PDA

View Full Version : What I'm kind of hoping in regards to AC4 main theme music

Farlander1991
08-14-2013, 09:16 AM
So far the music from AC4 that I heard was awesome. But I'm really curious about what the main theme is going to be like. And I hope that it's going to be a variation on the AC3 theme, with a bit more piratey vibe to it. I think it would be only fitting, considering this is the Kenway saga and all that (both Haytham and Connor had their own themes, but they still were united musically by the AC3 game theme).

What do you think? Would you like AC4's main theme to be the AC3 theme variation?

roostersrule2
08-14-2013, 09:18 AM
This is AC4's theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id2AHF3iZmU

Farlander1991
08-14-2013, 09:20 AM
While I love that piece... Where does it say that it's the main theme?

roostersrule2
08-14-2013, 09:21 AM
While I love that piece... Where does it say that it's the main theme?If you were to showcase a song to show off your soundtrack, you'd chose your main one. It's also been apart of almost every gameplay video we've got.

Farlander1991
08-14-2013, 09:25 AM
If you were to showcase a song to show off your soundtrack, you'd chose your main one.

Not necessarily. They just played the music from the E3 demo action piece (pretty much almost exactly the same way as it sounded there). And though it could be the main theme, doesn't mean that it is.

roostersrule2
08-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Not necessarily. They just played the music from the E3 demo action piece. And though it could be the main theme, doesn't mean that it is.It's the main theme.

poptartz20
08-14-2013, 09:27 AM
A great piece! Man! That was awesome! I love how it sounds dark and grungy yet upbeat... a true pirate piece!

Farlander1991
08-14-2013, 09:30 AM
It's the main theme.

I'll live in my hope and denial until there's actually proof :p

AC is really bad with musical theming in sense of the theming interconnection between games, I kinda would like to see that change... Theming can be a very powerful instrument (as proven by the awesome soundtracks of all three LotR movies and Hobbit, for example).

EDIT: And even if not for the main theme, there still should be AC3 theme variation in there somewhere, dammit! :p

ladyleonhart
08-14-2013, 10:15 AM
AC is really bad with musical theming in sense of the theming interconnection between games, I kinda would like to see that change... Theming can be a very powerful instrument (as proven by the awesome soundtracks of all three LotR movies and Hobbit, for example).

EDIT: And even if not for the main theme, there still should be AC3 theme variation in there somewhere, dammit! :p

I agree with you!! :D An ACIII theme variation would be perfect!! xD It would definitely emphasise their family connection, which is very important!! ;)

Also, I love the LOTR and The Hobbit soundtracks!! xD They are a great example, which I agree that the AC franchise could really learn from!! :D

Raibuscus
08-14-2013, 12:31 PM
That isn't the main theme. I'm pretty sure that's the combat theme or the theme that gets played when you're getting chased.

Farlander1991
08-14-2013, 12:56 PM
That isn't the main theme. I'm pretty sure that's the combat theme or the theme that gets played when you're getting chased.

Yeah, I personally thought that it's the Trouble in Town equivalent (which, btw, was heard in a number of preview videos of AC3 too) so to speak. You know, main recurring action theme. And I'm still gonna think that until there's confirmation :p

ladyleonhart
08-14-2013, 12:59 PM
I love "Trouble in Town"!! :D One of my favourites!! xD

BandicootBeav
08-14-2013, 01:02 PM
I love "Trouble in Town"!! :D One of my favourites!! xD

Wild Instinct for me, but AC music has always been fantastic I have no doubt this game will be no different.

Farlander1991
08-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah, Trouble in Town also has got some very sick variations, like the one that sounds during Hickey chase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1qDsKi-dnY

Farlander1991
08-14-2013, 01:08 PM
I also love this one (though, it's not a Trouble in Town variation), it sounded when we had to intercept Patriot messengers on the way to the village, really brought up emotion to the situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t3Ja3r1YQw

Too bad wasn't released on the soundtrack :(

ladyleonhart
08-14-2013, 01:22 PM
I also love this one (though, it's not a Trouble in Town variation), it sounded when we had to intercept Patriot messengers on the way to the village, really brought up emotion to the situation...

Too bad wasn't released on the soundtrack :(

I was actually wondering about this one. So, it just wasn't released. :( I love ACIII's soundtrack!! :D It's my favourite one because I love almost every track!! I agree it pulls at your heart strings and creates a sense of urgency as if you can't fail. All the tracks really evoked emotion in some way, though. That's why I really love it!! ;) For me, the soundtrack is just as important as the story and gameplay. Then, if the soundtrack is awful it can really break a game for me. o_0 Then, I really hope ACIV's soundtrack lives up to my expectations.

ladyleonhart
08-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Yeah, Trouble in Town also has got some very sick variations, like the one that sounds during Hickey chase...

