PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Sofia working on Assassinís Creed IV, is why Vita isnít getting its own game

catkiller97
08-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Ubisoft Sofia working on Assassin’s Creed IV, is why Vita isn’t getting its own game

Last year, Ubisoft put out Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation alongside the console game. But there’s no similar plan for Assassin’s Creed IV.

Game director Ashraf Ismail told VideoGamer that Ubisoft Sofia – the team behind Liberation – is currently assisting with development of Assassin’s Creed IV. So even though Liberation’s sales were “fairly decent”, the PS Vita won’t be getting an Assassin’s Creed this year due to the amount of resources AC IV requires.

“Liberation actually did very well – we’re very proud of it. Sales were fairly decent. But the focus for us was Assassin’s Creed 4, for current-gen consoles and next-gen consoles. From a resource standpoint, the team that worked on Liberation is actually working with us on AC4. They’re developing a specific part of the game for us. The amount of people working on AC4, Watch Dogs – that’s a massive game – the focus within Ubisoft right now is on these two games, and then you have The Crew and The Division as well.”

Source (http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/ubisoft_explains_lack_of_assassins_creed_on_ps_vit a_this_year.html)

ze_topazio
08-06-2013, 05:05 PM
What about the 3DS?

Assassin_M
08-06-2013, 05:08 PM
What about the 3DS?
It becomes a full fledged game 3 months later

roostersrule2
08-06-2013, 05:09 PM
It becomes a full fledged game 3 months laterWith sound too.

ze_topazio
08-06-2013, 05:21 PM
But no glasses free 3D.

Oleg l Kirrlov
08-06-2013, 05:24 PM
So if you have another console why would buy AC4 for the 3ds. Sounds like a waste of $$

ze_topazio
08-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Not AC4, it would be "Assassin's Creed Winter is Coming™" a spin-off in Westeros.

pirate1802
08-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Not AC4, it would be "Assassin's Creed Winter is Coming™" a spin-off in Westeros.

I'd preorder that.

Spider_Sith9
08-06-2013, 05:34 PM
No surprise. I long knew this when I found out the studio listings.

ladyleonhart
08-06-2013, 07:01 PM
It doesn't necessarily mean there won't be one in future. I'm sure they just wanted to make sure ACIV is perfect, which doesn't surprise me at all given the number of complaints before it has actually been released. :eek:

Assassin_M
08-06-2013, 07:08 PM
It doesn't necessarily mean there won't be one in future. I'm sure they just wanted to make sure ACIV is perfect, which doesn't surprise me at all given the number of complaints before it has actually been released. :eek:
See?? complaints can sometimes be good :P

ladyleonhart
08-06-2013, 07:10 PM
See?? complaints can sometimes be good :P

Everyone's just spoiled. -_-

poptartz20
08-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Umm... this makes me wonder how AC4 will be. It seems that they have pulled alot of resources into this game alone. If this helps with the overall quality of the game I really don't have a problem with no vita release this year.