PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourites?

roostersrule2
08-10-2013, 03:57 AM
Now there has been a lot of tension in the past few weeks on here, a couple rivalries have spouted and about a million arguments. Now this is an off topic thread where we can just say whatever our favourite of something is and hopefully it can help us bond together again, maybe, probably not. Anywho it can be your favourite anything, food, tv show, movie etc. It doesn't matter just write it in. Anyway my favourites are:

(In no particular order)

Movies: The Shawshank Redemption, The Dark Knight and Inception.

TV shows: Prison Break and Breaking Bad.

Trilogies: The Dark Knight, Mass Effect Trilogies and both the Star Wars ones (I watched the prequels first so I don't hate them like most).

Game Series's: Assassins Creed, GTA, Mass Effect and the Rugby League games.

Actors: Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington and the best/worst actor of all time Nicholas Cage.

Superhero: Batman.

Sport: Rugby League.

Food: Anything to do with chicken.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 04:00 AM
this should be in the off topic thread.

Wolfmeister1010
08-10-2013, 04:05 AM
this should be in the off topic thread.

Yeah, and I am WAYY too lazy to think of answers for all these

roostersrule2
08-10-2013, 04:09 AM
this should be in the off topic thread.There are such things as off topic threads other then the off topic thread.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 04:18 AM
Movies: Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the new Spider-Man films

TV shows: Breaking Bad, Arrow, Person of Interest, Big Bang Theory

Games: Batman: Arkham series, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Fallout 3 + New Vegas, Assassin's Creed series, Mass Effect series, Tomb Raider, Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Portal series, Bioshock 1

Superhero(es): Spider-Man, Batman

Food: Sushi, Ramen, Pizza

THE_JOKE_KING33
08-10-2013, 04:46 AM
Movies: The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, One Piece Movies 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 12, Pirates of the Caribbean

TV shows: One Piece, Ed' Edd' n' Eddy, MLP:FiM, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Tosh.0

Game Series's: Assassin's Creed, The LEGO games, Saint's Row, GTA, Infamous, Uncharted

Actors: Micheal Cera (yes, yes, I know, but regardless of what people think I still like him as an actor), Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr.

Superhero: Booster Gold, Iron Man, Hulk, Deadpool (Super Anti-hero!), Squirrel Girl

Sport: Fencing

Food: Pizza

Music: Electronica, Classical

Element: Air, Light

Color: White

pirate1802
08-10-2013, 04:46 AM
Movies: The Shining, The Dark Knight trilogy, Body of Lies.

TV shows: Supernatural, Breaking Bad, Person of Interest, DaVinci's Demons, Dexter.

Game Series's: Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Tomb Raider, Bioshock series, Fallout 3/NV

Superhero: Batman, Wolverine, Hulk.

Food: Anything I can eat.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 05:19 AM
Music: Alternative, Alternative Rock, Indie

Element: Air/Wind, Water, Ice, Lightning, Wood (Nature, Vegetation, etc.)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100209223055/bionicle/images/8/8a/Lewa.jpg

man, those elements got me thinking of Bionicle. I loved Bionicle.

STDlyMcStudpants
08-10-2013, 05:27 AM
Movie: The Notebook

TV show: Big Brother

Trilogy: God of War

Game Series: Assassins Creed

Actor:Ryan Gosling

Superhero: Superman

Sport: Wrestling

Food: Protein shakes? :D

Element: Earth (Predominate) Fire (Subdominant) but have learned elemental balance...no bs lol

roostersrule2
08-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Music: Alternative, Alternative Rock, Indie

Element: Air/Wind, Water, Ice, Lightning, Wood (Nature, Vegetation, etc.)

man, those elements got me thinking of Bionicle. I loved Bionicle.Haha Bionicle, I forgot about them, they were so good.

poptartz20
08-10-2013, 06:17 AM
yeah.. this really does belong in the off topic but just for the sake of it. :3

Movies: Umm.. Can't think of any off the top of my head. I like alot of classics like 60's and back. Actors like , Doris Day, Audry Hepburn, Rex Harrison, Laurence Oliver, Rock Hudson etc. also I like alot of current movies and of course being the 90's kid I am Disney movies. ahh.. good stuff.

TV shows: True Blood, Dexter, Game of Thrones, Orange is the new Black, Weeds, Regular Show, Adventure time, Family guy, American Dad, Archer, Sons of Anarchy, most 90s cartoons and shows, Attack on Titan, Naruto ahh.. the list goes on. Part of my soul is probably in my television.

Trilogies: I dont think I really have any? Uncharted?

