PDA

View Full Version : What will you do if AC4 is disappointing?

Philliesfan377
08-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Will you give up on the series? Hope the next one is better? Personally I thought AC3 was great,and while some things obviously weren't amazing, I thought it was a solid game. Now I'm very excited for AC4. With AC being my favorite series, if AC4 disappoints I will probably hope the next one is better. But I am confident it will be a great game. But what would you do?

Edit: I DON'T think AC4 will be bad or disappointing. I think it looks amazing! Just to clarify.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 07:18 PM
I will quit.

pirate1802
08-13-2013, 07:19 PM
I'll assume that the AC I loved is now dead and solemnly move on.

..there's always Borderlands 3 and TR2. ;)

x___Luffy___x
08-13-2013, 07:31 PM
i liked AC3 and i dont think AC4 will be disappointing.... i will not be quitting AC anytime soon, i think.

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 07:33 PM
I will protect Ashraf from the angry fans with my life :-/ At least he tried to actually serve the true fans of the series. We have 10-15 hours of modern conspiracy on top of an already enticing ability to play stealthily through 85% of the game. If that isn't trying to appeal to the hardcore fans, I don't know what is.

Seriously though, the AC4 devs have a great vision for the game. If there is any blame to direct, it's Yves' bloody time restrictions. He will a get a visit from my archer friend, that Yves, if the game fails.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 07:35 PM
He asked what you will do, Frost...

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 07:36 PM
He asked what you will do, Frost...

Pft yeah right.

Anyway, yes I will give up on the series. This is the last hope for AC after being at the same level of quality for years now. I hope Black Flag does something to raise the bar. It looks like it will.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 07:39 PM
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/arrow.jpg
"Yves Guillemot, you have failed this series."

EDIT: this was in response to ArabianFrost, I don't give a crap about Yves.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Yves_regretting_decision.gif
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Woody-Harrelson-Wiping-Tears-Money.gif

Farlander1991
08-13-2013, 07:42 PM
I will be disappointed. Duh.

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 07:46 PM
What will I do? Keep hoping the series gets better. I won't quit. It's pretty much the only video game series I actually follow or have an account on its forums. I'm very invested into the lore as well, every part of it. Both the modern and the historical. Maybe I'll write a strongly worded letter to Yves about his business practices and the way he treats his series. Last but not least, my decision to whether or not buy AC5 will also be very very very very cautious. I'm talking at least 7 professional reviews and at least 10 user reviews to even consider buying AC5. They won't get my generous pre-order like this year.

ze_topazio
08-13-2013, 07:50 PM
What will i do? I guess i will be disappointed and a bit sad, a few weeks later i go back to wonder what the next setting will be.

adventurewomen
08-13-2013, 07:51 PM
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/arrow.jpg

EDIT: this was in response to ArabianFrost, I don't give a crap about Yves.
Yes, thats true. It's Yvues policy to release AC every year thats killing the game series, sadly he's more interested in cashing in instead of making a quality game franchise anymore.

What will I do? Keep hoping the series gets better. I won't quit. It's pretty much the only video game series I actually follow or have an account on its forums. I'm very invested into the lore as well, every part of it. Both the modern and the historical. Maybe I'll write a strongly worded letter to Yves about his business practices and the way he treats his series. Last but not least, my decision to whether or not buy AC5 will also be very very very very cautious. I'm talking at least 7 professional reviews and at least 10 user reviews to even consider buying AC5. They won't get my generous pre-order like this year.
Agreed, same opinion here. :)

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Speaking of hype and AC4, Darby apparently senses these forums' emotions. I trust Darby. I will be hyped. I will be NOT disappointed. Hope you enjoy trying to forcibly contain you excitement.
http://imgur.com/9O2NqWI

http://imgur.com/9O2NqWI.png

pirate1802
Cry in a corner and become addicted to meth

ProletariatPleb
I'm talking at least 7 professional reviews and at least 10 user reviews to even consider buying AC5. They won't get my generous pre-order like this year.
You should do that for every game anyway...

silvermercy
08-13-2013, 07:53 PM
I won't quit as I'm not expecting miracles or anything. It's hard to find satisfying AAA titles I like as it is!
So even if it's not perfect, I will keep buying it. Maybe not special editions and pre-orders as I do now, but I doubt I'll quit.

(And I was quite okay with ACR and AC3. Not amaaaaazingly good and epic as, say, Bioshock Infinite, but I had a good time playing them).

pirate1802
08-13-2013, 07:55 PM
You should do that for every game anyway...

Glad I didn't do it for Remember Me..

I think the best way to go is to trust the reviews and opinions of friends who have the same taste as you, but what if they refuse to buy the game as well? :rolleyes:

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Who wants to go aboard the Darby hype train with me?

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Glad I didn't do it for Remember Me..

I think the best way to go is to trust the reviews and opinions of friends who have the same taste as you, but what if they refuse to buy the game as well? :rolleyes:
I only said 'consider'. No review can judge the game for you.

Is it the hyperloop?

adventurewomen
08-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Speaking of hype and AC4, Darby apparently senses these forums' emotions. I trust Darby. I will be hyped. I will be NOT disappointed. Hope you enjoy trying to forcibly contain you excitement.
http://imgur.com/9O2NqWI
Hype almost always turns into disappointment. :(

Saying that I am looking forward to AC4.

I won't leave playing AC if AC4 doesn't live up to the hype.

silvermercy
08-13-2013, 08:02 PM
I am already on. Standing behind you! :) *taps shoulder*

(I'm chuckling a bit now because I am reading this hyped 'Divergent' dystopian novel and I'm on the page where the people jump off the train. lol)

Sushiglutton
08-13-2013, 08:26 PM
All I'm hoping is that it will be better than 3. If it fails to live up to that I'm done. But I would be shocked if that turned out to be the case. I mean Caribbean + Edward pretty much is a guarantee 4 >>> 3. I do hope that at least stealth gameplay will feel noticably better.

