PDA

View Full Version : Some information about AC IV collected from Twitter.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

OSantaClownO
07-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Previous Information
- AI are able to swim, however only your pirate crew will voluntarily go into the water (Others will have to be pushed), Brutes can't swim.
- Concerning the PC release, the next two months are mostly all about fixing bugs. The PC version will be "solid.".
- Combat will be more similar to AC3's than AC2's, but with "major enhancements due to the dual swords, guns and enemy changes".
- Some outfits have gameplay implications, including increasing health.
- The cape introduced in some of the promotional-content (http://i.imgur.com/88o4bQv.jpg) is in-game. You will be able to find and wear it.
- Random events are confirmed.
- There are shops.
- There will be over 35 sea shanties to collect for your crew to sing.
- More gameplay videos will be released before launch.
- PS exclusive content are 3 huge Aveline missions ("just over an hour of content").
- Highpoints are internal name for Viewpoints, Viewpoints are still the name in-game.
- Spyglass is only available at the helm of the Jackdaw.
- You will control other ships, however the feature only confirmed to be available in a mission.

July 26

- Connor (himself) was confirmed to not be showed in-game
- A Connor outfit was confirmed to be in-game.
- There are some easter eggs in ACIV.
- Edward can be attacked by multiple enemies at the same time.
- The option to take on or off the hood is specific to locations and scenarios, but there are a lot of costumes with different options for the hood.
- "tons of outfits ;)"
- The modern day story has some minimal moments to wrap up the story, the rest is an expansion for "the true fans".
- The video introduced behind the "closed doors" at E3 is the 13 minutes gameplay.
- (MAJOR SPOILER ABOUT AC3) Concerning Desmond's death: "his story was always meant to end in part 3. But his legacy remains in the brand! We are going into HIS ancestry in AC4 ".

New information is posted with-in the comments.

Please do not quote the whole news I am bringing, if you want to response about something specific then just quote that specific thing. - We're spending pages just because the whole message just being quoted.

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Add these to your list...

While the AI can swim, only your pirate crew will voluntarily go into water (everyone else will have to be pushed in if you want to see them swim). Brutes can't swim at all.

Concerning the PC release, the next two months are mostly all about fixing bugs. The PC version will be "solid."

The combat will be more similar to AC3's than AC2's, but with "major enhancements due to the dual swords, guns and enemy changes."

There are "a lot of costumes for Ed and some have gameplay implications," including increasing his health.

You will be able to find and wear this coat

http://i.imgur.com/88o4bQv.jpg

"Plenty" of random events like ones seen in the recent gameplay trailer

Concerning the open world... "Explore any time, there's a lot to discover and do outside of missions. The world is massive. Yes there are shops."

There will be over 35 sea shanties to collect for your crew to sing.

There will be more gameplay videos before launch, as well as the Comic-Con panel.

You can't use the spyglass while not at the helm of the Jackdaw due to technical restraints.

Three "huge" Aveline missions exclusive to PlayStation. Together, they supposedly add just over an hour of content.

"Reach high point" is an internal name. They're still called Viewpoints in-game.

You will control other ships (not the Jackdaw) in certain missions.

You won't be able to go on all the land you see, but there will be a lot to go to.

The Havana gameplay video will be released in 3-4 weeks(Gamescom).

ACfan443
07-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Thank god this thread has been made, twitter info has been flying all over the place.

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2013, 07:13 PM
@dxsxhxcx

Next two months meaning these before release(Oct 31), it's the time when stuff is polished and it's decided what gets cut and what makes it into the game....also 1 month is taken for games going gold(creating copies for sale)

lothario-da-be
07-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Previous Information
- AI are able to swim, however only your pirate crew will voluntarily go into the water (Others will have to be pushed), Brutes can't swim.
- Concerning the PC release, the next two months are mostly all about fixing bugs. The PC version will be "solid.".
- Combat will be more similar to AC3's than AC2's, but with "major enhancements due to the dual swords, guns and enemy changes".
- Some outfits have gameplay implications, including increasing health.
- The cape introduced in some of the promotional-content (http://i.imgur.com/88o4bQv.jpg) is in-game. You will be able to find and wear it.
- Random events are confirmed.
- There are shops.
- There will be over 35 sea shanties to collect for your crew to sing.
- More gameplay videos will be released before launch.
- PS exclusive content are 3 huge Aveline missions ("just over an hour of content").
- Highpoints are internal name for Viewpoints, Viewpoints are still the name in-game.
- Spyglass is only available at the helm of the Jackdaw.
- You will control other ships, however the feature only confirmed to be available in a mission.

July 26

- Connor (himself) was confirmed to not be showed in-game
- A Connor outfit was confirmed to be in-game.
- There are some easter eggs in ACIV.
- Edward can be attacked by multiple enemies at the same time.
- The option to take on or off the hood is specific to locations and scenarios, but there are a lot of costumes with different options for the hood.
- "tons of outfits ;)"
- The modern day story has some minimal moments to wrap up the story, the rest is an expansion for "the true fans".
- The video introduced behind the "closed doors" at E3 is the 13 minutes gameplay.
- (MAJOR SPOILER ABOUT AC3) Concerning Desmond's death: "his story was always meant to end in part 3. But his legacy remains in the brand! We are going into HIS ancestry in AC4 ".

I hope to keep this thread updated each day. Either if it will be on the main thread or as a comment is still undecided, hope this bring some good news. :D
They lowered to sea shanties to 35!:eek:
Random events...
The rest is good news for the most part.

OSantaClownO
07-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Another update:

- Holsters will be added to the final game, Edward currently don't have any holsters because the game is not finished.
- You will be able to sell pelts of animals you hunted in the sea, also "PETA loves us".
- You cant sell the ships you capture, you can use them to repair the Jackdaw, lower your wanted level, or send to fleet. You can sell their cargo.

AC2_alex
07-27-2013, 02:17 AM
You will be able to find and wear this coat

http://i.imgur.com/88o4bQv.jpg

Perhaps this is the outfit you unlock after completing all the Assassin tombs, like Altair's armor in AC2.

Megas_Doux
07-27-2013, 02:42 AM
Perhaps this is the outfit you unlock after completing all the Assassin tombs, like Altair's armor in AC2.

May be, although it is more likely if it works ike the Auditore Cape, by collecting something is what I mean.

Awesome info, btw.

ProletariatPleb
07-27-2013, 02:50 AM
Another update:

- Holsters will be added to the final game, Edward currently don't have any holsters because the game is not finished.
When did he say that? 0_o

Assassin_M
07-27-2013, 03:04 AM
When did he say that? 0_o
http://gyazo.com/0ceebd0fe121ae94abdaeacff7a914a6.png

Legendz54
07-27-2013, 03:10 AM
^ Happy everyone

ProletariatPleb
07-27-2013, 03:11 AM
http://gyazo.com/0ceebd0fe121ae94abdaeacff7a914a6.png
......I asked him the same thing and he said they MIGHT be added in these 2 months, but so far they haven't been "due to technical reasons". But that doesn't mean they will be added.