Game Series's: Assassins Creed, DRAGON AGE! AHHH! ( WHERE IS INQUISITION!?), Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Uncharted, Final Fantasy (only some titles),

Actors: Umm.. I like several actors. but don't feel like listing them. :/

Superhero: pshht... Iron Man. --- and Wonder Woman. SHE IS AMAZING. lol.

Sport: Football ( Non-American), Basketball. -- I don't watch either of these that often but when I do....

Food: I will try just about anything once. unless it's weird and smells really bad. Haha. I like greek, chinese, vietnamese, korean, filipino, mexican, and italian foods. Willing to try more! #yolo right?

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 07:00 AM
my favorite colors are:

green, blue, cyan, black, and white

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2013, 07:19 AM
There's probably tons more but this is all I can think of at the moment.

Movies: American Psycho, Nolan's Batman trilogy, Blood Diamond, Body of Lies, Carlito's Way, Defiance, Dirty Harry, District 9, Donnie Darko, Enemy at the Gates, Inception, Kingdom of Heaven, Lawless, Mad Max, Man on Fire, Memento, Master and Commander TFSOTW, Oblivion, POTC, Ridd*ck movies, Red Cliff, Robin Hood(2010), Saving Private Ryan, Scarface, Schilder's List, Shutter Island, Sunshine, Sweeney Todd, Syriana, Bourne movies(other than the last), The Departed, Green Mile, LOTR, The Machinist, Prestige, Shawshank Redemption, The Usual Suspects, Training Day, TRON, V for Vendetta, War Horse, Die Hard.

TV shows: Band of Brothers, Battlestar Galactica, Da Vinci's Demons, Deadwood, Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Hell on Wheels, I Claudius, Prison Break, Rome, Sherlock, Sons of Anarchy, Vikings.

Anime & Cartoons: Berserk, Black Lagoon, Code Geass, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Steins;Gate, Attack on Titan, Transformers Armada, Transformers Prime, Megas XLR, Swat Cats, Thunder Cats.

Game Series: Witcher, Mass Effect, Deus Ex, Fallout, Elder Scrolls(upto4), Bioshock, Max Payne, Divinity, Half Life, Metro.

poptartz20
08-10-2013, 07:42 AM
There's probably tons more but this is all I can think of at the moment.

Anime & Cartoons:, Attack on Titan

-CUT-

Yeah... the only thing that matters is AoT! :D lol.

But really do you just watch it or do you read it as well? I really just got into this series about 2 mos ago. It has been simply amazing. I found it to be really different from other animes I have watched. I'm curious to see where it goes!

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2013, 07:48 AM
But really do you just watch it or do you read it as well? I really just got into this series about 2 mos ago. It has been simply amazing. I found it to be really different from other animes I have watched. I'm curious to see where it goes!
I watch it.

I would read it but...it's one of those things which feels better when watched :p
Berserk on the other than anime is pretty good, but manga is much better.

TheBearJew32
08-10-2013, 07:53 AM
yeah.. this really does belong in the off topic but just for the sake of it. :3

TV shows: Regular Show

You know who else like Regular Show? MY MOM!!

Willing to try more! #yolo right?

Ray...X-Ray?

poptartz20
08-10-2013, 08:18 AM
I watch it.

I would read it but...it's one of those things which feels better when watched :p
Berserk on the other than anime is pretty good, but manga is much better.

Ahh! Okay! totally understand! and I must say I agree :D I read and watch it and something about the anime just truly brings it to life and I feel as like I've never read it and experiencing everything for the first time again!

I know of Berserk. Never watched it though. Um.. something to add to the list!

You know who else like Regular Show? MY MOM!?

OOOooOOoooOO!

Sushiglutton
08-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Movies: For a Few Dollars More, The Matrix.
TV-Shows: Hmm don't watch that much TV, but I did like Vikings.
Trilogies: The Dark Knight
Game series: Arkham, Zelda (not anymore sadly), Bioshock.
Actoors: Hmm don't really have a favourite, but I think Edward Norton is really good.
Superhero: Batman
Sport: Soccer
Food: Raw fish and rice.

Edit: After cheating and looking at others replies I have to add Sherlock to the TV-show category. Love it :).

Hans684
08-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Movies: Sherlock Holmes, Chaos, Wanted, Taken, Indiana Jones, Fast & Furious, The Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean, James Bond & Transformers.
TV-shows: Person of Interest, Game of Thrones, Lost & NCIS.
Trilogies: The Godfather, Death Race, Star Wars, Iron Man & The Dark Knight.
Game series: Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham, Splinter Cell, COD: Moder Warefare, Hitman & Max Payne.
Superheroes: Iron Man, Wolwerine, Batman.
Food: Fish, Sheep, Taco & Pasta.
Music: Miracle of Sound.
Books: Crime.
Comic: Assassin's Creed.

x___Luffy___x
08-10-2013, 12:57 PM
mine..

