PDA

View Full Version : Don't worry, full holsters are in the game

Wolfmeister1010
08-16-2013, 03:10 AM
Confirmed on twitter by ash (too lazy to put pic but I'm sure you can find it pretty easily).

Fan asked if Edward will have holsters like the cinematic trailers, and ash said yes.

...kinda a small detail, maybe not deserving of its own thread, but it seems to be a topic of great concern for us, so...yeah

adventurewomen
08-16-2013, 03:13 AM
Great that this issue is now solved. :D

Talk of Edwards holsters is now a thing of the past, thanks for posting. :)

P00NDOCKSAINT
08-16-2013, 03:14 AM
Confirmed on twitter by ash (too lazy to put pic but I'm sure you can find it pretty easily).

Fan asked if Edward will have holsters like the cinematic trailers, and ash said yes.

...kinda a small detail, maybe not deserving of its own thread, but it seems to be a topic of great concern for us, so...yeah

I'm stoked just saw that. I was hoping they would be the same holsters from the 1st cinematic or similar this is great news!! Thanks again to the devs comin through!!

Megas_Doux
08-16-2013, 03:14 AM
Hey Loyalfan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe.

Wolfmeister1010
08-16-2013, 03:23 AM
Great that this issue is now solved. :D

Talk of Edwards holsters is now a thing of the past, thanks for posting. :)

You are most certainly welcome

Wolfmeister1010
08-16-2013, 03:25 AM
I'm stoked just saw that. I was hoping they would be the same holsters from the 1st cinematic or similar this is great news!! Thanks again to the devs comin through!!

All of the past gameplay trailers have shown no holsters whatsoever. No AC3 holsters, no straps. The only trailers that have shown any sort of holsters were the cinematic ones, so it is pretty safe to say that those ones are the ones he was talking about

LoyalACFan
08-16-2013, 03:36 AM
Hey Loyalfan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe.

Hey, you make fun if you like, but I think my little petition worked like a dream ;) For a while he was saying they may or may not get around to fixing it in the time they had, but when I made my holster thread and people responded positively, I can't help but think it might have inspired the devs to put it higher on their to-do list.

In any case, whether I helped bring this about or not, props to the team for bringing this small aesthetic detail to life :D Game looks fantastic, can't wait to play.

Megas_Doux
08-16-2013, 03:43 AM
Hey, you make fun if you like, but I think my little petition worked like a dream ;) For a while he was saying they may or may not get around to fixing it in the time they had, but when I made my holster thread and people responded positively, I can't help but think it might have inspired the devs to put it higher on their to-do list.

In any case, whether I helped bring this about or not, props to the team for bringing this small aesthetic detail to life :D Game looks fantastic, can't wait to play.

Not making fun of you!

But acknowledging the fact your prayers were answered.

LoyalACFan
08-16-2013, 03:45 AM
Not making fun of you!

But acknowledging the fact your prayers were answered.

Oh, my bad. I thought the "hehe" was supposed to be snide :p Thanks then!

Auditore8
08-16-2013, 05:36 AM
I just actually noticed something in the new Havana gameplay demo. The holsters are there, they're just really small. If you watch it, when Edward approaches the Pigeon Coop and reaches inside a menu pops up, while that menu is up look at the butt of his pistol. It has a small leather strap around it, and the strap hangs from Edward's belt.

LoyalACFan
08-16-2013, 05:58 AM
I just actually noticed something in the new Havana gameplay demo. The holsters are there, they're just really small. If you watch it, when Edward approaches the Pigeon Coop and reaches inside a menu pops up, while that menu is up look at the butt of his pistol. It has a small leather strap around it, and the strap hangs from Edward's belt.

Yeah, but it was only there in cutscenes. The Havana demo was probably recorded during the stage where Ashraf confirmed that holsters will be in cutscenes, but maybe not in gameplay depending on whether or not they could get certain issues worked out. But now he's saying holsters will definitely be in gameplay, so yay ;)

Jexx21
08-16-2013, 06:00 AM
And full holsters. They're probably a customization option or the straps were placeholders within the game.

