PDA

View Full Version : How realistic your gameplay is?

Connorake.ton
08-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi :) since I'm new here I start with this.

The question is simple. How realistic does your gameplay look? When I play AC games I try to not just play the character, I try to BE the character. I imagine myself in their place and make decisions that I would do. Of course I play with every protagonist differently. But I'll throw some examples...when free roaming through any city I walk, because in real life people don't run everywhere (I say this mainly cause I hate those YT gameplays when everyone is running). During chase I don't kill unless I really have to. I kill my marked targets but I am trying to avoid killing gurds as much as possible. On the other hand when I see some guard is getting violent on someone I kill them. When outnumbered I prefer to run even knowing the fact that I could kill them. Just because I can does't mean I should. But as I said it depends on the protagonist. Or when I see on the minimap some side mission situated three streets next to me, I don't force going there, I know about it, the protagonist don't, he is not telepath. I don't free run that often. At least with Connor. Yes I do but don't spare so much time on the rooftops with him as I do with Ezio even though AC3 finally got those parkour moves right. Ezio is rooftop roaming type of guy. I love using stealth...it is realistic, you don't want to be spotted by your enemies.
So how do you play to make the gameplay feel natural and realistic?

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 09:20 AM
My realistic very gameplay is.

pirate1802
08-16-2013, 09:34 AM
My gameplay is pretty realistic. I move and behave exactly like a real human would.

LoyalACFan
08-16-2013, 09:36 AM
In classic AC's, I was ALWAYS stealthy unless I was forced to fight, stuck to the rooftops for the most part, and jogged most everywhere instead of sprinting. Unfortunately I had to abandon all of those strategies in AC3 because the guard AI was screwed and Connor's only speeds were "crawl" and "runlikefrignmadman". I pretty much charged around everywhere killing everyone in sight as Connor, probably because I just never thought AC3 was nearly as immersive as its predecessors and therefore felt less guilty for breaking the immersion.

Sucks that they're keeping the same running controls in AC4, but hopefully at least stealth and rooftop running will be viable again. And it sure as hell looks more immersive than I ever thought AC3 was.

Connorake.ton
08-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Connor's only speeds were "crawl" and "runlikefrignmadman".

Well, not with xbox controller.

LoyalACFan
08-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Well, not with xbox controller.

Not with PlayStation controller either, you could still technically jog but it was extremely finicky and hard to control

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Sometimes I piss all over my playstation in a drunken haze, and pass out on the floor.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Oh jack, such a colourful character, we need more of your type here.

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 10:30 AM
In all seriousness, sometimes I will smoke up and plug in a very early save of Fallout 3 and do exactly what the OP described. I mean you follow the character from birth, you ARE the character. You have so much choice as to where to go, what kind of morals you have, what you want out of the game etc etc, how you want to handle things, when to run from encounters etc. I tried to do something similar with AC3, instead what I did was read up on the American Revolution as I played it. Made the experience really interesting tbh, because im from New Zealand I know piss all about the American Revolution so the whole ordeal was rather educational, immersive, and towards the end, totally depressing and a complete waste of my youth.

salman147
08-16-2013, 10:58 AM
I walk among crowds,scan the area first before approaching the place where my target is.
Then I look out for escaping zones,how many hiding spots are around,how many enemies are patrolling and where and figure out their pattern in the order they patrol.Then I cause a distraction and slip inside,take out the target,throw a smoke bomb and get to the roof before making a leap of faith to disappear.I also memorized the city so I wouldn't have to stare at the mini map all day long and disable the HUD for complete immersion in the game.

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 11:01 AM
I walk among crowds,scan the area first before approaching the place where my target is.
Then I look out for escaping zones,how many hiding spots are around,how many enemies are patrolling and where and figure out their pattern in the order they patrol.Then I cause a distraction and slip inside,take out the target,throw a smoke bomb and get to the roof before making a leap of faith to disappear.I also memorized the city so I wouldn't have to stare at the mini map all day long and disable the HUD for complete immersion in the game.

...what game are you playing? You could do this in the previous games, but with AC3, there are no targets you can even do this with, the missions structure is so scripted.

pacmanate
08-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Depends what you mean by realistic?

roostersrule2
08-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Mine is hyper realistic, I make sure I have my guys attend therapy for their murdering habits. I also have them eat correctly and do breathing exercises.

pacmanate
08-16-2013, 12:12 PM
@OP, Edwards underwater breathing isnt realistic :P

Jack-Reacher
08-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Sometimes I undergo vigorous underwater breathing before I start my day.

adventurewomen
08-16-2013, 01:20 PM
I always like to immerse every fiber of my being while playing AC, I like to imagine I'm the Assassin - I also make sure that I know of all the surroundings and I'm as careful when I approach my target. I like to follow on roof tops and in the trees. I always know where the nearest hiding spot is. I also from time to time remove the HUD and just play the game without the guide of the map in the corner.

Now the next step would be great if I could make an invention to make myself in the game, I need to start my work on a real life Animus! :p

...what game are you playing? You could do this in the previous games, but with AC3, there are no targets you can even do this with, the missions structure is so scripted.
The structure of the sequences and missions are not as scripted if you don't follow the optional objectives. They call them optional for a reason.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 01:21 PM
I always like to immerse every fiber of my being while playing AC, I like to imagine I'm the Assassin - I also make sure that I know of all the surroundings and I'm as careful when I approach my target. I like to follow on roof tops and in the trees. I always know where the nearest hiding spot is. I also from time to time remove the HUD and just play the game without the guide of the map in the corner.

Now the next step would be great if I could make an invention to make myself in the game, I need to start my work on a real life Animus! :p

Yeah, and when the game crashes you'd be braindead.

pirate1802
08-16-2013, 01:22 PM
lol

Hans684
08-16-2013, 01:35 PM
I plan on the move, wach the guards(or take them out stealthy) path takes the operturnitys i gett to be stealthy. If that fails i do a "Jack Sparrow" and improvise.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 01:38 PM
All this watchin the guards movements you're talking about is mostly unnessecary, you rarly have to get past that may guards before an objective, you just wait till the imediate threat leaves, then you move.

AC1 was better..

Ureh
08-16-2013, 03:14 PM
I'll exercise (aerobics or anaerobic) before sitting down to play. It feels a more immersive than usual if I'm covered in sweat and slightly enervated.

I prefer to play combat with eagle vision activated cause in my roleplay it serves as a kind of vision enhancer thingy - sorta like Batman vision. Loved it when using smoke bombs in ACR.
Don't use the "arrow" fast travel points when I'm pretending there's no animus.

adventurewomen
08-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah, and when the game crashes you'd be braindead.
Actually no, the Animus just stops working if that were to happen. :p