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 08:36 PM
I am already on. Standing behind you! :) *taps shoulder*

(I'm chuckling a bit now because I am reading this hyped 'Divergent' dystopian novel and I'm on the page where the people jump off the train. lol)

Oh, hey there. By the way, Darby's the conductor. I can throttle you at him if you want. I'mm sure he'll marry you if you do that.

silvermercy
08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Oh, hey there. By the way, Darby's the conductor. I can throttle you at him if you want. I'mm sure he'll marry you if you do that.
Please do. :) it's a strange tactic I admit... but hey...

Spider_Sith9
08-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Hype almost always turns into disappointment. :(

Saying that I am looking forward to AC4.

I won't leave playing AC if AC4 doesn't live up to the hype.

Depends on the standards. In reality: It's only a Naginata.

adventurewomen
08-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Depends on the standards. In reality: It's only a Naginata.
True :)

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 09:01 PM
I won't quit as I'm not expecting miracles or anything. It's hard to find satisfying AAA titles I like as it is!
So even if it's not perfect, I will keep buying it. Maybe not special editions and pre-orders as I do now, but I doubt I'll quit.

(And I was quite okay with ACR and AC3. Not amaaaaazingly good and epic as, say, Bioshock Infinite, but I had a good time playing them).

IMO, both ACR and AC3 were better than Infinite :|

Infinite managed to disappoint me in many ways. I expected there to be multiple endings, there weren't, I expected there to be more songbird than there was, I thought the choices you made in the story would actually mean something in some way, and I also thought that Columbia didn't have much variation in terms of map design and I felt like it would of be opportune for a semi-open world kinda game. Only thing awesome about Infinite was the actual ending, even though I wish there were multiple ones.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 09:04 PM

Infinite managed to disappoint me in many ways. I expected there to be multiple endings, there weren't, I expected there to be more songbird than there was, I thought the choices you made in the story would actually mean something in some way, and I also thought that Columbia didn't have much variation in terms of map design and I felt like it would of be opportune for a semi-open world kinda game. Only thing awesome about Infinite was the actual ending, even though I wish there were multiple ones.
Infinite was an 'okay' game but it had an awesome story for video game standards. And you're complaining about open-world things in a linear shooter.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Infinite was a perfect setting to be a semi-open world.

Would have at least like a better Skyrail system..

Don't complain about things I complain about because I find most of your complaints to be redundant as well. Just accept that we're different. :P

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Infinite was a perfect setting to be a semi-open world.

Would have at least like a better Skyrail system..

Don't complain about things I complain about because I find most of your complaints to be redundant as well. Just accept that we're different. :P
I don't disagree, I thought the skyrail system was overhyped and barely of use.

About the complaining thing...

I expected there to be multiple endings, there weren't, I expected there to be more songbird than there was, I thought the choices you made in the story would actually mean something in some way
You did pay attention to the story, right?

Shahkulu101
08-13-2013, 09:11 PM
I will be slightly disheartened but I wont give up on the series. Plus, I have no doubt it wont be anyway. My only reservations are that it wont be as spectacular as promised.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 09:12 PM
I don't disagree, I thought the skyrail system was overhyped and barely of use.

About the complaining thing...

You did pay attention to the story, right?

Yes yes, I understand the story was linear.

But the initial gameplay vids gave me a feeling of open-worldness with side missions and stuff. That didn't happen, so I was disappointed by that.

silvermercy
08-13-2013, 09:14 PM

Infinite didn't disappoint me at all. I never actually saw the issues you're stating... Sure some chapters could have been done slightly differently (like the railway). But not by much. The way I saw it there were multiple endings. Also the impression I got (after the end titles) [SPOILER] after he "died" is that he woke up again in the same room...

And I like linear games. Sometimes I prefer them.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Yes yes, I understand the story was linear.

But the initial gameplay vids gave me a feeling of open-worldness with side missions and stuff. That didn't happen, so I was disappointed by that.
That makes more sense.

The game is nowhere close to what they showed earlier, lots of last minute changes. Bioshock 1 still reigns supreme.

Hofner Chris
08-13-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm convinced that AC4 will be an amazing game. Regardless, I'm sticking around for good. AC1 - AC3 have been amazing games and even if AC3 picked up some critics along the way, I simply enjoyed playing through an AC installment. Hats off to the AC teams.

Jexx21
08-13-2013, 09:20 PM
That makes more sense.

The game is nowhere close to what they showed earlier, lots of last minute changes. Bioshock 1 still reigns supreme.

Yes. Original BioShock be the best one.

kriegerdesgottes
08-13-2013, 09:29 PM
I'll be done. I said this after Revelations and AC3 was not that great. So far I am not impressed by AC4. It looks like AC3.5 with pirates. Not interested. But I want to love the franchise like I used to so I will give it one last chance to not let me down. This is it though. I can't take one more crap AC game.

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 09:33 PM
But I want to love the franchise like I used to so I will give it one last chance to not let me down. This is it though. I can't take one more crap AC game.
Hear hear.

Shahkulu101
08-13-2013, 09:35 PM
I'll be done. I said this after Revelations and AC3 was not that great. So far I am not impressed by AC4. It looks like AC3.5 with pirates. Not interested. But I want to love the franchise like I used to so I will give it one last chance to not let me down. This is it though. I can't take one more crap AC game.

