PDA

View Full Version : Picture this.

Philliesfan377
08-09-2013, 04:44 PM
The end of AC4. After an hour of credits they slowly pan across the Davenport Homestead. Then this starts to play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSkUhIzXUtU

Connor is shown reading his Grand-Father's journal. The vivid description of his life on the high seas brings back memories of Connor's life. Then his son runs up to him.

"When will we start training father?'

"When the time is right. But for now I have something to show you. " Connor replies

He takes out 8 keys he same kind that Altair recorded his memories on from ACR. But these keys have memories of different Assassins. The Assassins shown in the sanctuary in AC2. Including Ezio and maybe Altair. These could take us to different places in history and show the most important events in each of their lives.

This sets up AC5 and is great for Connor fans, some Ezio fans and people who want a new character. It could take place over the course of his son's life and perhaps be in Canada as some have suggested, maybe France. And not only would we relive the memories of these Assassins but we would also have a large story for Connor and his son. I know the keys getting to Connor would be a long shot, but what are your thoughts?

Jexx21
08-09-2013, 04:46 PM
If it involves his child, it better be his daughter.

But no.. I want to play as Connor and see him develop a relationship with his wife, not just start out being his kid.

EDIT: Phillies fan? You live in southeast PA?

Philliesfan377
08-09-2013, 04:50 PM

But no.. I want to play as Connor and see him develop a relationship with his wife, not just start out being his kid.

Yea right outside Philly. And I agree, The relationship with his wife would be good to see. But what do you think about the keys? It could show Connor about the history of the order so he could understand it more.

Spider_Sith9
08-09-2013, 04:51 PM
I like how you said "maybe Altair" ;__;

But yeah, I'd be down for this even though I'd rather not have Connor as an NPC.

Spider_Sith9
08-09-2013, 04:51 PM

Why not son?

Philliesfan377
08-09-2013, 04:55 PM
I like how you said "maybe Altair" ;__;

But yeah, I'd be down for this even though I'd rather not have Connor as an NPC.

I only said maybe Altair because we have seen most of the big events in AC and ACR so I'm not really sure what else we could use. But if there is something else I'm all for it! And also Connor wouldn't be a NPC.

I-Like-Pie45
08-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Except for the part where they confirmed on Twitter that Connor won't be in AC4

Jexx21
08-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Yea right outside Philly. And I agree, The relationship with his wife would be good to see. But what do you think about the keys? It could show Connor about the history of the order so he could understand it more.

Achilles already taught Connor the history of the Assassins. It was just offscreen, we didn't get to see the exact info. But Connor knows all about people like Altair, Ezio. Possibly even Edward.

Yea, I live an hour or so north of Philly, Montgomery/Bucks county area. I really wanted Philadelphia to be in AC3 :P

Philliesfan377
08-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Achilles already taught Connor the history of the Assassins. It was just offscreen, we didn't get to see the exact info. But Connor knows all about people like Altair, Ezio. Possibly even Edward.

Yea, I live an hour or so north of Philly, Montgomery/Bucks county area. I really wanted Philadelphia to be in AC3 :P

Well that would've been great to have seen haha And yea, I wasn't happy when they said Philly wouldn't work in an open world game
EDIT: Wait duh they did show the beginning they just skipped the rest. How could I forget haha my bad.

Jexx21
08-09-2013, 05:06 PM
I believe that they could still put it in the next game, at least if it's a Connor sequel.

I'm hoping to have Quebec City and Philadelphia used in a Connor sequel. Philly was the capital of the United States from 1790-1800, which could help in historical events I suppose.

Philliesfan377
08-09-2013, 05:13 PM
That would be great! Here's hoping!

Wolfmeister1010
08-10-2013, 03:28 AM

Really? My when I visit my father in America, which is like every summer, my house is in bucks county. In washingtons crossing. I wished that the Delaware river crossing would have been in the game!!

Wolfmeister1010
08-10-2013, 03:31 AM
I believe that they could still put it in the next game, at least if it's a Connor sequel.

I'm hoping to have Quebec City and Philadelphia used in a Connor sequel. Philly was the capital of the United States from 1790-1800, which could help in historical events I suppose.

I still think that he should go to France. Just because he is half native doesn't mean he isn't allowed to go to France! And he doesn't need to be as prolific in the French Revolution as in America. It would be like he was never there. So what if natives didnt really go to france? We all should have learned by now that AC dev is not limited to historical facts and norms.

And so what if he doesn't know French? Ezio didn't know Turkish, and he was an Italian who went to Istanbul!

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Ezio probably learned Turkish though.

I don't want to go to France because I don't think Connor has any true reason to, beyond a visit or two. Maybe he could go there for a specific mission, but I wouldn't want it to be free-roam.

Wolfmeister1010
08-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Ezio probably learned Turkish though.

I don't want to go to France because I don't think Connor has any true reason to, beyond a visit or two. Maybe he could go there for a specific mission, but I wouldn't want it to be free-roam.

...but he didn't. I mean, he learned base words, which he used when recruiting assassins, but still.

Ezio didn't really have a reason either. He was just curious about his heritage because of his father's journal.

Connor could just go because there is nothing left for him in America, and he just wants to stop the Templars wherever they are. So he goes to France with Lafayette, like he said he would.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 04:00 AM
Yea, but he actually has stuff to do in America. He has to rebuilt the Assassin order in the colonies.

