PDA

View Full Version : Amount of land space revealed

Wolfmeister1010
08-15-2013, 10:20 PM
In this Interview http://www.gamezone.com/originals/2013/08/14/interview-talking-assassin-s-creed-4-black-flag-with-creative-director-jean-guesdo

It is revealed that in the game, while the world is roughly 60 times bigger than previous ACs, that is because of water. In reality, there is roughly the same amount of land space in the game as AC3, taken up by cities and islands and stuff.

If I am right in saying that each city will be about half the size of Boston/NY, and there are three cities, then that leaves us with a frontier, plus half of NY/Boston worth of land in the game (not including the three cities), split up into the various islands and fishing villages and ruins that make up the "frontier" of AC4.

Since the frontier in AC3 felt very empty, (to me at least) and because of Ash's promise of a more dense and packed Caribbean environment, this space will NOT feel nearly as empty or small as the wilderness in AC3.

What do you think?

Raibuscus
08-15-2013, 10:24 PM
Nice, I hate the frontier in AC3 atm, it's so annoying IDK why... It's too big and it's... dark, idk I find it just dark.

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Cool. I`m fine with that...as long there`s **** ton to do..

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 10:28 PM
60 times bigger? seems a bit much water, don't want to spend too long just sailing and I'll get tired of the ship battles eventually.

ACfan443
08-15-2013, 10:29 PM
I wish they had concentrated more of that land space to Havana. Other than that, sounds great. I like that they haven't been boasting too much about the size of the overall map, they've just said "it's a big world" and left it at that.

pacmanate
08-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Nice, I hate the frontier in AC3 atm, it's so annoying IDK why... It's too big and it's... dark, idk I find it just dark.

might be your tv settings... I find it colourful as hell.

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 10:32 PM
I'll feel bad if I don't explore every last crevice, that's why I'm a bit weary. It may be overwhelming in it's size. Like every island you see you can enter can't you? Not entirely sure about this.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 10:39 PM
In this Interview http://www.gamezone.com/originals/2013/08/14/interview-talking-assassin-s-creed-4-black-flag-with-creative-director-jean-guesdo

It is revealed that in the game, while the world is roughly 60 times bigger than previous ACs, that is because of water. In reality, there is roughly the same amount of land space in the game as AC3, taken up by cities and islands and stuff.

If I am right in saying that each city will be about half the size of Boston/NY, and there are three cities, then that leaves us with a frontier, plus half of NY/Boston worth of land in the game (not including the three cities), split up into the various islands and fishing villages and ruins that make up the "frontier" of AC4.

Since the frontier in AC3 felt very empty, (to me at least) and because of Ash's promise of a more dense and packed Caribbean environment, this space will NOT feel nearly as empty or small as the wilderness in AC3.

What do you think?

I think the cities will be more like a third of the size of New York and Boston, and that there will be other locations that will be considered "small cities," similar to Forli and San Gimignano (the cities themselves, not the surrounding country side)

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Also that link doesn't work.

SteelCity999
08-15-2013, 10:44 PM

Just too empty.....should have had more to do.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 10:49 PM
...wut.. The frontier has tons of stuff to do. The Huntsman and Frontiermen missions especially.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2013, 10:56 PM
...wut.. The frontier has tons of stuff to do. The Huntsman and Frontiermen missions especially.

LOL "missions". Huntsman missions were no different than regular hunting in most cases, and the Frontiersman missions were just "run here and watch cutscene." Much like the rest of AC3.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 10:59 PM
they were still stuff to do. But I agree, they should have been of a higher quality.

I get really tired of the condescending tone that most people tend to adopt when talking about something they find dis-satisfactory.

"LOL! Those missions weren't missions they're just stupid cinematics lolz loz like the rest of the game"

ugh..

sorry I'm in a pissy mood.

Wolfmeister1010
08-15-2013, 11:36 PM
they were still stuff to do. But I agree, they should have been of a higher quality.

I get really tired of the condescending tone that most people tend to adopt when talking about something they find dis-satisfactory.

"LOL! Those missions weren't missions they're just stupid cinematics lolz loz like the rest of the game"

ugh..

sorry I'm in a pissy mood.

It seems we all are today

LieutenantJojo
08-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Just too empty.....should have had more to do.

This. Sure, I still think it's beautiful, but I just got bored with it after a while. For such an amount of space, there wasn't a lot to do there, except for running up and down the entire time to defog your map and a few missions, which clearly weren't that good. The inclusion of the random missions would've made it a lot better, for starters.

I really hope the frontier (or horizon, whatever) in AC4 keeps me interested and doesn't get too boring after a while.

Sigv4rd
08-16-2013, 12:02 AM
It's not the size of the cities it's how you use them... ;)

Wolfmeister1010
08-16-2013, 12:05 AM
It's not the size of the cities it's how you use them... ;)

:rolleyes:

adventurewomen
08-16-2013, 04:23 AM
No way the Frontier is the best location in AC3 - it's scale reminded me of ACB's Rome. :)

LoyalACFan
08-16-2013, 05:03 AM
No way the Frontier is the best location in AC3 - it's scale reminded me of ACB's Rome. :)

I hate them both :p Different strokes, I guess.