PDA

View Full Version : You know what? I do NOT want another Connor game...

Pages : [1] 2

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 10:09 AM
This may be the 1st thread about this topic but honestly, I play games not to get bored. I've played the whole franchise from AC1 to ACIII (along with the ToKW DLC) and I think Connor does not deserve another game. Not in America, not anywhere, especially not France... that would be pretty dumb.

We are bored and tired and don't really care about his future role and life nor how or when he dies. For me AC3 was by far the worst AC games I ever played, they basically ramrodded Connor into every event of the american revolution and we barely had any assassinations, it was a completely different game from what I expected from ASSASSIN'S Creed.

http://puu.sh/3PgR6.jpg

He is a wooden character who only knows two things, being angry and being oblivious to everything around him. We do not need another boring game set in colonial america. I do not want to herd pigs, I want to Assassinate people in an Assassin's Creed Game.

Of course, in the end that's Ubisoft's decision if they think Sameface McWooden needs another game but seeing as how AC3 completely shook my faith in the franchise, I would hope they do not repeat this mistake of having a character who is so idealistic that he is blind to the obvious truth and not 'green' to the ways worlds, afterall the creed commands one to be wise.

===========================================

Tl;dr version - His story is over, he wasn't a very good character and we do not need another game with him. The rest of the story could very well be done in a comic or short movie. Ezio had 3 games, that was stretching it and still he needed a short movie for his arc to finish. I do not want them to stretch Connor the same was as they did Ezio.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 10:14 AM
I agree, Colonial america was such a bland setting, the urban areas were dull and boring and offered very little, even the fronteir wasn't great, it was a sparse area of trees, and those weren't even fully utilised, all the action happened in open areas or around buildings anyway, non of that stalking our human prey through the forest.
And the story, oh the story, it really wasn't that great, it just felt empty.

Which i s a shame, because america is the only place that makes sense for connor to be. A big part of connors character is his connection with his land, he's half mohawk half british, that conflict between native and immigrant was part of what drove the story and made the chracter, throwing him ito france or somesuch makes no sense, there's no reason for it except to push out another game.
and why should he have another game? because ubi got greedy with ezio?

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsEKfg95T50

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 10:18 AM
And why should there be another game? "to finish his story/" They told a story in AC3, they finished it. They don't need to go through the entire life of every single bloody assassin.

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 10:22 AM
And why should there be another game? "to finish his story/" They told a story in AC3, they finished it. They don't need to go through the entire life of every single bloody assassin.

Agreed.

To be honest, I don't really care if he gets one. If he does, make sure he isn't bland... but then again, isn't that his character? Playing AC3 again, hes so arrogant. Even when Achilles gives him the hidden blades, he snatches them off him.

dinesen68
07-30-2013, 10:22 AM
I agree. Connor doesn't need/deserve another game. Most of his 'interesting' deeds have been told in AC3. The least he can get is a comic.

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 10:25 AM
This may be the 1st thread about this topic but honestly, I play games not to get bored. I've played the whole franchise from AC1 to ACIII (along with the ToKW DLC) and I think Connor deserves another game.
We are excited and curious and we really care about his future role and life and how or when he dies. Who knew AC3 was going to be so brilliant and awesome and by far the best Assassin's Creed game ever!
let it go, mate...why are you even here??

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 10:25 AM
This may be the 1st thread about this topic but honestly, I play games not to get bored. I've played the whole franchise from AC1 to ACIII (along with the ToKW DLC) and I think Connor deserves another game.
We are excited and curious and we really care about his future role and life and how or when he dies. Who knew AC3 was going to be so brilliant and awesome and by far the best Assassin's Creed game ever!

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 10:26 AM

why not?

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 10:28 AM
So, copied and edited sid's post, which itself was a copied and edited post?

poptartz20
Were we even playing the same game? I can't really agree with this at all. Yes AC3 was fundamentally flawed in several ways when it came to gameplay. Which that is a completely different beast and story of it's own. But with fixed mechanics. Like the ones that AC4 will have (so we hope) Connor could come back in full swing. At least I think so. Actually Connor showed more than two emotions on several occasions, He is not a character like Ezio who wears his emotions on his sleeve. He is much more subtle, and I personally didn't have a problem with that. He slowly grew over a period of time.

Overall counting Forsaken in with this, since it is considered cannon. AC3 seriously has some of the best characters this series has had to offer since AC1. Honestly I also think this is the best story so far as well.

Assassin_M
why not?
because it`ll end up being a fight and we all know how childish and moronic Sid`s posts can be...let him blab on about his thing and let the thread die...posting about it wont change anything, he wont suddenly like Connor, he wont suddenly want another game and you`ll win nothing, BUT...if you don`t post, this thread will die...let it go

dinesen68

Why are YOU even here?

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Why are YOU even here?
doesn't really concern you

poptartz20
07-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Oh no... -_-

It Starts. Haha. well I'll go get some popcorn and see how this develops. Ha!

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 10:31 AM
i think this thread is right and just.

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 10:31 AM
because it`ll end up being a fight and we all know how childish and moronic Sid`s posts can be...let him blab on about his thing and let the thread die...posting about it wont change anything, he wont suddenly like Connor, he wont suddenly want another game and you`ll win nothing, BUT...if you don`t post, this thread will die...let it go

Hahahaha, I wasn't even that fussed about this, But i will take your word for it, when i come back this better not be a 20 page thread.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 10:32 AM
So any number but 20? great, 100 page thread here we come!!

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Actually Connor showed more than two emotions on several occasions, He is not a character like Ezio who wears his emotions on his sleeve. He is much more subtle, and I personally didn't have a problem with that. He slowly grew over a period of time.
But why a character who is basically living in a dream world? I don't recall him becoming wiser at all.

He wanted to protect his people(or so they say) and yet exactly how much time did we spend doing that? He was basically a pawn used by everyone and actually didn't really do anything for his people except drive him away....grow? I don't think so.

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 10:38 AM

Yea!! you hit the nail right on the head there, thats totally what i meant, in fact make it an 150 page thread :D

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 10:40 AM
He had a lifelong vendetta against a man who he thought attacked his village, spent his life hunting him, yet when he found out that it was in fact Washington who had attacked his village, he was a bit upset, then soon got over it. Yet still had a vendetta against Lee. Our hero...

Mr_Shade
07-30-2013, 10:43 AM
if you guys can't keep this going, without copy /pasting other peoples posts - or playing post tennis with only 2 people, it could be seen as a spam thread..

which this seems to indicate..

If you are trying to beat a legitimate thread, by post spamming - this is not going to end well..

If you have 100 pages of unique posts - by more than 30 people - it should be interesting..

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Let's look back on a partcular mission. one of the peg leg ones, connor gets to this island to find treasure hunters after the same treasure he is. these men have just as much rioght to it as connor, but no, connor wants his treasure, so he kills them all. he kills them because he wants treasure. then complains when his father kills some people.

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Let's look back on a partcular mission. one of the peg leg ones, connor gets to this island to find treasure hunters after the same treasure he is. these men have just as much rioght to it as connor, but no, connor wants his treasure, so he kills them all. he kills them because he wants treasure. then complains when his father kills some people.

Well at least Templars and Assassins have something in common.

SamBushen24
07-30-2013, 10:51 AM
I've played all the Assassin Creed games....and 3 was by far my favourite. I'm still playing it to this day. Yes there were gameplay problems in places, but it happens in every game. I loved the setting of America, was a real nice change from the Middle East. They got repetitive, mundane, and to be honest, thinking back to Revelations, I actually can't remember playing it, because I literally played it just to keep up with the story, but there were no rememberable points that I think back to and think "that was good fun". Now I'm not saying that I want another Connor game. Because I like the fact that Ubisoft has changed the protagonist. I think they told Connors story well, and they don't need to go back to him. However, this is all just my opinion, some of you guys talk on here that your opinion is the opinion of everyone else and the only one that matters. Think again!

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 10:52 AM
if you guys can't keep this going, without copy /pasting other peoples posts - or playing post tennis with only 2 people, it could be seen as a spam thread..

which this seems to indicate..

If you are trying to beat a legitimate thread, by post spamming - this is not going to end well..

If you have 100 pages of unique posts - by more than 30 people - it should be interesting..

Personally i think that what i said wasn't a serious plan to reach 100 posts but a retort to a post that was against this thread.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 10:53 AM
This may be the 1st thread about this topic...
No, it's not the first thread about the topic and I stopped reading right there. Haven't read the rest of the thread either. I predict the rest of the posts must be a rehash of why Connor is a bland, boring character (to THEM) blah blah blah... why his story must finished (to THEM) blah blah blah... In other words, the USUAL rubbish "justifications" of why a portion of gamers don't want another game with Connor.

As I said: the usual...

Do we really need another thread like this?? Connor haters will post the same thing again and again obviously. I don't even need to read them to know what they're talking about.
Oh that's right... I forgot of course: we urgently needed this hating thread to counteract the recent positive one... God forbid we have any... :rolleyes:

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Well if I ever saw an honest and non-troll thread this would be it xD

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 10:56 AM
No, it's not the first thread about the topic and I stopped reading right there. Haven't read the rest of the thread either. I predict the rest of the posts must be a rehash of why Connor is a bland, boring character (to THEM) blah blah blah... why his story must finished (to THEM) blah blah blah... In other words, the USUAL rubbish "justifications" of why a portion of gamers don't want another game with Connor.

Do we really need another thread like this?? Connor haters will post the same thing again and again obviously. I don't even need to read them to know what they're talking about.
Oh that's right... I forgot of course: we urgently needed this hating thread to counteract the recent positive one... God forbid we have any... :rolleyes:

You stopped reading there? i feel it's inappropiate to reply to a post you haven't read.

Also god forbid we have a thread that is not in suport of another connor game, when we have had many many threads in support, the most recent one reaching over 50 pages. i guess negative opinions aren't as valid. we're sorry.

dinesen68
07-30-2013, 10:58 AM

Why did you even bother posting if you haven't read what OP has posted?

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 11:00 AM

Well if I ever saw an honest and non-troll thread this would be it xD

Oh, no opposite opinions allowed? We just have to praise every man and his dog and circle-jerk, no different opinions allowed at all really? You're the ones trolling this thread then.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 11:01 AM
You stopped reading there? i feel it's inappropiate to reply to a post you haven't read.