There are so many unique elements in the game that weren't in AC3. The only glaring similarity is the combat system. The rest are either staples of the series(like assassination contracts) or new introductions to the series, such as plantations, underground caves and underwater sequences, harpooning and more. It's not quite AC3.5.

silvermercy
08-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Well Edward IS a Kenway...

ProletariatPleb
08-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Well Edward IS a Kenway...
What do you mean?

silvermercy
08-13-2013, 09:44 PM
What do you mean?
In reply to why it may feel like AC3.5 to some.

LoyalACFan
08-13-2013, 10:46 PM
In reply to why it may feel like AC3.5 to some.

I don't think it's so much the bloodline that people are worried about. After all, Connor and Edward couldn't be more different in terms of personality, regardless of how they're related. I think a lot of people are concerned because AC3 totally revamped the feel of AC (for better or for worse) and AC4 looks like it's keeping almost all of the changes AC3 made, not to mention it's only separated from its predecessor by one generation.

Personally, I don't take issue with it. In retrospect, I see AC3 as the devs saying "Hey, let's throw in a ton of new ideas" and AC4 is where they realize "Well, many of those ideas failed, so let's drop them and build upon the ones that succeeded." Hopefully it will take the best features of AC3 and make a much better game out of them.

pacmanate
08-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Cry in a corner and become addicted to meth

But I already do one of them D:

silvermercy
08-13-2013, 10:49 PM
"Hey, let's throw in a ton of new ideas" and AC4 is where they realize "Well, many of those ideas failed, so let's drop them and build upon the ones that succeeded." Hopefully it will take the best features of AC3 and make a much better game out of them.
Yes, it feels that way indeed. Well, at least for now! ^^

Assassin_M
08-13-2013, 11:20 PM
I`ll laugh at you all, revive my out of black flag thread and tell you "I ****ING TOLD YOU SO"

ArabianFrost
08-13-2013, 11:39 PM
I`ll laugh at you all, revive my out of black flag thread and tell you "I ****ING TOLD YOU SO"

Wait, you actually won't buy it after all the stuff they did for the hardcore fans of the series?

Assassin_M
08-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Wait, you actually won't buy it after all the stuff they did for the hardcore fans of the series?
after all the stuff THEY SAID they did for the hardcore fans...

Yes....at least not on release day

Templar_Az
08-14-2013, 12:23 AM
If AC 4 turns out crap I would just hope AC 5 would be good.

pirate1802
08-14-2013, 04:26 AM
Bioshock 1 still reigns supreme.

Hell must have frozen over, I find myself in agreement with you :O

Legendz54
08-14-2013, 04:34 AM
Everything looks pleasing as of now but I will only be disappointed if the modern and historical story doesn't deliver.

TheBearJew32
08-14-2013, 05:20 AM
If ac4 disappoints...my purchases of AC turns to rents..and i hate playing used or rented games, they either skip or have peanut butter smeared on them...but thats just my CDO talking. yeah CDO thats how bad i have it I HAVE TO PUT THE FREAKING DISORDER IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!!

thats what a disappointing ac4 will do to me...

just kidding

sorta

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 05:37 AM
I'll Jude you all day long.

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 06:38 AM
Build an altar to Cthulhu and pray for this:

http://www.bagofgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/assassins-creed-china.jpg
http://thegamersheep.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/assassin__s_creed___another_tale__chapter_8_by_cha oyuanxu-d5383w8.jpg
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/311/5/8/assassin__another_day_by_chaoyuanxu-d5k8yip.jpg
http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/assassins-creed-china-17.jpg

to come true one day :P

poptartz20
08-14-2013, 08:57 AM
I love those pics for a Japan AC game. It honestly might be the one to end the AC series.

But as for the disappointing me... Urgh.. it would suck I'm not gonna lie, but I doubt I'll quit the series. Once again like others, I have invested way to much time and money into something to not see it out. I will wait until I see several reviews before I think about purchasing it if not even just renting it. It will be a jour très triste! :(

OSantaClownO
08-14-2013, 10:11 AM
I will protect Ashraf from the angry fans with my life :-/ At least he tried to actually serve the true fans of the series. We have 10-15 hours of modern conspiracy on top of an already enticing ability to play stealthily through 85% of the game. If that isn't trying to appeal to the hardcore fans, I don't know what is.

Seriously though, the AC4 devs have a great vision for the game. If there is any blame to direct, it's Yves' bloody time restrictions. He will a get a visit from my archer friend, that Yves, if the game fails.

Same.
Also, I have a lot of doubts of Ashraf to actually disapoint - he have me already.

DarktheMagister
08-14-2013, 10:26 AM
As I have yet to be disappointed by an AC game....I doubt it'll affect me much.

pacmanate
08-14-2013, 10:53 AM
I love those pics for a Japan AC game. It honestly might be the one to end the AC series.

But as for the disappointing me... Urgh.. it would suck I'm not gonna lie, but I doubt I'll quit the series. Once again like others, I have invested way to much time and money into something to not see it out. I will wait until I see several reviews before I think about purchasing it if not even just renting it. It will be a jour très triste! :(

Mmm. I will quit the series but I know what you are saying about time, investment, even money. However not even the devs know what is going on anymore. Remember that thread about "Sun your son"? Or whatever? And Darby said fans read too much into it and it meant nothing?

roostersrule2
08-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Mmm. I will quit the series but I know what you are saying about time, investment, even money. However not even the devs know what is going on anymore. Remember that thread about "Sun your son"? Or whatever? And Darby said fans read too much into it and it meant nothing?That's when this series was at it's lowest IMO.

itsamea-mario
08-14-2013, 01:22 PM
flog myself.

shobhit7777777
08-14-2013, 01:45 PM
It can't

I'm keeping my mind open, expectations 0. At this point I've given up my hopes for an Assassin sim....time to adapt.

pacmanate
08-14-2013, 02:59 PM
It can't

I'm keeping my mind open, expectations 0. At this point I've given up my hopes for an Assassin sim....time to adapt.
batman?

shobhit7777777
08-14-2013, 03:30 PM
batman?