Movies: i watch lots of movies, really love the sports movies, action-adventure and animated movies. recenty watched Man Of Steel and Loved it...

TV shows: Person of Intrest, HIMYM, sherlock, supernatural, Arrow, Elementary, Justified, Castle.

Anime : One piece, Naruto

Game Series's: Assassins Creed, GTA.

Superhero: Superman, Batman, Wolverine, Ironman

Sport: Soccer

lasha7716
08-10-2013, 01:15 PM
it's funny how some people don't mention AC series in favorite games but they visit this forum :D

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2013, 01:34 PM
it's funny how some people don't mention AC series in favorite games but they visit this forum :D
Didn't know there was a rule that only people who have AC as their favourite series are allowed to visit the forums

lasha7716
08-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Didn't know there was a rule that only people who have AC as their favourite series are allowed to visit the forums

it's not rule i just said that it's funny if someone don't like game why bother going to it's forum?

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 02:15 PM
it's not rule i just said that it's funny if someone don't like game why bother going to it's forum?
I like AC. it`s no where near my favorite...

the better question would be...why visit its forum if you "KNOW" the series is ruined, if you`re not buying anymore of its games and if you`re so annoying about it...

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Movies:Oh man that`s a tough one. I haven't watched a movie for a long time. I think i`ll go with The Shaswshank Redemption too

TV shows: BBC`s Sherlock

Trilogies: Spiderman? hmm

Game Series's: Witcher, Red Dead, GTA, Uhhh..

Actors: Meh

Superhero: Batman I think?

Sport: Fencing (YES..something that didn't take 7 minutes to think)

Food: I`ll eat anything and everything

pirate1802
08-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Oh **** I forgot to add Borderlands! Where I've spent more time than all the AC games combined :/

Sushiglutton
08-10-2013, 03:00 PM

I like it as a franchise, but the execution has continued to disapoint. I think it's pretty unnecessary and mostly due to poor leadership and creative direction. Makes me frustrated.

Oh **** I forgot to add Borderlands! Where I've spent more time than all the AC games combined :/

Too late now, you gonna have to try and live with it.

poptartz20
08-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Sport: Fencing (YES..something that didn't take 7 minutes to think)

Now.. that is something I've always wanted to do! For some reason I think of these crazy sword fights with like a rapier, even though they use the foil, sabre and épée. Where I live I'm not sure we have to many classes to learn it.

Also on a side note Capoeira seems very interesting as well!

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Now.. that is something I've always wanted to do! For some reason I think of these crazy sword fights with like a rapier, even though there use the foil, sabre and épée. Where I live I'm not sure we have to many classes to learn it.

Also on a side note Capoeira seems very interesting as well!
Well that`s always been the mainstream view of fencing, but there`s a bit more to it than that. sure it doesn't make for good TV or novelty, but it`s a great sport...if you have time, try searching the net...i`m pretty sure there`re some fencing clubs or sessions near where you`re at

poptartz20
08-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Well that`s always been the mainstream view of fencing, but there`s a bit more to it than that. sure it doesn't make for good TV or novelty, but it`s a great sport...if you have time, try searching the net...i`m pretty sure there`re some fencing clubs or sessions near where you`re at

Ha! If I'm here, I have time. lol. It's das internet! I'll look into it for sure! :D A friend of mine has also wanted to do it as well!

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Ha! If I'm here, I have time. lol. It's das internet! I'll look into it for sure! :D A friend of mine has also wanted to do it as well!
Great..you`ll have someone who`s as experienced as you are to spar with from the get go, granted there will be others who are beginners as well, but hey....poking a FRIEND is so much more fun than poking a stranger :P especially if you`re both beginners xD (minor injuries will occur :P)

poptartz20
08-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Great..you`ll have someone who`s as experienced as you are to spar with from the get go, granted there will be others who are beginners as well, but hey....poking a FRIEND is so much more fun than poking a stranger :P especially if you`re both beginners xD (minor injuries will occur :P)

Yes you're very right! And Injuries no problem. We are both dumb enough to run around and say we got our wounds from sword fighting, and think we are epically cool about it. haha.

pirate1802
08-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Too late now, you gonna have to try and live with it.[/FONT]

NO!

*punches Sushi and eats him*

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Movies: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, Indiana Jones, Tron Legacy, Gladiator, Final Fantasy: Advent Children, The Wolverine, Captain America, Star Trek into Darkness, Spider-Man 2, The Mummy (1999), Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney animated movies, Harry Potter, The Sound of Music, Singin' in the Rain, Phantom of the Opera, How to Train Your Dragon, Terminator Salvation, The Fugitive, Sherlock Homes, and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows...