Also god forbid we have a thread that is not in suport of another connor game, when we have had many many threads in support, the most recent one reaching over 50 pages. i guess negative opinions aren't as valid. we're sorry.
I remember the opposite of what you remember actually...

And I feel these are not opinions but hating posts just to troll the Connor fans!

. I think they told Connors story well
I don't think they did, that's why I'm so pissed off every time I hear Connor's story is told.

poptartz20
07-30-2013, 11:01 AM
But why a character who is basically living in a dream world? I don't recall him becoming wiser at all.

He wanted to protect his people(or so they say) and yet exactly how much time did we spend doing that? He was basically a pawn used by everyone and actually didn't really do anything for his people except drive him away....grow? I don't think so.

Dream world? Haha.. is this ToKW? No, but really what in the world do you mean by this?

He became wiser in my opinion after sequence 9. When he finally took a stand for himself and his people. He even showed growth and compassion to the people on his homestead. Also I believe that most of Connors wisdom is unfortunately shown more in Forsaken v. the real game. Which was bad on their end for not doing so. Either way the point is it was still there.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Oh, no opposite opinions allowed? We just have to praise every man and his dog and circle-jerk, no different opinions allowed at all really? You're the ones trolling this thread then.
No. TROLLING opinions are not allowed.

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 11:02 AM
And my words just have no merit -_-

Mr_Shade
07-30-2013, 11:03 AM

There has been some in the past with the same topic as this thread..

[general note to all]

Also we welcome both sides - so feel free to post what you wish, as long as it's civil and constructive - posting 'I hate Connor' - needs a little more to it if it's not considered trolling by some of the community.. - not saying anyone will resort to that level, however constructive posts, are what gain support..

Also you shouldn't see the '50 pages' as a target?

Surely it's about people sharing the same opinion - not the number of pages.. which I have seen posted now 3 times - that in it's self could be a sign that it's not the content - just the page count some are after??

I know for a fact - that page count, does not always mean that one side of a discussion is right - and it's never taken into account for reports etc - content and number of posters are - since they are the only true way of judging support for an idea ;)

Same as the 'we love' threads - 'we hate' threads will attract people from the other side of the discussion - how you deal with them is what is important ;)

itsamea-mario
Oh, no opposite opinions allowed? We just have to praise every man and his dog and **********, no different opinions allowed at all really? You're the ones trolling this thread then.

Didn't you realise sid? if an opinion is negative it's just trolling, only happy positive posts allowed, that's what this forum is for, praising everything ubi do because they're great!

dear dear, it seams some people have de railed us. back on topic eh?
What happened to connor not taking sides? seems to me he did everything the bluecoats asked of him whilst mercilessly killing any one in a red coat. People want more of this guy?

poptartz20
And my words just have no merit -_-

You Tried.

Dx

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Why did you even bother posting if you haven't read what OP has posted?
Because I have magic powers and I know what they said already in the HUNDREDS of SAME OLD previous posts.

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Dream world? Haha.. is this ToKW? No, but really what in the world do you mean by this?
Dream world as in, his idealistic black&white view of the world and how every though everything points to the contrary, he continues to what he is told which in the end leads to nothing. He wanted to save his people but his very actions did quite the opposite mostly and they had to leave.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Didn't you realise sid? if an opinion is negative it's just trolling, only happy positive posts allowed
I actually never ever said that...

itsamea-mario
There has been some in the past with the same topic as this thread..

Also we welcome both sides - so feel free to post what you wish, however you shouldn't see the '50 pages' as a target?

Surely it's about people sharing the same opinion - not the number of pages..?

I know for a fact - that page count, does not always mean that one side of a discussion is right - and it's never taken into account for reports etc - content and number of posters are - since they are the only true way of judging support for an idea ;)

Same as the 'we love' threads - 'we hate' threads will attract people from the other side of the discussion - how you deal with them is what is important ;)

No i don't see it as a target. What i do see is you coming down hard on this thread whenever there's a hint that it's going off course, yet being fine when the other one spent several pages talking about nonsense.

Because I have magic powers and I know what they said already in the HUNDREDS of SAME OLD previous posts.

And the Pro connor ones are just as repetitive and tiresome.

I actually never ever said that...

I noticed, doesn't make it any less true.

dinesen68
No. TROLLING opinions are not allowed.

So you regard only positive feedback as opinions? You sure are an AC 'expert'.

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 11:06 AM
No i don't see it as a target. What i do see is you coming down hard on this thread whenever there's a hint that it's going off course, yet being fine when the other one spent several pages talking about nonsense.
Because, shade`s online 24/7

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 11:08 AM
So you regard only positive feedback as opinions? You sure are an AC 'expert'.
LOL! Way to miss the point... Also, how about you stop insulting me for a moment about nothing you know about?
I can call you a newbie troll if you want to, too, you know...

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Good job, everyone...good job...Keeping a thread you all hate alive -_-

You`ll just end up being in a bad mood is all...

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 11:10 AM

So, is liking connor and wanting another game the 'correct' opinion?

Because, shade`s online 24/7

That thread was active for atleast 12 hours.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Please lock this thread. We've had a myriad of replica threads in the past.

This is not an opinion thread for both sides. It started with a negative tone to attract negative (hating) opinions. Or incite an argument. Big difference, sorry.

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 11:11 AM
So, is liking connor and wanting another game the 'correct' opinion?
I never took you for an idiot, mate...or is that Sarcasm??

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Please lock this thread. We've had a myriad of replica threads in the past.
And we haven't had a single Pro Connor thread ever before, is that right?

Let's get back on-topic:
There are so many locations to explore, you could create a fresh new character with his own set of issues and flaws, and strengths. But why do we need another Connor game?

He played his part in the war and suffered the cost of his people leaving. He also noticed that all his deeds amounted to very little. He was a jaded (and possibly broken) man by then what else is there to tell?

dinesen68
07-30-2013, 11:15 AM
LOL! Way to miss the point... Also, how about you stop insulting me for a moment about nothing you know about?
I can call you a newbie troll if you want to, too, you know...

'about nothing you know about?' And yet you are the one saying that negative feedback is troliing.
If you can't accept negative feedbacks/opinions, please stop calling yourself an expert.
Also about the newbie thing, look at your join date and then at mine.
Now that we both insulted each other, can we get back to the purpose of this thread, please?

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Didn't you realise sid? if an opinion is negative it's just trolling, only happy positive posts allowed, that's what this forum is for, praising everything ubi do because they're great!

dear dear, it seams some people have de railed us. back on topic eh?
What happened to connor not taking sides? seems to me he did everything the bluecoats asked of him whilst mercilessly killing any one in a red coat. People want more of this guy?

I see what you did there... *claps*

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 11:17 AM
And we haven't had a single Pro Connor thread ever before, is that right?

Let's get back on-topic:
There are so many locations to explore, you could create a fresh new character with his own set of issues and flaws, and strengths. But why do we need another Connor game?

He played his part in the war and suffered the cost of his people leaving. He also noticed that all his deeds amounted to very little. He was a jaded (and possibly broken) man by then what else is there to tell?

Yes.
I want to like connor, but is another game the only way to tell a story? AC has gone multimedia, short movies, long movies comics, or even a portable game. That's what they did with altair, once his important story was told, they let him end his days in the realm of the portable console.(until Assassin Greed Revelations came)

I mean they're already doing this "haytham saga" thing, i'd hope once they told Edwards story, they move on, somewhere new and fresh.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Now that we both insulted each other, can we get back to the purpose of this thread, please?

No. LOCK this thread. It has no purpose. As it's been proven before again and again and again and again..........................

dinesen68
07-30-2013, 11:22 AM
No. LOCK this thread. It has no purpose. As it's been proven before again and again and again and again..........................

How about locking that other Connor thread?

Mr_Shade
07-30-2013, 11:23 AM
That thread was active for atleast 12 hours.
And..?

You may not know, so I'll explain...

I work a shift pattern, so I'm not always online..

There are other forum managers, the US team, who take over from me when I go offline.. or the other UK manager..

So that is why I may not have seen / taken action..

We don't have time to read every thread / post - though we do try - with over 100 forums to cover, it's not suprising we miss something from time to time

May shock you - but none of the FM's are ONLY for the AC forum - we have 'home' forums - ones we are based in - however it's a large number, so we do fly about a bit..

We do rely on users to hit that very useful REPORT button - if they see spam or people dragging threads offtopic..

OR

You can PM us directly - though reminder to ALL - reporting threads due to 'not liking them' - may get you a warning.. we don't like our time being wasted..

Now.. back on topic..

Those who have had their say - feel free to go about your day..

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 11:35 AM
And..?

You may not know, so I'll explain...

I work a shift pattern, so I'm not always online..

There are other forum managers, the US team, who take over from me when I go offline.. or the other UK manager..

So that is why I may not have seen / taken action..

We don't have time to read every thread / post - though we do try - with over 100 forums to cover, it's not suprising we miss something from time to time

May shock you - but none of the FM's are ONLY for the AC forum - we have 'home' forums - ones we are based in - however it's a large number, so we do fly about a bit..

We do rely on users to hit that very useful REPORT button - if they see spam or people dragging threads offtopic..

OR

You can PM us directly - though reminder to ALL - reporting threads due to 'not liking them' - may get you a warning.. we don't like our time being wasted..

Now.. back on topic..

Those who have had their say - feel free to go about your day..

My apologies.
You we're online however during that thread's active period. However like you said, you don't see every thread, i do not wish to offend you, sorry.

poptartz20
07-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Dream world as in, his idealistic black&white view of the world and how every though everything points to the contrary, he continues to what he is told which in the end leads to nothing. He wanted to save his people but his very actions did quite the opposite mostly and they had to leave.

This was apart of the overall point of the game! (come on, if you know your history you would already know that the Indians DON'T win in this scenario. Trail of Tears sound familiar? [ This took place many years later but still] )

Also you must remember Connor is naive for obvious reasons and doesn't understand alot of European customs or ways. He fought for what he always thought was right, or whatever seemed to be the most just cause. Not realizing the facts and undertones of what he was doing because he thought these people could be trusted. When in fact no one truly cared about his people but him. and that even his tribe became pawns in the greater scheme of things.