LoyalACFan
08-16-2013, 06:15 AM
And full holsters. They're probably a customization option or the straps were placeholders within the game.

Eh, I kinda doubt this. Just a few weeks ago they weren't even sure of they were going to be in gameplay or not, adding a whole customization loop for them would be pushing it in so short a time. I'd be betting on the straps being either placeholders, or simply what they're going to look like in the final product except in gameplay as well as cutscenes.

Jexx21
08-16-2013, 06:36 AM
i'd rather have nothing than these little straps ._.

x___Luffy___x
08-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Yeah, but it was only there in cutscenes. The Havana demo was probably recorded during the stage where Ashraf confirmed that holsters will be in cutscenes, but maybe not in gameplay depending on whether or not they could get certain issues worked out. But now he's saying holsters will definitely be in gameplay, so yay ;)

actually the straps are also in the gameplay. look closely they are there in the second half of the gameplay where Edward removes his hood and goes to purchase the gun.
i think the contract mission demo was recorded earlier and the later mission was recorded later after they decided to make holsters in game.
maybe its a work in progress and they will make full holsters in game when the game releases.

LoyalACFan
08-16-2013, 07:32 AM
actually the straps are also in the gameplay. look closely they are there in the second half of the gameplay where Edward removes his hood and goes to purchase the gun.
i think the contract mission demo was recorded earlier and the later mission was recorded later after they decided to make holsters in game.
maybe its a work in progress and they will make full holsters in game when the game releases.

Yeah, there's no way to really tell at this point. I can't for the life of me see the straps in gameplay, but I'll take your word for it. At least we have confirmation.

pacmanate
08-16-2013, 11:00 AM
This could have gone in the holster thread.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 11:01 AM
This could have gone in the holster thread.

No, this is such an important topic that it needs multiple threads.

pacmanate
08-16-2013, 11:27 AM

Oh, just like when ever Ashraf says something it needs a thread? Okay.

BandicootBeav
08-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Does this really bother you guys so much? I mean we haven't had sheaths for our swords since AC1.

Zeusel111
08-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Does this really bother you guys so much? I mean we haven't had sheaths for our swords since AC1.

It adds a lot for some people(like me).

ACfan443
08-16-2013, 11:43 AM

Actually, every trivial bit of information coming from twitter needs multiple threads. I mean it's not like we have a dedicated twitter thread?

Mr_Shade
08-16-2013, 11:47 AM
I mean it's not like we have a dedicated twitter thread?Not one people use you mean...

Zeusel111
08-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Not one people use you mean...

Maybe it should be a sticky?

BandicootBeav
08-16-2013, 11:50 AM
It adds a lot for some people(like me).

I guess so, tbh what bothers me is from someone who used to do parkour is running, jumping and rolling with 2 swords. Would slightly impale yourself lol.

Mr_Shade
08-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Maybe it should be a sticky?
well it was popular - so didnt need a sticky.. til people started making new threads for every tweet...

also we are limited in the number of threads - it's already a bit cluttered already...

ACfan443
08-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Not one people use you mean...

You should start enforcing it
There's a holster thread as well

EchoFiveKilo
08-16-2013, 01:06 PM
It'd be awesome if we had sheathes for swords too like in AC1. Slightly bothered me in AC3 seeing a floating tomahawk and sword.

roostersrule2
08-16-2013, 01:08 PM
It'd be awesome if we had sheathes for swords too like in AC1. Slightly bothered me in AC3 seeing a floating tomahawk and sword.Why are you hating on AC3 man? You sook.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 01:10 PM
It'd be awesome if we had sheathes for swords too like in AC1. Slightly bothered me in AC3 seeing a floating tomahawk and sword.

Small ring sheathes are valid, they existed, ofcourse they were intended for the battlefield, so as the scabbard wouldn't trip you up. But just walking round, you would want a scabbard, else you'd be stabbing people constantly.

Problem is, with so many different shapes of sword, and the fact that thay can be picked up off the ground and sheathed, i makes having a scabbard quite hard.