Spider_Sith9
07-27-2013, 03:13 AM
So from the signals they give off, Haytham is in but Connor isn't. Damn they really want us to forget him. ;__;

Glad we got a Connor costume. :D

Assassin_M
07-27-2013, 03:13 AM
......I asked him the same thing and he said they MIGHT be added in these 2 months, but so far they haven't been "due to technical reasons". But that doesn't mean they will be added.
I know...I was just showing you where this was said :P

I-Like-Pie45
07-27-2013, 03:15 AM
Whelp, that bit of Connor info confirms that my preorder money (if I can afford to preorder another game this year) will be going to GTAV or Watch Dogs.

captin_qwark7
07-27-2013, 06:23 AM
So from the signals they give off, Haytham is in but Connor isn't. Damn they really want us to forget him. ;__;

Glad we got a Connor costume. :D

Wait, who said Haymitch is returning?!! Sources please!

DisbandedBox359
07-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Wait, who said Haymitch is returning?!! Sources please!

Hate that haymitch kid haha

TheDanteEX
07-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Haha. #Haymitch2013

Anyway,

http://i.imgur.com/hkZQB4B.png

x___Luffy___x
07-27-2013, 06:00 PM
this is nice :)

http://i.picpar.com/pGs.png

DisbandedBox359
07-27-2013, 06:08 PM

Awesome, gonna keep me busy for a while,how long was AC3's main story for reference?

ProletariatPleb
07-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Awesome, gonna keep me busy for a while,how long was AC3's main story for reference?
Depends on your playstyle...

Just main story is like 8-10 hrs.

Assassin_M
07-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Depends on your playstyle...

Just main story is like 8-10 hrs.
RUSHING main story is like 8-10 hours

ProletariatPleb
07-27-2013, 06:20 PM
RUSHING main story is like 8-10 hours
Uhh, no. It took me 11-12 hrs and that's because I did sidemissions as well.

ladyleonhart
07-27-2013, 06:21 PM

You must have skipped the cut-scenes, right? Did you get 100% synchronization?

Assassin_M
07-27-2013, 06:24 PM
check it again..you`re most likely wrong..AC III has over 4 hours of cutscenes...so just 4 or 6 hours of gameplay?? LAWL

x___Luffy___x
07-27-2013, 06:25 PM

i think after 7 or 8 hours in i was barely at seq 6 and i was actually rushing a bit because i wanted to play as connor in the assassin outfit.

ProletariatPleb
07-27-2013, 06:26 PM
You must have skipped the cut-scenes, right? Did you get 100% synchronization?
Skipping cutscenes on first playthrough? lol no. I wanted the story...that's the only reason to play AC.

And no, I didn't go any synch requirements tried to play how I wanted as much as I could....that and because a lot of requirements are pretty...stupid. If there were some that would be achieved while I played my own way then i got those but never 'tried' to do them all. The only time I did was Brotherhood.

ladyleonhart
07-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Skipping cutscenes on first playthrough? lol no. I wanted the story...that's the only reason to play AC.

And no, I didn't go any synch requirements tried to play how I wanted as much as I could....that and because a lot of requirements are pretty...stupid. If there were some that would be achieved while I played my own way then i got those but never 'tried' to do them all. The only time I did was Brotherhood.

Lol, that explains it. :p I don't think the requirements were stupid though. They weren't actually too difficult, although I did have problems with a couple. Then that can make it frustrating.

ProletariatPleb
07-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Lol, that explains it. :p I don't think the requirements were stupid though. They weren't actually too difficult, although I did have problems with a couple. Then that can make it frustrating.
Difficulty isn't really the issue here, I enjoy difficulty...

But not when it comes at the cost of how I want to play something.

Catch that guy but do not shove anyone...

Not only does that go against logic(I'm supposed to catch a guy or he'll blow the whistle but nooo I cannot shove people) it's really taking the piss when shoving is an automatic thing.

ladyleonhart
07-27-2013, 06:44 PM

Not only does that go against logic(I'm supposed to catch a guy or he'll blow the whistle but nooo I cannot shove people) it's really taking the piss when shoving it an automatic thing.

Oh, you are referring to the Hickey mission. Actually, I have to agree with you on that one. That was ridiculous. >_< No idea what they were thinking when they came up with that.

x___Luffy___x
07-27-2013, 06:46 PM

Not only does that go against logic(I'm supposed to catch a guy or he'll blow the whistle but nooo I cannot shove people) it's really taking the piss when shoving it an automatic thing.

lol i remember that. i also did nt try do the 100% sync , it was ridiculous.

ctuagent15
07-27-2013, 07:28 PM
http://i.picpar.com/wGs.png

Confirmed that the only loading is going into the main cites

AC2_alex
07-27-2013, 08:06 PM
lol i remember that. i also did nt try do the 100% sync , it was ridiculous.

I really hope Full Synch optional objectives are scrapped. They are so annoying. I hated it when I completed a big mission in AC3, just to see 3 big red X's flash on the screen.

ctuagent15
07-27-2013, 08:33 PM
I really hope Full Synch optional objectives are scrapped. They are so annoying. I hated it when I completed a big mission in AC3, just to see 3 big red X's flash on the screen.
They still have Full synch but they're trying to to make them less restrictive.
Here'a a vid with Ash were he talks about full synch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8nXLl80VnU&list=UUfB8dJdMxEofkcybwAskjqQ&feature=player_detailpage&t=237

Edit Just saw this
http://i.picpar.com/yGs.png
so as well as 35 shanties there are 35 folk songs

OSantaClownO
07-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Another Update:

- We will see gameplay videos in the past few weeks. (Including Havana).
- Losing all your crew causes desync.
- " stealth is super important and we put a lot of effort on it. Notoriety made detection rules complex"
- Pirate hunters! (Sounds to me like the stalkers in ACR only more being attention to).
- Edwar'ds first pistol is on his hip, not chest.
- You might be able to craft outfits using the items you earn by hunting animals
(Q: With the skins of the animals hunted by harpooning can we create new outfits for edward??
A: I won't ruin the surprise ;) - Sounds like a yes to me, yet don't want to say it's confirmed.)

ArabianFrost
07-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Another Update:

- " stealth is super important and we put a lot of effort on it. Notoriety made detection rules complex"
- Pirate hunters! (Sounds to me like the stalkers in ACR only more being attention to).
- You might be able to craft outfits using the items you earn by hunting animals
(Q: With the skins of the animals hunted by harpooning can we create new outfits for edward??
A: I won't ruin the surprise ;) - Sounds like a yes to me, yet don't want to say it's confirmed.)

Detection is now more complex? I could have sworn it was simpler and more "intuitive". Are you sure this isn't a typo on your side?

Edit:
I'm wrong. Please don't kill me.

Jexx21
07-27-2013, 09:27 PM
err, read that again frost, it says that the notoriety system made detection too complex and that it's gone now.