Mr_Shade
07-30-2013, 11:40 AM
My apologies.
You we're online however during that thread's active period. However like you said, you don't see every thread, i do not wish to offend you, sorry.
If I was online and you saw something that was against the rules - you should hit the report button - or PM me.

;)

ACfan443
07-30-2013, 11:41 AM
This thread will go places.

Even though I don't agree with Sid, I think it's perfectly fine for him to express his opinion.
Now let's all try to discuss this calmly and rationally.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Snitches get stitches SNITCHES GET STITCHES!!!

Mr_Shade
07-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Snitches get stitches SNITCHES GET STITCHES!!!If you don't agree with community reporting - don't moan when something gets missed :P

roostersrule2
07-30-2013, 11:43 AM
I kinda want Connor but his fans are easily the worst, Ezio has annoying fanboys but you Connor fans just overreact to every negative thing about Connor. Altair fans are easily the best fans.

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 11:45 AM
This was apart of the overall point of the game! (come on, if you know your history you would already know that the Indians DON'T win in this scenario. Trail of Tears sound familiar? [ This took place many years later but still] ) This is how he

Also you must remember Connor is naive for obvious reasons and doesn't understand alot of European customs or ways. He fought for what he always thought was right, or whatever seemed to be the most just cause. Not realizing the facts and undertones of what he was doing because he thought these people could be trusted. When in fact no one truly cared about his people but him. and that even his tribe became pawns in the greater scheme of things.
"My history"?

And who said anything about winning? Yes they don't "win" anything but I didn't see Connor trying to do anything about it other than a few moments. It seemed like his motive conveniently switched based on what plot demanded. His people, to Assassin, to Freedom fighter jumping between them.

It's like he totally forget they existed, Kanentokon appeared once to inform him of Johnson's schemes, who was a Templar so he actually bothered.

And historical accuracy is really no excuse, if it hinders the game then approach it a different way. For example, in one interview Hutchinson mentioned that not many important people died during the American Revolution and they were struggling to find any targets to kill........then why do it like that?

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 11:48 AM
"My history"?

And who said anything about winning? Yes they don't "win" anything but I didn't see Connor trying to do anything about it other than a few moments. It seemed like his motive conveniently switched based on what plot demanded. His people, to Assassin, to Freedom fighter jumping between them.

It's like he totally forget they existed, Kanentokon appeared once to inform him of Johnson's schemes, who was a Templar so he actually bothered.

And historical accuracy is really no excuse, if it hinders the game then approach it a different way. For example, in one interview Hutchinson mentioned that not many important people died during the American Revolution and they were struggling to find any targets to kill........then why do it like that?

They could have had more templars who weren't big historical figures, some fictional ones working in the background.

dinesen68
07-30-2013, 11:49 AM
This thread will go places.

Even though I don't agree with Sid, I think it's perfectly fine for him to express his opinion.
Now let's all try to discuss this calmly and rationally.

This is the post that I was waiting for, THANK YOU!

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 11:50 AM
They could have had more templars who weren't big historical figures, some fictional ones working in the background.
Exactly, but they didn't take that route. Instead we were basically the guy who alone won the american revolution.

poptartz20
07-30-2013, 12:02 PM
"My history"?

I don't believe his motive ever truly "switched" It was more or less get involved with this war, keep it away from my people and keep them safe -- safe as in not involved with the war on any level or way. So therefore when Kanentokon showed up to tell him about Johnson of course he would jump on this. everything else inbetween is his story of growth of getting used and being while staying strong and convicted.

as far at what Hutchinson said Im not too sure. I'm not a writer or a dev. Ha.

TheHumanTowel
07-30-2013, 12:20 PM
The hypocrisy of some people trying to get this thread locked while saying the other Connor thread is valid.........

But anyway I like Connor overall. I think he's a good character but I don't want another game with him. For one I think he underwent a clear and complete character arc in AC3 and any subsequent games would be lacking in ways to develop him similar to how Ezio somewhat stagnated in ACB. Also I don't think there's much else interesting for Connor to do. I'm not a fan of staying in North America or the 1700s. Another Connor game would make it 3 games set around the same time period. I didn't like it when Ezio and the Renaissance got imo more than his fare share of games and I wouldn't like it with Connor. I don't want Connor to just go on a road trip as a solution to this either. I don't want him in France I don't want him in any other part of the world.

Connor's a character with a deep emotional connection to America, much moreso than any of the other protagonists to their own homelands. I think it would cheapen him to just send him off to a new setting. ACR is my least favourite AC game so just sending the character to a new place isn't much of a solution imo.

I hope Ubi somewhat sticks to the one game=one ancestor idea from now on. I'm much more interested in AC4 given it's a new setting with new characters and a new story to experience than I would be if it was just continuing Connor's story.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Can someone please go back and show me the ratio of all the negative Ezio, Altair threads compared to Connor's? Threads ENTIRELY dedicated to reasons why Ezio or Altair suck balls?

Then maybe you'll see why Connor fans react the way they do every time they open their browser...

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Can someone please go back and show me the ratio of all the negative Ezio, Altair threads compared to Connor's? Threads ENTIRELY dedicated to reasons why Ezio or Altair suck balls?

Then maybe you'll see why Connor fans react the way they do every time they open their browser...

Why do you want another connor game? give me a straight answer now, your own words with reasons. (3 marks)

TheHumanTowel
07-30-2013, 12:40 PM

There's been a load of threads on why Connor's great as well. Stop whining and don't post unless you have something relevant to contribute.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:41 PM
There's been a load of threads on why Connor's great as well. Stop whining and don't post unless you have something relevant to contribute.
This thread is entirely dedicated to whining.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Why do you want another connor game? give me a straight answer now, your own words with reasons. (3 marks)
That was not my question.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
This thread is entirely dedicated to whining.

It wasn't until you came in spoiling for a fight, warming our blood.
And you haven't answered my question, why another connor game?

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:44 PM
It wasn't until you came in spoiling for a fight, warming our blood.
And you haven't answered my question, why another connor game?
It's not like you didn't ask for it.

And you haven't answered mine either. Mine first, since I asked first.

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 12:45 PM
I remember the opposite of what you remember actually...

And I feel these are not opinions but hating posts just to troll the Connor fans!

I don't think they did, that's why I'm so pissed off every time I hear Connor's story is told.

I somewhat agree with this. Regardless, people hate Connor in the end.

Shade, what I'm about to say may be the coldest most cruelest thing here on these boards.

I've been here for 1/2 year and I've had my share of defining moments. FirestarLuva, the Alligances, and there are clearly from what this thread shows are people I don't get along with. You guys act so rude save few. You all really need to get your ****** **** together. I'm tired of the fighting and mocking each other. Where do you guys get off?!

Sid... I came expecting a troll thread. You have an attuitude it's obvious. Not to mention your sig seems Anti-Connor. But you really feel this way. Still, it seems more from him being such an Introvert. Just saying it rubs me that way.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 12:46 PM
It's not like you didn't ask for it.

And you haven't answered mine either. Mine first, since I asked first.

You want me to go back throught the entire forum and find every thread that says altair or ezio is bad? Sorry i can't many threads have been deleted.
The question i asked you is much easier to answer.

I somewhat agree with this. Regardless, people hate Connor in the end.

Shade, what I'm about to say may be the coldest most cruelest thing here on these boards.

I've been here for 1/2 year and I've had my share of defining moments. FirestarLuva, the Alligances, and there are clearly from what this thread shows are people I don't get along with. You guys act so rude save few. You all really need to get your ****** **** together. I'm tired of the fighting and mocking each other. Where do you guys get off?!

It took you until now to realise there are people you don't like? Life is full of people you won't like, doesn't give them less of a right to voice their opinion in their own way, no matter how much you disagree.
And i'll assume i'm one of the people you don't like, i am rather rude.

Mr_Shade
07-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Or..

People can agree to disagree - and leave it there...

The debate is going no where while both sides are fighting..

Each side has a thread - so I suggest you use the one you agree with - and ignore the other, other wise this is going to get personal and I will lock both..

ProletariatPleb

................you honestly believe that Connor is some special thing who is getting all this discussion? It happens with every character, deal with it.

silvermercy
You want me to go back throught the entire forum and find every thread that says altair or ezio is bad? Sorry i can't many threads have been deleted.
Yes, you go back and find them if you can, please. Then we can discuss.
(I don't mind it's easier... That's not the point of me asking my question).

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:49 PM
................you honestly believe that Connor is some special thing who is getting all this discussion? It happens with every character, deal with it.
Not with Ezio or Altair... Not to this extent.

TheHumanTowel
07-30-2013, 12:50 PM
This thread is entirely dedicated to whining
It's a thread for talking about why people don't want another Connor game. People positive about Connor can state their reasons for wanting another game as well. That's relevant. Crying about some imaginary persecution of Connor fans isn't relevant. Go away.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Yes, you go back and find them if you can, please. Then we can discuss.
(I don't mind it's easier... That's not the point of me asking my question).

the ratio is 1:3 there.
There's my fact, now, your opinion.
Really it's not that hard, all you have to do is think "Why do i want another connor game?" then some little voice in your head should answer, i want you to give me that answer. I can't respect your opinion if you don't actually give it.

You joined in october 2012, how do you know?

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Or..

Each side has a thread - so I suggest you use the one you agree with - and ignore the other, other wise this is going to get personal and I will lock both..
The Law?? did no one read this??

He`s serious...he will lock the 2 threads :|

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Nor did AC have the same size of fanbase from the beginning. Is your intention to derail this thread? I've stated why I think another Connor game could be disastrous but you're only finding conspiracies were none exist.

Do you have anything to contribute to the thread other than "hurr durr Connor conspiracy" ?

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:52 PM
It's a thread for talking about why people don't want another Connor game. People positive about Connor can state their reasons for wanting another game as well. That's relevant. Crying about some imaginary persecution of Connor fans isn't relevant. Go away.
And I stated a relevant question that people refuse to answer.
Yeah... I'll probably go away... As I'm not getting any answers here.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:54 PM
the ratio is 1:3 there.
There's my fact, now, your opinion.
Really it's not that hard, all you have to do is think "Why do i want another connor game?" then some little voice in your head should answer, i want you to give me that answer. I can't respect your opinion if you don't actually give it.

