PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft® challenge fans to defy the creed with a live speed drawing stunt at gamescom

Mr_Shade
08-14-2013, 07:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM4GS2qllVA

London, UK — August 14, 2013 — Today, Ubisoft® revealed details about DEFY the Creed, an Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™ themed Speed Drawing scheduled to take place live from Gamescom on the 23rd and 24th of August.

A dedicated speed-drawer will participate in a series of drawing sessions on the Ubisoft booth at Gamescom, which will be filmed and broadcasted live. Assassin’s Creed artworks will be created during these speed drawing sessions over two days, and Gamescom attendees will be able to witness the artist in action on a dedicated stage.

This animation is not restricted to Gamescom visitors: the whole Assassin’s Creed community is invited toDEFY the Creed by joining the discussion on the dedicated web platformwww.assassinscreed.com/defythecreed (http://www.assassinscreed.com/defythecreed) and provide input on the artwork content while it is being drawn by the artist.

Lead by Assassin’s Creed community developers, each interactive session will allow fans to answer open questions by suggesting additions to the artwork, and vote for the best ideas. The winning suggestions will then be transmitted to the artist and integrated live within the artwork in the making.

For more information on Assassin’s Creed, please visit: assassinscreed.com (http://assassinscreed.com/) andfacebook.com/assassinscreed (http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed).

About Assassin’s Creed:
Initially launched in 2007, the first five Assassin’s Creed games have sold more than 55 million units worldwide, and the franchise is now established as one of the best-selling series ever. Recognized for having some of the richest, most engrossing storytelling in the industry, Assassin’s Creed transcends video games, branching out into other entertainment experiences including comic books, mobile games, novels, as well as a feature-length movie currently in development.

About Ubisoft:
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2011-12 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,061 million. To learn more, please visit:www.ubisoftgroup.com (http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/).

x___Luffy___x
08-14-2013, 07:57 PM
this soundtrack is really awesome. love it :D

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Im going to be too busy playing SR4 :O

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Oh god that soundtrack

ladyleonhart
08-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Oh god that soundtrack

What's wrong with the soundtrack...?

ACfan443
08-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Soundtrack was the only thing that caught my attention there *drools*

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 09:43 PM
What's wrong with the soundtrack...?
It`s so glorious ._.

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 09:45 PM
btw shade, any chance of them releasing early bits of the soundtrack? THIS definitely needs to be one of those bits...

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 09:47 PM
This soudtrack......

ladyleonhart
08-14-2013, 09:48 PM
It`s so glorious ._.

You can't judge the ACIV soundtrack on 50 seconds. I'm sure it will be great. :D That snippet just has a pirate feel to it, that's all. Edward is a pirate first and then assassin. Remember...? ;)

You really should be a bit more positive. :)

There's so much negativity around here lately. -_- I'm starting to believe it's contagious.

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 09:49 PM
You can't judge the ACIV soundtrack on 50 seconds. I'm sure it will be great. :D That snippet just has a pirate feel to it, that's all. Edward is a pirate first and then assassin. Remember...? ;)

There's so much negativity around here lately. -_- I'm starting to believe it's contagious.

But he seems to like it hehe

x___Luffy___x
08-14-2013, 09:50 PM

i think M is being very positive about that soundtrack :)

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 09:50 PM

Glorious means I LOVE the soundtrack :p

ladyleonhart
08-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Glorious means I LOVE the soundtrack :p

Yes, I know what "glorious" means. That face before put me off. I thought it was sarcasm. :p Lol, I still don't get you sometimes. Sorry. :P

Glad you love it though! xD I have a very good feeling about this one too!! :D

The soundtrack is the very reason I pre-ordered ACIV. Then I get a CD with it too!! ;)

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Why is this called "Defy the Creed"?

o.o

And lady, how do you think M was being negative? o.o

ladyleonhart
08-14-2013, 09:59 PM
o.o

And lady, how do you think M was being negative? o.o
Just a misunderstanding. Lol, I don't always get what the faces mean. I'm not used to it, I guess. :)

adventurewomen
08-14-2013, 10:28 PM
I'd love to see this, I won't be going to Germany any time soon though. :(

I'm going to Eurogamer event next month in London, so hopefully Ubisoft has the artist over there.

JarekKorczynski
08-14-2013, 11:03 PM
That snippet just has a pirate feel to it, that's all.

Well it sure sounds more like having a nice Celtic feel than anything :) Which is very good.
Where's Edward from originally, anyway, Cardiff? Wonder if he's going to teach his crew some Welsh folk songs, not just the shanties :)

silvermercy
08-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I'd love to see this, I won't be going to Germany any time soon though. :(

I'm going to Eurogamer event next month in London, so hopefully Ubisoft has the artist over there.