ArabianFrost
07-27-2013, 09:38 PM
err, read that again frost, it says that the notoriety system made detection too complex and that it's gone now.

My bad.

Wolfmeister1010
07-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Another Update:

I am VERY happy about the pirate hunter thing. I feel like stalkers have been forgotten, by ubisoft, and by us.

ArabianFrost
07-27-2013, 09:52 PM
I am VERY happy about the pirate hunter thing. I feel like stalkers have been forgotten, by ubisoft, and by us.

Ashraf did say they are NAVAL pirate hunters. I still hope these hunters can leave their ships and chase us on land, but these remain hopes. We'll see.

OSantaClownO
07-27-2013, 11:15 PM
Ashraf did say they are NAVAL pirate hunters. I still hope these hunters can leave their ships and chase us on land, but these remain hopes. We'll see.

Ashraf has given a lot of attention into making the game flooding and connected between land and sea, the chances are that they would/

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 02:43 AM
Also, you can do the fleet missions yourself with the tablet app thing.

OSantaClownO
07-28-2013, 03:18 AM
Also, you can do the fleet missions yourself with the tablet app thing.

Think of it somehow more like Brotherhood, you're not going to go with Edward on your console and you know, kill a few ships in order to complete missions or whatever it will be. It is most likely going to be just *click*, *click* , *click* FLEET MISSION DONE.

Edit: I'm an idiot, "no, closer to brotherhood, BUT with the companion app you can jump into those missions and do them yourself".
Thanks for Jexx21 for correcting me up.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 03:21 AM
Nope. Ash said that you can "hop in" and do the missions yourself. I think it would be like an RTS thing almost though. Similar to the companion app games that they showed off for Watch_Dogs and The Division.

OSantaClownO
07-28-2013, 03:29 AM
I LOVE ASH.
- "less cinematic, a lot more story is told in the gameplay".
- He also seems to be very confident about the new Stealth system, "trust me, it was the right move. The stealth is so much better for it. And in a few months you can tell me if I'm wrong ;)".

Megas_Doux
07-28-2013, 03:39 AM
Another Update:

Very exciting info!!!!

Mostly the part about the pistols, because I have planned not crafting the swords of his chest.

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 08:39 AM
I LOVE ASH.
So I've heard, and that's why I'm really looking forward to, lesser crutches!

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 08:45 AM
I LOVE ASH.
- He also seems to be very confident about the new Stealth system, "trust me, it was the right move. The stealth is so much better for it. And in a few months you can tell me if I'm wrong ;)".

Someone give this man a medal.

ACfan443
07-28-2013, 12:00 PM
This is all beginning to sound too good to be true. I can imagine the huge backlash he would receive if the game doesn't deliver on any of these claims. Cautiously optimistic however.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Random quests anyone?? Hello??

Legendz54
07-28-2013, 12:09 PM
New stuff

- You can hunt animals just like AC3 but it is more simplified, no more traps or bait etc just kill animals and get the goods.
-you can wield two swords but there are many different blades

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Random quests anyone?? Hello??

From Ashraf with love (even you van be excited for something):

http://i.imgur.com/qiV163c.png

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 12:14 PM
From Ashraf with love (even you van be excited for something):

http://i.imgur.com/qiV163c.png
O MA GODZ OH MA GODZ RANDOM QUESTS ATARTRATRATARDCARCSRAS and i have no other reason to believe it, but a tweet...

Mate, I was SHOWN random quests at E3 2012...i`m not saying Ahsraf is a liar. great respect for the guy, but i`m gonna need more than a tweet to believe it

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 12:21 PM
O MA GODZ OH MA GODZ RANDOM QUESTS ATARTRATRATARDCARCSRAS and i have no other reason to believe it, but a tweet...

Mate, I was SHOWN random quests at E3 2012...i`m not saying Ahsraf is a liar. great respect for the guy, but i`m gonna need more than a tweet to believe it

Well, I think the main problem is that you have doubts about ANYHING actually being in the game. Well, I'll have to direct your sights to Darby's other comforting tweet:

http://i.imgur.com/BIr8To8.png

Spider_Sith9
07-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Jeez! What's the big deal of Random Quests? Is it just to fulfill your fantasy from ACR that never came?

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Well, I think the main problem is that you have doubts about ANYHING actually being in the game. Well, I'll have to direct your sights to Darby's other comforting tweet:

I know what happened with random quests and I know this :|

Jeez! What's the big deal of Random Quests? Is it just to fulfill your fantasy from ACR that never came?
Oh I dunno.....something I greatly love, was promised twice, shown once and was cut??

Hey, don`t come crying like babies here when some of the things you`re screaming like little girls for get cut then huh?? I`ll be here, laughing my *** off...

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 12:36 PM
So why are you still not trusting them? They confirmed your silly quests and confirmed that development time was appropriate, therefore confirming that your silly quests won't be cut out. With AC3, you didn't have that. Be happy Mon.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 12:43 PM
So why are you still not trusting them? They confirmed your silly quests and confirmed that development time was appropriate, therefore confirming that your silly quests won't be cut out. With AC3, you didn't have that. Be happy Mon.
Do you know what being SHOWN a feature means?? do you?? It`s like basically saying we`ll have that in the final game....even more so than answer on twitter...you`re greatly underestimating being SHOWN a feature and then it being cut...

I`m not saying they`re lying, AGAIN i repeat, i`m not saying they`re lying...i`m saying that there still exists a chance that it may be cut and until that chance completely diminishes (which is extremely hard at this point) i`ll remain skeptic and remind everyone about it..

You`re all flippin` apologists..

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 12:49 PM

What's that godawful shape...

ArabianFrost
07-28-2013, 12:51 PM
What's that godawful shape...

I'm using my Note 2's stylus to crop the tweet. I have gelatinous fingers, unfortunately.

ACfan443
07-28-2013, 01:09 PM
I just saw this:

"@DarbyMcDevitt: Seeing tiny spoilers fans don't even realize are spoilers. Better go dark early, AC fans. #assassinscreed #ac4blackflag"

What's he referring to?

EDIT: never mind, just saw the new thread.

ze_topazio
07-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Somebody with Twitter ask one of them if the climbing will be less automatic.

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Even I can answer that for you....

No.

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 06:42 PM
what does this mean, exactly?

ze_topazio
07-28-2013, 06:47 PM
In previous ACs you had to put some effort to climb a building, in AC3 you just have to press forward.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 06:48 PM
In previous ACs you had to put some effort to climb a building
press X to leap?

OSantaClownO
07-28-2013, 06:51 PM

Asked.

ze_topazio
07-28-2013, 07:14 PM
press X to leap?

And find the right places to climb.

Yes, it wasn't very hard, but it did provide a certain challenge and it was surprisingly fun.

Asked.

Thanks.

Assassin_M
07-28-2013, 07:16 PM
And find the right places to climb.