You joined in october 2012, how do you know?
Links please.

Just because I joined then, doesn't mean I didn't lurk before.

TheHumanTowel
07-30-2013, 12:56 PM
And I stated a relevant question that people refuse to answer.
Yeah... I'll probably go away... As I'm not getting any answers here.
You think demanding people search through the entire history of the forum, individually count every positive/negative thread and calculate a ratio is relevant? That's idiotic. Please do go away. You're only derailing this thread but I know that's probably your intention.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:58 PM
I can never derail a thread that i consider a TROLLING thread against Connor fans. LOL

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 12:59 PM
I can never derail a thread that i consider a TROLLING thread against Connor fans. LOL

That you consider trolling.

Mr_Shade
07-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Right.

I STRONGLY suggest that this in fighting stops now - it's started getting offtopic and personal -

Users join date may have little to do with their knowledge about the game or series..

AND

I suggest those who require 'proof' - research and then comment..

This is going no where, apart from an argument.

I suggest people walk away - and leave each thread to it's own devices - it is not like this thread or any others, will have a major impact on the future of the series - since currently a lot of the comments in both are offtopic.. or infighting..

The Moderation team and more importantly the Forum Managers are the ones who decide what is and isn't trolling - so I suggest if you don't like a thread for personal reasons, don't post in it.

If it's something silly or unfounded [in your opinion] - it will die out - but only if you don't give fuel for the fire..

ProletariatPleb
On topic please? We've had enough "anti connor conspiracy!"

TheHumanTowel
Well you're completely wrong as I and others have explained. Your delusional thoughts about persecution knows no bounds. You're the one trolling this thread. Hmmmm isn't trolling against the rules?

roostersrule2
07-30-2013, 01:01 PM
That's no moon, that's a space station.

shobhit7777777
07-30-2013, 01:04 PM
@Sid

I agree with you that AC3 is crap...IMHO it was..and I am not joking...is the worst game I've ever played...ever. Not just a bad AC game..a bad game.

However I feel that Connor....was just poorly handled. They Forrest Gumped the guy and didn't really put him in situations where I could engage with the character. IMO the CONCEPT of Connor was solid....its just that they completely ****ed up with the execution.

I think another Connor game handled well and one that plays to the character's strengths with gameplay lessons learned from Black Flag could be a winner.

I don't want another Connor game...I want THE Connor game. AC3 Redux by the team behind AC4.

**** AC3. *yuck*

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Right.

Users join date may have little to do with their knowledge about the game or series..

Never said it did.

You are right though.

So far in this thread, we have the opinions that, a sequel with connor serves little purpose. Were it colonial america, the setting is bland, anywhere doesn't fit the character of connor.
Discuss from there, like i said, and humantowel said, america is important to Connor and his character, another country would remove his connection with the land and a great part of the reason he fights.

@Sid

I agree with you that AC3 is crap...IMHO it was..and I am not joking...is the worst game I've ever played...ever. Not just a bad AC game..a bad game.

However I feel that Connor....was just poorly handled. They Forrest Gumped the guy and didn't really put him in situations where I could engage with the character. IMO the CONCEPT of Connor was solid....its just that they completely ****ed up with the execution.

I think another Connor game handled well and one that plays to the character's strengths with gameplay lessons learned from Black Flag could be a winner.

I don't want another Connor game...I want THE Connor game. AC3 Redux by the team behind AC4.

**** AC3. *yuck*

I agree with that connor stuff.
I didn't dislike connor really, he does what he believes is right, he is just mkisguided, nothing in AC3 really gave him a chance to shine.

Mr_Shade
07-30-2013, 01:05 PM
I know some have posted as I was doing that post - so - fair warning.

Further posting of infighting or snarky remarks from anyone - will be deleted..

this ends.. now..

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Oh I don't disagree, I think everything was poorly presented in III, but you can imagine that after being so badly jaded having all these hopes...I find it hard that they can salvage it at all.

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 01:15 PM

It took you until now to realise there are people you don't like? Life is full of people you won't like, doesn't give them less of a right to voice their opinion in their own way, no matter how much you disagree.
And i'll assume i'm one of the people you don't like, i am rather rude.

No. What I'm saying is that the behavior of you guys are rude...almost like I'm on the outside of a close knit family. Because of what I've done, nearly everyone hated me and probably still do. Guys like Silvermercy and Kaschra I'm lucky to not get into fights and may or may not be on good terms with. Hayth_M and UrDeviant I'm on bad terms with.

Look, I can wish for Connor to have another but that won't happen. Ubisoft is catering to a major fanbase and his personality resonate. Do you think people read The Secret Crusade and likes Altair after? Not many. They think Leo made all of Ezio's tools and not Altair. The Assassins will be painted in a bad light because Edward is a scurvy scum sucking **** who can't fight morally with his words to same his damn life. If Connor goes multimedia, then he's dead. He's already dead. Knowing Ubisoft he'll only get a 10 minute short movie or 22 page book telling his story poorly.

So you can assume I understand the situation very well. I can wish for Connor to return. Will it happen? Not likely. Seen too many opinions and wars and fought in them that favored against him. Will the Assassins have a moral comeback? Depends on who's writing. Face facts. Life isn't going to give you the good ending. NEVER will give you a good ending. Trust me when I say I dislike reading all this Connor sucks hate. Even Angry Joe asked if Edward will be charismatic to Ash at E3 and I found that disgraceful. I saw a poll on GameFAQs stating he was one of the worse characters THIS GEN. Someone even compared him to Twilight and Tidus. Stoics are dead. I don't want to move on but that's gonna be forced on me considering what the game is gonna be about. People who hate Connor will just have an easier time on it though.

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 01:17 PM
congrats ten pages left (Clap,Clap,Clap)

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 01:18 PM
At the end of the day, I feel it's a shame Connor is being tossed aside so quickly. He had so much unused potential. The chances of people agreeing with me are slim as I, like many Connor opinions am in the Vocal Minority. Even then I can't tell anymore. When people tell me that. Is it the haters who speak out? Or the lovers?

@Sid

**** AC3. *yuck*
I'm still waiting for my AC1 Redux. :(

ajl992008
07-30-2013, 01:22 PM
heres how i see it, connor is a good character in general but I feel that he doesnt really need another game, infact if they had added that epilogue speech of connors that was cut out of the game that would have ended his story on the right note and I wouldn't have thought much more on it, like someone said,we dont need to see the entire life of each and every main character, i think seeing ezio and altair to their death has spoilt some fans in their expectations. now would I like another connor game? I wouldnt mind but ONLY if it is set in another country, I have had enough of americA I would hate it if a game uses the same setting , thats why i had a lot more fun in revelations compared to brotherhood since in acb the open world just felt too similar so I didnt really have that urge to explore it like with ac2 and acr. the only location that would make sense for me would be england - london with a story revolved around connor finding out more about the kenway family, if not then I have little incentive to play it and would rather just have a new character and setting, not going to lie it actually feels really fresh to see ac4 1 year after ac3 having a new main character when I expected the devs to do another brotherhood style connor game. I want this trend to continue. they themselves said they were doing the kenway family saga so I wouldnt mind seeing another kenway (connors son) with connor present in the game and we get his conclusion as an npc. I would like to see the french revolution next game, it wouls make sense for the devs as they can keep current systems such as muskets and current AI as there will be similarities to ac3 and ac4 while then doing a completely new setting for ACVI

thats my opinion anyway

Mr_Shade
07-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Not on my screen ;)

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/18/kulb.pnghttp://imageshack.com/scaled/large/18/kulb.png

However posting to reach a limit - for what ever purpose - is not really something that should be encouraged...

And that may reduce - if any further comments are posted with I believe are to encourage spam - since I will remove all of the offtopic posts..

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 01:23 PM
I apologize if Mr_Shade has been been unclear - or otherwise confused you with his words, it was never our intention to mislead. So let me try to clarify: Keep it on topic and do not troll!

Mr_Shade
07-30-2013, 01:27 PM
I apologize if Mr_Shade has been been unclear

It's Ok - I think I was pretty clear...

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Not on my screen ;)

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/18/kulb.pnghttp://imageshack.com/scaled/large/18/kulb.png

However posting to reach a limit - for what ever purpose - is not really something that should be encouraged...

And that may reduce - if any further comments are posted with I believe are to encourage spam - since I will remove all of the offtopic posts..

I wasn't trying to encourage i was being sarcastic, Sorry if it came off the wrong way.

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 01:29 PM
It's Ok - I think I was pretty clear...
I was typing before you posted, lol

TheHumanTowel
07-30-2013, 01:29 PM
I just think moving on to a new setting and character is simply more interesting. That's one thing that's really cool about this series is that installments can feel so different and varied from previous ones because of the wealth of settings open to the devs. Using the same character multiple times is a waste of the huge potential this series has. The prospect of a new ancestor, setting and story is always more exciting than returning to an old one. I was more excited for AC3 than I was for ACB or ACR and it's the same with AC4 than another Connor game.

Kaschra
07-30-2013, 01:39 PM
At first I liked Connor. But the more I played AC3, the more I disliked him. I just can bring myself to like him anymore.
And some of his fans are outright horrible and can't accept any negative criticism torwards him, telling anyone who dares to dislike Connor that they just understand him and his personality :rolleyes:

So basically: I don't like his character + terrible fanbrats = I don't want another Connor game.

I also don't know what could happen in another Connor game. I'm not a fan of the setting of AC3, so I don't want another game set there - but I also can't really see him going to France for example.
His story, for me at least, feels closed. It was not a happy eending, but I'm okay with that.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Ezio got drawn out and it damaged the character. We don't want the same or worse to happen to connor.

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 01:42 PM
Ezio got drawn out and it damaged the character. We don't want the same or worse to happen to connor.

But everyone already hates Connor though. What's the worse that can happen? :(

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 01:44 PM
You really wanna contemplate what could go worse?

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Indeed.
Ezio was already relatively developed though. That's why I think it felt like dragging it with more and more games.

That's why I would like to see a Connor with a new developed personality and a new location.

Connor's character was the most complex of all and with the most potential, but it still felt underdeveloped.