Yes?

lothario-da-be
08-14-2013, 03:51 PM
I will cry until my body has no liquid left.

Zeusel111
08-14-2013, 03:52 PM
It's **** anyway.

ze_topazio
08-14-2013, 04:58 PM
I love those pics for a Japan AC game.

It's fan art for a Chinese AC BTW.

ladyleonhart
08-14-2013, 08:58 PM
If there are elements that are disappointing, I'm sure everyone will tell the developers, and we'll just have an even better AC next time. However, I really don't believe it will disappoint me. I think there will always be elements, in any game, that you don't enjoy as much as others. Also, I feel that developers have just put so much time and effort into it and they're trying to please the fans! xD I really do like most of what I've seen so far. I know a lot of people didn't enjoy ACIII as my much, but it's my favourite. :) So, if it's anything like that with more improvements, I'm sure it will be great! xD Then I'm hoping to play it with an open mind, and I have unanswered questions. Then, I really want to know what happens next. :D

FrankieSatt
08-14-2013, 09:19 PM
I've already closed the book on Assassin's Creed. ACIV is nothing more than a Pirate Ship simulator with the littlest bit of Assassins's Creed added.

I might get it in the bargain bin for the Ship part only but there is no way this is or will be an Assassin's Creed game worth it's salt.

I'm not expecting a decent Assassin's Creed game again.

pacmanate
08-14-2013, 09:21 PM
I've already closed the book on Assassin's Creed. ACIV is nothing more than a Pirate Ship simulator with the littlest bit of Assassins's Creed added.

I might get it in the bargain bin for the Ship part only but there is no way this is or will be an Assassin's Creed game worth it's salt.

Have to disagree. This looks like the most Assassiny game we have ever had. Sure we HAVE pirates, but this truely looks like a stealth game.

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 09:25 PM

AC IV seems to have more stealth mechanics and freedom than any other AC before, with the exception of AC1 in the "freedom" department, though.

silvermercy
08-14-2013, 09:26 PM
I have tried but I simply don't understand the "this is not Assassin's Creed anymore" argument... What defines Assassin's Creed? What are the "rules"?
By definition, the only Assassin's Creed game should be AC1 then, inspired by the original hashashins in Syria. But I doubt anyone would enjoy AC1 remakes again and again...

Assassin_M
08-14-2013, 09:34 PM

You know, Frankie boy..I`v been a fan of "things" too. as time passed I stopped being a fan of these "things" and became a fan of other "things". Like Dragonball games for example...I`v been a fan for 7 years...joined forums, joined groups on FB..etc. When I stopped being a fan of DBZ in 2011 (after Ultimate Tenkaichi) I found no necessity of being a part of these forums and groups anymore. I "closed the book" on DBZ games. It was pointless to continue talking about it. It felt awkward. I`m not a fan anymore, wtf am I doing here?? so I left these places....and looked for other places or remained in places where i`m still a fan of...it makes sense, Frankie...the book is still open for me on these things..it makes sense to talk about them...

In short Frankie, you`re pointless...you keep saying how you`v closed the book on AC again and again and again and again, it just makes you look awkward....this place is filled with skeptics..harsh skeptics, but they haven't closed the book yet, man...they still haven't decided against a game that`s yet to be released...they`re willing to rationally give it a chance...

Now i`m not telling you what to do, but come on...

FrankieSatt
08-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Have to disagree. This looks like the most Assassiny game we have ever had. Sure we HAVE pirates, but this truely looks like a stealth game.

There is more to Assassin's Creed than just Stealth. The focus seems to be more on Ships and Ship battles than the actual Assassin's vs Templar's.

AC IV seems to have more stealth mechanics and freedom than any other AC before, with the exception of AC1 in the "freedom" department, though.

BTW, what do you think about ACB?

Brotherhood was nothing more than a DLC for ACII that we were charged full price for. The same with Revelations. Both were decent games but well over priced for the content that we got.

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Actually AC4 can offer more freedom.

In AC1 you were constricted to one weapon to assassinate your target with: the hidden blade. You couldn't do assassinations with the sword or the dagger, but now you can.

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 09:40 PM
There is more to Assassin's Creed than just Stealth. The focus seems to be more on Ships and Ship battles than the actual Assassin's vs Templar's.

The latest demo "shows" two "free" assassinations of templar targets..One seems to be attached to me main story, the other is like the AC2/ACB contracts....

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 09:41 PM

How do you show the Assassin vs. Templar war in game mechanics? They've been revealing little of what the actual story is about, and they are showing off mostly game mechanics.

The last video did show one of the main targets, a Templar arms-dealer.

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 09:42 PM
The latest demo "shows" two non mandatory "free" assassinations of templar targets.......

Actually it only shows one. The Templar arms-dealer on the ship is part of the story.

Zeusel111
08-14-2013, 09:42 PM
I have tried but I simply don't understand the "this is not Assassin's Creed anymore" argument... What defines Assassin's Creed? What are the "rules"?
By definition, the only Assassin's Creed game should be AC1 then, inspired by the original hashashins in Syria. But I doubt anyone would enjoy AC1 remakes again and again...

Nintendo fanboys would.

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Actually it only shows one. The Templar arms-dealer on the ship is part of the story.

Thanks!

I stand corrected!

FrankieSatt
08-14-2013, 09:54 PM
How do you show the Assassin vs. Templar war in game mechanics? They've been revealing little of what the actual story is about, and they are showing off mostly game mechanics.

