PDA

View Full Version : AC Revelations graphical glitches

Animator_Alex
08-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Hi, I am currently playing through AC:R and I have this fps glitch where the game will be running at 60 fps most of the time, but randomly it will drop down to anywhere in between 0-15 frames when nothing graphically intense is happening on screen. Sometimes it will just freeze for about half a second. Is this a known problem? Is there anyway to fix it?

BlastThyName
08-03-2013, 05:22 PM
It's not a glitch, it's just that the CPU load is not ideally balanced.

What's your CPU ?

Animator_Alex
08-03-2013, 06:13 PM
I can run AC Brotherhood just fine, this is the only one that does this.

CPU Type: AMD Phenom II Quad-Core
CPU Speed: N950(2.1GHz)
CPU L2 Cache: 4 x 512KB

BlastThyName
08-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Phenom II Quad Core is not complete enough, it's too vague.

Download CPU-Z to know the exact model of your CPU. For instance there are Phenom II 940/955/965.
What's your GPU ?

As it stands Revelations is more demanding than Brotherhood so it's normal that is does not run as well.

Animator_Alex
08-03-2013, 07:16 PM
But Revelations actually runs better than Brotherhood, I get 50-60 fps most of the time on Revelations but I got about 25-30 fps on Brotherhood. but every now and then Revelations will stutter like I said.
GPU: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650
CPU details: http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p793/CheekAlex/CPU_zps46d5401f.png

BlastThyName
08-03-2013, 08:09 PM
This is an extremely low end laptop, it's no wonder the game does not run smooth 100% of the time.
You should know that laptop parts can work but are not officially supported by the game.

So so man, it's not a "glitch" it's your hardware that is not up to scratch. ;)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/203114-PC-Release-date-System-Requirements-for-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed-Revelations-Forums

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported.

Animator_Alex
08-04-2013, 12:07 AM
It isn't "extremely low end". Maybe for Assassin's Creed standards but I can run most new games at 30-40 fps.
Also the fps doesn't change if I lower graphics settings. It still happens even on the lowest graphics settings.

BlastThyName
08-04-2013, 11:29 AM
It isn't "extremely low end". Maybe for Assassin's Creed standards but I can run most new games at 30-40 fps.
Also the fps doesn't change if I lower graphics settings. It still happens even on the lowest graphics settings.
There is nothing you can do, the game has been meant to support laptop low end cards, as such the game will never perform as it would on gaming PCs.

It's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with your hardware.

Don't worry though, next-generation laptops should improve greatly. ;)

Hope that helps.

Animator_Alex
08-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Do you have ay tips on how to make it run better other than lower graphics settings?

BlastThyName
08-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Do you have ay tips on how to make it run better other than lower graphics settings?

Nothing springs to mind, as I said it's your PC that is to blame. The game simply does not support laptop GPUs and a HD5650 is extremely slow, it has never been meant to run graphically intensive games.

Animator_Alex
08-05-2013, 05:05 AM
I think it is a problem with the game because I tried it on my desktop computer that is very high-end, and I see the same problem only a lot less noticable. But it is still stuttering. Also on the laptop and desktop PC it only happens in places I haven't been to, like once I run over to somewhere it will stutter but when I go back to that same place it won't stutter anymore in that area until I restart the game.

BlastThyName
08-05-2013, 09:08 PM
I think it is a problem with the game because I tried it on my desktop computer that is very high-end, and I see the same problem only a lot less noticable. But it is still stuttering. Also on the laptop and desktop PC it only happens in places I haven't been to, like once I run over to somewhere it will stutter but when I go back to that same place it won't stutter anymore in that area until I restart the game.

I never had problems on my fairly high end machine. But the CPU load is not well spread that's for sure.

Just make sure that you have the latest drivers and that your GPU is not overheating.

Seriously_Soft
08-06-2013, 12:23 PM

Sounds like it could be a problem with your RAM? How many GB of RAM do you have?

Otherwise your only option besides replacing parts (not sure how viable this is with laptops) would be to overclock your CPU if possible / worthwhile

BlastThyName
08-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Overclocking the CPU will definitely help but ultimately the game is simply not well optimized for quad core processors.

Animator_Alex
08-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Sounds like it could be a problem with your RAM? How many GB of RAM do you have?

Otherwise your only option besides replacing parts (not sure how viable this is with laptops) would be to overclock your CPU if possible / worthwhile

I have 4GB of RAM, I have overclocked my GPU but i don't know how to overclock my CPU. is that even possible on a laptop?

BlastThyName
08-06-2013, 06:36 PM
I have 4GB of RAM, I have overclocked my GPU but i don't know how to overclock my CPU. is that even possible on a laptop?

Not, it's not possible on a laptop. On a CPU bound game overclocking your GPU won't help much at all.

Anyway, on my rig Revelations runs at 60fps locked. AC3 runs at 45-60fps.