TV shows: Sherlock (BBC), Arrow, NCIS, Bones, Smallville, 24, Endeavour (ITV), Revenge, Once Upon a Time...

Trilogies: The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars...

Game Series: Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, Zelda

Superhero: Batman, Wolverine, Spider-Man (not the new one -_-)

Food: Sushi, rice, salmon (with bagels and without) :)

I-Like-Pie45
08-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Movies: The Dark Knight Trilogy, The Evil Dead trilogy, The Man With No Name Trilogy, Drive, American Psycho, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Fort, Brazil, City of Life and Death, The Empire Strikes Back, The Flowers of War, Police Story, New Police Story, Crime Story, The Good The Bad The Weird, The Host, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Downfall, Inglourious Basterds, Kill Bill: Volume I & II, Django Unchained, Dark City, The Beatles Yellow Submarine, Hot Fuzz, Pink Floyd's The Wall, Memento, The Incredibles, Toy Story 2, Synecdoche New York, Being John Malkovich, Inception, Robocop, Fear and Loathing in New Vegas, Terminator 2, First Blood, Children of Men, Blazing Saddles, Blade Runner - Final Cut, A Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove, Spaceballs, The Gangs of New York, The Crow, Infernal Affairs, Versus, this list just drones on and on and frankly I am tired of writing it.

TV shows: I don't watch TV anymore, but Firefly, Breaking Bad, and Arrested Development was eh pretty cool show. There was also the classic era of the Simpsons, Futurama prior to the new seasons, Colbert, Stewart, Conan, South Park, etc.

Trilogies: movies are mentioned in the movies section. There are no relevant game trilogies, not even Uncharted.

Games: Red Dead Redemption, Super Mario Galaxy, Fallout New Vegas, The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros. Melee

Actors: Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio, Clint Eastwood, Bruce Campbell, this list goes on but I don't feel like it

Comic heroes: Batman, Dream, Tintin, Scott Pilgrim, John Constantine, Alucard. Spider-Man lost his spot because I haven't enjoyed a single main continuity Spidey comic since 2004. And when something like The Amazing Spider-Girl has been putting out better material than The Amazing Spider-Man, you know your character has issues.

Sport: Dwarf tossing, human experimentation, professional freebasing. Other than that, martial arts esp. women's competition is nice to watch. :nonchalance:

Food: American, Chinese, Italian, Korean and Japanese to an extent (I hate kimchi and sushi :rolleyes:), the occasional German and Mexican, etc.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Lady, how u no leik new Spider-Man movie? He be better.

I-Like-Pie45
08-10-2013, 05:24 PM
I don't like it because it was released after 2004 so like all thing Spidey it is no longer relevant to me

but I guess you sushi sucking dogs will discount anything I say

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2013, 05:26 PM
I liked the Raimi trilogy over the new Spider-man so far ._. hoping 2 is better

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Lady, how u no leik new Spider-Man movie? He be better.

I think I didn't warm up to Andrew Garfield. He just didn't feel like Peter Parker to me.

Of course, I still loved the scenes when he's dressed as Spidey. :)

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 05:42 PM
He's a better Peter Parker than Tobey (under Raimi's direction). He wore the stereotypical nerd outfit, and they didn't even show him using his smarts in anything but menial conversation. At least Webb and Garfield had Peter showing his intelligence via helping out Uncle Ben with the water heater, showing off Peter's electronic lock on his door, showing him developing the Webshooters, helping out Dr. Connors in the lab, etc.

Personally I found it to be a great, modern conception of Peter Parker. Smart people and "nerds" aren't outcasted like they used to be; the point of Peter Parker's character is to be an outcast.

TheHumanTowel
08-10-2013, 05:50 PM
The new movie felt very derivative to Raimi's Spider-man except they did a lot of stuff worse. Basically the first third of the movie is just doing the exact same stuff Raimi's Spider-man did but not as well. Once he actually starts being Spider-man it's alright. The Lizard wasn't a great villain and his evil scheme was stupid. I'm hopeful about 2 though.

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2013, 05:51 PM
The new movie felt very derivative to Raimi's Spider-man except they did a lot of stuff worse. Basically the first third of the movie is just doing the exact same stuff Raimi's Spider-man did but not as well. Once he actually starts being Spider-man it's alright. The Lizard wasn't a great villain and his evil scheme was stupid. I'm hopeful about 2 though.
And the movie's pacing was pretty ****.
Lizard's bad face CGI
Daddycop suddenly trying to be a hero at the very end felt forced to me.