The last video did show one of the main targets, a Templar arms-dealer.

Look at the videos for ACI and ACII and even ACIII. The videos released for those games to show off the game before the release showed the focus of the game, being an assassin and the cool moves that we could do as an Assassin. Look at the videos for ACIV and you see 90% ships and ship battles. If I hear one more time that "The Jack Daw is the second main character of the game" I'm going to scream. There is NO NEED for a second main character, what we need is a Main Character that actually looks and feels like an Assassin. Edward Kenway is a pirate, his priorities are looting, drinking and womanizing. That's it. That's all they care about. Are they really going to convince me that a Pirate actually cares more about the Assassin's, the order, and fighting the Templar's over looting, drinking and womanizing?

Even Connor, as much as I dislike his character, looked and felt more like an Assassin than anything I've seen on Edward Kenway yet.

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Play the god damn game and find out for yourself. It's part of the story.

Or at least youtube the cutscenes or something. All I see from you on Black Flag is unjustified hate.

Megas_Doux
08-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Look at the videos for ACI and ACII and even ACIII. The videos released for those games to show off the game before the release showed the focus of the game, being an assassin and the cool moves that we could do as an Assassin. Look at the videos for ACIV and you see 90% ships and ship battles. If I hear one more time that "The Jack Daw is the second main character of the game" I'm going to scream. There is NO NEED for a second main character, what we need is a Main Character that actually looks and feels like an Assassin. Edward Kenway is a pirate, his priorities are looting, drinking and womanizing. That's it. That's all they care about. Are they really going to convince me that a Pirate actually cares more about the Assassin's, the order, and fighting the Templar's over looting, drinking and womanizing?

Even Connor, as much as I dislike his character, looked and felt more like an Assassin than anything I've seen on Edward Kenway yet.

Again, have you seen the latest demo???????'

It is 90% "assassin" stuff and only 10% ships, ships and ships........

shobhit7777777
08-14-2013, 10:00 PM

- Freedom in terms of how you approach a target . They give you a target and off you go..no sync requirements, no specific assassination cutscenes, no waypoints or scripted infiltration.
- Encourage social stealth and make it part of assassinations
- Allow for the assassin loop - Investigate,Locate,Infiltrate Assassinate, Exfiltrate
- Focus on the core gameplay pillars, instead of meaningless distractions which don't add much depth
- Objectives are assassinations - not burning ****, escorting ****, commanding ****...simply assassinating ****
- Narrative revolves around the Templar vs Assassins...not some other thread about freaky gods and apocalypse and stuff. The compelling, thought provoking stuff is in the historic segments....the modern day segments are like bad TV show which are there because they are popular and easily consumed.

LOL

So yeah basically AC1

Jokes aside, AC1 had the framework set up for a pretty engaging Assassin sim....however...its been watered down, instead of being actually improved IMO...I'd rather improve features instead of cutting them out completely.
AC1 felt like a smarter game

AC4 seems to be bringing back intelligence via gameplay...something I'm happy about. Its a shame they had to **** up a few times on the way to Black Flags

AC2_alex
08-14-2013, 10:00 PM

You are an ignorant buffoon.

x___Luffy___x
08-14-2013, 10:04 PM
- Freedom in terms of how you approach a target . They give you a target and off you go..no sync requirements, no specific assassination cutscenes, no waypoints or scripted infiltration.
- Encourage social stealth and make it part of assassinations
- Allow for the assassin loop - Investigate,Locate,Infiltrate Assassinate, Exfiltrate
- Focus on the core gameplay pillars, instead of meaningless distractions which don't add much depth
- Objectives are assassinations - not burning ****, escorting ****, commanding ****...simply assassinating ****
- Narrative revolves around the Templar vs Assassins...not some other thread about freaky gods and apocalypse and stuff. The compelling, thought provoking stuff is in the historic segments....the modern day segments are like bad TV show which are there because they are popular and easily consumed.

LOL

So yeah basically AC1

Jokes aside, AC1 had the framework set up for a pretty engaging Assassin sim....however...its been watered down, instead of being actually improved IMO...I'd rather improve features instead of cutting them out completely.
AC1 felt like a smarter game

AC4 seems to be bringing back intelligence via gameplay...something I'm happy about. Its a shame they had to **** up a few times on the way to Black Flags

lol... true.

shobhit7777777
08-14-2013, 10:52 PM

*Sigh*

Frankie, I've gotta say..you're consistent.

You've consistently shown the inability to look past the window dressing and make quick, knee-jerk pronouncements and cementing your opinion NOT based on reason, fact checking, analysis or rational thought.....but a vague notion of what is and is not "correct" according to you.

I'm a harsh critic of the franchise, and even I think you're irrational.

Jexx21
08-14-2013, 11:18 PM
i'd kill myself

CalgaryJay
08-15-2013, 03:23 AM
Honestly I don't think it will be. I enjoyed AC3, but in hindsight, it had the same problem as GTA IV did in hindsight: not much to do. Which seems to be a regular issue with new engines, as it seems the vast majority of dev time goes into the new engine itself, and fun side stuff gets pushed out. With BF, the new engine is already in place, so I'd expect there to be more time for lots of side content. I think it will be solid, as gameplay (at least in free roam) / graphics were never the problem in 3.

It also helps that GTA V is out a month before, so unlike AC3 where my hype was off the charts, I'm coming into this one with not nearly the same excitement. That usually helps.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 03:39 AM
no I was responding to the thread title

straty88
08-15-2013, 03:41 AM
no I was responding to the thread title

Ah, my bad. Sorry.