By the way, what worse can happen to Connor? The only way is up! :D

PS: I would say the same thing for ANY similar character in ANY game who was given a similar treatment; so stating that anyone who supports a character like Connor and opposes his criticism is some kind of deranged Connor fan is not okay in my book.

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Connor with a new personality isn't Connor. You cant change a personality.

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 02:50 PM

Say, Connor joins the Templars? :)

*flees*

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 02:54 PM

Well...

Say, Connor joins the Templars? http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png

*flees*

The moment I quit the series...

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 02:56 PM
The moment I quit the series...

SO, it can indeed go worse. Much worse.. :)

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Him joining the templars could be good. perhaps they're the real good guys.

Ureh
07-30-2013, 03:10 PM
I think if they let Connor have a family he'll likely capture the interest and sympathy of even those who are apathetic to him. He might've been predictable and naive (and "bland"), but now he's changed. He'll be the first character that doesn't remain largely the same from beginning to end. Perfect!

ladyleonhart
07-30-2013, 03:11 PM

I don't think she meant give him a new personality. Silver was probably referring to his character. Your experiences and what you learn over time shape the kind of person you become. Maybe he will become a more likeable character to those of you that didn't like him very much. Maybe he won't. Well, it all depends on IF there is a game, and consequently HOW his character is developed. In turn, this could also have an impact on those who like Connor too. That is, his character might be developed in a way that is unexpected and some fans may not appreciate it. Then it could really go either way for everyone

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 03:14 PM
I don't think she meant give him a new personality. Silver was probably referring to his character. Your experiences and what you learn over time shape the kind of person you become. Maybe he will become a more likeable character to those of you that didn't like him very much. Maybe he won't. Well, it all depends on IF there is a game, and consequently HOW his character is developed. In turn, this could also have an impact on those who like Connor too. That is, his character might be developed in a way that is unexpected and some fans may not appreciate it. Then it could really go either way for everyone.

What is a man but the sum of his memories? we are the stories we live, the tales we tell ourselves!

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 03:25 PM
I don't think she meant give him a new personality. Silver was probably referring to his character. Your experiences and what you learn over time shape the kind of person you become. Maybe he will become a more likeable character to those of you that didn't like him very much. Maybe he won't. Well, it all depends on IF there is a game, and consequently HOW his character is developed. In turn, this could also have an impact on those who like Connor too. That is, his character might be developed in a way that is unexpected and some fans may not appreciate it. Then it could really go either way for everyone

That's what I meant. :)

Spider_Sith9
Well in all reality, the only evidence is that Connor will have another game (or simply closure) is the face that Ubisoft wants to tell their tales of their life. Especially seeing how they adore their AC2 formua.

silvermercy
What is a man but the sum of his memories? we are the stories we live, the tales we tell ourselves!
If Edward can develop then so can Connor. ;)

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 03:27 PM

What would make him have a better personality?

He killed his Best Friend
Achilles Died
He killed his father
He failed to protect his peoples land.

Connor lost EVERYTHING whilst he was an Assassin.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 03:29 PM

Achilles Died
He killed his father

He didn't lose his mojo.

ArabianFrost
07-30-2013, 03:30 PM

Achilles Died
He killed his father

This is exactly why people want another game, to see the impact of this events on him and how it made or broke him. This is why no one is satisfied with his ending. The character arc is not complete. It horribly short-lived.

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 03:31 PM
This is exactly why people want another game, to see the impact of this events on him and how it made or broke him. This is why no one is satisfied with his ending. The character arc is not complete. It horribly short-lived.

How can these events possibly MAKE someone?

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 03:37 PM

Achilles Died
He killed his father

Reminds me of the gif of how it said "The Lonliest ones are always the Friendliest" or something like that. Tumblr thread is too large.

That and the ending was horribly rushed. :P

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 03:39 PM
The ending wasn't rushed at all. It was slow cutscene, bit of gameplay, load screen repeat repeat.

Also "The Loniest ones are always the friendliest"... hes also the most brutal and arrogant Assassin we have.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 03:40 PM
I liked the final kill.

Rugterwyper32
07-30-2013, 03:40 PM

While he lost a lot, he ended up gaining a lot too. He allowed the homestead to become a prosperous town for those who wanted to start a new life in the midst of a bloody revolution. He started rebuilding the Brotherhood and I have the feeling that after Achilles' death and absorbing the truth of the events of AC3, he'd want to have a bigger connection with the Brotherhood itself. So there's the potential trouble the homestead could face being forced to join and play by the rules of this new nation it's part of, and if things worked like I wish they would and a new game sent him to Canada, he'd see both sides of the same coin: How good it was for the newly formed US, how it was a total disaster for British Canada. With a different worldview and different problems to face, he wouldn't see it with his past idealism, but he'd be able to stare at the truth and fight with the reformed Brotherhood to ensure it all works. Or something, I don't know, writing this kinda rushed before class.

ArabianFrost
07-30-2013, 03:45 PM

You were once an idealist that believed dandy peace can spread through the lands and fought to ensure that, you then find that the side you were supporting killed your mother, caused you to kill your friend, your land was sold away and your naive idea of peace between two factions that have been slaughtering each other for centuries was pretty much axed as you found your own father pointing a blade at you and ridiculing your ever.fibre.of belief. After being a naive idealist then going through all of this, I'd find it very hard to believe that you wouldn't toughen up a bit, maybe feel a bit sore and angry at the world. It's actual character development.

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 03:48 PM
You were once an idealist that believed dandy peace can spread through the lands and fought to ensure that, you then find that the side you were supporting killed your mother, caused you to kill your friend, your land was sold away and your naive idea of peace between two factions that have been slaughtering each other for centuries was pretty much axed as you found your own father pointing a blade at you and ridiculing your ever.fibre.of belief. After being a naive idealist then going through all of this, I'd find it very hard to believe that you wouldn't toughen up a bit, maybe feel a bit sore and angry at the world. It's actual character development.

Oddly enough people actually see him as not changing in the epilogue. And his soliloquoy being used as justification that he's never changed. Kinda makes Juno's words ring true.

Mystique_7
07-30-2013, 03:50 PM
I disagree. that`s it. Ezio`s story was over for me at AC II while Connor`s just doesnt seem so in AC III for me. I loved Ezio and I enjoyed his games so much, but I really felt he was dragged out too much, I don`t feel the same for Connor and i`m not even his biggest fan. He was fine, but definitely did not get a proper close imo. I`d like to see the final realization of Connor. he grew and changed in AC III, now I want to see that change.

I`ll take the mod`s advice and just post here what I think and be on my way. calm down, guys :/

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 03:52 PM
I disagree. that`s it. Ezio`s story was over for me at AC II while Connor`s just doesnt seem so in AC III for me. I loved Ezio and I enjoyed his games so much, but I really felt he was dragged out too much, I don`t feel the same for Connor and i`m not even his biggest fan. He was fine, but definitely did not get a proper close imo. I`d like to see the final realization of Connor. he grew and changed in AC III, now I want to see that change.

I`ll take the mod`s advice and just post here what I think and be on my way. calm down, guys :/

It'll never calm down. Not here. Not on the AC3 Generals. When an argument starts it always gets serious. ESPECIALLY involving Connor. And especially when certain users are involved.

Ureh
07-30-2013, 03:53 PM
He can have a family. The ghosts of the past may always haunt him. But he will also have the future to look forward to.

I thought the Haytham sequence was somewhat rushed though... or too convenient anyway. How could he let Connor stab him twice (a guy who can't even stand straight after nearly getting blasted to bits by a cannon)? Haytham had the advantage and he just gave it away!

Mystique_7
07-30-2013, 03:53 PM
It'll never calm down. Not here. Not on the AC3 Generals. When an argument starts it always gets serious. ESPECIALLY involving Connor. And especially when certain users are involved.

Are you serious?

Bashilir
07-30-2013, 04:01 PM
I only find this threads bland and boring. :l

All anyone that doesn't like Connor says is that he's bland and boring. This is only because everyone is used to that annoying playboy..

Connor's not bland and boring, he's human. He lost his mother, had to kill his best friend, lost Achilles, and had to kill his own father.

The only thing he had left in his life was to kill Charles. That's all he had left. I hate how everyone says he's boring when he was made to be like this.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 04:09 PM

All anyone that doesn't like Connor says is that he's bland and boring. This is only because everyone is used to that annoying playboy..

Connor's not bland and boring, he's human. He lost his mother, had to kill his best friend, lost Achilles, and had to kill his own father.

The only thing he had left in his life was to kill Charles. That's all he had left. I hate how everyone says he's boring when he was made to be like this.

Humans can be bland and boring.
I'm human, i'm totally blad, and really quite boring.

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 04:10 PM

Gotta point there. I'm actually somewhat identical to Connor in real life. Minus less anger (presently).

ze_topazio
07-30-2013, 04:14 PM
But what if Charles Lee returns as a zombie?

Bashilir
07-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Gotta point there. I'm actually somewhat identical to Connor in real life. Minus less anger (presently).

Well, you didn't lose all the people you love, right? l:p

Exactly. Yet, people use these things as insults when really, everyone is pretty much bland and boring.

Wake up-->Get ready for work---> go to work---->work for awhile---->go home--->watch TV for awhile---> go to bed----> back to Wake up

Obviously this isn't everyone but I'm sure it can sum up a lot of people.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 04:19 PM

Exactly. Yet, people use these things as insults when really, everyone is pretty much bland and boring.

Wake up-->Get ready for work---> go to work---->work for awhile---->go home--->watch TV for awhile---> go to bed----> back to Wake up

Normal humans. you wouldn't want a game that was about a man doing his 9-5 job, being bland all the way. A protagonist is not a normal person, normal people don't go on great adventures, fight great foes or save the world.

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 04:24 PM

Not true.

Bashilir
07-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Not true.

:l Obviously it was a generalization

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 04:41 PM

Some people. Don't wanna say. I want to leave that part of my life behind even if it hurts me. The location it happened was dumb though and my mistake was foolish.

Also that's the reason why the AC1 formula was scrapped :P

Normal humans. you wouldn't want a game that was about a man doing his 9-5 job, being bland all the way. A protagonist is not a normal person, normal people don't go on great adventures, fight great foes or save the world.