I'm going too! :D I have a ticket for Sunday! What day you're going!? I'm looking to get a Saturday ticket, too, but it's all sold out for now. But I keep checking the site if they come available again.

I hope they have the artist as well that Jackdaw cosplayer so I can stalk... err... take pictures of him. :D

Yes, I think Edward is from Cardiff. I've been there a couple of years ago. I may go again when I get my Edward statue so I can take him there for a home coming! *wipes tear* lol

ladyleonhart
08-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Well it sure sounds more like having a nice Celtic feel than anything :) Which is very good.
Where's Edward from originally, anyway, Cardiff? Wonder if he's going to teach his crew some Welsh folk songs, not just the shanties :)

That reply was actually because I thought someone didn't like the soundtrack from the 50 seconds that all. :p I love what I've heard so far anyway!! xD

Yes, Edward is supposed to be Welsh. :)

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 11:16 PM
someone cosplays as the Jackdaw?

silvermercy
08-14-2013, 11:18 PM
lol no I meant the cosplayer on the Jackdaw. ahahaa

This one:

https://sphotos-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/555242_536123163103840_2032817736_n.jpg

God... cosplaying as the Jackdaw... Now that'd be a sight! O_o

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 11:20 PM
that's not the right shade of blue.

adventurewomen
08-14-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm going too! :D I have a ticket for Sunday! What day you're going!? I'm looking to get a Saturday ticket, too, but it's all sold out for now. But I keep checking the site if they come available again.

I hope they have the artist as well that Jackdaw cosplayer so I can stalk... err... take pictures of him. :D

Yes, I think Edward is from Cardiff. I've been there a couple of years ago. I may ago again when I get my Edward statue so I can take him there for a home coming! *wipes tear* lol
Haha Awesome! :D

I'm going on Thursday all day, I wanted to go on Saturday but too bad all the tickets being sold for that day, sometimes Eurogamer puts up extra tickets nearer the time - they never really "run" out of tickets! So I have been told. :p

IKR! That parkour free runner, it would be amazing to see him running all around London before he gets to Eurogamer! I would do the same thing lol.
I kind of wish the Jackdaw ship would be there too! I missed out on the San Diego Comic Con last month I wanted to go but damn I missed out.

I think so too, Edward is either from Cardiff suits his character or London because of Haytham's accent.

Aww you're warming to Edward's charm already lol, it's sweet! :D

silvermercy
08-14-2013, 11:24 PM
that's not the right shade of blue.

I'm not sure... It could be the lights...

... or Edward forgot to put color-protective washing powder when he did his laundry... ^^

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Edward is Welsh, doubt he would be from London.

Oh, and that pic up there isn't of the guy who parkoured in the Edward costume, at least I don't think so. The parkour guy wore a more color-accurate costume.

adventurewomen
08-14-2013, 11:28 PM

Oh, and that pic up there isn't of the guy who parkoured in the Edward costume, at least I don't think so. The parkour guy wore a more color-accurate costume.
Maybe he relocated to London later on when Haytham was born.

No doubt in my mind that Edward is from Cardiff.

silvermercy
08-14-2013, 11:29 PM

Yes, this one is an actor, the parkour guy is different.

adventurewomen
08-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Yes, this one is an actor, the parkour guy is different.
I didn't really notice that lol, I just thought that Ubisoft only made an outfit for the parkour guy! :p

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 11:36 PM

http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/images/the-deadilest-catch-costume-38984.jpg

haha

silvermercy
08-14-2013, 11:42 PM
haha
It's decided. I'm going to Eurogamer as the Jackdaw.

I'll be easy to spot I suppose. I just hope it's not very windy that day...

adventurewomen
08-14-2013, 11:47 PM
It's decided. I'm going to Eurogamer as the Jackdaw.

I'll be easy to spot I suppose. I just hope it's not very windy that day...
xD I'll see you from a mile away then!

I want to see some Connor & Edward cosplays at Eurogamer this year, I'm tired of seeing Altairs & Ezios walking around!

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 11:47 PM
it's decided. I'm going to eurogamer as the jackdaw.

I'll be easy to spot i suppose. I just hope it's not very windy that day...

best costume ever!!!!!

silvermercy
08-14-2013, 11:51 PM
xD I'll see you from a mile away then!

I want to see some Connor & Edward cosplays at Eurogamer this year, I'm tired of seeing Altairs & Ezios walking around!
You may have to run to catch up with me. I may wear roller blades and get a fan behind the sails, so I will be sailing very fast through the expo.
Hmm... I hope there are no cosplayers dressed as icebergs...

(agreed about Connor and Edward cosplayers!)

best costume ever!!!!!
Indeed!!

adventurewomen
08-14-2013, 11:58 PM
You may have to run to catch up with me. I may wear roller blades and get a fan behind the sails, so I will be sailing very fast through the expo.
Hmm... I hope there are no cosplayers dressed as icebergs...

