3, but this is only my speculation.

3. When an enemy is investigating a body, the assassin icon turns yellow. Also, a yellow meter appears above the enemies' heads, and slowly deplete, likely representing how much time they will spend investigating before returning to their posts, helping aid you in planning your movements

4. The stages of detection are similar to AC1: when the assassin icon is grey, you are not seen by guards. If it turns yellow, that means the guards are suspicious and/or investigating. If the icon turns into a yellow eye, it means they are looking for you, but have lost sight of you. If it is red, they are in attack mode.

5. While the cities require a loading time, it appears that the city area includes a "bay" area where you can use your ship. So, you still can hop out of your ship and swim to the city, without a loading screen.

6. The minimap in havana consists of icons for: flower (presumably courtesans) shanties, chests, animus fragments, fast travel points, viewpoints, and gunners, on the rooftops.

7. Gun stats are separated into three different genres: damage, range, and stun.

8. At 5:24, there appears to be a structure of the right side of the screen, at the opposite side of the island. If that entire island contains the beach, jungle, village, AND small structure in distance, then these locations can be HUGE.

9. At 6:19, at the corner of the minimap, there is a small yellow dot....yeah. I have no idea what that could be, so come up with your own speculations.

Thanks for reading! Hope this was somewhat informative.

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 01:54 AM
you also missed *****es. lots and lots of *****es.

Zeusel111
08-17-2013, 01:54 AM
snip

Thanks for your compilation!

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 01:57 AM
Thanks for your compilation!

When did I say "snip"?

Zeusel111
08-17-2013, 02:00 AM
When did I say "snip"?

I didnt want to cluster the thread with the whole quote,so I "snipped" it.

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 02:06 AM
I didnt want to cluster the thread with the whole quote,so I "snipped" it.

Oh thanks :)

Shahkulu101
08-17-2013, 02:12 AM
I rather enjoyed the almanac pages, even though they made no sense because connor never even met Benjamin Franklin. So manuscripts would be something I'd like if their similar.

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 02:15 AM
I rather enjoyed the almanac pages, even though they made no sense because connor never even met Benjamin Franklin. So manuscripts would be something I'd like if their similar.

I hope that instead of just aesthetic inventions, the manuscripts actually craft something useful to the player

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 02:16 AM
One theory I've seen is that Connor actually met Franklin after the game and that's actually when he crafts all the inventions.

Shahkulu101
08-17-2013, 02:17 AM
I hope that instead of just aesthetic inventions, the manuscripts actually craft something useful to the player

That'd be nice, but it might the same concept but decorations for our ship instead.

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 02:21 AM
That'd be nice, but it might the same concept but decorations for our ship instead.

Probably

adventurewomen
08-17-2013, 02:24 AM
I'm not watching any gameplay videos tbh, I don't want any spoilers before I get a chance to play AC4.

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 02:25 AM
I'm not watching any gameplay videos tbh, I don't want any spoilers before I get a chance to play AC4.

There were not any spoilers in the havana gameplay. Other than that Templar being assassinated, but there were no plot details

TheDanteEX
08-17-2013, 04:04 AM
Are they still calling them Courtesans? Strange because they seem to be dressed a lot more appropriately. I guess that's a good thing for family-man Eddie. And no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to be able to make out what you mean with your first point about Kingston.

adventurewomen
08-17-2013, 04:11 AM
There were not any spoilers in the havana gameplay. Other than that Templar being assassinated, but there were no plot details
I'm just wary about seeing locations before I get to play the game, I'll watch the Havana gameplay then because the suspense is killing me - I'll have to give in.

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 04:15 AM
Are they still calling them Courtesans? Strange because they seem to be dressed a lot more appropriately. I guess that's a good thing for family-man Eddie. And no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to be able to make out what you mean with your first point about Kingston.

Pause at the time when I said. Then, if you look to the right of the screen, past Edward, past the jackdaw, then you can see another island with houses on it.

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 04:30 AM
Are you sure that's Kingston? It reminds me more of Nassau.

I-Like-Pie45
08-17-2013, 06:52 AM
You forget to mention that

IF YOU DO NOT GET THIS AMAZING NEW GENERATION OF ASSASSINATING PAST HERO MADNESS, YOU ARE STUPID! YES, I KNOW, THAT'S INSULTING, BUT IT'S ALSO THE TRUTH!

If you are a true video game fan, you will hesitate in the slightest bit to buy this remarkable piece of video game history.

LISTEN TO THE SOUNDTRACK IN STEREO, DUDE!

Farlander1991
08-17-2013, 07:02 AM
4. The stages of detection are similar to AC1: when the assassin icon is grey, you are not seen by guards. If it turns yellow, that means the guards are suspicious and/or investigating. If the icon turns into a yellow eye, it means they are looking for you, but have lost sight of you. If it is red, they are in attack mode.

