PDA

View Full Version : Only loading happens when going into the Major cities...

SamBushen24
07-28-2013, 06:51 PM
So Ashraf on Twitter said the other day, that the only loading screens that happen are when going into the major cities. A little bit disappointing, but understandable considering the size of the map. I just hope, that when it loads into it, it doesn't do that stupid loading screen when the protagonist is stood in the cloud grey area. It would be cool that it kinda of goes into a cinematic of the ship going into the city and docking, as to not break the seamless gameplay that they have been talking about instead of that grey cloud area.

What do you guys think, or how do you think they could go about it?

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
So Ashraf on Twitter said the other day, that the only loading screens that happen are when going into the major cities. A little bit disappointing, but understandable considering the size of the map. I just hope, that when it loads into it, it doesn't do that stupid loading screen when the protagonist is stood in the cloud grey area. It would be cool that it kinda of goes into a cinematic of the ship going into the city and docking, as to not break the seamless gameplay that they have been talking about instead of that grey cloud area.

What do you guys think, or how do you think they could go about it?
A cinematic of the ship going to the city and docking for a loading screen?? that`s not going to work...the loading screen is TO LOAD things

SamBushen24
07-28-2013, 07:03 PM
A cinematic of the ship going to the city and docking for a loading screen?? that`s not going to work...the loading screen is TO LOAD things

Yes I know...but there has to be a way of it not going into that cloud grey area and breaking the seamless gameplay too much. If we can run around in a grey area for 15 seconds then I'm sure there is something they can do!

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 07:05 PM
I thought they said they weren't going to have loading screens anymore. You know, seamlessness and all that.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Yes I know...but there has to be a way of it not going into that cloud grey area and breaking the seamless gameplay too much. If we can run around in a grey area for 15 seconds then I'm sure there is something they can do!
We run around the area for 15 seconds, because there`s nothing they can do...they could use a video

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 07:06 PM
I thought they said they weren't going to have loading screens anymore. You know, seamlessness and all that.
not with major cities....world`s BIG

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 07:11 PM
I love running into oblivion.

If AC is going to be remembered for anything after 50 years it's going to be the cool loading screen

nitres15
07-28-2013, 07:13 PM

no bigie, just hide it with a cinematic

SamBushen24
07-28-2013, 07:14 PM

If AC is going to be remembered for anything after 50 years it's going to be the cool loading screen

I used to like it, until they said about Seamless integration. Now I want nothing but seamless ness everywhere!!

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 07:14 PM

That's okay. I can live with that. Lol

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 07:16 PM
..I love the Animus white room loading screen. It better be in the game.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 07:19 PM
..I love the Animus white room loading screen. It better be in the game.

Well, if you are going to switch between the historical and modern parts, I don't see why it shouldn't be there. I'm not sure how they would make that seamless... Would be kind of strange.

ze_topazio
07-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Just like AC3, you can go anywhere in the Frontier with no loading times, the only loading is when you enter one of the cities, this "no loading time" thing was just false propaganda after all.

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 07:21 PM

ToKW has the best loading screen EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Just like AC3, you can go anywhere in the Frontier with no loading times, the only loading is when you enter one of the cities, this "no loading time" thing was just false propaganda after all.
not entirely....Boarding ships, going over board and docking were separated by load screens in AC III, now they`re not...seemlessness between land and see

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 07:22 PM
CDPR's literally gonna do it.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 07:23 PM

What is CDPR, Sid?

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 07:24 PM
You never actually docked in AC3. And you could go overboard without loading screens as well.

The "seamlessness" is pretty much that there aren't any loading screens between the open world and missions I think. That and you can take control of your ship on the fly rather than having to initiate a naval sequence.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 07:24 PM
She doesn't know what CDPR is

EDIT: she said it

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 07:25 PM
What is CDPR, Sid?
CD Projekt RED, his favorite game developer.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 07:25 PM
You never actually docked in AC3. And you could go overboard without loading screens as well.

The "seamlessness" is pretty much that there aren't any loading screens between the open world and missions I think. That and you can take control of your ship on the fly rather than having to initiate a naval sequence.
We did dock actually...in Martha`s vineyard and going over board resulted in Desyncing..

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 07:26 PM
What is CDPR, Sid?
They're dev bros who make Witcher games.

http://i.minus.com/irBsbUuYpiwi7.gif

http://i.minus.com/impYK50YUcS2t.gif

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 07:26 PM
I have more than a few, lol

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 07:27 PM

More like his Gods.

To be honest though, they're the most consumer friendly devs out there. They're awesome. And they live in Poland, so you'd think they need the money, but nope, they don't care.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 07:28 PM
She doesn't know what CDPR is

EDIT: she said it

Sid knows I've never played Witcher. Stop trying to make trouble, M.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Sid knows I've never played Witcher. Stop trying to make trouble, M.
Yes, ma`am

I`m sorry :/

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 07:33 PM
They're awesome.
This is all the description you need.