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 05:57 PM
He's a better Peter Parker than Tobey (under Raimi's direction). He wore the stereotypical nerd outfit, and they didn't even show him using his smarts in anything but menial conversation. At least Webb and Garfield had Peter showing his intelligence via helping out Uncle Ben with the water heater, showing off Peter's electronic lock on his door, showing him developing the Webshooters, helping out Dr. Connors in the lab, etc.

Personally I found it to be a great, modern conception of Peter Parker. Smart people and "nerds" aren't outcasted like they used to be; the point of Peter Parker's character is to be an outcast.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the accuracy of the new Spider-Man movie. Also, I actually disliked the web aspect in the earlier movies because they didn't use Web-shooters and cartridges and decided that the web would be part of him. -_-

I also agree that Tobey's Parker was very nerdy, unlike the original comics. Then, it was nice to see them show his intelligence. I think it's just Andrew Garfield. Lol, maybe it was the change. :p I think that's the first movie I've seen him in. Perhaps, it was his attitude... there was definitely something... I don't think it was the modern conception of him not being an outcast though. That made sense.

Well, maybe I'll watch it again and see if that makes a difference. ^_^

Anyway, I will definitely give the new movie a chance. Maybe, I'll see it differently. I've always loved Spider-Man!! xD

TheHumanTowel
08-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Uh Peter Parker was always a nerd.

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 06:13 PM
And the movie's pacing was pretty ****.
Lizard's bad face CGI
Daddycop suddenly trying to be a hero at the very end felt forced to me.

I definitely agree with you about Lizard's face and his whole head shape. That kind of ruined it for me. o_0 I couldn't find the best picture, but it should've been more like this:

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/9/90/Lizard_bio.jpg

Then, his head shape was too much like a human. -_- If you get what I mean.

Source: http://marvel.com/universe3zx/index.php?title=File:Lizard_bio.jpg&filetimestamp=20060329020742

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Uh Peter Parker was always a nerd.

I know that, but they took it a bit to extremes in Tobey's first movie, and Jexx believes that in the new Spider-Man, Parker was less nerdy because it was to reflect the modern day.

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2013, 06:24 PM
I definitely agree with you about Lizard's face and his whole head shape. That kind of ruined it for me. o_0 I couldn't find the best picture, but it should've been more like this:

Then, his head shape was too much like a human. -_- If you get what I mean.

Source: http://marvel.com/universe3zx/index.php?title=File:Lizard_bio.jpg&filetimestamp=20060329020742
Two reasons why I prefer fully animated movies for superhero stuff.

1. They can have the proper look
2. Fight scenes aren't goofy.

I-Like-Pie45
08-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Not to mention that the only time Spidey actually used his Spidey wit was that small knives jokes, one that was so funny after seeing it in all the trailers.

TheHumanTowel
08-10-2013, 06:39 PM
I know that, but they took it a bit to extremes in Tobey's first movie, and Jexx believes that in the new Spider-Man, Parker was less nerdy because it was to reflect the modern day.
I don't think it was really extreme. He wore glasses, was shy, awkward and liked science. I don't think that needs modernising.

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Not to mention that the only time Spidey actually used his Spidey wit was that small knives jokes, one that was so funny after seeing it in all the trailers.
THIS THIS THIS!

I expected the Spiderman we've seen in games and cartoons and there was just that 1 scene....

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 06:45 PM
I don't think it was really extreme. He wore glasses, was shy, awkward and liked science. I don't think that needs modernising.

I just thought the high school part was a bit OTT, that's all, and that line: "Web, go! " was terrible. -_-

As for modernising Parker's character, I didn't say I agreed with that. Also, as I mentioned before, I can't really place it, but something about Parker's character in the new movie didn't feel right to me.

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 06:48 PM
THIS THIS THIS!

I expected the Spiderman we've seen in games and cartoons and there was just that 1 scene....

Me too! xD Then, I expected the one in "Spider-Man: The Animated Series".

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 06:57 PM
"Who's been a bad lizard?"

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 06:59 PM
I just thought the high school part was a bit OTT, that's all, and that line: "Web, go! " was terrible. -_-

As for modernising Parker's character, I didn't say I agreed with that. Also, as I mentioned before, I can't really place it, but something about Parker's character in the new movie didn't feel right to me.

Some people felt like he acted like a jerk to Uncle Ben and Aunt May and that "breaking" his promise to Captain Stacey at the end of the movie was a ****** move.

That's one of the things I loved about Spider-Man though, he acts like a jerk sometimes and makes mistakes. We all do.

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Some people felt like he acted like a jerk to Uncle Ben and Aunt May and that "breaking" his promise to Captain Stacey at the end of the movie was a ****** move.

That's one of the things I loved about Spider-Man though, he acts like a jerk sometimes and makes mistakes. We all do.