Yes, it wasn't very hard, but it did provide a certain challenge and it was surprisingly fun.
Really?? huh..

pirate1802
07-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah.. climbing in AC3 was pretty much auto mode. Hope there's less of it in AC4, but don't think its gonna be so..

Jexx21
07-28-2013, 07:21 PM
I don't require them to re-implement the high jump mechanic, but it would be nice to have to find the right path to climb a viewpoint again I guess. Or at least specific viewpoints. I remember having to find the right path to climb the Borgia towers and some of the Venice viewpoints.

ProletariatPleb
07-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Really?? huh..
Yes really, slowly they're making everything automatic. I'm surprised we even had to press buttons in cutscenes to assassinate 3-4 people.

Ureh
07-29-2013, 03:21 PM
New stuff

- You can hunt animals just like AC3 but it is more simplified, no more traps or bait etc just kill animals and get the goods.

That's ok I guess. As long as Edward doesn't start wrestling with a shark or something...

LoyalACFan
07-29-2013, 03:39 PM

Does this just mean you can get different swords from blacksmiths as usual, or that there will also be knives or short swords or something?

prince162010
07-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Ashraf seems to have stopped answering our questions on twitter :/

I-Like-Pie45
07-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Yves must've broken him.

Spider_Sith9
07-29-2013, 08:42 PM

And I was just gonna answer my big one. D:

OSantaClownO
07-29-2013, 09:55 PM
That's ok I guess. As long as Edward doesn't start wrestling with a shark or something...
I expect it to be more similar to Far Cry 3 hunting if you are familar with it. (So yes- wrestling).

ladyleonhart
07-29-2013, 10:10 PM

Poor Ashraf... He is probably just tired of answering the same questions over and over again...

ArabianFrost
07-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Poor Ashraf... He is probably just tired of answering the same questions over and over again...

Yeah. He deserves to get rest. When he first started his twitter account, I'm sure he made it communicate with his friends, not answer the questions of a 1000 angry forumers. I hope we were not being a nuisance.

OSantaClownO
07-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Yeah. He deserves to get rest. When he first started his twitter account, I'm sure he made it communicate with his friends, not answer the questions of a 1000 angry forumers. I hope we were not being a nuisance.

I feel bad now for starting this thread.
:(
I love Ash.

ladyleonhart
07-29-2013, 10:39 PM
I feel bad now for starting this thread.
I love Ash.

Aw... Don't feel bad. I'm sure Ash understands completely. :) Then, I'm certain he would be more worried if no one was interested at all.

TheDanteEX
07-29-2013, 10:41 PM
We finally know the truth..

http://i.imgur.com/iVKgEjV.png

OSantaClownO
07-29-2013, 10:44 PM
We finally know the truth..

http://i.imgur.com/iVKgEjV.png

Writes good and is funny.
Damn this guy is everything.

ArabianFrost
07-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Aw... Don't feel bad. I'm sure Ash understands completely. :) Then, I'm certain he would be more worried if no one was interested at all.

More or less. It's his personal twitter account for his personal use. Turning it into a 24/7 Q&A page is a bit excessive. Ubisoft already has Twitter Q&As on the official Assassin's Creed twitter account, so this is "going the extra mile" so to speak. Sure a few initial interest is appreciated, but it can get a bit absurd. I just hope we have not been and won't be too intrusive.

ArabianFrost
07-29-2013, 10:50 PM

Everyone in the AC4 dev team deserves a medal for being so cool and awesome with the fans. I'm calling it, best dev team since AC1 and AC2.

ACfan443
07-29-2013, 10:50 PM
In previous ACs you had to put some effort to climb a building, in AC3 you just have to press forward.

I agree with this. I also felt that climbing was way too fast, in AC3 you shot up the building in less than 2 seconds. It destroyed the sense of verticality.

silvermercy
07-29-2013, 11:02 PM

I agree.

Marry me Darby!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqr0hrIW91qbsiln.gif

x___Luffy___x
07-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Everyone in the AC4 dev team deserves a medal for being so cool and awesome with the fans. I'm calling it, best dev team since AC1 and AC2.

agree

Kaschra
07-29-2013, 11:05 PM

Darby is the best xD

I agree, I like how they keep so much contact with the fans. They're really dedicated to their work.

LoyalACFan
07-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Can somebody with a Twitter just send our positive sentiments to Ashraf/Darby? Like others have said, they've been bombarded with questions lately, they deserve a nice, friendly note of thanks and appreciation with no badgering attached...

ArabianFrost
07-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Can somebody with a Twitter just send our positive sentiments to Ashraf/Darby? Like others have said, they've been bombarded with questions lately, they deserve a nice, friendly note of thanks and appreciation with no badgering attached...

I can do it. What's badgering though?

ACfan443
07-29-2013, 11:12 PM
I agree.

Marry me Darby!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqr0hrIW91qbsiln.gif

You scared him off long ago, think back to the reveal trailer thread...

silvermercy
07-29-2013, 11:13 PM
You scared him off long ago, think back to the reveal trailer thread...

But I have ordered the veils and everything... :(

LoyalACFan
07-29-2013, 11:13 PM
I can do it. What's badgering though?

"Badgering" is asking a million questions and just generally being pesky and annoying :p It's probably strictly American vernacular, I'll think twice about posting it on an international forum in the future.

And thanks for passing the word along to the fine gents ;)

ACfan443
07-29-2013, 11:14 PM
But I have ordered the veils and everything... :(

Maybe Ashraf will marry you?

"Badgering" is asking a million questions and just generally being pesky and annoying :p It's probably strictly American vernacular, I'll think twice about posting it on an international forum in the future.

I'm familiar with the term, it's used in England :p

silvermercy
07-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Maybe Ashraf will marry you?
I can't. The wedding rings are already engraved with Darby on them.

ArabianFrost
07-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Yay guys we got a response.

http://i.imgur.com/TVrSgug.png

ArabianFrost
07-29-2013, 11:50 PM
You were late Silver. Now you're stuck with M.

silvermercy
07-29-2013, 11:51 PM

*throws self off a cliff*

Why?? WHYYY??? Y U NO marry meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

ArabianFrost
07-29-2013, 11:54 PM

*throws self off a cliff*

Why?? WHYYY??? Y U NO marry meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

You can always wait for the AC5 devs.

silvermercy
07-29-2013, 11:57 PM
You can always wait for the AC5 devs.
But if you remember from the other thread, I am now stuck in the future. :( (I'm posting this from my iPhone 112S).

ArabianFrost
07-29-2013, 11:59 PM
But if you remember from the other thread, I am now stuck in the future. :( (I'm posting this from my iPhone 112S).

Marry Darby's son to take revenge on Darby and make him feel bad for not marrying you. Then you'll feel bad for marrying his son only to induce jealousy then the credits roll and all of this turns out to be a cheesy, generic love/revenge movie.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Marry Darby's son to take revenge on Darby and make him feel bad for not marrying you. Then you'll feel bad for marrying his son only to induce jealousy then the credits roll and all of this turns out to be a cheesy, generic love/revenge movie.
Sounds like a plan!! Why cheesy though? It will be an epic sci-fi adventure! There will be sharks and volcanoes involved: Sharkcano (not sharks and tornadoes like in Sharknado... that's just stupid...).