Thanks for posting the videos. :)

Yeah, the variations are great too. :D To me, this version of "Trouble in Town" also felt like it had elements of "Welcome to Boston". :)

Farlander1991
08-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Listened again to the AC4 officially released music (link in first page). The first part is the re-arrangement of an AC3 Frontier ambient theme, so there are going to be at least some rearranged AC3 tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4NfIao-dck

ladyleonhart
08-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Listened again to the AC4 officially released music (link in first page). The first part is the re-arrangement of an AC3 Frontier ambient theme, so there are going to be at least some rearranged AC3 tunes.

I just listened to the first parts again too. Wow! :D There is a definite resemblance.

So we're getting our wish!! ;)

ACfan443
08-16-2013, 02:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4NfIao-dck

I think it's just a coincidence they sounded the same

Farlander1991
08-16-2013, 02:48 PM
I think it's just a coincidence they sounded the same

Yeah, and it's also a coincidence that Dream of Venice and City of Rome sound the same >_< It's a rearrangement. Which makes sense from a thematic point of view, Jungles of the Caribbean/Frontier of the Colonial America, they're fairly close geographically.

ACfan443
08-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Yeah, and it's also a coincidence that Dream of Venice and City of Rome sound the same >_<

They were both by the same composer, and ACB was essentially AC2 part two. Also the resemblance between the Black Flag music and Frontier ambient music is so small it's almost negligible. Dream of Venice and City of Rome sounded the same nearly all the way through.

Ureh
08-16-2013, 03:19 PM
I like what they've done with the music so far, I'm pretty confident it'll turn out great.

That'd be kinda neat if they could come up with a piratey variation of AC3's theme. I really like how Elder Scrolls and Fallout keep their themes exactly the same but customize it to the setting.

Jexx21
08-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Assassin's Creed seems to give themes to the characters, and doesn't have a theme for the whole series. I like it this way, seeing as they didn't have a strict AC theme for AC1, so it would be silly to introduce one later.

Plus, the fact is, the setting changes a lot with Assassin's Creed. For LotR, PotC, Star Wars, TES, Fallout, etc. the setting doesn't really ever change drastically. With TES and Fallout the themes are generally the same because the world of Tamriel generally feels like the same kind of TES fantasy, same with the world of Post-Apoc America in Fallout, so thus they just switch up the theme a bit to fit with the new territory.

I can see there being a new "Kenway family" track introduced now, since it's clear they are now focusing on the Kenway family, especially if we can access certain Haytham memories in the game.

murphdawg1
08-16-2013, 10:28 PM
I found this but considering it was uploaded back in May it probably isn't the theme song but if it is then I certainly like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b27Gw1QxP0g

FR0ZENZiNE
08-16-2013, 10:40 PM
TBH this sounds crappy.

Jexx21
08-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Which one? The official music or the one above? Because the one above isn't actually a track for the game.

FR0ZENZiNE
08-17-2013, 10:09 AM
I mean the fake main theme. The actual music sounds amazing.

Farlander1991
08-22-2013, 09:20 AM
I can see there being a new "Kenway family" track introduced now, since it's clear they are now focusing on the Kenway family, especially if we can access certain Haytham memories in the game.

We already have a "Kenway family" track of sorts. Connor's and Haytham's themes are the different arrangements of the same theme.

Jexx21
08-22-2013, 09:28 AM
I think that those would just be variants of the AC3 theme, not a Kenway theme exactly..

if there's another Connor game, I could support Connor achieving a "nexus" with his ancestors, and this "kenway family" theme being used there.

Farlander1991
08-22-2013, 09:33 AM
I think that those would just be variants of the AC3 theme, not a Kenway theme exactly..

They're not variants of the AC3 theme.

This is Connor's theme. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW9C2SknMy0)
And while I can't find anywhere a clear version of Haytham's theme, you'll hear Haytham's version of the same tune interwined with the more 'stressy-actiony' bits here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1drcGF6dY04) (go to 0:58 here, for example).

Those are their personal themes and, well, their melody is essentially the "Kenway family melody".

Farlander1991
08-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Also, more ominous version of their themes can be heard here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l7x7KBwsBw) in the music that accompanies their conversation on the rooftop.

Farlander1991
08-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Here's Haytham's theme, clear version. I think it's clearer to hear in this one that it's the same as Connor's. I'm kinda hoping Edward's theme is a different arrangement of the same theme more than presence of AC3's main game theme now :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rYZ-yGAnCw

Templar_Az
08-23-2013, 04:45 PM
I hope Edwards theme is the Pirates of the Caribbean theme.