Maybe that was it. Thanks. :) I'll still give it another go. IF I can ignore "The Lizard". -_- He just looked wrong. o_0;

I agree with that! xD Human error is something we can all relate too.

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 07:29 PM
God, I wish I knew what you people were talking about ._.

dammed movies

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 07:31 PM
God, I wish I knew what you people were talking about ._.

dammed movies

We're talking about Spider-Man. You have seen some of the movies, haven't you? ... You did list it as a favourite movie. o_0

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 07:34 PM
We're talking about Spider-Man. You have seen some of the movies, haven't you? ... You did list it as a favourite movie. o_0
I watched Spiderman 1 and 3....didn't watch the new one

I-Like-Pie45
08-10-2013, 07:40 PM
I threw up after watching Spidey 2012

I was on airplane when I watched it, but I'm sure it was the movie not the plane.

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 07:47 PM

Personally, I didn't like the new one as much... for a couple of reasons. -_- Then, I'm trying to look past that, and maybe give it another go.

Do you know, Spider-Man outside of the movies...? If so, you'll get what we mean when you see it. Anyway, you can change the subject, you know. ;)

pirate1802
08-10-2013, 07:48 PM

Where's your sig mister?

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Where's your sig mister?
I`m not gonna search for it >_>

find it for me

TheHumanTowel
08-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Spider-man is the best Spider-man series I've ever read.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Personally, I didn't like the new one as much... for a couple of reasons. -_- Then, I'm trying to look past that, and maybe give it another go.

Do you know, Spider-Man outside of the movies...? If so, you'll get what we mean when you see it. Anyway, you can change the subject, you know. ;)

I know Spidey outside the movies, and I personally think that "The Spectacular Spider-Man" TV show was the best adaption, but I like the new movie more than the older ones.

Most people I know in real life agree, so :/

BandicootBeav
08-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Movies : Watchmen, Inglourious ******s, Pineapple Express, Django Unchained plus many many more.

TV : Game of Thrones ( books are better but still love the show ) The Walking Dead, Spartacus, Doctor Who, 24, Dexter, Buffy, Lost, Supernatural, The Borgia ( sucks it got cancelled :( )

Games : AC, both Red Deads, Crash Bandicoot 1 2 and 3, Skyrim , Battlefield 3, The Lord of The Rings The Battle For Middle Earth 2, Spyro The Dragon 1 2 and 3, Prince of Persia ( PS 2 games ) Kingdom Hearts. Pokemon

Books : A Song of Ice and Fire

Actors : Viggo Mortenson

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 08:03 PM
I know Spidey outside the movies, and I personally think that "The Spectacular Spider-Man" TV show was the best adaption, but I like the new movie more than the older ones.

Most people I know in real life agree, so :/

I think I just don't like the portrayal of The Lizard, Jexx. -_- If they make the next one better, I'm sure I'll love it!! ;)

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 08:05 PM
anyone got any favorite books??

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Okay. Let's change the subject. Who likes Sherlock, the BBC series...?

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Okay. Let's change the subject. Who likes Sherlock, the BBC series...?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3xpw7QRUC1r4rclz.gif

BandicootBeav
08-10-2013, 08:08 PM

Yes! A Song of Ice and Fire. If anyone watched the tv show Game of Thrones should read the book series. Its so much better :)

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 08:13 PM

I guess I like The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. Well, I haven't really been reading a lot due to studying.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3xpw7QRUC1r4rclz.gif

As for Sherlock, it is apparently airing on 31st October! :D In the UK, at least. I'm not really sure when everyone else gets it.

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 08:24 PM
My favorite books are mostly crime and detective stories..

Murder on the Orient express, and then there were none, the moon stone, a study in scarlet, scandal in bohemia, the valley of fear, 13 devils series (Egyptian detective fiction)

I also love the great ghatsby.

Short stories include the bet, the most dangerous game, zebra, 6th grade and so much more that I forgot

Well, Sherlock is apparently airing on 31st October! :D Well, in the UK anyway. I'm not really sure when everyone else gets it.
I`v been holding out on watching the finale of season 2, so that I don`t have it finished...it`s subconscious :| favrotie episode is the great game...yes, it is coincidence that it has to do with bombs xD

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 08:28 PM
My favorite books are mostly crime and detective stories..

Murder on the Orient express, and then there were none, the moon stone, a study in scarlet, scandal in bohemia, the valley of fear, 13 devils series (Egyptian detective fiction)

I also love the great ghatsby.

Short stories include the bet, the most dangerous game, zebra, 6th grade and so much more that I forgot

I`v been holding out on watching the finale of season 2, so that I don`t have it finished...it`s subconscious :| favrotie episode is the great game...yes, it is coincidence that it has to do with bombs xD

Murder on the Orient Express? As in Agatha Christie...?