(agreed about Connor and Edward cosplayers!)
You know what just make sure that when you have those roller blades on you have that Assassin Strut going on too! xD

If there is icebergs around just hit them straight on cut them in half, just remember don't turn to the side those icebergs will put a hole through your hull!

Also remember to sail carefully during ROUGE WINDS!

xD

silvermercy
08-15-2013, 12:01 AM
You know what just make sure that when you have those roller blades on you have that Assassin Strut going on too! xD

If there is icebergs around just hit them straight on cut them in half, just remember don't turn to the side those icebergs will put a hole through your hull!

Also remember to sail carefully during ROUGE WINDS!

xD

oh mah god... all those health-and-safety rules I forgot about! O_O
Plus, I will be traveling from Belfast... the birthplace of the Titanic... O_O

ArabianFrost
08-15-2013, 12:07 AM

F*ck safety. Seat belts are for sissies.

adventurewomen
08-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Yes you should know lol! Nice place you live btw! :D

I've just been listening to Mr.Faulkner too much and observed what happened to the Titanic damn ship should have cut through that iceberg! I faceplam every time during Titanic film.

Rouge Winds & Icebergs must be treated with caution!

silvermercy
08-15-2013, 12:10 AM
F**k yeah! F**k icebergs!!! I'm the Jackdaw! :mad:

adventurewomen
08-15-2013, 12:14 AM
The Aquila might be your rescue ship if need be! :p

Actually the Jackdaw is the best 18th Century ship that ever sailed the seas/oceans! :D

ArabianFrost
08-15-2013, 12:15 AM

Defy history

Defy the odds
Defy order

Defy the crown

Defy the creed

Defy sanity

^tattoo that crap on your face. Make that be a sign to any who dare abide by safety rules.

JarekKorczynski
08-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Nice place you live btw! :D

Belfast??
Man, 10 years ago on a normal tourist tour I got the greatest hangover of my lifetime yet there... can't really recall the name of the pub I was in... some place full of international people next to a bus depot, next to the Albert clock...

wow, it's a miracle I remember that much!

blame pints of Harp....

silvermercy
08-15-2013, 12:18 AM
Defy history

Defy the odds
Defy order

Defy the crown

Defy the creed

Defy sanity

^tattoo that crap on your face. Make that be a sign to any who dare abide by safety rules.
I will! Jackdaw ain't afraid of little clumps of snow in the sea!

Defy ICEBERGS!!!

silvermercy
08-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Belfast??
Man, 10 years ago on a normal tourist tour I got the greatest hangover of my lifetime yet there... can't really recall the name of the pub I was in... some place full of international people next to a bus depot, next to the Albert clock...

blame pints of Harp....

lol

Could be this one??

http://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/BaroqueConference/SocialActivities/Imagesource,188734,en.jpg

adventurewomen
08-15-2013, 12:23 AM
Belfast??

blame pints of Harp....
Sounds like you had a great night out! lol Thanks for sharing!

Sadly I've never been there! :(

------------------------------------

With Captain Edward you are surely safe as you rule over the high seas. :D

JarekKorczynski
08-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Had to google for more images / wider angle.. but yes, that's the one :)
https://ni.theimagefile.co.uk/v/tp/257/254/794501225_4_N-E-080509-1311.jpg

Some fond memories from there... well, I still have that 'Beer Academy Belfast' T-shirt somewhere which cost me this horrible headache in a first place to win in a contest there :P All I can recall is as much as some Australian people breaking their tongues while trying to pronounce my full name in Polish and that the buses kept rolling out like crazy all night from where that Mercedes is coming...

ekhm, back on topic:
I like the soundtrack bit a lot! carry on ;)

silvermercy
08-15-2013, 12:29 AM

Some fond memories from there... well, I still have that 'Beer Academy Belfast' T-shirt somewhere which cost me this horrible headache in a first place to win in a contest there :P

LOL Did you win at least?? haha!

Megas_Doux
08-15-2013, 12:38 AM

Some fond memories from there... well, I still have that 'Beer Academy Belfast' T-shirt somewhere which cost me this horrible headache in a first place to win in a contest there :P All I can recall is as much as some Australian people breaking their tongues while trying to pronounce my full name in Polish and that the buses kept rolling out like crazy all night from where that Mercedes is coming...

You won a drinking contest at an Irish pub?????

Now, THAT is something.....

Edit You are from Poland, that explains alot, sir haha

Kaschra
08-15-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm going to the Gamescom... but not on Friday or Saturday :(

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 01:10 AM
I thought that the Aquila was technically supposed to be better than the Jackdaw.

I'm naked right now.