ArabianFrost
07-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Sounds like a plan!! Why cheesy though? It will be an epic sci-fi adventure! There will be sharks and volcanoes involved: Sharkcano (not sharks and tornadoes like in Sharknado... that's just stupid...).

You had me at Epic.

Jexx21
07-30-2013, 12:10 AM
What about SilverMercy marrying Jade, whose working on the next Connor game: Assassin's Creed IV: Canadian Flag

:)

ArabianFrost
07-30-2013, 12:12 AM
What about SilverMercy marrying Jade, whose working on the next Connor game: Assassin's Creed IV: Canadian Flag

:)

Jade is taken as well. It's destined M and silver sitting on a tree.....browsing the forums and doing nothing interesting. The end.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Nah... I'm not marrying anyone now! I'm angry. :mad: I'll just have a harem of AC devs in my basement. It's decided. :cool:

M will help me keep them in check. :)

ACfan443
07-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Urgh, we pester them way too much on twitter.

How good they are at making games and keeping promises remains to be seen. But as far as interaction with fans goes, I think it's clear that they're the most communicative devs out of all ACs.

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Deranged Connor fans, keep your derailment to that one thread.

ArabianFrost
07-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Nah... I'm not marrying anyone now! I'm angry. :mad: I'll just have a harem of AC devs in my basement. It's decided. :cool:

M will help me keep them in check. :)

Harem is Arabic for females......There's no word for male slaves....so eyo.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Harem is Arabic for females......There's no word for male slaves....so eyo.
"Reverse harem" then. :) Whaaat... I've heard it in japanese anime. Don't ask me which ones though.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Reverse%20Harem

OSantaClownO
07-30-2013, 12:34 AM
"Reverse harem" then. :) Whaaat... I've heard it in japanese anime. Don't ask me which ones though.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Reverse%20Harem

In Hebrew Merah translates to mirror.
See what I did there..
Reveresed it.
Cause..
life.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:35 AM
In greek, Merah means Day. lol

Soooo.... What we have here is a Mirror that only works during the Day. It shows you your true self and that can be dangerous... And it's only activated by Females that hold the Apple. There you go: AC4 plot mystery solved. :)

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 12:41 AM
See what I did there..
Reveresed it.
Cause..
life.
0_0 you too....no hope for human race.

silvermercy
07-30-2013, 12:43 AM
Face it. You are a dying species. We rule the world now... mwahahaaahaaa... *deranged eye twitch*

OSantaClownO
07-30-2013, 01:14 AM
Face it. You are a dying species. We rule the world now... mwahahaaahaaa... *deranged eye twitch*

Am I missing something?

ACfan443
07-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Am I missing something?

People have been derailing some of the threads these past few days, you inadvertently took part just then :I

BK-110
07-30-2013, 01:38 AM

This makes me very happy.

I-Like-Pie45
07-30-2013, 01:41 AM
Edward is a character!

OSantaClownO
07-30-2013, 01:41 AM
People have been derailing some of the threads these past few days, you inadvertently took part just then :I

That's the second time you people make me feel bad today,
Thank you.

ACfan443
07-30-2013, 02:56 AM
That's the second time you people make me feel bad today,
Thank you.

We're not saying this in a serious manner, it's all lighthearted :p

OSantaClownO
07-30-2013, 03:03 AM
We're not saying this in a serious manner, it's all lighthearted :p

So am I.
*sniff*.

ctuagent15
07-30-2013, 03:31 PM
New info from Ash's Twitter
-Ship has 3 chunks of health, outside of combat you regen the chunk you are in
-no Jackdaw can't be attacked when you are away. Would make things overly complicated
-About hunting, both land and naval
-each island has multiple fast travel points
-about puzzles, yes, many different types :)
-lots of Templar assassination missions,... You'll get more info in an upcoming video :)
-you my friend have an unhealthy fascination with holsters,... Yes, he will have one for the blowpipe
-about taking ships with stealth, how can I answer this,... Hmm,... Yes, yes, yes, ANNND yes :)
-about free roam, yup! Lots of stuff to do outside the story, LOTS!

From Darby's Twitter
-story arc in years, about a decade

Bashilir
07-30-2013, 03:51 PM
This is looking to be... I hate saying this, the best in the series. :I

I might have to pre-order it.. but then GTA V is coming out..

MY LIFE IS BE TUGGED

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 03:53 PM
This is looking to be... I hate saying this, the best in the series. :I

I might have to pre-order it.. but then GTA V is coming out..

MY LIFE IS BE TUGGED
Better than AC2? I knew it. :/

Ureh
07-30-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm going to enjoy not using the fast travel system. I found that they're redundant since ACB.

Bashilir
07-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Better than AC2? I knew it. :/

I'm sorry, but I don't understand?

Are you saying it in a positive way or negative?

Because honestly, I disliked AC2. The setting didn't even interest me.

Mystique_7
07-30-2013, 04:05 PM

Wow...you`re worse than M XD he at least liked Renaissance Italy

shop5107FB585
07-30-2013, 04:08 PM

AC2 was awesome, my favourite by a long, long, long, long way.

Bashilir
07-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Wow...you`re worse than M XD he at least liked Renaissance Italy

Worse than M...worse than M....

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sorry but, AC1 and 3 were mine by a long, long, long, long way.

Mystique_7
07-30-2013, 04:13 PM

Oh yeah, sort this out, brah :p

LoyalACFan
07-30-2013, 04:14 PM
[SIZE=2]-you my friend have an unhealthy fascination with holsters,... Yes, he will have one for the blowpipe

Please let this be true... The blowpipe didn't even bother me that much, but it'll look much better with a holster. Now, if they come through with the pistol holsters as well, we're set :p

ze_topazio
07-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Edward is a character!

Source?

Bashilir
07-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Oh yeah, sort this out, brah :p

I'm not sure if I can. D:

I'm just waiting until M comes here...

ctuagent15
07-30-2013, 04:25 PM
I second that, but it's looking good so far that Black flag could take its place

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Source?

I would also like a source. It sounds too unrealistic.

I-Like-Pie45
07-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Source?

This game is so hard! You won't be able to get past Sequence 3! Look at how easily these guards detect me! Even playing on Very Hard difficulty, the game's too hard! That's how hard this game is!

So since this game is so hard and you'll never be able to finish it, I'm going to tell you what happens so you don't feel bad you never find out because you can't finish because it's so hard!

-Anne Bonny is Haytham's mother!
-Blackbeard dies!
-Benjamin Hornigold dies and he's a Templar!
-The Jackdaw is sunk in the climax!
-Connor dies, offscreen because he sucks and no one likes him!
-Booker and Elizabeth aren't who you think they are!
-Joel and Ellie don't die!
-Aerith dies!

