PDA

View Full Version : button command HOTAS T-flight x

mennelik76
08-07-2013, 12:05 PM
hi, I want to assign my buttons for commands like raise and change flaps lower raise gear etc. with the buttons situated on my throttle stick, but in the HOTAS Section I push the chosen button but nothing happens so any advice is helpful

cheers

Tully__
08-07-2013, 02:46 PM
The HOTAS section is for axis control assignements. For controls such as flaps, trim and such that can be assigned to button or axis, you'll find another entry in another parts of the controls screen. Keyboard / button assignments for flaps, gear, manual gear, brakes and trim are all in the "Aircraft Controls" section at the top of the controls screen. You can assign none, one or two different key/button combinations to each control. If your joystick buttons are working in the Windows Game Controllers utility then they should assign in the game exactly the same as keyboard keys.

The T-Flight HOTAS X you mention in your other post has a throttle control that should be assigned in the HOTAS section of IL2's controls screen, along with the rudder, aileron and elevator controls. The remaining axis on this controller isn't much use because both the stick twist and the "rocker" on the throttle handle have centering springs. This makes them unsuitable for pretty much anything but rudder unfortunately, so just pick which one you prefer to use and assign it accordingly in the game.

It also looks like the Thrustmaster profilling software has improved since I owned one of those about 10 years ago. Try to learn to use it, it will make switching control assignments for different games or aircraft much easier.