PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon wont launch

durasel121
07-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Hello! i just got a new laptop,its specs are intel core i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz, 16 gigs of ram, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M video card. so i bought blood dragon after getting my computer and after i downloaded the game, updated it, and tried to run it i receive the same error. But that's the hard part, i don't know what error it is, its just a blank error message without any explanation as to why it wouldn't launch. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ArkhamAsy23
09-24-2013, 07:00 AM
Did you try updating your graphics card driver? You have one sweet laptop by the way.

ConsularCarpet8
10-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Did you try updating your graphics card driver? You have one sweet laptop by the way.

I have managed to play Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon 3 times! But if I try to play more than once per day uplay will not start. In Win7 I get the Uplay launcher error that Uplay launcher has stopped working, and I close the program. I try again and again, with the same results. No matter what I do I get the same results. After giving up, I tried the NEXT day, and was able to start the game normally! After dieing, the game crashes, and I cannot start it again. Since this is exactly what happened yesterday, it looks like I can't play again until tomorrow. WTF is the problem with this game? I have read all kinds of fixes for problems launching the game when it won't start (and most don't work), but waiting until the next day isn't among them. I dl'ed the game directly from ubisoft, and have received a number of updates, but still I have these problems launching the game. Is it the servers? I have no idea. It would be nice if the launcher gave some information on what the problem was, or if it WAS a problem with the servers; at least then I would know what needed to be done. Exception code c0000417 and Exception data 00000000 doesn't tell me anything, and there are no other uplay processes running in task manager. Which still explains nothing related to waiting until the next day to run (and no my system has not shut down during the last 3 days). I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64 Bit on an Asus Maximus V Extreme Mb an Intel i7 3.5 GHz CPU and 32 GB of ram.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
10-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi, have you opened a ticket with Technical Support? the link is in my signature.

lewiscunningham
11-11-2013, 03:33 AM
Hi, have you opened a ticket with Technical Support? the link is in my signature.

I went tp the link but all I see are questions and answers. How do I open a ticket?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Here is the direct link https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/AskQuestion.aspx

hero_wtf146
04-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Hello! i just got a new laptop,its specs are intel core i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz, 16 gigs of ram, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M video card. so i bought blood dragon after getting my computer and after i downloaded the game, updated it, and tried to run it i receive the same error. But that's the hard part, i don't know what error it is, its just a blank error message without any explanation as to why it wouldn't launch. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have exactly the same problem.. do you know how to get it started yet? because i don't please help me

creeperguy555
11-18-2016, 07:40 AM
it just wont launch, when i click launch it says updating and than it opens the game but i cannot even see the main menu, it opens and says "[B][I][U]farcry3 blood dragon[B][I][U] and then it closed without any error message

pls fast, i just bought it 1 day ago, i wish i bought another game:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:nonchalance::nonchalance::nonch alance::nonchalance::nonchalance:

UbiVertigo
11-18-2016, 08:04 PM
Hey guys, if your Blood Dragon isn't launching, and you're experiencing the same issue as this (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1516434-Far-Cry-3-Blood-Dragon-won-t-start)thread, then try the fix posted here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1516434-Far-Cry-3-Blood-Dragon-won-t-start?p=12042151&viewfull=1#post12042151). It's been working for a lot of people.