PDA

View Full Version : How strongly do you defend your AC opinions outside of the forums?

BATISTABUS
08-09-2013, 12:06 AM
From Facebook posts, to Tweets, to Youtube comments, people love throwing in their two cents about AC, it's direction, music, and characters. While these venues were designed for much more shallow discussion than a forum, certain statements, be them factually incorrect or simply frustrating, can just make you want to rant for paragraphs. How do you react to these situations? Do you avoid online conversations outside of the forums like the plague? Do you simply throw your comments into the mix and leave it at that? Or do you actually attempt conversation?

I know I should be used to it by now, but every single AC Facebook/Youtube post, regardless of the topic, is littered with "Ezio is the best Assassin" or "Go back to the way it was in AC2". Most of the time, i just passive-aggressively "thumbs-down" posts like that, but every once in a while I'll leave a sarcastic comment or two.

Assassin_M
08-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Were you just on AC`s official Facebook page??;)

adventurewomen
08-09-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm a longtime member of TombRaiderForums.com - It's a great TR forum even better than the Square Enix official forum. There is an AC Game series thread there that I actively post on that thread the most. :)

As I was first a TR fan then an AC fan. :)

Hence my username I love adventure! :D

BATISTABUS
08-09-2013, 12:11 AM
I was just on the Youtube page reading the comments about the soundtracks from the different games... but yes, I see the top comment. :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
08-09-2013, 12:16 AM
I was just on the Youtube page reading the comments about the soundtracks from the different games... but yes, I see the top comment. :rolleyes:

Lel..

well, I don`t debate opinions. if someone thinks that AC III sucks, then fine...I MAY give it a thumbs down and that`s it...if I actually ever scroll down to read comments.

On the other hand, if I see something factually wrong like "Ezio started as an Assassin earlier than Connor, so he`s better" or "AC III sucks, because it doesn't have a hidden blade" or "Ezio is the master of all the Assassins" (We all know Altair is) then I will reply and I don`t care if it takes hundreds of more moronic replies from said OP...

Only YT, though...I closed my FB account and before that, it was just too idiotic to even debate

silvermercy
08-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Depends on the mood I guess... Regarding YouTube comments I find them a waste of time to even bother debating. Not just for AC but in general. You go to watch a cat video and you see people arguing about the crisis in Syria. Sometimes you get relevant comments, too, like how said cat is being abused "because look how unhappily it taps its tail against the floor!" (They don't look like troll comments worryingly)

There's even a website for stupid YouTube comments: http://dumbyoutubecomments.tumblr.com/

Sigv4rd
08-09-2013, 12:32 AM
"Though I may disapprove of what they say, I will defend to the death your right to say it..."
Generally I let them have there own opinions.

albertwesker22
08-09-2013, 12:51 AM
"Ezio is the master of all the Assassins" (We all know Altair is)

I hope we all know that :D

Assassin_M
08-09-2013, 12:54 AM
I also tend to correct misconceptions about Ezio, Altair or Connor being related.....It`s so rampant it`s stupid

Wolfmeister1010
08-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Depends on the mood I guess... Regarding YouTube comments I find them a waste of time to even bother debating. Not just for AC but in general. You go to watch a cat video and you see people arguing about the crisis in Syria. Sometimes you get relevant comments, too, like how said cat is being abused "because look how unhappily it taps its tail against the floor!" (They don't look like troll comments worryingly)

There's even a website for stupid YouTube comments: http://dumbyoutubecomments.tumblr.com/

Thanks for this. I'm gonna have a fun night

pirate1802
08-09-2013, 03:50 AM
I defend it pretty strongly. So strongly that as soon as I start speaking the other side starts running in the opposite direction.

adventurewoman, isn't it true that TRF is up in arms over the "blasphemy" that is the new TR?

Spider_Sith9
08-09-2013, 03:54 AM
Depends on the subject.

Assassin_M
08-09-2013, 04:38 AM
Depends on the subject.
Desmond has a daughter

Spider_Sith9
08-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Desmond has a daughter

Is not canon

Jexx21
08-09-2013, 04:47 AM
desmond had a transvestite child with both a cooch and a willy.

pirate1802
08-09-2013, 05:08 AM
desmond had a transvestite child with both a cooch and a willy.

Headcanon accepted.

poptartz20
08-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Haha.. what I don't get is where do people get some of the random info. Like Desmond's daughter. or that Haytham was an assassin then he didn't like the ways and changed. or that Lucy wasn't a Templar? it's just crazy. I want to roundhouse kick these people. lol.

but anyways. I'll throw in my two cents but I don't get crazy about it. No point. lol.

pirate1802
08-09-2013, 10:06 AM
I want to roundhouse kick these people. lol..

Desmond has a daughter

*Takes a seat*

ACfan443
08-09-2013, 03:01 PM
I defend it very strongly, but it became hard after AC3. Now my friends have a lot of material to work with, and will usually gang up and slaughter me in discussions. I still endeavour nonetheless.
I defend it quite a bit on neogaf as well, they run an AC hate club over there. Trying to find positive comments of the franchise over there is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Spider_Sith9
08-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I defend it very strongly, but it became hard after AC3. Now my friends have a lot of material to work with, and will usually gang up and slaughter me in discussions. I still endeavour nonetheless.
I defend it quite a bit on neogaf as well, they run an AC hate club over there. Trying to find positive comments of the franchise over there is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Hmph! I just try and find weapons to use against Connor haters (and formerly Altair haters because we all know Ezio is the best) as well as Templar Sheep who think their way is the all pefect solution to the series.

Hans684
08-09-2013, 04:09 PM
I just say my option, correct misinformation and ask them what AC is, but i say my option rearly becouse a debute is most of he time around options.

HawkMan886
08-09-2013, 05:39 PM
I am a regular on the PlayStation forums I will mention I am going to Play Assassins Creed IV on the PS4 I do not bash anyone who does not like Assassins Creed Though

JamJar502
08-09-2013, 10:32 PM
I only tend to talk about AC with my real-life friends, who mostly have the same opinions on the subject of AC.

Gi1t
08-10-2013, 12:01 AM
I only tend to talk about AC with my real-life friends, who mostly have the same opinions on the subject of AC.

Same. One of my friends kind of lost interest in it at the same time I did and he's really the only one I tend to discuss it with when not on Ubisoft forums. XD