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Murder on the Orient Express? As in Agatha Christie...?
Yup..

My first locked room murder story ever

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 08:31 PM

You should really watch it. There are lots of spoilers around. I really loved the whole series so far!! :D Then, I really missed it and it feels like I've been waiting a long time for it!! xD

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Yup..

My first locked room murder story ever

I love Agatha Christie. I haven't read the novels, but I used to watch Poirot and Miss Marple!! :D Then, I really love detective shows!! xD

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 08:42 PM
I love Agatha Christie. I haven't read the novels, but I used to watch Poirot and Miss Marple!! :D Then, I really love detective shows!! xD
reading the books first is both a blessing and cursing xD I love reading, but it`s inevitable that when I watch a show based on what I read i`ll compare...I already create an image in my head of the characters, when I see an adaption and it doesn't go with what`s in my head I feel alienated even though the show can be really good

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 08:50 PM
reading the books first is both a blessing and cursing xD I love reading, but it`s inevitable that when I watch a show based on what I read i`ll compare...I already create an image in my head of the characters, when I see an adaption and it doesn't go with what`s in my head I feel alienated even though the show can be really good

I know exactly what you mean. Then, when I've read particular novels and they make movie adaptations, I feel like I am very critical of them. That is, when they miss elements I feel were key to the story, and some of the changes they make to make it easier for people who haven't read the books, or changes they make in an attempt to make it supposedly more "dramatic". Also, as you said, if the characters or setting looks really different to how you pictured them, it kind of spoils it.

Which do you prefer then...? The novels or TV adaptations...? Or does it depend...?

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 08:55 PM
I know exactly what you mean. Then, when I've read particular novels and they make movie adaptations, I feel like I am very critical of them. That is, when they miss elements I feel were key to the story, and some of the changes they make to make it easier for people who haven't read the books, or changes they make in an attempt to make it supposedly more "dramatic". Also, as you said, if the characters or setting looks really different to how you pictured them, it kind of spoils it.

Which do you prefer then...? The novels or TV adaptations...? Or does it depend...?
It depends of course. The most dangerous game for example. it had a pretty ancient adaption into film. I loved it. It was like everything I imagined when I read it. BBC`s Sherlock as well..

If you`v seen Elementary, another Sherlock adaption, you`d know how it feels to have everything in your head crumble :| how the hell do you make John a woman?? No just...no and the slight romance between her and Holmes (from her side only at least), my GOD -_-

Some examples of what I think is a good adaption and a bad adaption.

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 08:59 PM
It depends of course. The most dangerous game for example. it had a pretty ancient adaption into film. I loved it. It was like everything I imagined when I read it. BBC`s Sherlock as well..

If you`v seen Elementary, another Sherlock adaption, you`d know how it feels to have everything in your head crumble :| how the hell do you make John a woman?? No just...no and the slight romance between her and Holmes (from her side only at least), my GOD -_-

Some examples of what I think is a good adaption and a bad adaption.

Um... that's exactly the reason I didn't watch Elementary. It didn't feel right to me. -_- I can adapt to changes, but for me it really didn't fit at all.

I really liked the concept of Sherlock Holmes in the modern day, but I also love the Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. and I've always just loved history.

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Um... that's exactly the reason I didn't watch Elementary. It didn't feel right to me. -_- I can adapt to changes, but for me it really didn't fit at all.

I really liked the concept of Sherlock Holmes in the modern day, but I also love the Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. and I've always just loved history.
Yeah, BBC`s Sherlock made me like the concept of Modern day Holmes. it stayed true to most of the elements of the novels that I didn't really care WHEN it was set, even though I love History as well and I played the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes series till the testimony of Sherlock Holmes ( can`t wait for Crimes and punishments)

ladyleonhart
08-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Yeah, BBC`s Sherlock made me like the concept of Modern day Holmes. it stayed true to most of the elements of the novels that I didn't really care WHEN it was set, even though I love History as well and I played the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes series till the testimony of Sherlock Holmes ( can`t wait for Crimes and punishments)

I had no idea there was a Sherlock Holmes game. I guess it is based on the original Sherlock Holmes stories, right...?

Have you seen the Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. ...? I recommend them if you haven't seen them, but it is rather different to the traditional portrayal of Holmes' character. Then, I'm not quite sure what you will think of it. Some people are divided between Benedict's Sherlock and Downey's, but I enjoyed them both. As for Downey's movie portrayal, there is some humour in places, and of course wit. He uses disguises. It is set in the Victorian era. Also, he is skilled in martial arts, but you see him think through his fights before he acts. Then, I found it to be an interesting portrayal. I think he did read the novels and wanted to portray him as Doyle intended. However, it seemed very different to me from the traditional portrayals of Sherlock I've have seen. Then, it is quite lively, although, I guess BBC's Sherlock is like that too in a way. Then, I guess, if you're open-minded and enjoy it for what it is, you might like it.

