PDA

View Full Version : Copy friend's game files to avoid download?

Donbaloo
08-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Hi folks. Just built a new PC and received Splinter Cell Conviction and Blacklist free with my graphics card. The problem is that I have a very limiting data cap and would like to avoid the large download. A friend of mine has bought Conviction as well. Just curious if there's a way for me to get his Conviction game files and bypass the majority of the download process?

To be clear, we both have legal copies of the game and keys. Just trying to avoid the large bandwidth usage on the download. Thanks!

Mr_Shade
08-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Hi there,

Assuming you have redeemed your promo code on the site and 'purchased' the game - so that you get sent the Product codes on release, you should be able to - assuming your friend keeps the install files he downloads - you need these.

If you friend should be able to make a back up of the files he downloads - you can use the set up files to install on your PC - be aware that both games are rather large and would need maybe a HDD to hold them . Blacklist is approx 24 GB depending on your country - [due to multiple languages]

Once installed - both games maybe need patching - however that is a smaller download than the main files.

For further confirmation - please contact support:

www.support.ubi.com

Donbaloo
08-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Thank you Mr. Shade. Was beginning to think no one had any ideas on this at all. So would you suggest I start the download, pause it, then move his install files into the folder my download is going to? Should I even start the download?

I did send he question into support but I haven't heard back yet. What's typical turn around time on support tickets? Thank you again!

Ubi-Lhainiev
08-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks for helping Mr. Shade!

Donbaloo - 48 hours (excluding weekends) :)