PDA

View Full Version : Desmonds True Fate [spoliers]

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 12:33 PM
This is more of a series as a whole topic, there is something I am a little confused about in the AC series story.

Why did Desmond have to die?Desmond had seen a lot in his time since he came into possession of the apple in the coliseum. But what troubled him the most was his own future. He notices things changed every time he looked into the future, but the one thing that didn't change was his death. It always happened on the same date, and it was always a suicide in some context or another.

In one future he would risk his life saving his father, in one future he would sacrifice himself to stop the solar flare. No matter how many times he looked or whatever he did, his future would not change. And as the date drew closer he became more and more depressed, for he was about to die in his prime and there was nothing he could do to stop it. He felt cheated, there was no real cause for all of this, its just the way it was.

As the days drifted on everything seemed like a copy. Nothing was real, sure he was in the true present but nothing had any value to him. Then finally, Desmond found a way to gain some control in his life. If he was going to die, he was going to die for himself. He was going to control his fate, and he was going to go out with a bang, on his own terms, and there was nothing anyone could do to stop him.

So he devised a plan. He snatched up the first opportunity to leave the temple and hunt for one of the power cores, and headed to Brazil for his final showdown. As he walked around through the crowds he replied to Rebecca in his usual automated response. But in the back of his mind, a plan was starting to form. He walked into the bathroom and saw a lone patrolman taking a leak. He walked towards his own urinal, and then snapped the mans neck from behind with total precision and control. He quickly grabbed the mans security pistol, an M1911. In a few smooth actions he turned off his headset to Rebecca, left the bathroom, and began firing on the crowds with random precision.

He calmly walked towards the exit of the stadium, shooting people as he walked. The air was sucked out of the entire stadium as chaos took control, people trampled over each other to get to the exits, people screamed for their lives.

As he walked out of the exit, Desmond was greeted with an ocean of flashing lights. He was totally surrounded by police, their were helicopters in the sky and he could see many roadblocks up ahead. He could see SWAT vans and police cars lined up at the exit, with rows of police lined up behind them. Someone over a megaphone called to him to put his hands above his head and surrender, but the voice fell on deaf ears.

Desmond calmly walked towards the nearest roadblock and a smile crept across his face. He opened his jacket to reveal a nuclear weapon attached to his body, and a deadmans switch wired to his bloodstream. Should he die, the nuclear weapon would be activated, and the entire city would be wiped off the map. But he didn't slow down, he picked up his pace and walked right up to the roadblock. A look of horror spread across the officers faces as they acknowledged the bomb, and they screamed into their radios, asking for their new course of action. Desmond walked right up behind the cars, and fired into their heads at point blank range. One by one he fired into their heads with total control.

The rest of the police scattered like wild animals at the sight, the crowds ran back as far as they could. At this point Desmond began his walk into the city centre. He grabbed an assault rifle off a dead SWAT officer, and walked into the heart of the city, dead on rush hour. He walked into the traffic and fired into the cars as he pleased, he fired at everyone and anyone. The entire city was now his hunting ground, and he had the power to kill as many people as he wanted, however he wanted, and no one could do a thing to stop him. After a few hours of slaughtering people in the traffic, he put a gun into his mouth,and fired.

roostersrule2
08-16-2013, 12:36 PM
And IiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIII will always love you OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 12:39 PM
I... I see.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Valar Morghulis.

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Valar Morghulis.

I.... I don't follow.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 12:43 PM
I.... I don't follow.

All men must die.

roostersrule2
08-16-2013, 12:44 PM
All men must die.Tell that to Wei Shen.

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 12:46 PM
But why?

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 12:47 PM
But why?

Why not?

Mr_Shade
08-16-2013, 12:48 PM
if there is no real content in this thread, it will be locked as spam..

pacmanate
08-16-2013, 12:50 PM
This is more of a series as a whole topic, there is something I am a little confused about in the AC series story.

Why did Desmond have to die?

That's actually a good question :| Maybe it was because he had high enough TWCB DNA to activate the orb?

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 12:51 PM
I say the writers got lazy so hastily came up with some crappy way to kill him off.

ladyleonhart
08-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Outside of the story, Desmond was most likely killed off because there was too much hate from some fans.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Outside of the story, Desmond was most likely killed off because there was too much hate from some fans.

Ha, the devs, listening to fans. haha.

pirate1802
08-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Because pizza boy was boring as **** whose highest achievement in life was being punched by his dad

pacmanate
08-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Because pizza boy was boring as **** whose highest achievement in life was being punched by his dad

I cant believe that even happened haha. Like a full on punch to the face. Shoddy writing haha, that would never happen.