FrankieSatt
08-15-2013, 03:46 AM
*Sigh*

Frankie, I've gotta say..you're consistent.

You've consistently shown the inability to look past the window dressing and make quick, knee-jerk pronouncements and cementing your opinion NOT based on reason, fact checking, analysis or rational thought.....but a vague notion of what is and is not "correct" according to you.

I'm a harsh critic of the franchise, and even I think you're irrational.

Yes, I am consistent. I'm consistent in my opinions based on what is given to us from the Developers. It's their job to sell us the game and they haven't done a good job of selling me on Assassin's Creed. I've seen way too much Pirates, Ships and Ship combat and not enough of an Assassin that actually cares about the order, cares about being an Assassin, and fighting off the Templar's from wanting to control the world.

The focus of this game is on PIrates, Ships and Ship combat. Anyone that can't see that really has the blinders on. To me that isn't Assassin's Creed.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 03:48 AM
I suppose the fact that most of the game takes place on land means nothing to you.

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 04:30 AM
I suppose the fact that most of the game takes place on land means nothing to you.

Nope. You are blind. Didn't you see how the Havana demo solely consisted of ship to ship combat and piratey stuff?

BLIND, you are.

Megas_Doux
08-15-2013, 04:48 AM
Nope. You are blind. Didn't you see how the Havana demo solely consisted of ship to ship combat and piratey stuff?

BLIND, you are.

Horrible, HORRIBLE person.......

LoyalACFan
08-15-2013, 04:51 AM
Yes, I am consistent. I'm consistent in my opinions based on what is given to us from the Developers. It's their job to sell us the game and they haven't done a good job of selling me on Assassin's Creed. I've seen way too much Pirates, Ships and Ship combat and not enough of an Assassin that actually cares about the order, cares about being an Assassin, and fighting off the Templar's from wanting to control the world.

The focus of this game is on PIrates, Ships and Ship combat. Anyone that can't see that really has the blinders on. To me that isn't Assassin's Creed.

Of course they're going to show us a lot of the ships, because naval free-roam is new... They're not going to show the character doing standard AC stuff in every demo for every game they make... But the recent demo should have quashed any fears you have about it being nothing but ships, and if it didn't, well, perhaps it's you who's wearing the blinders.

AC2_alex
08-15-2013, 04:58 AM
The Naval free roam is the reason I'm hopeful AC4 will be fresh and exciting.

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 05:00 AM

Them blinders is on you...

The_Heisenberg
08-15-2013, 06:26 AM
Although I want to say I won't play another AC game again, I probably will.

roostersrule2
08-15-2013, 06:56 AM
Although I want to say I won't play another AC game again, I probably will.Hahaha Heisenberg.

FrankieSatt
08-15-2013, 01:43 PM

Of course they're going to show us a lot of the ships, because naval free-roam is new... They're not going to show the character doing standard AC stuff in every demo for every game they make... But the recent demo should have quashed any fears you have about it being nothing but ships, and if it didn't, well, perhaps it's you who's wearing the blinders.

Them blinders is on you...

How many times in these videos have I heard that the Jack Daw is the second main character of the game. Does that not mean anything? How is the "Second Main Character Of The Game" not going to be the focus of this game? Do you people even listen?

I'm not saying that the whole game is going to be sea based, I'm saying that the FOCUS of the game is on Ships, Ship Battles and Pirates. If I remember correctly they even said in the Havana video that the Jack Daw is the "Second Main Character Of The Game".

I'm sorry but when the "Second Main Character Of The Game" is a damn pirate ship than what do you want me to believe?

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm sorry but when the "Second Main Character Of The Game" is a damn pirate ship than what do you want me to believe?

That you can roam about in and upgrade you "second main character", you can customize it as you wish. That its an integral part of Edward's journey. Think of it as AC4's horse, only more customizable and versatile.

Farlander1991
08-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Well, let's figure out what AC is?

It's a game that stands on the three pillars of Parkour/Navigation, Combat and Stealth, with the main game loop (i.e. we don't count side activities in here) revolving around Approach to Target, Assassination and subsequent Escape in which you use those three pillars as you deem right (i.e. it's all about choice). Are there any disagreements on that? I think that's a fair definition.

And by that definition, AC4 perfectly fits in, really. In terms of Parkour/Navigation - it's applicable for all three environments (cities, jungles, ships), with the ship navigation taking the secondary travel option (like the horse). Combat is still there. Stealth is still there too regardless of the environment, since if you want you can just swim to the ship you need and kill the target that way (something like killing Sibrand on his ship in Acre). And cities have the added benefit of social stealth (which areas like Kingdom in AC1 didn't have, and AC1's normal stealth options were really limited)

Now, I can't say if the main mission loop is the same in AC4, but so far it seems to be (and it applies to a lot of secondary missions too, assassination contracts in particular). You approach the target. The way you want. By ship. By land. Stealthily. Guns blazing. Chasing through the city, or through sea. Assassinating, the way you want. And then escaping the scene, the way you want. Of course, I'm stating this only judging by the demos, but I hope that the final game is also actually gonna be like this. If it doesn't, well... then my opinion will change.

However, as of yet, based on all info we know and seen... In terms of its pillars, core gameplay elements and approach to gameplay - it's a full-fledged AC game. Now, that doesn't mean that every AC fan has to like it, because, the detailed aspects of those things (in this particular case being a pretty heavy reliance on ships and their existence) doesn't have to appeal to everybody. But that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done that way, at least once.

ProletariatPleb
08-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Still figthing? Still fighting.

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Still figthing? Still fighting.
More like baby sitting

I-Like-Pie45
08-15-2013, 02:30 PM
everyboobie was kung fu fighting

fast as lightning

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Mr. Jack Daw

pacmanate
08-15-2013, 04:11 PM
More like baby sitting

OOoooo right in the ging-a-ma-bobs

roostersrule2
08-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Jackdaw=Normandy.