Yes they world. Visual Novels. :D

ze_topazio
07-30-2013, 04:45 PM
normal people don't go on great adventures, fight great foes or save the world.

Speak for yourself. http://s24.postimg.org/6q5gcgs9d/if_Zul3_O.gif

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 04:46 PM
The ending wasn't rushed at all. It was slow cutscene, bit of gameplay, load screen repeat repeat.

Also "The Loniest ones are always the friendliest"... hes also the most brutal and arrogant Assassin we have.

The ending was rushed because Connor didn't get laid with a beautiful wife and produce hundreds of children. I mean how dare they show for once the Assassin guy losing, and being wrong. Blasphemy!

/grumble and rage

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 04:50 PM
The ending was rushed because Connor didn't get laid with a beautiful wife and produce hundreds of children. I mean how dare they show for once the Assassin guy losing, and being wrong. Blasphemy!

/grumble and rage

Connor doesn't even know how to get Laid. Remember his visit to Boston? Where he stared at that womans butt and Achilles hit him and told him to not stare? Well apparently he kept forcing this on Connor and turned him gay.

itsamea-mario
07-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Speak for yourself. http://s24.postimg.org/6q5gcgs9d/if_Zul3_O.gif

I'm sure you go on many fine adventures, and i'm sure i can thank fo the world not being destroyed. But that would make you more interesting than your average joe.

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Connor doesn't even know how to get Laid. Remember his visit to Boston? Where he stared at that womans butt and Achilles hit him and told him to not stare? Well apparently he kept forcing this on Connor and turned him gay.

hahhahhaha!

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 04:52 PM

/grumble and rage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aTJAQpJBdc

Always knew Connor was a Closet Pervert.

TheHumanTowel
07-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Connor's ending might not be a happy ending. But that doesn't make it any less of an ending for the character.

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 04:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aTJAQpJBdc

The average Connor fangirl after AC3's ending. :D

*engages flameshield*

Mystique_7
07-30-2013, 04:55 PM
I`d love to see all your faces

E3 2014

"Assassins Creed, as always, promises quality and innovation. that`s why we`re bringin back Connor"

:P

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Connor's ending might not be a happy ending. But that doesn't make it any less of an ending for the character.

Life is not a fairytale and there are no happy endings.

Even Achilles knows this.

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 04:58 PM

E3 2014

"Assassins Creed, as always, promises quality and innovation. that`s why we`re bringin back Connor"

I'd be ecstatic! Everyone else... not so much. xD

And then the game releases and it sucks... xD

Life is not a fairytale and there are no happy endings.

Even Achilles knows this.

Unfortunately, Connor received a VERY brutal version of this. Not only does the game hate him, Ubisoft hates him (possibly) people in real life REALLY hate him. If I was him, I'd try making red willow tea and get "high" for the rest of my life. Make your own fairytale!

Mystique_7
07-30-2013, 04:59 PM

i`d actually want a tragic end

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 05:02 PM
i`d actually want a tragic end

Imagine if Connor's death was anticlimatic? In the middle of searching for someone the Assassins are let to a trap and BLAM. The Assassins take the rest of the fight scene while Connor is forgotten until after. I mean people don't die dramtically in real life. Which is what I liked abotu Desmond's death. It was the circumstances surrounding it.

x___Luffy___x
07-30-2013, 05:03 PM

E3 2014

i ll be happy with this :)

Mystique_7
07-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Imagine if Connor's death was anticlimatic? In the middle of searching for someone the Assassins are let to a trap and BLAM. The Assassins take the rest of the fight scene while Connor is forgotten until after. I mean people don't die dramtically in real life. Which is what I liked abotu Desmond's death. It was the circumstances surrounding it.

I still want a tragic ending...whether its his death, his wife`s death, his child`s death......him taking the plug out of the base of the Atlantic and sucking it all down the earth...

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 05:04 PM
I
Unfortunately, Connor received a VERY brutal version of this. Not only does the game hate him, Ubisoft hates him (possibly) people in real life REALLY hate him. If I was him, I'd try making red willow tea and get "high" for the rest of my life. Make your own fairytale!

Heh, I don't know how "the game" can hate someone. But you must not have played a lot of games if you think that's very brutal. Compared to a lot of games, like say Spec Ops The Line, he gets of easily.

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 05:06 PM

Or what if his death was fitting? Like Altair? I'm with Mystique_7 on this one. I want a tragic death for Connor :)

*engages moar flameshield*

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 05:07 PM

I want him to do that cocky view point sync thing and get hit in the head by an Eagle.

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 05:07 PM
I still want a tragic ending...whether its his death, his wife`s death, his child`s death......him taking the plug out of the base of the Atlantic and sucking it all down the earth...

Imagine if him, his wife AND child were all killed... That would be too cruel even for me to handle. Connor's gone through hell but just...no.

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Imagine if him, his wife AND child were all killed....

GOOD!
http://cdn.dashburst.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Grumpy-Cat.jpg

x___Luffy___x
07-30-2013, 05:10 PM
dont understand why people want more tragedies in connor's life and death too , does nt he had enough of them already...

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 05:17 PM
dont understand why people want more tragedies in connor's life and death too , does nt he had enough of them already...

We don't need "Closure" to his story. We already have it. Tbh I don't see why people think we need more games with him to get closure. Altair's life was pretty tragic too. Ezio only lost his family so he has less sympathy from me. He only got 3 games because Brotherhood obviously didn't make it into the game, and Revelations was a DS port.

Edward wont need another game either I don't think. And Haytham obviously won't. Connor doesn't need one. The saga is all of their stories tying in together, not their individual stories.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 05:17 PM
i ll be happy with this :)

Me too! Dream come true actually! :cool:

(What is this about tragic deaths I hear again? Don't make me join the other side now and not want a Connor a game! lol)

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Me too! Dream come true actually! :cool:

(What is this about tragic deaths I hear again? Don't make me join the other side now and not want a Connor a game! lol)

Tragic death or gtfo!

Now that's a dilemma for you mercy :D

/evil maniacal laughter

x___Luffy___x
07-30-2013, 05:23 PM
We don't need "Closure" to his story. We already have it. Tbh I don't see why people think we need more games with him to get closure. Altair's life was pretty tragic too. Ezio only lost his family so he has less sympathy from me. He only got 3 games because Brotherhood obviously didn't make it into the game, and Revelations was a DS port.

Edward wont need another game either I don't think. And Haytham obviously won't. Connor doesn't need one. The saga is all of their stories tying in together, not their individual stories.

i donno , im biased towards him . i really wanna see his growth as a character and he did nt even got enough time in his own game also. it was a bit rushed for me.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Tragic death or gtfo!

Now that's a dilemma for you mercy :D

/evil maniacal laughter
Your evil magic voodoo tricks will not work on me! Never!! Ya hear me!?
I will call Sam and Dean!!

*spreads salt in a circle around her*

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 05:26 PM
i donno , im biased towards him . i really wanna see his growth as a character and he did nt even got enough time in his own game also. it was a bit rushed for me.

Character development doesn't always come through happy-happy stories is what my point was, harpreet paaji :D

x___Luffy___x
07-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Character development doesn't always come through happy-happy stories is what my point was, harpreet paaji :D

:D
but it does nt always come with the tragedies also . but you are only asking for tragedies na paaji...

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 05:33 PM
:D
but it does nt always come with the tragedies also . but you are only asking for tragedies na paaji...

Because tragic endings are more memorable IF done correctly, than happy happy endings. Atleast for me it is :S paaji.. :D

poptartz20
07-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Let's face it.. Connor had a tough act to follow.

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 05:37 PM
My reaction to this thread at this point....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv6IrEGWm_I

Jexx21
Ubisoft is covering the stories of their characters while they are Assassin's and some of the background info.

We had this for all of our main protagonists so far.

Altair
Ezio
Clay
Haytham
Edward
Nikolai
Daniel Cross
Desmond

AC4's Aveline content may finish up Aveline's story. All they would have left is Connor then. It's a trend that they most likely are going to continue.

silvermercy
Let's face it.. Connor had a tough act to follow.
It would probably have been easier for him if Haytham was announced, too. Or if it wasn't advertised as a CONNOR game only. Maybe people wouldn't have felt this way... I dunno...

x___Luffy___x
07-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Because tragic endings are more memorable IF done correctly, than happy happy endings. Atleast for me it is :S paaji.. :D

but not always :) do you think Altair and Ezio s endings were not memorable that they did nt died in a fight ?

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 05:42 PM
but not always :) do you think Altair and Ezio s endings were not memorable that they did nt died in a fight ?

Well, the still died right? That would make them a sad death in the Connor fangirl lingo. Death is bad, any kind and ponies are good. I actually gave the examples of both as how deaths can still be uplifting. I'd want something like that for Connor.

TheHumanTowel
07-30-2013, 05:46 PM
All this talk of tragic death and dying in a fight is completely irrelevant because the nature of the animus prevents it. Why does this always come up in every Connor thread?

Jexx21
07-30-2013, 05:54 PM
It's called, seeing the memory happen through another person.

>.>

Maybe we would play as the person who kills Connor. Maybe we play as Connor's child and we witness it?

We'll probably see Edward's death in game through a Haytham memory.

x___Luffy___x
07-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Well, the still died right? That would make them a sad death in the Connor fangirl lingo. Death is bad, any kind and ponies are good. I actually gave the examples of both as how deaths can still be uplifting. I'd want something like that for Connor.

i would like if they show his full story even till his death , but its just absurd people asking he dies tragically or his kids or wife gets killed. i dont understand their fascination with tragedies in connor's life.

TheHumanTowel
07-30-2013, 06:04 PM
It's called, seeing the memory happen through another person.

>.>

Maybe we would play as the person who kills Connor. Maybe we play as Connor's child and we witness it?

We'll probably see Edward's death in game through a Haytham memory.
So you want another game with multiple viewpoints and protagonists? I thought all you Connor fans were annoyed he had to share the game with Haytham. I don't think we'll see the death of Edward at all. Why would we? The story is in the Caribbean. I don't think Haytham was even present at Edward's death.

Jexx21
07-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Yea he was... read Forsaken.

And those animus data fragments gotta unlock something.

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Yea he was... read Forsaken.