Also im surprised Desmond didnt call Childline

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 01:02 PM
He could have easily dodged, he's possibly the greatest assassin alive by that point, who has lived the lives of 2 of the greatest assassins to ever live and currently living through the life of another, yet an old man got the slip on him. What was all that bloody training for?

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 01:04 PM
What old man?

pacmanate
08-16-2013, 01:04 PM
What old man?

His dad.

adventurewomen
08-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Desmond was sacrificed for Juno's evil scheme, he's not coming back.

Desmond would be alive if he listened to Minerva.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 01:06 PM

Billions would die and he would become the new jesus.

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 01:07 PM
What do you mean by new jesus?

roostersrule2
08-16-2013, 01:07 PM
I think they should hire Liam Neeson as the next modern day protagonist, all he would have to do is call Abstergo and they would hand over the apple.

Legendz54
08-16-2013, 01:27 PM
I play as that bloody bartender for 5 games expecting something big and epic for his last game and i get that crap.. not satisfied. Every game has to end with some sort of "sacrifice" its getting very old very fast...

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 01:31 PM
I play as that bloody bartender for 5 games expecting something big and epic for his last game and i get that crap.. not satisfied. Every game has to end with some sort of "sacrifice" its getting very old very fast...

It was so frigging anticlimatic, they build up all this modern day stuff, telling us about the world and things that will happen, they built up that satelite lauch then bloody forgot about it. we do some stupid crappy missions then they just randomly introduce this orb thing that saves the world by killing desmond and releasing juno, with no explainatin whatsoever. At points the moder day story was what i was most excited about, but they royally f'ed that up.

adventurewomen
08-16-2013, 01:36 PM
I agree, this is exactly my thoughts even though I was just mentioning what in actuality happened to his character. Shame though, he was just so fixated on Juno, things would have been different for him if had listened to Juno.

They built Desmonds character up to knock it down so swiftly he just made the wrong mistake.

I won't miss Desmond interrupting my gameplay while he's in the Animus.

Legendz54
08-16-2013, 01:37 PM
It was so frigging anticlimatic, they build up all this modern day stuff, telling us about the world and things that will happen, they built up that satelite lauch then bloody forgot about it. we do some stupid crappy missions then they just randomly introduce this orb thing that saves the world by killing desmond and releasing juno, with no explainatin whatsoever. At points the moder day story was what i was most excited about, but they royally f'ed that up.

Subject 16... ****ed up
Lucy templar plot... ****ed up
Fight between Desmond and cross... ****ed up
Vidics Death... ****ed up
That orb ending ****... ****ed up

and tbh I dont want to be play as "me" quite honestly i couldnt give two ****s about "me" I want another modern day character that is emotionally investable in 3rd person.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Oh yeah, Daniel Cross and Desmond Miles, two highly trained assassins going toe to toe, should be a really interesting and exciting fight,.

http://youtu.be/ScMpPAyAKvI?t=9m6s 9:06
Oh.

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Nice to see the true colours of the AC storyline isn't it?

Legendz54
08-16-2013, 01:45 PM
^ hahahah I honestly expected hidden blades clashing and intense fight scene with them fighting until their limbs cant go on.. But i get some crap with Cross going bat**** crazy and running away.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 01:47 PM
And vidic "I can't wait to sink a blade into this guys throat"
Use the apple to make some guard shoot him.
The lack of satisfaction, so, so immense.

pirate1802
08-16-2013, 01:49 PM

Listening to Juno was probably the only clever thing he did in his life.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 01:51 PM

I dno, i think this comeback was petty clever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvkgBNLBETg

Legendz54
08-16-2013, 01:52 PM

The Least they could of done was have us corner vidic, Kill him with the original hidden blade sound in the neck and have our final speech with him like in the previous games about how the templars are bettering the world... something even like that would of felt original.

Brotherhood was making him look promising but due to its very ****ty ending with Lucy dying it ruined it..

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 01:54 PM
The Least they could of done was have us corner vidic, Kill him with the original hidden blade sound in the neck and have our final speech with him like in the previous games about how the templars are bettering the world... something even like that would of felt original. Brotherhood was making him look promising but due to its very ****ty ending with Lucy dying it ruined it.. Original or not, it would have been the right thing to do, to show that desmond has become an assassin, what better way to show that than for him to say, assassinate someone, and who better than vidic?

