PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Preparation for Assassinations, like GTA 5s Heists.

straty88
07-28-2013, 12:30 AM
This idea might have already done the rounds but I thought I'll post anyways just in-case. Also I know this will be very unlikely to ever happen in AC but I think it's a cool idea nonetheless.

So while I was on the toilet (Yeah.....) I was thinking about AC1 and then thought about an idea. So hear me out. Like a few people on here, I miss the investigation elements from AC1. Not the missions but the idea you're learning about you target, when and where he'll be, how many guards and where they're posted etc etc. Now in GTA 5, you have to prepare for your heists by getting supplies, scouting out locations etc. Then depending on your preparation, you CAN have multiple approaches to each heist: 3:54ish

http://youtu.be/N-xHcvug3WI?t=3m54s

Something that I could potentially see working is bringing back investigations but the player chooses which preparation missions they do and how much information they potentially want. So for instance using AC1 as an example. If you pickpocket and beat up people who are affiliated with your target, then you're more likely to have your presence known. Think Talals assassination, where he lures the player into a trap.
However if the player decides to eavesdrop and use informants then you'll have more stealthy options open to you, think Tamirs assassination when he has no clue that you're there.

This is obviously very basic but hopefully my point comes across. Also if you have used the options which makes your presence less known, then perhaps you have multiple ways to complete you're assassination. So for instance, kind of similar to the Fort walcott mission from AC3. You sneak in and once you kill your target you can have a ship bombard the fort and then you can slip out undercover of the shelling. Now if you don't do enough preparation then your exit strategy is going to be different. Now you have to make your way out by running instead of the above.

This can obviously be expanded and doesn't even need to be for every target but it's something that gives the player who want it, the choice to approach, kill and escape the way they want.

HOPEFULLY this makes sense. If it doesn't please say so and hopefully I can do a better job of explaining it :) Thoughts? :)

ACHILLES4713
07-28-2013, 01:35 AM
Yeah I totally agree. This is one of the most exciting things about GTA5. I hope Ubisoft takes notes!

nomotog
07-28-2013, 01:48 AM
Just make sure we have the ability to replay the missions under all the different circumstances without a ton of work.

roostersrule2
07-28-2013, 03:51 AM
It's kind of like AC1's mission structure except this ones not as repetitive, which is the perfect system for AC.