With flying capabilities and an EDI.

STDlyMcStudpants
08-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Cry about how Assassins Creed is the worst series ever and that Assassins Creed 1 is the only good one like everyone else in here does because they didnt like AC3.. LOL
jk...
I will just shrug my shoulders and wait for the next ac...I will admit though, AC 4 does have me nervous because I actually am not a fan of ship battles. ;)

FrankieSatt
08-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Cry about how Assassins Creed is the worst series ever and that Assassins Creed 1 is the only good one like everyone else in here does because they didnt like AC3.. LOL
jk...
I will just shrug my shoulders and wait for the next ac...I will admit though, AC 4 does have me nervous because I actually am not a fan of ship battles. ;)

I think AC1, AC 2 and both Brotherhood and Revelations were great AC games. Even AC 3 is a decent AC game when compared to what they are going to do with AC 4.

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Magic M, I bow to thy future predicting capabilities..

roostersrule2
08-15-2013, 05:58 PM
I think AC1, AC 2 and both Brotherhood and Revelations were great AC games. Even AC 3 is a decent AC game when compared to what they are going to do with AC 4.I think you should stick to Splinter Cell.

FrankieSatt
08-15-2013, 06:42 PM
I think you should stick to Splinter Cell.

I think I will post my opinion when I see fit.

If you don't like, feel free to not read my posts.

I think having played every single AC game to date that I have a right to an opinion based on what I have seen so far. I have yet to see anything that shows me AC 4 won't be disappointing as an AC game. It very well might be a decent game, if you play it for the Pirate Ship aspect. However, as an AC game I have yet to see anything that shows me this will be a good one.

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Magic M, I bow to thy future predicting capabilities..
My door is always open

roostersrule2
08-15-2013, 06:44 PM

I think having played every single AC game to date that I have a right to an opinion based on what I have seen so far. I have yet to see anything that shows me AC 4 won't be disappointing as an AC game. It very well might be a decent game, if you play it for the Pirate Ship aspect. However, as an AC game I have yet to see anything that shows me this will be a good one.Nah do what I want.

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 06:51 PM

I think having played every single AC game to date that I have a right to an opinion based on what I have seen so far. I have yet to see anything that shows me AC 4 won't be disappointing as an AC game. It very well might be a decent game, if you play it for the Pirate Ship aspect. However, as an AC game I have yet to see anything that shows me this will be a good one.

What about the demo based solely on stealth that only features one ship aspect (underwater sequence) but shows us new hiding spots, enhancements to eagle vision that improve stealth and blowpipe poison darts? Not to mention the beautiful Havana that is perfect for parkour and pays homage to the cities of AC2.

It looks as if you're only focusing on what you think are the negatives.

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 06:55 PM
What about the demo based solely on stealth that only features one ship aspect (underwater sequence) but shows us new hiding spots, enhancements to eagle vision that improve stealth and blowpipe poison darts? Not to mention the beautiful Havana that is perfect for parkour and pays homage to the cities of AC2.

You are blind.

JACKDAW THE SECOND MAIN CHARACTER

Everything else is irrelevant.

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Jackdaw=Normandy.

With flying capabilities and an EDI.

I actually think the Jackdaw is what the Normandy should have been. I really hope that Mass Effect 4 has us in control of the Normandy and that we can actually have some form of space free-roam or at least non-cutscene ship battles.

And customization options for the Normandy would be awesome.

FrankieSatt
08-15-2013, 07:00 PM

That was one video, ONE out of how many that have been shown so far? Furthermore, in each of the last few videos they continue to tell us that the Jack Daw is the "Second Main Character In The Game", as if the Jack Daw is the focus. There doesn't need to be a "Second Main Character", not unless that is the focus.

I'm focusing on what I see, and so far I've seen very little that looks like Assassin's Creed and way too much of the Jack Daw, Ship Fighting and pirates.

Tell me, if Pirates ships and Ship fighting is just a small part of the game than why is the Jack Daw "The Second Main Character In The Game"?

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 07:01 PM
I actually think the Jackdaw is what the Normandy should have been. I really hope that Mass Effect 4 has us in control of the Normandy and that we can actually have some form of space free-roam or at least non-cutscene ship battles.

And customization options for the Normandy would be awesome.

No because then it will become a flight sim and main focus of the game.

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm focusing
Bull ****

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 07:02 PM
You are blind.

JACKDAW THE SECOND MAIN CHARACTER

Everything else is irrelevant.

Really? that sucks. I mean it all looked so good but I guess nothing they do matters at all now.

The Jackdaw has completely overshadowed the Assassin/Templar war.

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Its the second main character of the game because its the vessel you'd roam the Caribbean in, you can customize and upgrade it just like you do with Edward. How hard is it to understand??

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 07:04 PM
That was one video, ONE out of how many that have been shown so far? Furthermore, in each of the last few videos they continue to tell us that the Jack Daw is the "Second Main Character In The Game", as if the Jack Daw is the focus. There doesn't need to be a "Second Main Character", not unless that is the focus.

I'm focusing on what I see, and so far I've seen very little that looks like Assassin's Creed and way too much of the Jack Daw, Ship Fighting and pirates.

Tell me, if Pirates ships and Ship fighting is just a small part of the game than why is the Jack Daw "The Second Main Character In The Game"?

Mr. Jack Daw

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Mr. Jack Daw
D`aaaawwwwww

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Jack Daw Ibn La Edward?

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 07:07 PM
No because then it will become a flight sim and main focus of the game.

Joker has to repair the Normandy right?

