PDA

View Full Version : How about some more realism?

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Three things I think FB really needs

Airframe Overstressing from unrealistic quick manuevers, and a G's meter in the bottom left hud would be nice. "most important"

Each aircraft not having its own Blackout level, we need a equal g's meter so pilots start blacking out the same time from G's. Maybe you did it that way for the g suits p47 and p51 pilots wore, but on my lan i tested a 109g10 turning with the la7 same bank and elevator control and the 109 blacks out while the la7 dont,

Pilot head leans, online pilot head follows track ir, pov etc, and we can tell whos using the trackir betas that way

Fuel Tank selectors, and mid air fuel dump, so far we can just choose 25 50 75 100.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

Message Edited on 07/04/0306:40AM by LeadSpitter_

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Three things I think FB really needs

Airframe Overstressing from unrealistic quick manuevers, and a G's meter in the bottom left hud would be nice. "most important"

Each aircraft not having its own Blackout level, we need a equal g's meter so pilots start blacking out the same time from G's. Maybe you did it that way for the g suits p47 and p51 pilots wore, but on my lan i tested a 109g10 turning with the la7 same bank and elevator control and the 109 blacks out while the la7 dont,

Pilot head leans, online pilot head follows track ir, pov etc, and we can tell whos using the trackir betas that way

Fuel Tank selectors, and mid air fuel dump, so far we can just choose 25 50 75 100.

Message Edited on 07/04/0306:40AM by LeadSpitter_

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 08:48 AM
LeadSpitter_ wrote:

- Airframe Overstressing from unrealistic quick
- manuevers

Some say it's there, but I haven't seen it myself. At least breaking things in a sharp manouver when damaged makes sense.

-
- Each aircraft not having its own Blackout level, we
- need a equal g's meter so pilots start blacking out
- the same time from G's.

Why? The amount of G's you can take does depend on the plane, or rather on the the cockpit, or rather how you sit in the cockpit. The more upright you sit, the more G sensitive you become, and of course, the more you lean back and have your feet stretched forwards, the less sensitive you are.

- Fuel Tank selectors, and mid air fuel dump, so far
- we can just choose 25 50 75 100.

Yup. Weight and balance, always important.

And of course... weather and its effect on the planes. We don't really have weather now. We do see a difference in performance between winter/summer, which is good. We also have strong winds in the so called thunderstorms, but we have no wind at all in nice weather. The turbulence is really weird and doesn't resemble the real feeling at all. We only have one cloud layer, cannot alter cloud density, do not have different kinds of clouds with their different hazards (turbulence, icing.) Air pressure is fundamental to the altimeter, so it's important. There's no locality in weather. So, without making IL-2:FB a meteorological sim, adding some more of weather would be nice. Oh, well, I know... I sound like a broken record on this thing, and since it's only me it's probably not important.
_
/Bjorn.

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Oh god (oleg) please make this "overstressing" a look-up table. I just stumbled my way through a course on strength of materials, and Oleg better use look-up tables for all the different kinds of aluminum, wood, joints, beams, etc... I am getting bored flying the only plane in the sky because 2 aircraft cripple my Intel chip. If I want a Pure Flight Sim I can get Microsoft's. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

swingman::
-- I sound like a broken record on this thing,

swingman you swing dude! But the local FB weather environment is so unrealistically sterile, why bother with "realism?" But the DirectX sunset/sunrise sky is awesome, and nothing is as haunting as the FB moon. Really adds taste to night missions.

The big problem is the dogfight whiners never bother to *look* up at the real sky and see the kind of world they would be fighting in real life. By human nature, people scan the ground beneath their feet, and the sky above never had practical meaning for human-vs-human combat...until 1914. Looking up is not in our biological genes.

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 01:54 PM
It hasn't happened to me recently, but I'm pretty sure when I was a little newer to FB that I did break planes due to overstressing them mechanically. I think it's usually the wings that break off.

Hence, why is it important to have the body break, if breaking the wings off will basically have the same effect?

XyZspineZyX
07-04-2003, 07:59 PM
there is no overstressing or airframes in FB, there is just a max dive speed which your alierons rudder and wings fall off then you explode into a million pieces.