This has been George Wood. Now WHERE'S MY WEED

Jexx21
07-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Please let this be true... The blowpipe didn't even bother me that much, but it'll look much better with a holster. Now, if they come through with the pistol holsters as well, we're set :p

That's my tweet he was replying to. I have an unhealthy fascination with holsters apparently. :P

Sorry but, AC1 and 3 were mine by a long, long, long, long way.

I really loved Colonial America. AC3 was amazing.

ze_topazio
07-30-2013, 04:36 PM
This game is so hard! You won't be able to get past Sequence 3! Look at how easily these guards detect me! Even playing on Very Hard difficulty, the game's too hard! That's how hard this game is!

So since this game is so hard and you'll never be able to finish it, I'm going to tell you what happens so you don't feel bad you never find out because you can't finish because it's so hard!

-Blackbeard dies!
-Aerith dies!

Seems legit!

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 05:23 PM

-Blackbeard dies!
-Aerith dies!

Damn spoilers.....!!

prince162010
07-30-2013, 06:06 PM
New info from Ash's Twitter
-Ship has 3 chunks of health, outside of combat you regen the chunk you are in
-no Jackdaw can't be attacked when you are away. Would make things overly complicated
-About hunting, both land and naval
-each island has multiple fast travel points
-about puzzles, yes, many different types :)
-lots of Templar assassination missions,... You'll get more info in an upcoming video :)
-you my friend have an unhealthy fascination with holsters,... Yes, he will have one for the blowpipe
-about taking ships with stealth, how can I answer this,... Hmm,... Yes, yes, yes, ANNND yes :)
-about free roam, yup! Lots of stuff to do outside the story, LOTS!

From Darby's Twitter
-story arc in years, about a decade

Add this :
-there will be no bow & arrow ,like in (AC3 with Connor)

White24Room
07-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Ashraf Ismail also told me that there will be more templars to assassinate and that's amazing !!!

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/31/1375206008-ac4.jpg

https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/362093730649477121

Spider_Sith9
07-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Ashraf Ismail also told me that there will be more templars to assassinate and that's amazing !!!

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/31/1375206008-ac4.jpg

https://twitter.com/AshrafAIsmail/status/362093730649477121

Will Personae return like in ACB And ACR as targets?

Ureh
07-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Were the assassination contracts in AC3 restrictive? I think you can kill them anyway you want, but there wasn't any depth to them. Just walk up, climb up, whatever... then kill them. The AC2 contracts were pretty neat though, right?

White24Room
07-30-2013, 06:57 PM
I hope we'll find contrats such as AC2, and there will be a lot of templar assassinations in the main path as well

prince162010
07-31-2013, 10:11 AM
I missed the bomb crafting system from ACR ... i hope they bring this system back :rolleyes:

VictorAviram123
07-31-2013, 10:32 AM
Forget holsters, forget everything... the only thing I want in the game is the clips from AC2 explaining who each enemy is.
I don't have the time and the will to go to Wikipedia when i'm playing... and also Shaun was fun to hear but I know that now he's very unlikely to return.

roostersrule2
07-31-2013, 10:35 AM
Batman confirmed to be in the game.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/08/17/assassins-creed-iii-combat-inspired-by-batman-arkham-asylum/

ProletariatPleb
07-31-2013, 10:38 AM
Were the assassination contracts in AC3 restrictive? I think you can kill them anyway you want, but there wasn't any depth to them. Just walk up, climb up, whatever... then kill them. The AC2 contracts were pretty neat though, right?
Walk up to them and keep following them around, eventually they fight guards and get killed. Contract complete.........

We have no idea why we are killing them... assassin for hire.

pacmanate
07-31-2013, 12:01 PM
Oh god. The bow. Worst stealth weapon to ever be in an AC game.

Assassin_M
07-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Oh god. The bow. Worst stealth weapon to ever be in an AC game.
I thought it was great. going to miss it, but it makes sense for it not to be there

ArabianFrost
07-31-2013, 12:13 PM
I thought it was great. going to miss it, but it makes sense for it not to be there

It had the worst free aim system in the entirety of gaming. First of all, it's pretty much one hit one kill, so it makes zero sense for it to have free aim for humans. It just becomes frustrating. "Man I'd like to get a headshot" *aims at head* NOPE. Connor lowers his bow cause the aim cursor is a 0.00001 mm off the guard's body. Either you make it auto-aim, or make it completely free-aim.

Legendz54
07-31-2013, 12:15 PM
It had the worst free aim system in the entirety of gaming. First of all, it's pretty much one hit one kill, so it makes zero sense for it to have free aim for humans. It just becomes frustrating. "Man I'd like to get a headshot" *aims at head* NOPE. Connor lowers his bow cause the aim cursor is a 0.00001 mm off the guard's body. Either you make it auto-aim, or make it completely free-aim.

The blowpipe should be better since its free aim isn't it?

Assassin_M
07-31-2013, 12:17 PM
I don`t see how that makes it the worst aiming ever. it did its job. I had no problem with its aiming and no, it wasn't always a one hit kill. it depended on how long you hold it before shooting. it can also kill 2 adjacent people..

ArabianFrost
07-31-2013, 12:18 PM

Yep. Someone at the AC4 dev team listened. They listened to a lot of feedback. Great people.

Spider_Sith9
07-31-2013, 12:26 PM

Alot of the things in Black Flag was already in AC3:L such as underwater swimming. Same with the Blowpipe? Why the lack of recognition.

Legendz54
07-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Alot of the things in Black Flag was already in AC3:L such as underwater swimming. Same with the Blowpipe? Why the lack of recognition.

Yes? I know the blowpipe was in ACL, Never played it btw.. Bow was lock on only in AC3 and blowpipe and pistols are free aim in AC4, I was just saying the blowpipe has an advantage over the bow.

pacmanate
07-31-2013, 01:01 PM

Everytime I use it somehow they get alerted?!

Assassin_M
07-31-2013, 01:03 PM
Everytime I use it somehow they get alerted?!
It happened to me once or twice, though I can see where you`re coming from. it is quite annoying..not the weapon`s fault, though...since the enemy detection AI was effed up to begin with

pacmanate
07-31-2013, 01:05 PM
It happened to me once or twice, though I can see where you`re coming from. it is quite annoying..not the weapon`s fault, though...since the enemy detection AI was effed up to begin with

Happens to me too often :\ annoying because I wanted to use the bow the most in game.

Assassin_M
07-31-2013, 01:08 PM
Happens to me too often :\ annoying because I wanted to use the bow the most in game.
totally understand. detection was simply crap in AC III. not your fault.

Megas_Doux
07-31-2013, 01:29 PM
totally understand. detection was simply crap in AC III. not your fault.

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Assassins-Creed-3-New-York-Boston-570x342.jpg

The bow gave Connor a pretty badazz look, however since the AI was "inconsistent", the weapon suffered for it! I hope that mistake gets fixed in AC IV, I liked how the difficulty was "increased" a little bit in AC3, but could have been better improved, IMO.