As far as I noticed, detection works like this: hood icon is shown when guards don't see you, eye icon is shown when they see you. And the colour is the guard mode. So, when we've got a yellow eye, that means that they're suspicious and are looking at you, and where it's yellow hood, they've lost sight (you can see that when we break their PoS during the chase the icon transforms into a yellow hood). There were also moments when we can see the dis-coloured eye, which means that guards see us but everything is alright.

My guess is there also going to be a red hood mode when an alarm is sounded but we're not visible to the guards (in one short video on a Kingston plantation we disable the alarm, so we know it's there).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfFbmmsBfbU

LoyalACFan
08-17-2013, 07:22 AM
One theory I've seen is that Connor actually met Franklin after the game and that's actually when he crafts all the inventions.

He was at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, so he could have spoken with him there I guess. Either way the almanac pages didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Assassin_M
08-17-2013, 07:31 AM
He was at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, so he could have spoken with him there I guess. Either way the almanac pages didn't make a whole lot of sense.
"Mr Franklin?"
"Ah Connor?"
"What is that?"
"Oh that`s just my Almanac...it`s been missing a few pages.."
"Do you know where you last saw them?"
"It`s really no big deal, Connor"
"don`t worry. I`ll help you find it"
"Well, if you insist...check around Boston and New York. If you have the time of course"
"I will find them for you"
"Thank you, Connor"
"Reminds me of someone....maybe i`m imagining things heh"

Still wont make much sense 20 years later :|

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 07:39 AM
"They're still blowing around in the wind, after all these years. I'm amazed that they haven't been destroyed actually, what with all of the rain and snow. That must be some hardy trees those pages were made out of."

Assassin_M
08-17-2013, 07:43 AM
"They're still blowing around in the wind, after all these years. I'm amazed that they haven't been destroyed actually, what with all of the rain and snow. That must be some hardy trees those pages were made out of."
Connor`s database conclusion to the Mystery of the Almanacs...

Farlander1991
08-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Franklin's Almanac pages are my favourite collectibles from a gameplay perspective (it was pretty fun going through little navigational challenges to get them), next to Borgia flags probably (the placement of those flags in some of Rome's location and how you had to think to get them was just too good), but man, does it not make sense at all from a narrative standpoint.

And how does Connor have all the pages anyway if Haytham's collected some of them? >_< I can just imagine, when they finally meet. They're like, both: "What?!?! YOU have the other half of those almanacs?!?!?!?!?!" And Haytham's like: "Son, I've been trying to find these for 20 years! And why are you searching for them anyway?!?!?!"

Moultonborough
08-17-2013, 01:57 PM
I thought there was no loading going into and out of cities. It looks like there isn't any in the demo's. Do you have any interview's where they say it?

ctuagent15
08-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Franklin's Almanac pages are my favourite collectibles from a gameplay perspective (it was pretty fun going through little navigational challenges to get them), next to Borgia flags probably (the placement of those flags in some of Rome's location and how you had to think to get them was just too good), but man, does it not make sense at all from a narrative standpoint.

And how does Connor have all the pages anyway if Haytham's collected some of them? >_< I can just imagine, when they finally meet. They're like, both: "What?!?! YOU have the other half of those almanacs?!?!?!?!?!" And Haytham's like: "Son, I've been trying to find these for 20 years! And why are you searching for them anyway?!?!?!"

I just put it down to the animus mixing Connor's memory's with Haytham's in regard to the almanacs, maybe Conner never looked for them, maybe it was all Haytham's doing finding them

Farlander1991
08-17-2013, 03:23 PM
I just put it down to the animus mixing Connor's memory's with Haytham's in regard to the almanacs, maybe Conner never looked for them, maybe it was all Haytham's doing finding them

That explanation would work, if not for the fact that the blacksmith in the Homestead builds the inventions from Almanac pages and Connor puts them in the mansion. :/

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 05:54 PM
I thought there was no loading going into and out of cities. It looks like there isn't any in the demo's. Do you have any interview's where they say it?

...how bout you just take my word for it. I'm too lazy. Anyone else want to back me up, that would be swell

I-Like-Pie45
08-17-2013, 06:15 PM
That explanation would work, if not for the fact that the blacksmith in the Homestead builds the inventions from Almanac pages and Connor puts them in the mansion. :/

what if

connor took the pages from Haytham after killing him

and the inventions were crafted as a means of holding onto his dead father's memory

its sort of like the time my mother died and I wore her skull over my face to cling onto her

AnthonyA85
08-17-2013, 07:46 PM
You also missed "NPCs are now able to swim. But only your crew will voluntarily go into the water." off of the list.