And those animus data fragments gotta unlock something.

Achievements/Trophies :D

*runs*

Wolfmeister1010
07-30-2013, 08:48 PM
I guess the reason Sid is getting a lot of harassment is because of his negative comments towards Connor. That is unfair. While I don't agree with his opinion, he sure as hell has the right to have it.

That being said, these threads are getting very old, and generally, positive comments are more welcome than comments and threads based on hate...so....

captin_qwark7
07-30-2013, 09:14 PM
I can't help envisaging another Connor game as being the same as the American Revolution but in France. The only improvements being the return of Renaissance architecture, croissants, and funny accents.

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 09:34 PM
I guess the reason Sid is getting a lot of harassment is because of his negative comments towards Connor. That is unfair. While I don't agree with his opinion, he sure as hell has the right to have it.
I expected ****posting when I started the thread... and let's say I wasn't disappointed. Someone also suddenly felt an urge to rate threads, so let's give 5 stars to "wanting Connor" and 1 star to "not wanting Connor" really hilarious and shows how insecure the person is...

So far the arguments I've seen:
"You must be an Ezio fanboy..." Let's say I was(and I'm not saying I am), how does that make the opinion any less valid?

"Connor is special, he's a complex 2deep4u character." .......No.

"Connor is getting the hate, Ezio and Alta´r didn't get the hate, not to this extent." They sure did and not to forget the size of the fanbase was not always the same. Invalid point.

I didn't enjoy anything about Colonial America, it was a pretty bland and boring setting. I liked some of Connor but as a character he just didn't cut it for me, he remained the same na´ve fool from beginning to end. You can talk endlessly about how that was realistic and historically accurate and how it actually happened, but that is no excuse if it hinders the experience and makes it worse.

In the end, it's a series about assassination, not tourism or culture, they are part of the experience but the series has truly lost the meaning if ASSASSIN's Creed is about the life of a character and the setting at the expense of the main thing about the game...ASSASSINATION. Adding things that complement the main theme is good, but adding things at the expense of what the game is all about...horrible.

I-Like-Pie45
07-30-2013, 09:42 PM
I think there is room for compromise here

We don't get another Connor game and in exchange CD Projekt Red gets brought out by EA with TW3 casualized or cancelled

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 09:43 PM
I expected ****posting when I started the thread... and let's say I wasn't disappointed. Someone also suddenly felt an urge to rate threads, so let's give 5 stars to "wanting Connor" and 1 star to "not wanting Connor" really hilarious and shows how insecure the person is...

"You must be an Ezio fanboy..." Let's say I was(and I'm not saying I am), how does that make the opinion any less valid?

"Connor is getting the hate, Ezio and Alta´r didn't get the hate, not to this extent." They sure did and not to forget the size of the fanbase was not always the same. Invalid point.

I didn't enjoy anything about Colonial America, it was a pretty bland and boring setting. I liked some of Connor but as a character he just didn't cut it for me, he remained the same na´ve fool from beginning to end. You can talk endlessly about how that was realistic and historically accurate and how it actually happened, but that is no excuse if it hinders the experience and makes it worse.

In the end, it's a series about assassination, not tourism or culture, they are part of the experience but the series has truly lost the meaning if ASSASSIN's Creed is about the life of a character and the setting at the expense of the main thing about the game...ASSASSINATION. Adding things that complement the main theme is good, but adding things at the expense of what the game is all about...horrible.

Then why hasn't a Modern AC game happen yet and why do people say the settings and history is what makes it unique? :/

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Then why hasn't a Modern AC game happen yet and why do people say the settings and history is what makes it unique? :/
because we have Hitman.

EDIT: Also read the whole thing and not just quote 1 line without reading the full thing.

TheHumanTowel
07-30-2013, 09:46 PM
lol who rated the thread one star?

Sushiglutton
07-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Agree with Sid pretty much, but this discussion is starting to get more and more Connor-like every day.

OSantaClownO
07-30-2013, 11:30 PM

I couldn't agree more. Connor found himself just wandering from place to place just because he somehow saw something, or was called to go into a one place or another.

Something I couldn't stand on this game is the lake of emotion. (Be aware for spoilers about AC3) :
- Kills your childhood friend. - nothing.
- Your mother dies - almost nothing.
- Your whole village being destroyed - nothing.
- Killing your father - nothing.

silvermercy
07-31-2013, 12:09 AM
I couldn't agree more. Connor found himself just wandering from place to place just because he somehow saw something, or was called to go into a one place or another.

Something I couldn't stand on this game is the lake of emotion. (Be aware for spoilers about AC3) :
- Kills your childhood friend. - nothing.
- Your mother dies - almost nothing.
- Your whole village being destroyed - nothing.
- Killing your father - nothing.
That could be because many Native American warriors were taught that showing emotion is a great weakness. It was frowned upon.
Which basically means Connor was in character. Exactly how a Native American would be expected to react. I have read many Native American historical books and that's how they are described. If Connor acted differently he would not act like a genuine Native American.

But regardless... I'm not sure we played the same game... Here's a couple of examples responding to statements saying that Connor showed no emotion:
http://keepingitupwiththekenways.tumblr.com/post/39295364300/connor-shows-no-emotion-nope-none-at-all

http://assassinscreedconfessions.tumblr.com/post/56260596488/i-feel-like-one-of-a-tiny-minority-of-people-that

ProletariatPleb
07-31-2013, 12:15 AM
That could be because many Native American warriors were taught that showing emotion is a great weakness. It was frowned upon.
Which basically means Connor was in character. Exactly how a Native American would be expected to react. I have read many Native American historical books and that's how they are described. If Connor acted differently he would not act like a genuine Native American.
And that is the fundamental problem, it's accurate but that doesn't mean it's good.

How the hell am I supposed to connect to a character who barely relates to things himself.

silvermercy
07-31-2013, 12:18 AM
And that is the fundamental problem, it's accurate but that doesn't mean it's good.

How the hell am I supposed to connect to a character who barely relates to things himself.
Well they shouldn't have made a game with a Native American then. I'm saddened now I have to admit that to myself...

ProletariatPleb
07-31-2013, 12:19 AM
Well they shouldn't have made a game with a Native American then. I'm saddened now I have to admit that to myself...
And now you know why I'm saying I do not want a Connor game and there was no "trolling"

silvermercy
07-31-2013, 12:22 AM
And now you know why I'm saying I do not want a Connor game and there was no "trolling"
On the other hand, I'm still glad they made this game though. Minorities are not often represented in games. Any attempt is welcome.

OSantaClownO
07-31-2013, 12:59 AM

But regardless... I'm not sure we played the same game... Here's a couple of examples responding to statements saying that Connor showed no emotion:
http://keepingitupwiththekenways.tumblr.com/post/39295364300/connor-shows-no-emotion-nope-none-at-all

http://assassinscreedconfessions.tumblr.com/post/56260596488/i-feel-like-one-of-a-tiny-minority-of-people-that

Video games aren't suppose to be real life.
Maybe he was too much into the character,

If I'll tell you to act a rock, and you'll just do nothing
You'll act something very boring.

Acting isn't suppose to reflect real life (in 100%), you need to know where to cut the realism of something in order to create a better product, This game is not 100% realstic already, I have no idea why they had to go that far in order to make the character so flat.

Ubisoft chose not the cut the flatness of Connor, and made a bad descision if you ask me.

silvermercy
07-31-2013, 01:06 AM
Video games aren't suppose to be real life.
Maybe he was too much into the character,

If I'll tell you to act a rock, and you'll just do nothing
You'll act something very boring.

Acting isn't suppose to reflect real life (in 100%), you need to know where to cut the realism of something in order to create a better product, This game is not 100% realstic already, I have no idea why they had to go that far in order to make the character so flat.

Ubisoft chose not the cut the flatness of Connor, and made a bad descision if you ask me.
Yes. But if they had done it any other way they were risking offending Native Americans. They even had special consultants for this reason only.

Personally I'm glad they were as close as possible to real life. To me it looks authentic and, thus, interesting.
And this flatness... I honestly don't see it... O_o

Not saying there could not be major improvements or that they couldn't make things better. They could and should have. I would have changed many things in the game myself.

RinoTheBouncer
07-31-2013, 01:14 AM
Guess my "You know what" got pretty popular :P
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/783142-You-know-what-I-do-want-another-Connor-game/page1

ACfan443
07-31-2013, 01:14 AM
I didn't enjoy anything about Colonial America, it was a pretty bland and boring setting.

Wholeheartedly agree. I want another Connor game but NOT in Colonial America, the cities simply paled in comparison to those of the predecessors. It was like being pulled out of a theme park and shoved into a nursery.

Also addressing a very old point about Altair and Ezio not being as criticised as Connor - Altair received quite some flack for being a boring and cold character (why do you think they brought in a new character with a stark contrast in personality?), just read up on some of the reviews.

Jexx21
07-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Itsaaaaaaaa

RinoTheBouncer
07-31-2013, 01:26 AM
Wholeheartedly agree. I want another Connor game but NOT in Colonial America, the cities simply paled in comparison to those of the predecessors. It was like being pulled out of a theme park and shoved into a nursery.

Also addressing a very old point about Altair and Ezio not being as criticised as Connor - Altair received quite some flack for being a boring and cold character (why do you think they brought in a new character with a stark contrast in personality?), just read up on some of the reviews.

I agree 100%

The cities were all pale and indistinguishable from one another and I do understand that this is how America looked like back then just like how Masyaf did but I still feel like Masyaf did have it's charm as a very old city while this one felt like a very uncivilized region in a much more advanced world (which is that of AC2, AC:B and AC:R).

I'd love to see Connor go to Africa or the Middle East, Iran, India..etc. Ezio did go to Constantinople after all and he was Italian so what's wrong with Connor going some place else?

Jexx21
07-31-2013, 01:28 AM
what the. Boston and New York were very distinguishable. I can tell one from the other through the architecture.

I love the rustic Colonial atmosphere both have. It's awesome.

RinoTheBouncer
07-31-2013, 01:28 AM
Good for you.

Jexx21
07-31-2013, 01:30 AM
above post should be the only post in the thread after the OP

RinoTheBouncer
07-31-2013, 01:30 AM
Hahahahaha. Imagine? but people wanna chat about it :P

OSantaClownO
07-31-2013, 01:33 AM
Yes. But if they had done it any other way they were risking offending Native Americans. They even had special consultants for this reason only.