Although, Cesare in ACB did have a kind of scabbard that was just a strip of leather that went down covering the blade, and could hold a variety of swords.

ProletariatPleb
08-16-2013, 01:12 PM
https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/368185823742943232

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 01:13 PM
https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/368185823742943232

/Thread

ctuagent15
08-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Just took this screenshot

http://i.picpar.com/EBt.png

as you can see there are slips on the guns and blowpipe

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 02:11 PM

Don't trust anying you see until the game is actually out.

EchoFiveKilo
08-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Why are you hating on AC3 man? You sook.

You mad brah? Said slightly bothered.

EchoFiveKilo
08-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Small ring sheathes are valid, they existed, ofcourse they were intended for the battlefield, so as the scabbard wouldn't trip you up. But just walking round, you would want a scabbard, else you'd be stabbing people constantly.

Problem is, with so many different shapes of sword, and the fact that thay can be picked up off the ground and sheathed, i makes having a scabbard quite hard.

Although, Cesare in ACB did have a kind of scabbard that was just a strip of leather that went down covering the blade, and could hold a variety of swords.

Ah fair enough I suppose. Will we get the same ring sheathes that we saw in the first CGI trailer for Black Flag?

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Ah fair enough I suppose. Will we get the same ring sheathes that we saw in the first CGI trailer for Black Flag?

Well, i think that's just the excuse when we have swords at our side.

roostersrule2
08-16-2013, 02:23 PM
You mad brah? Said slightly bothered.Who is slightly bothered? Why is he asking if I'm mad?

ctuagent15
08-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Don't rust anying you see until the game is actually out.
I don't understand what your problem is, I was just posting a screenshot to show that, like someone else said in this thread, that in some parts of the demo he has the slips on the guns.
This just show that what Ash has said on twitter, that they will be in-game, meaning that they have fixed the problems they were having with them and got them to work in-game, is true, now does that mean that there couldn't be some other problem that could show up and they are forced to remove them again, no, but do I think that will happen, no, but if it did happen I'm sure Ash would be honest with us about it.

Wolfmeister1010
08-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Hmmm. Maybe when he was talking about holsters like the trailers, he was talking about the ones in the demo

Jexx21
08-16-2013, 04:39 PM

So.. how do the pistols stay in those little things.. and how does he pull them out?

Yea, in all honesty, those are some pretty crappy holsters.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2013, 04:40 PM
So.. how do the pistols stay in those little things.. and how does he pull them out?

Don't see why they won't just have the same kind as in AC3 for the sides at least.

pacmanate
08-16-2013, 04:41 PM
I've been wondering how they don't fall out/ how he even gets them out too Jexx.

x___Luffy___x
08-16-2013, 04:44 PM

I'd say they are still better than invisible holsters...

Jexx21
08-16-2013, 04:47 PM
I'd rather have invisible holsters so I can imagine that he's using actual holsters.

Mr_Shade
08-16-2013, 04:51 PM
never happy...

it's the hood all over again....

lol ;)

x___Luffy___x
08-16-2013, 04:52 PM
i'm happy :)

ladyleonhart
08-16-2013, 04:55 PM
i'm happy :)

I'm happy too. :D

pacmanate
08-16-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't really care anymore haha :p

ladyleonhart
08-16-2013, 06:10 PM
I don't really care anymore haha :p

I wasn't talking about holsters. :p

Raibuscus
08-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Those little straps are for the swords, as you can clearly see the swords are just glued to him. Normally the holsters will be on Edward's butt and the straps will be for the swords just like in the official trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdkm9TKSxyI at 0:33 you see it.

Jexx21
08-16-2013, 11:02 PM
If the straps are for the swords then why are they wrapped around the pistols.

ladyleonhart
08-16-2013, 11:25 PM
If the straps are for the swords then why are they wrapped around the pistols.

Well... maybe they are basic holsters and crafting allows us to customise them and Edward, which determines where the weapons will be equipped on Edward.