Check at 05:50 of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8jrhOxC8cg

So we won't be able to get rid of opponents by simply throwing them into water anymore, they'll just get out and keep coming (unless there are sharks around). I've wanted NPCs to be able to swim since AC2

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 07:53 PM
You also missed "NPCs are now able to swim. But only your crew will voluntarily go into the water." off of the list.

Check at 05:50 of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8jrhOxC8cg

So we won't be able to get rid of opponents by simply throwing them into water anymore, they'll just get out and keep coming (unless there are sharks around). I've wanted NPCs to be able to swim since AC2

Well I was gathering info from the recent havana demo, not...that. Already knew that too, but thanks anyway

Sushiglutton
08-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the list, didn't really spot any of that!

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the list, didn't really spot any of that!

No problem. Do you have any speculation to add of your own? Perhaps of that mysterious yellow dot?

Woah post number 999.

I wish for a pony

Sushiglutton
08-17-2013, 08:48 PM
No problem. Do you have any speculation to add of your own? Perhaps of that mysterious yellow dot?

Woah post number 999.

I wish for a pony

Ok I do a few, haven't read through the thread, maybe already mentioned.

Well at 2:12 Edward stabs the enemy with his bare fist (can see a splash of blood). I guess all animations are not perfected yet :).
At 3:46 Edward is clearly spotted as the enemy's meter is going to max. So some elements are def turned off to make staelth easier for demo purposes.
There is a square shaped well close to the target.
An enemy is carrying an explosive barrel just before Edward shoots the one on the ground.
There are a couple of blue squares just below the courtesan icon at 3:02
You can now see the direction the enemy is facing (just like in FarCry 3)

Don't know what the yellow dot could be. Perhaps a caged animal, a dog, or some kind of alarm?

Here you go:

http://wildgoddesslife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/pony.jpg

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 09:01 PM
I think those blue squares are spots where you can more easily blend and also where the hire groups may try and help you if you bring enemies into them.

But more likely they just make blending and hiding easier.

straty88
08-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Don't know what the yellow dot could be. Perhaps a caged animal, a dog, or some kind of alarm?

In the ToKW DLC, the dogs were marked with yellow dots. :)

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/svd5zQz.png

Sushiglutton
08-17-2013, 09:41 PM
In the ToKW DLC, the dogs were marked with yellow dots. :)

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/svd5zQz.png

Nice one, I think that settles it (at least the best theory) :)! I still haven't played ToKW lol

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Nice one, I think that settles it (at least the best theory) :)! I still haven't played ToKW lol

Okay that makes sense

straty88
08-17-2013, 10:02 PM

At 3:46 Edward is clearly spotted as the enemy's meter is going to max. So some elements are def turned off to make staelth easier for demo purposes

That reminds me actually. In the demo he gets detected just after he enters eagle vision & the enemy that detects him has a different marker on the mini-map. Perhaps a different archetype?

Also on a related note, from the small teaser of Kingston from Pax, E3(?). Edward disables an alarm and you can see the icon. As well as the different enemy marker, as well as some other bits and pieces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj1-Gm-wrYw

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 10:03 PM
That reminds me actually. In the demo he gets detected just after he enters eagle vision & the enemy that detects him has a different marker on the mini-map. Perhaps a different archetype?

Also on a related note, from the small teaser of Kingston from Pax, E3(?). Edward disables an alarm and you can see the icon. As well as the different enemy marker, as well as some other bits and pieces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj1-Gm-wrYw

I believe that those icons represent gunners.

straty88
08-17-2013, 10:07 PM
I believe that those icons represent gunners.

Oh yeah, of course. Thanks! Not sure why I didn't put two and two together. :)

Wolfmeister1010
08-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Oh yeah, of course. Thanks! Not sure why I didn't put two and two together. :)

That's okay :) we all have our moments.

I only figured out that colonel and lieutenant were pronounced "kernel" and "leftenant" until like, a month ago lol

ctuagent15
08-18-2013, 05:21 AM
what if

connor took the pages from Haytham after killing him

and the inventions were crafted as a means of holding onto his dead father's memory

This is what I was thinking too, that maybe Connor just got them from Haytham and then used them.
If the Animus is programmed to pick memories to use for things like collectables, then maybe it picked the memories of Haytham finding the pages and then Conner using them to make the inventions after getting them off of his dad as a thing for Desmond to do when he was using the Animus to relive their memories

Coltillion
08-18-2013, 07:36 AM
I noticed that the guards have accurate hairstyles.

shobhit7777777
08-18-2013, 08:56 AM
That's okay :) we all have our moments.

I only figured out that colonel and lieutenant were pronounced "kernel" and "leftenant" until like, a month ago lol

I thought Russia and Europe pronounced it that way form the get go? Isn't Lootenant the American (only) way?