Also, what we talked about before, regarding how you imagine characters, I guess it is probably an easier transition from show to novel.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I like the RDJ Sherlock movies. I never saw the british adaptation of Sherlock. Never read the books either.

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2013, 09:50 PM
I never saw the british adaptation of Sherlock.
Now that is just sad.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 09:54 PM
I don't watch TV..

I watch television series via the internet.

ProletariatPleb
08-10-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't watch TV..

I watch television series via the internet.
.....same...and?

I-Like-Pie45
08-10-2013, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq7pCe-LU2Q
2011 Best Picture

Assassin_M
08-10-2013, 11:15 PM
I had no idea there was a Sherlock Holmes game. I guess it is based on the original Sherlock Holmes stories, right...?

Have you seen the Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr. ...? I recommend them if you haven't seen them, but it is rather different to the traditional portrayal of Holmes' character. Then, I'm not quite sure what you will think of it. Some people are divided between Benedict's Sherlock and Downey's, but I enjoyed them both. As for Downey's movie portrayal, there is some humour in places, and of course wit. He uses disguises. It is set in the Victorian era. Also, he is skilled in martial arts, but you see him think through his fights before he acts. Then, I found it to be an interesting portrayal. I think he did read the novels and wanted to portray him as Doyle intended. However, it seemed very different to me from the traditional portrayals of Sherlock I've have seen. Then, it is quite lively, although, I guess BBC's Sherlock is like that too in a way. Then, I guess, if you're open-minded and enjoy it for what it is, you might like it.

Also, what we talked about before, regarding how you imagine characters, I guess it is probably an easier transition from show to novel.
They`re mostly based on the novels yes, there are; however original stories as well based on real life...there`s a Jack the ripper vs Sherlock Holmes game..it uses elements from the novels, real life and originality...

I`ll watch it sometime...never watched it before, or maybe I have and I forgot xD but i`ll definitely see it..

Yeah, you already have an image of the character in your head from the show...it wont be hard to reconcile the show and novel..

n97e
08-11-2013, 07:05 AM
Movies: Anything that's Tarantino. Indiana Jones, Toy Story, The Patriot, Drive, Any James Bond, Jurassic Park (the first), Predator, Alien & Aliens, Robocop, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Scarface, Godfather, Star Wars: A New Hope, Dazed and Confused, Three Amigos, Spirited Away (which I havent seen in a while), Shawshank Redemption, Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump, Castaway, The Departed, Pans Labyrinth, Titanic, Boondock Saints, A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, I better stop now or my list won't stop.

TV shows: Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, Planet Earth, Top Gear (UK). I use to watch a lot of History Channel until A&E took over.

Games: Dishonored, Assassins Creed 1, 2, & 3 (Can't decide), Fallout New Vegas, Far Cry 2 (haven't played 3 yet), Star Wars Battlefront 2, Planetside 2, Portal 2, Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, Time Splitters 2, Red Steel 2 (only wii game that I really enjoyed a lot), Hotline Miami, Xcom: Enemy Unknown, New Tomb Raider, Skyrim, Borderlands, Civ 5, Red Dead Redemption

Game Series's: Assassins Creed, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mount & Blade, Pokemon,

Actors: Johnny Depp, Ryan Gosling, Christoph Waltz,

Superhero: I don't care for actual superheroes, but I do like Batman.

Sport: Baseball

Books/Comics(and series): A Song of Ice and Fire, The Shining, IT, Calvin & Hobbes, The Walking Dead, The Far Side, Any Stephen King short stories.

Consoles: PC, Wii, N64, Gameboy Color, Used to have Xbox 360,

ProletariatPleb
08-11-2013, 07:09 AM
Mount & Blade
How did I miss this dammit

n97e
08-11-2013, 07:26 AM
How did I miss this dammit
I've been playing Warband a lot with the Clash of Kings mod. And did you know they announced a new one a while back?

ProletariatPleb
08-11-2013, 07:31 AM
I've been playing Warband a lot with the Clash of Kings mod. And did you know they announced a new one a while back?
Yes I do know that. Teaser was pretty **** tho...1 pic and a bunch of text, lol

M&B is one game I absolutely love because of the immensely satisfying combat.

n97e
08-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Yes I do know that. Teaser was pretty **** tho...1 pic and a bunch of text, lol

M&B is one game I absolutely love because of the immensely satisfying combat.
The teaser was terrible, but it still got me excited knowing that I won't have to keep on relying on mods to get new experiences now that I've clocked quite a while into it.