Legendz54
08-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Original or not, it would have been the right thing to do, to show that desmond has become an assassin, what better way to show that than for him to say, assassinate someone, and who better than vidic?

They better get their heads together and dump all this "You are the player" crap for modern day after AC4 and give us someone else who we can follow and look forward to playing as, hopefully if they do another 3rd person hero he or she can be what Desmond never became.

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 02:40 PM
They better get their heads together and dump all this "You are the player" crap for modern day after AC4 and give us someone else who we can follow and look forward to playing as, hopefully if they do another 3rd person hero he or she can be what Desmond never became.
That's probably going to happen as the new AC game will draw a different target audience. However once that audience gets bored of the formula they will drop that story just like every over story they have done and move on.

adventurewomen
08-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Agreed. :)

I dno, i think this comeback was petty clever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvkgBNLBETg
Thats my only favourite Desmond line.

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 02:59 PM

Yeah I was really disappointed with this. Since the start of AC1 my mind was running wild with how they were going to so that modern day assassination. I thought the entire franchise was leading to an AC game set in modern day times, boy was I let down. I thought we would be tracking Vidic across the state, I guess watch dogs is what I had in mind huh? In fact I don't really see why AC4 is hyped at all when so many better games like MGS5, GTA V Watch dogs etc are coming out. AC4 is just a copy and paste of AC3 with a shoddy story... its really not worth the money. IMO.

Jack-Reacher
08-17-2013, 12:01 AM
This topic is a lot more interesting on second read for some reason.

Shahkulu101
08-17-2013, 12:06 AM
I liked Desmond. I don't understand the 'no personality' argument. He clearly did and with enough screen time and some good missions we could have grown to like him. If people didn't whine and use him as a scapegoat, maybe Ubisoft would have treated him with more respect.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 12:17 AM
I liked Desmond. I don't understand the 'no personality' argument. He clearly did and with enough screen time and some good missions we could have grown to like him. If people didn't whine and use him as a scapegoat, maybe Ubisoft would have treated him with more respect.Indeed, I think it's just because he was in the modern part and a lot of people don't like Nolan North, I'm not sure why though, he's pretty good.

Shahkulu101
08-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Indeed, I think it's just because he was in the modern part and a lot of people don't like Nolan North, I'm not sure why though, he's pretty good.

People don't like Nolan? But he's one of the best and widely know VA's in gaming, no? I thought people liked him as Drake from uncharted.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 12:27 AM
People don't like Nolan? But he's one of the best and widely know VA's in gaming, no? I thought people liked him as Drake from uncharted.I think it's because he does so many roles they find his voice boring, I've seen it on a couple sites, but I like him.

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Nolan North has a wide vocal range actually. He voiced The Penguin in Arkham City. Sounded nothing like Desmond or Drake.

LoyalACFan
08-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Nolan North has a wide vocal range actually. He voiced The Penguin in Arkham City. Sounded nothing like Desmond or Drake.

And a certain antagonist in The Last of Us, which blew my freaking mind when I found out it was him.

I-Like-Pie45
08-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Desmond in The Last of Us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDG9K5Pu3VA

Desmond in more The Last of Us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWfoMG3JHf4

spoilers obviously

Shahkulu101
08-17-2013, 12:33 AM
And a certain antagonist in The Last of Us, which blew my freaking mind when I found out it was him.

That guy was one the most terrifying things in the game man, second to Mr. Bloater of course.

Legendz54
08-17-2013, 01:06 AM
Desmond in The Last of Us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDG9K5Pu3VA

Desmond in more The Last of Us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWfoMG3JHf4

spoilers obviously

Run little Rabbit run... God Nolan did such a fantastic performance for that character, 5:15 and on in link 2 is such a powerful moment in the game.. i felt that everything i had done in the game was worth that one damn moment..

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:11 AM
Go away stop teasing me with your TLOU.

Shahkulu101
08-17-2013, 01:14 AM
Go away stop teasing me with your TLOU.

XBOX Wanka

Legendz54
08-17-2013, 01:16 AM
mwahahaha you have an Xbox you cant play the most brilliant game in gaming!! and you know what!!! Roosters will be Defeated by the Bulldogs in the GF just to add to you pain hahahahahahhah.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:17 AM
XBOX WankaHaha not only am I an Xbox Wanka but I have joined the master race my friend mwhahahaha now go play Halo or Gears of war or Forza or The Witcher hahaha.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:18 AM
mwahahaha you have an Xbox you cant play the most brilliant game in gaming!! and you know what!!! Roosters will be Defeated by the Bulldogs in the GF just to add to you pain hahahahahahhah.Hahahahahaha Ben Barba hahahahaha http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/NRLLadder/tabid/10251/Default.aspx

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 01:20 AM
I can't play TLOU but I don't play on an Xbox..