They're like Europe's Valve, except they actually release their games and don't charge for DLCs and keep patching their games even a few years after release and don't pander to casuals.

ladyleonhart
07-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Yes, ma`am

I`m sorry :/

Apology accepted, M :) I can never stay mad at you. :D

ze_topazio
07-28-2013, 07:42 PM
not entirely....Boarding ships, going over board and docking were separated by load screens in AC III, now they`re not...seemlessness between land and see

Yeah, there's that, but they they only seem to talk about the islands, sandbanks, villages and cities.

Never played The Witcher games either.

pirate1802
07-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Never played The Witcher games either.

Brofist

TheHumanTowel
07-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Brofist
Shamefist

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Shamefist
Indeed. Us Witchers got to stick together against these monsters.

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Pretty cool game, indeed.

poptartz20
07-28-2013, 08:08 PM
So... about that loading screen. Haha.

This is actually pretty cool. I was starting to wonder myself where the game would and wouldn't load if everything is suppose to look seamless. Also I didn't mind the loading screens of walking around. I found it interesting that every game after 2 they started to take away more and more of the abilities that you could do while in there.

pacmanate
07-28-2013, 10:09 PM
I thought we knew this months ago?

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 10:16 PM
I thought we knew this months ago?
We did, even you said it a few times in places...

SamBushen24
07-28-2013, 10:27 PM
We did, even you said it a few times in places...

Yes I did know, but i thought about it this morning, thinking of how they will try to keep the seamless gameplay even though there will be a pause. I mean...what's actually going to happen? Are we going to sail up to a bit, to where it then says, "enter Havana?" Or are we going to dock the ship then walk up to a marker point, which then says enter Havana and such?

pacmanate
07-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes I did know, but i thought about it this morning, thinking of how they will try to keep the seamless gameplay even though there will be a pause. I mean...what's actually going to happen? Are we going to sail up to a bit, to where it then says, "enter Havana?" Or are we going to dock the ship then walk up to a marker point, which then says enter Havana and such?

Probably a docking thing... either way who cares :P I would like it to not be just random water that when you pass asks you this. A small harbour segment makes more sense.

lasha7716
07-28-2013, 10:31 PM
I think that animation OP mentioned won't work because you know Jackdaw is pirate ship with skull on his flag and because of this i wonder where will be Jackdaw when we are in Havana and Kingston?(Nassau is pirate city so this won't be problem)

AC2_alex
07-28-2013, 10:32 PM
It will probably cut to a shot of the Jackdaw docking up against the harbor. Maybe 10 to 15 seconds. I doubt we'll be running around in the white animus thingy

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Maybe 10 to 15 seconds.
I prefer the current 5 second loading screen then ._.

AC2_alex
07-28-2013, 11:36 PM
I prefer the current 5 second loading screen then ._.

What are you referring to? Did Ash say something?

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 11:43 PM
What are you referring to? Did Ash say something?
As it's in AC3 right now, ~5 seconds compared to a long docking scene.

AC2_alex
07-28-2013, 11:44 PM
oooohhh. :/

SamBushen24
07-28-2013, 11:52 PM
As it's in AC3 right now, ~5 seconds compared to a long docking scene.

But it still breaks the immersion. If you think of skyrim, it would of been better if we didn't have to load into every city and everything dungeon cave, (yes I know it was possible with some cities on the pc). All they have talked about is complete seamless ness in this game, just don't want that idea to fall away when it comes to the cities with a grey cloud loading area.

Jexx21
07-29-2013, 01:30 AM
But I love the white room loading screen. It's awesome to have that animus feel.It's not a "grey cloud loading area" it's the white-room loading screen. And it's actually immersive for me.

IceHot100
07-29-2013, 11:08 AM

Well the GTA V devs came up with the great idea. When switching characters the will zoom out in a google earth style view and zoom in on the respective character. That's an alternative for loading. It would good if Ubisoft could do something similar.

Assassin_M
07-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Well the GTA V devs came up with the great idea. When switching characters the will zoom out in a google earth style view and zoom in on the respective character. That's an alternative for loading. It would good if Ubisoft could do something similar.
Yeah, but Los Santos is one big hub..there`s no loading screen between areas (not sure about underwater) you`ll definitely see the the graphics department suffering for this. Jaded shadows and shorter draw distance...

ProletariatPleb
07-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah, but Los Santos is one big hub..there`s no loading screen between areas (not sure about underwater) you`ll definitely see the the graphics department suffering for this. Jaded shadows and shorter draw distance...
I swear I'll be pissed if they gimp the PC version to look like next-gen for Black Flag...

pacmanate
07-29-2013, 11:54 AM
But it still breaks the immersion. If you think of skyrim, it would of been better if we didn't have to load into every city and everything dungeon cave, (yes I know it was possible with some cities on the pc). All they have talked about is complete seamless ness in this game, just don't want that idea to fall away when it comes to the cities with a grey cloud loading area.

Yeah but... Skyrim also has **** graphics.

luckyto
07-29-2013, 04:11 PM

Amen. I love the Animus.

Just not too much of it. Loading for major cities works just perfect.

Ureh
07-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Will there be loading screens before sequences start/end? Kinda like the ones with Haytham, Ziio and Connor narrating in the room.

superkootje
07-29-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't really care for loading screens, as long as we don't get a loading screen every 3 minutes and the loading screens don't take ages.