Well, at the beginning of ME4 we should be able to choose a "class" for the Normandy.

NORMANDY IS THE SECOND MAIN CHARACTER OF THE GAME.

our character is a random race who crashes down onto that planet that Joker lands on. imma be a turian or salarian

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Jack Daw Ibn La Edward?

and Haythan Kenway Ibn La Edward da London

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 07:11 PM
and Haythan Kenway Ibn La Edward da London
Haymitch ibn la Edward wala Kenway Da London-hagaydoon

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 07:12 PM
what is wala from?

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 07:12 PM

Well the time for a true evolution from AC1 was gone the day II was released. It was no longer solely about assassinating but also banking beating up cheating husbands, delivering letters etc.
Not to mention the god awful black and white story with cliche, yawn inducing villains.

Unsurprisingly, each new installment after that had more features added that seemed to stray from the assassin aspect but add to the overall game. AC4 is doing that on a much grander scale than before but still, like every AC game in existence, is keeping the key elements like assassinating, parkour and combat--making it look very promising as the pirate elemnts look to make a better OVERALL GAME. You can even stealth your way through 85% of the campaign.

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 07:15 PM
what is wala from?
My head....it means nor. Haymaitch not son of Edward nor Kenway

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Haven't there been 4 gameplay demo videos till now? One was the plantation demo which showed stealth, this Havana demo did that as well, the 13 min demo showed land missions, a naval boarding and again a jungle mission. And the E3 demo showed stalking a target and some bombastic explosions (same as what they show every year at E3). So where do we see ships being the main focus of the game?

Oh I forgot.. Jackdaw the main character of the game.. Everything else is invalid :(

Jexx21
08-15-2013, 07:21 PM
hmm.. I thought Ibn meant son of..

unless La' just means not

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 07:32 PM
hmm.. I thought Ibn meant son of..

unless La' just means not
La means not, yeah....in the context of Altair`s name it`s "none" and "no one".

La in anything else can be "No" and "not"

so Ibn La Edward wala Haymitch is "Not son of Edward nor Haymitch"....i`ll be honest with you, it`s Egyptian dialect xD

Raibuscus
08-15-2013, 07:45 PM
If ACIV failed, I'd sit in a corner and just stare at the ground for 10 years and then wake up in my bed and ACIV just got released and I would hurry to the store and get it and play it and I'd be dissapointing so I would sit in a corner and stare at the ground for 10 years and then I would wake up in my bed and I'd be the day that ACIV is getting released and I would get it and play it and I would be dissapointed and I would go sit in a corner and cry and stare at the ground for 10 years and then I would wake up in my sweat and I'd realise that it's the release day of ACIV so I would go and get it and play it and be dissapointed and I would sit in a corner and cry for 10 years and then I'd wake up and I'd be like "OMFG THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, RIGHT?!" and I would realise it's release day so I would get it and I would sit in a corner and stare at the ground for 10 years and I would wake up then being like WTF? and I would realise it's release day so I would go and get the game and then play it and it would be dissapointing so I would jump off a bridge and then wake up and I wouldn't think of AC anymore because I forgot that it existed and I wouldn't be a fan anymore. End.

Tell me if you cried.

D.I.D.
08-15-2013, 08:11 PM
I'd like to make big man claims about how I'd abandon the series if ACIV is bad. However, ACR was a big disappointment to me and the next year I bought AC3, which also had glaring problems. So, if I don't like ACIV, the truth is I'll probably buy ACV.

:'(

ladyleonhart
08-15-2013, 08:33 PM
I'd like to make big man claims about how I'd abandon the series if ACIV is bad. However, ACR was a big disappointment to me and the next year I bought AC3, which also had glaring problems. So, if I don't like ACIV, the truth is I'll probably buy ACV.

Aw... don't be sad. That's just because you're a dedicated fan. :)

I don't think ACIV will disappoint me. However, if it does I will be very surprised, but... yeah, I will still probably buy ACV... especially if it turns out to be what I 'm hoping it'll be. ;)

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 08:40 PM

It takes a big man to admit his shortcomings, so hooray to that

pacmanate
08-15-2013, 08:46 PM
lyk if u cri evrytime

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 08:47 PM
lyk if u cri evrytime

evertim*

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 08:52 PM
evertim*
evritym*

pacmanate
08-15-2013, 08:54 PM
evritym*

erytim*

silvermercy
08-15-2013, 08:54 PM
evritym*
eremite*

pacmanate
08-15-2013, 08:55 PM
eremite*

... da ****?

silvermercy
08-15-2013, 08:57 PM
... da ****?
I know...

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 08:58 PM
combobreaker dammit :|

Raibuscus
08-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Buhnanah

Shahkulu101
08-15-2013, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Mcn1Q9fWahM

pacmanate
08-15-2013, 09:05 PM
combobreaker dammit :|

I know right :(

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Buhnanah
إتق دم البرئ - لا شيء مطلق بل الكل ممكن - إختبئ وسط الزحام - نحن من إتمنك - لا تخن من إتمنك

Just thought i`d correct your signature

pacmanate
08-15-2013, 09:17 PM
I will pee on everything

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 09:18 PM
I will pee on everything
As long as you include your face...

pirate1802
08-15-2013, 09:19 PM
As long as you include your face...

hahahha

Raibuscus
08-15-2013, 09:31 PM
إتق دم البرئ - لا شيء مطلق بل الكل ممكن - إختبئ وسط الزحام - نحن من إتمنك - لا تخن من إتمنك

Just thought i`d correct your signature

Ty, what did it say before? xD

Assassin_M
08-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Ty, what did it say before? xD
Just some minor mistakes in a few letters...made some words sound weird