And I'm pretty sure Ezio learned Turkish. How else did he communicate with the other characters?

Wolfmeister1010
08-10-2013, 04:03 AM
Yea, but he actually has stuff to do in America. He has to rebuilt the Assassin order in the colonies.

And I'm pretty sure Ezio learned Turkish. How else did he communicate with the other characters?

So then why can't Connor learn French?

But you're right, he still has much to so in America. However, unlike you, many of us really don't like the colonial architecture, and that was one part of AC3 that made the game less fun to play. If he were to stay in the new world (which would be my second choice) I would want him to go to Canada, where the architecture was at least a little more European.

As always, I respect your opinion. We will have to wait and see :)

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 04:04 AM
I hope you realize that Mainland British and French architecture and Colonial architecture is actually very similar..

Wolfmeister1010
08-10-2013, 04:06 AM
I hope you realize that Mainland British and French architecture and Colonial architecture is actually very similar..

Yes. Similar. But there are some very European churches and basilicas in Montreal.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 04:11 AM
I'm just saying, I think that the dislike for Boston and New York may also be because of the bad taste that some people got from the game in general.

Boston and New York are similar in design to cities such as London. Many people call out for London, but yet when I think of London's architecture I also think of the colonial style of architecture.

Wolfmeister1010
08-10-2013, 04:36 AM
I'm just saying, I think that the dislike for Boston and New York may also be because of the bad taste that some people got from the game in general.

Boston and New York are similar in design to cities such as London. Many people call out for London, but yet when I think of London's architecture I also think of the colonial style of architecture.

I loved AC3!! But the cities were boring IMO.

Also, I've been to London, and it is filled with these huge white European buildings that America just doesn't have. I mean, they are huge and very opulent. And while there might be some of these types of buildings dotted here or there in the US, London has STREETS and whole districts filled with them. Sure, parts of it were kinda like colonial cities. But not all of it. Trust me, it is not the same

roostersrule2
08-10-2013, 04:42 AM
I think Boston and NY's problems were not architecture but they lacked life and soul.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 04:45 AM
So just bring back ambient music and put in more ambient dialogue.

I felt life and soul in New York and Boston, but I can't deny the fact that the above would make them better.

pirate1802
08-10-2013, 04:49 AM
I liked Boston. Not loved it... but liked it. NY on the other hand, just seemed to be a cleaner version of Boston.

roostersrule2
08-10-2013, 04:51 AM
To me they were just buildings in an area, did not enjoy them at all.

pirate1802
08-10-2013, 05:04 AM
I enjoyed Boston immensely, more so as Haytham. Those snowy evenings, dat "Welcome to Boston" track playing in the beginning of the game.. Haytham and Charles Jumping across tall churches and the countryside.. These were among my memorable moments of the game. NY however.. in Haytham's words.. "I expected.....more." I expected it to be AC2's Venice. But it was introduced too late and underused.

Wolfmeister1010
08-10-2013, 05:05 AM
I enjoyed Boston immensely, more so as Haytham. Those snowy evenings, dat "Welcome to Boston" track playing in the beginning of the game.. Haytham and Charles Jumping across tall churches and the countryside.. These were among my memorable moments of the game. NY however.. in Haytham's words.. "I expected.....more." I expected it to be AC2's Venice. But it was introduced too late and underused.

Can't wait for havana

roostersrule2
08-10-2013, 05:08 AM
I enjoyed Boston immensely, more so as Haytham. Those snowy evenings, dat "Welcome to Boston" track playing in the beginning of the game.. Haytham and Charles Jumping across tall churches and the countryside.. These were among my memorable moments of the game. NY however.. in Haytham's words.. "I expected.....more." I expected it to be AC2's Venice. But it was introduced too late and underused.The only part I liked about Boston was when Connor and Haytham both first entered. Haytham's entrance was pretty much a huge set piece though. I was so disappointed though when it first was snowy and I found out the water didn't freeze, I cried for days.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 05:15 AM
"Just buildings in an area"?

That's literally what all cities are.

I'll never understand how people don't like Boston or New York.

roostersrule2
08-10-2013, 05:19 AM
"Just buildings in an area"?

That's literally what all cities are.

I'll never understand how people don't like Boston or New York.No that's not what all cities are, that's what boring cities are. Would people travel around the world to see cities if they were just buildings in an area, they could just walk outside. Obviously it's your opinion that Boston and NY are great but it's mine that they're not.

Jexx21
08-10-2013, 05:24 AM
No, that's actually what all cities are. A group of buildings in an area where a community thrives.

I think people go around the world to other cities to see cultures other than the one they have grown up in.

I still don't understand how anyone could view them as boring, but I guess that's the brilliance of the human mind.

I-Like-Pie45
08-10-2013, 05:55 AM
New York was pretty cool in that movie where Leonardo DiCaprio fights Daniel Day Lewis.

They should make an AC game about that.

poptartz20
08-10-2013, 07:56 AM
I enjoyed Boston.. New York I liked it but I thought there would be alot more. Granted Size was there fore sure. NY was huge. especially not using fast travel.

Boston to me on the other hand just came alive with people in the streets and on the bay! It was great I felt immersed in the time and all the different accents from people coming into the new world. Good stuff! :D