Legendz54
07-31-2013, 01:35 PM
http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Assassins-Creed-3-New-York-Boston-570x342.jpg

The bow gave Connor a pretty badazz look, however since the AI was "inconsistent", the weapon suffered for it! I hope that mistake gets fixed in AC IV, I liked how the difficulty was "increased" a little bit in AC3, but could have been better improved, IMO.

Ah.. I remember this screen its one of the first ones i saw of AC3, I remember how different it felt.

ACfan443
07-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Get ready y'all, Darby's about to do a twitter Q&A session about present day
EDIT: my mistake, it's tomorrow. :p

TheDanteEX
07-31-2013, 08:58 PM
A funny thing about the bow is, hitting two people with one arrow even works when it doesn't kill the guards. So apparently the arrow passed through one's body but they are hardly phased. The bow from Tomb Raider was really good, but that's a third-person shooter so I guess comparisons shouldn't work.

x___Luffy___x
07-31-2013, 09:32 PM
i loved the bow but yeah the detection system was really bad in AC3...

prince162010
07-31-2013, 09:42 PM
i loved the bow but yeah the detection system was really bad in AC3...

Often it turns to zero... bad AI :(

pacmanate
07-31-2013, 10:39 PM
Just Tried it now. One guard was behind a tree, another next to him in plain site. I was as far away as I could get to test this detection thing out. Shot the guy pearing out from the tree, got detected. Lame.

OSantaClownO
07-31-2013, 11:08 PM
You usually would like to get the bow out when you have a height difference between your targets.
The mission when you need to blow up 2 ships without being detected is probably the best use for the bow.

luckyto
07-31-2013, 11:51 PM
Good thread!

silvermercy
08-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll put it here (didn't see this posted yet):

Interview with Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Creative Director Jean Guesdon over email:

excerpt:
I would personally say that, when we first meet him, Edward is a likable criminal. He’s selfish and motivated by gold and fame but he truly is a good man looking for a better life. During the course of the game we will follow him as he progressively evolves from that very “teenage” attitude of rebellion and authority refusal to a more adult and responsible personality. He will slowly understand duty and the fact that without rules and structure you can’t build anything, including your own life.

Full Interview here: http://emertainmentmonthly.com/2013/07/31/interview-with-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-creative-director-jean-guesdon/

OSantaClownO
08-01-2013, 12:31 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll put it here (didn't see this posted yet):

Interview with Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Creative Director Jean Guesdon over email:

excerpt:
I would personally say that, when we first meet him, Edward is a likable criminal. He’s selfish and motivated by gold and fame but he truly is a good man looking for a better life. During the course of the game we will follow him as he progressively evolves from that very “teenage” attitude of rebellion and authority refusal to a more adult and responsible personality. He will slowly understand duty and the fact that without rules and structure you can’t build anything, including your own life.

http://emertainmentmonthly.com/2013/07/31/interview-with-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-creative-director-jean-guesdon/

This is the things I would like to call spoilers.

silvermercy
08-01-2013, 12:33 AM
I've darkened it but why is it a spoiler? It's been known for ages.

OSantaClownO
08-01-2013, 12:42 AM
I've darkened it but why is it a spoiler? It's been known for ages.

And people was trying to avoid it for ages. I barely read what you wrote so I can't really tell you.

silvermercy
08-01-2013, 12:45 AM
And people was trying to avoid it for ages. I barely read what you wrote so I can't really tell you.
Then you haven't been around these forums much as we've been discussing this same thing for ages and ages (Edward's character development). For your sake you should go dark now if you really think these are spoilers. O_o
And you shouldn't be in the forums or reading a thread with tweets. Many tweets have the potential to be spoilers. ANYTHING can be a spoiler from now on depending on what people personally consider spoilers. In fact, maybe it should be in the title.

prince162010
08-01-2013, 01:24 AM

it is just a few info about the game from an interview and you call it SPOILERS !!! ?? :confused:

OSantaClownO
08-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Then you haven't been around these forums much as we've been discussing this same thing for ages and ages (Edward's character development). For your sake you should go dark now if you really think these are spoilers. O_o
And you shouldn't be in the forums or reading a thread with tweets. Many tweets have the potential to be spoilers. ANYTHING can be a spoiler from now on depending on what people personally consider spoilers. In fact, maybe it should be in the title.

I opened this thread for the sake of gameplay information, not story information. Ash and Dave both try their best about not saying anything about the story. They have all those little hints.

silvermercy
08-01-2013, 01:46 AM
I opened this thread for the sake of gameplay information, not story information. Ash and Dave both try their best about not saying anything about the story. They have all those little hints.
Still, what I posted here (for lack of a better thread and to avoid spamming) should not be considered a spoiler. But you stated it's a spoiler even though It's NOT a spoiler. People who'd like to read it may be prevented now from reading it...

OSantaClownO
08-01-2013, 01:55 AM
Still, what I posted here (for lack of a better thread and to avoid spamming) should not be considered a spoiler. But you stated it's a spoiler even though It's NOT a spoiler.

I'm just trying to avoid any future story spoilers, yours may be minor ot not a spoiler at all, but then another one comes and and spoils it.
Lets end this now.

White24Room
08-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the interview, that was quite interesting.

silvermercy
08-01-2013, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the interview, that was quite interesting.
No prob. You welcome! :)

White24Room
08-01-2013, 02:15 AM
Darby will soon answer our questions about the present day on twitter, can't wait to see that. But I hope there won't be too much spoilers

Kaschra
08-01-2013, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the interview, too!

Hm, the AC4 team likes a certain character they haven't revealed yet? Okay, now I really wanna know who that is!

LoyalACFan
08-01-2013, 02:45 AM
Hm, the AC4 team likes a certain character they haven't revealed yet? Okay, now I really wanna know who that is!

Edward's mentor, maybe?

OSantaClownO
08-01-2013, 02:49 AM
Thanks for the interview, too!

Might be Charles Vane, or some of the templars.
or a camo of Haytham?

Or it might be Charles Vane being a templar, being Haytham.

Spider_Sith9
08-01-2013, 03:29 AM
Might be Charles Vane, or some of the templars.
or a camo of Haytham?

Or it might be Charles Vane being a templar, being Haytham.

It's obviously Haytham.

Jexx21
08-01-2013, 03:32 AM
IT MIGHT BE ***** GOLD

OR MAYBLE JACK SPARROW

what about jexx the jexxy pirate of jexxness

Spider_Sith9
08-01-2013, 03:33 AM
IT MIGHT BE ***** GOLD

OR MAYBLE JACK SPARROW

what about jexx the jexxy pirate of jexxness

Nah it's Prothy the Prothean. :)

Jexx21
08-01-2013, 03:34 AM
jexx is the next character **** yea

roostersrule2
08-01-2013, 06:48 AM
It's Batman.

Jexx21
08-01-2013, 06:59 AM
No it's Robin.

avk111
08-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Previous Information

New information is posted with-in the comments.