Shahkulu101
08-17-2013, 01:20 AM
Haha not only am I an Xbox Wanka but I have joined the master race my friend mwhahahaha now go play Halo or Gears of war or Forza or The Witcher hahaha.

I can just visit my ever elusive father and play my stepbrother's XBOX...so joke's on you m8.

EDIT: and I have a gaming pc but it's my broskis.

Legendz54
08-17-2013, 01:21 AM
Hahahahahaha Ben Barba hahahahaha http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/NRLLadder/tabid/10251/Default.aspx

hey........ shut up...Our club builds up the best of the best and then some other club earns the reapings... We will bounce back like we always do and find someone else.

Shahkulu101
08-17-2013, 01:21 AM
I can't play TLOU but I don't play on an Xbox..

If you have time, definitely watch a walkthrough on youtube. The story is incredible and who knows you may be swayed into buying a ps3 ;)

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:22 AM
I can just visit my ever elusive father and play my stepbrother's XBOX...so joke's on you m8.I can just walk about 5m and play my OWN Xbox.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:22 AM
hey........ shut up...Our club builds up the best of the best and then some other club earns the reapings... We will bounce back like we always do and find someone else.Maybe you can sign Benji from Union.

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 01:24 AM
If you have time, definitely watch a walkthrough on youtube. The story is incredible and who knows you may be swayed into buying a ps3 ;)

Nah, I'm getting a PS4. If it wasn't for the next-gen being so soon, I would have bought a PS3. Uncharted, inFamous, God of War, hell, even Killzone are big enough incentives. Plus it's a blu-ray player, and I want to play blu-ray movies but don't feel like specifically buying a blu-ray player.

Shahkulu101
08-17-2013, 01:25 AM
I can just walk about 5m and play my OWN Xbox.

The ps3 is objectively better in terms of exclusives though.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:26 AM
The ps3 is objectively better in terms of exclusives though.Indeed, just like Jexx though I'm waiting for the PS4 rather then buying a PS3 to play 5 games.

Legendz54
08-17-2013, 01:26 AM
Maybe you can sign Benji from Union.

Benji under the Bulldogs will be made into a tank, We tried to get Folau but he is dead on staying in Union...

Legendz54
08-17-2013, 01:27 AM
Nah, I'm getting a PS4. If it wasn't for the next-gen being so soon, I would have bought a PS3. Uncharted, inFamous, God of War, hell, even Killzone are big enough incentives. Plus it's a blu-ray player, and I want to play blu-ray movies but don't feel like specifically buying a blu-ray player.

Well if TLOU gets ported to ps4 you are one lucky guy...

Shahkulu101
08-17-2013, 01:27 AM
Indeed, just like Jexx though I'm waiting for the PS4 rather then buying a PS3 to play 5 games.

I'd say TLoU is worth getting a ps3 for. If it's not on ps4 how can you go on knowing you haven't played it. You will go mad.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Benji under the Bulldogs will be made into a tank, We tried to get Folau but he is dead on staying in Union...We tried to get Maloney and we did, then SBW and we did, then Jennings and again we did. Then when SBW leaves this year or next we can get Folau when he is sick of Union.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:30 AM
I'd say TLoU is worth getting a ps3 for. If it's not on ps4 how can you go on knowing you haven't played it. You will go mad.It should come through Gaikai.

Legendz54
08-17-2013, 01:33 AM
We tried to get Maloney and we did, then SBW and we did, then Jennings and again we did. Then when SBW leaves this year or next we can get Folau when he is sick of Union.

You wont be getting folau any time soon... he just resigned some big deal with union.

roostersrule2
08-17-2013, 01:36 AM
You wont be getting folau any time soon... he just resigned some big deal with union.Okay then we'll buy someone else for $800,000, I've also heard rumors that we may be getting Ferguson with a swap for SKD and maybe one of our depth players. Not sure how I'd feel if it happened though.

Jexx21
08-17-2013, 01:46 AM
I'll probably end up getting a PS3 when the price goes down.

I mean, I still need to play Red Dead Redemption, and I doubt that's getting a PC or PS4 port any time soon.

And I'm not sure I'll be able to use Gaikai, due to my internet being so slow.