Personally I'm glad they were as close as possible to real life. To me it looks authentic and, thus, interesting.
And this flatness... I honestly don't see it... O_o

Not saying there could not be major improvements or that they couldn't make things better. They could and should have. I would have changed many things in the game myself.

I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy AC3, I did.
I guess Connor and I are just too different for me to connect to him more than the bit I did.
There were times I watched Connor and I felt bad for him not being able to cry for 2 seconds about someone he just killed that was so close to him.

He is indeed differenet, and I liked him. Yet he seems to have much greater potential without the flatness.

Maybe you're right, maybe a less flat connor wouldn't have done the job right.

ProletariatPleb
above post should be the only post in the thread after the OP
Get out, troll somewhere else.

Jexx21
i'll be a **** wherever I want to.

Jexx21
07-31-2013, 01:35 AM
I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy AC3, I did.
I guess Connor and I are just too different for me to connect to him more than the bit I did.
There were times I watched Connor and I felt bad for him not being able to cry for 2 seconds about someone he just killed that was so close to him.

He is indeed differenet, and I liked him. Yet he seems to have much greater potential without the flatness.

Maybe you're right, maybe a less flat connor wouldn't have done the job right.

In all honesty, I didn't cry at my mother's funeral. I barely cried when she died, and she died right in front of me.

Sometimes.. sometimes you can't always cry. Even though you think you should be.

ACfan443
07-31-2013, 01:39 AM
I agree 100%

The cities were all pale and indistinguishable from one another and I do understand that this is how America looked like back then just like how Masyaf did but I still feel like Masyaf did have it's charm as a very old city while this one felt like a very uncivilized region in a much more advanced world (which is that of AC2, AC:B and AC:R).

I'd love to see Connor go to Africa or the Middle East, Iran, India..etc. Ezio did go to Constantinople after all and he was Italian so what's wrong with Connor going some place else?

Exactly! I'd love to see him going to France. (Plus they have to follow up on that French Revolution tease at the end of ACB sooner or later).

With AC3's cities, it also didn't help that there was a lack of music, and any music that was there was the same for both cities! How was that possibly going to make them feel unique? It was one of the major flaws with immersion. Even though I hate colour filters, I think they could have worked in AC3's cities' favour. Imo they worked pretty well giving AC1's cities a unique ambience.

ProletariatPleb
07-31-2013, 01:44 AM
i'll be a **** wherever I want to.
No you won't. Not here atleast. Keep on topic instead of "hurrr durr I disagree so thread shouldn't have any discussion."

Exactly! I'd love to see him going to France. (Plus they have to follow up on that French Revolution tease at the end of ACB sooner or later).

With AC3's cities, it also didn't help that there was a lack of music, and any music that was there was the same for both cities! How was that possibly going to make them feel unique? It was one of the major flaws with immersion. Even though I hate colour filters, I think they could have worked in AC3's cities' favour. Imo they worked pretty well giving AC1's cities a unique ambience.
Oh but there were colour filters, just subtler...

One city was brown, the other was...BROWNER!
I'm glad that they're using such a vibrant palette for AC4.

silvermercy
07-31-2013, 01:46 AM
AC3 cities were not my favourite either. Glad for AC4 ones.

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 01:49 AM
No you won't. Not here atleast. Keep on topic instead of "hurrr durr I disagree so thread shouldn't have any discussion."

Christ....just calm down... Who cares what other people say?

ProletariatPleb
07-31-2013, 01:50 AM
Christ....just calm down... Who cares what other people say?
Have to keep the possible trolls and derailers at bay...or Mr_Shade will not be pleased.

ACfan443
07-31-2013, 01:52 AM

Of course, how could I have overlooked such a detail! :p

Yeah, but there was something a little off with the colours in the 13 minute demo. It's most clear when he's looting the body of the drunken pirate, there seems to be a subtle hazy white filter, it makes the colours look washed out

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 01:53 AM
Have to keep the possible trolls and derailers at bay...or Mr_Shade will not be pleased.

I'd leave that job to him. Otherwise you will just start another argument.

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 01:56 AM
Of course, how could I have overlooked such a detail! :p

Yeah, but there was something a little off with the colours in the 13 minute demo. It's most clear when he's looting the body of the drunken pirate, there seems to be a subtle hazy white filter, it makes the colours look washed out

It's because of the quality of the vid.

ProletariatPleb
07-31-2013, 01:58 AM
That is something I have experience with and can tell you it's just poor video encoding.

Without going into too much details it's called chroma subsampling.
Basically colours are stored in a format called RBG but to save space etc other colour storing profiles exist when they are encoded poorly, colour information is lost.

Simplest way to explain(444 is what colours should actually look like):
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Colorcomp.jpg

I'd leave that job to him. Otherwise you will just start another argument.
Hmm...well that does make sense. I'll do just that.

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 01:59 AM
That is something I have experience with and can tell you it's just poor video encoding.

Basically colours are stored in a format called RBG but to save space etc other colour storing profiles exist when they are encoded poorly, colour information is lost..

Woah...much better than my response....

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 02:07 AM

...just trying to defend you

ProletariatPleb
07-31-2013, 02:09 AM
...just trying to defend you
Only the first paragraph was addressed to you :p

The rest were replies to other things in the thread but they spanned across several pages so I didn't bother quoting them all.

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 02:13 AM
Only the first paragraph was addressed to you :p

The rest were replies to other things in the thread but they spanned across several pages so I didn't bother quoting them all.

I rated the thread like that because of all the fighting that happened in it...it had absolutely nothing to do with your opinion on Connor.

ProletariatPleb
07-31-2013, 02:16 AM
I rated the thread like that because of all the fighting that happened in it...it had absolutely nothing to do with your opinion on Connor.
Alright alright then we're cool. Now let's get back on topic.

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 02:22 AM
Alright alright then we're cool. Now let's get back on topic.

Right then :).

Is there any way that you could see Connor becoming a more favorable character?

ACfan443
07-31-2013, 02:24 AM

Basically colours are stored in a format called RBG but to save space etc other colour storing profiles exist when they are encoded poorly, colour information is lost.

Simplest way to explain(444 is what colours should actually look like):
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Colorcomp.jpg

Thanks for the explanation, I had a hunch it was just video quality, but what stemmed my doubts was the AC3 frontier filter you mentioned in your mod thread, it looked very similar. (And it seemed to only look like that in some parts of the demo, not all)

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the explanation, I had a hunch it was just video quality, but what stemmed my doubts was the AC3 frontier filter you mentioned in your mod thread, it looked very similar. (And it seemed to only look like that in some parts of the demo, not all)

Trust me, the game will look gorgeous.

ACfan443
07-31-2013, 02:28 AM
Trust me, the game will look gorgeous.

In sure it will :D

ProletariatPleb
07-31-2013, 02:30 AM
Another example then :P

There is this weird ugly red all over the picture. This is taken from Under the Black Flag trailer:
http://i4.minus.com/ijn9VwPH7wrUv.jpg

And compare a screenshot
http://i3.minus.com/izuZ9oaeZQKvN.jpg

To compare, look at his face yes there is sunlight but even so it looks a different color
Look at the colour on the armour, in screenshot 1 it has a hazy red on top, in SS2 no such thing.

Wolfmeister1010
07-31-2013, 02:33 AM

There is this weird ugly red all over the picture. This is taken from Under the Black Flag trailer:

And compare a screenshot

To compare, look at his face yes there is sunlight but even so it looks a different color
Look at the colour on the armour, in screenshot 1 it has a hazy red on top, in SS2 no such thing.

Yeah the under the black flag trailer was one of the ugliest and worst trailers in AC history...and ubisoft has a history of making some epic trailers for AC..

RinoTheBouncer
07-31-2013, 02:37 AM

And compare a screenshot

I'm glad somebody addressed this. Edward does look DIFFERENT from one trailer to another and even in some screenshots and it's not just sunlight or shadows.

ACfan443
07-31-2013, 02:40 AM
^I see it now.
The most obvious filter would have to be the pirate's life on the high seas trailer

RinoTheBouncer
07-31-2013, 02:42 AM
Perhaps they're planning on telling us a story over years or even decades of Edward's life just like ACII did or perhaps the customizations/outfits will be more expansive and detailed...

Megas_Doux
07-31-2013, 05:26 AM
I want him to have a closure. Not sitting on a bench, that is too mainstream and booooooooooooooooring!!!!!
But instead, going in a blaze or glory suits him more. I mean we are talking about a guy who took not one, but TWO cannonball explosions and endured, a man that was impaled in the stomach, and woke up the next day to continue with his duty! He did not languished for months nor runnaway....

However, I rather have that in a Embers like short animated movie, though.......

Black_Widow9
07-31-2013, 07:16 AM
In looking through the last few pages it seems like some of you have missed this earlier posting.

Or..

Each side has a thread - so I suggest you use the one you agree with - and ignore the other, otherwise this is going to get personal and I will lock both..

I suggest you stick to it.

itsamea-mario
08-06-2013, 02:03 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Template%3APoll3

Ferrith
08-06-2013, 02:23 PM
And compare a screenshot

You know, Sid, if Edward looks indeed so fugly in-game I might as well vote for another Connor game.

pirate1802
08-06-2013, 02:26 PM
You know, Sid, if Edward looks indeed so fugly in-game I might as well vote for another Connor game.

Hey, he still doesn't look nowhere as fugly as the human potato :D

silvermercy
08-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Hey, he still doesn't look nowhere as fugly as the human potato :D
You meanie!!!

(Hey, I kinda like Edward in that shot... weird...)

pirate1802
08-06-2013, 02:30 PM
You meanie!!!

Me too :|

Wolfmeister1010
08-06-2013, 02:31 PM
You meanie!!!

He looks normal to me. A beard works better on him than on ezio...

adventurewomen
08-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Fair enough...

UrDeviant1
08-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Mr potato head deserves a PSVita game AT BEST. Can't believe there are still 20+ page Connor hate threads lol. Seeing what I have of Edward, looks like Ubisoft have really taken all this negative feedback of Connor on board. Bravo.