Please do not quote the whole news I am bringing, if you want to response about something specific then just quote that specific thing. - We're spending pages just because the whole message just being quoted.

Thank you for the information, Im really looking forward to sailing on the Carribean and seeing what has happened to Desmond.

Thank you,

nunosilva13
08-01-2013, 11:01 AM

HAhaha ac3 took me 20 hours to make 2 playthrough and to 100% one of them.... I'm very sceptical about this one....

MadJC1986
08-01-2013, 11:10 AM
HAhaha ac3 took me 20 hours to make 2 playthrough and to 100% one of them.... I'm very sceptical about this one....

Me no believe u!

LoyalACFan
08-01-2013, 12:12 PM

LOL. There are four hours of cutscenes alone. That leaves you 12 hours... you're telling us you got 100% completion and replayed the story in that time?

ProletariatPleb
08-01-2013, 12:16 PM
LOL. There are four hours of cutscenes alone. That leaves you 12 hours... you're telling us you got 100% completion and replayed the story in that time?
Now I'm not saying 100% but mainstory+some sidemissions and it took me 11-13 hours.

LoyalACFan
08-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Now I'm not saying 100% but mainstory+some sidemissions and it took me 11-13 hours.

Now play through the campaign again and do every liberation mission, full sync constraint, club activity, challenge, privateer contract, delivery request, almanac page, and feather in the remaining 7-9 hours.

Not saying you missed out on much by skipping most of the side content (much of it was asinine) but nobody can seriously claim to get 100% completion + a second story run in 20 hours.

Jexx21
08-02-2013, 03:51 AM
Ashraf:

-you can go as far from your ship as you want
-Jackdaw comes with you when you fast travel
-weather system is in on land
-characters react to weather
-we can jump on ships before they leave port and take out our target that way, but it's hard to pull off
-Wolfpack is returning as an MP option

Darby:

-AC3 MP player and Modern-day protagonist are same person: the player (what this means is pretty much up to the player I guess)

I-Like-Pie45
08-02-2013, 03:57 AM
Wait... AC3 has three digits and combined with MP that is five. Then, modern day protagonist is three words. Add that to the previous number and that is eight. Add Assassin's Creed as a franchise into the mix, that is nine. How many AC games have there been with a number before 4: BF? Three!

Divide 9 by 3, what do you get?

OH GOD... HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

Spider_Sith9
08-02-2013, 04:06 AM
I seem to have poor luck getting this guy when he's on (Ashraf).

Assassin_M
08-02-2013, 04:09 AM
I seem to have poor luck getting this guy when he's on (Ashraf).
Oh god that sounds so wrong :|

pirate1802
08-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Bahahahahahahahahahahha! Oh dear xD

shop5107FB585
08-02-2013, 06:19 AM
Wait... AC3 has three digits and combined with MP that is five. Then, modern day protagonist is three words. Add that to the previous number and that is eight. Add Assassin's Creed as a franchise into the mix, that is nine. How many AC games have there been with a number before 4: BF? Three!

Divide 9 by 3, what do you get?

OH GOD... HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

Anyway...moving on...

Jexx21
08-02-2013, 07:27 AM
I found Calvarok on twitter. I miss that guy. He was cool.

ACfan443
08-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Darby: "Early in the project I demanded that AC4's present be set in Montreal & since I get every 9th thing I ask for, I made 8 lame requests first."

pirate1802
08-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Darby: "Early in the project I demanded that AC4's present be set in Montreal & since I get every 9th thing I ask for, I made 8 lame requests first."

Rofl!

Spider_Sith9
08-02-2013, 12:21 PM

Almost as narcissistic as Ed Boon putting Scorpion in Injustice. :P

prince162010
08-03-2013, 01:23 AM
*CONFIRMED:

-lots of costumes (outfits)
-lots of special armors

adventurewomen
08-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Woah thanks everyone for this thread! I'm looking forward to ACIV, lets go! :D

ctuagent15
08-04-2013, 01:20 AM
Sharks can attack you when you're in a boat
http://i.picpar.com/nat.png

Spider_Sith9
08-04-2013, 01:44 AM
Damn! I missed another response!!!!!!! Can someone tell him if Investigations and Persona Targets will return? ;__;

scooper121s
08-04-2013, 02:43 AM
Will we have CO-OP!

Will we get a trilogy as 'player'

Will we be able to customize 'player'

How many sequences

Jexx21
08-04-2013, 02:59 AM
Wolfpack 2

Probably not

Probably not

We don't know, they won't tell us

scooper121s
08-04-2013, 03:04 AM
Wolfpack 2

Probably not

Probably not

We don't know, they won't tell us

I read somewhere there may be co-op...

oh well

Hopefully

Damn

Jexx21
08-04-2013, 03:08 AM
I think they would have announced a co-op mode already.

scooper121s
08-04-2013, 03:12 AM
I think they would have announced a co-op mode already.
Maybe, maybe not.

ctuagent15
08-04-2013, 03:32 AM
Just looking though Ash's twitter feed and saw this

http://i.picpar.com/0at.png

He must be very confident in the game to give a statement like this

scooper121s
08-04-2013, 03:34 AM
Very confident

Spider_Sith9
08-04-2013, 03:41 AM
Can someone ask if AC1 Investigations will return and MP Personae assassinations return? He's avoiding me like the plague! ;__;

scooper121s
08-04-2013, 03:49 AM
Can someone ask if AC1 Investigations will return and MP Personae assassinations return? He's avoiding me like the plague! ;__;
I asked for you.

Spider_Sith9
08-04-2013, 03:50 AM
I asked for you.

yay. What is your Twitter :)

scooper121s
08-04-2013, 03:52 AM
Lore Master
@LoreMaster1

White24Room
08-04-2013, 04:18 AM
The game looks amazing, and Ashraf is a really nice man, I hope that fans will love AC4 and that he'll be proud of "his baby" as he says :)

scooper121s
08-04-2013, 04:20 AM
the game looks amazing, and ashraf is a really nice man, i hope that fans will love ac4 and that he'll be proud of "his baby" as he says :)
Assassini! Insema per la vittoria!

Jexx21
08-04-2013, 05:52 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/xfyclt.png

Confirmed: Ashraf is not Darby

scooper121s
08-04-2013, 06:03 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/xfyclt.png

Confirmed: Ashraf is not Darby

lol

Jexx21
08-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Pirate hunters only on sea.

http://i41.tinypic.com/aekzh0.png

Jexx21
08-04-2013, 06:30 AM
http://oi40.tinypic.com/dov1up.jpg

Some info of interest.

scooper121s
08-04-2013, 06:36 AM

Some info of interest.

This seems to bode that there will be a modecem of free roam, and/or side quests and stuff in the modern day... that's cool

LoyalACFan
08-04-2013, 06:38 AM

Some info of interest.

Why would you complain about the weapon wheel not stopping gameplay... -_- Unless it causes the game to lag...?

ProletariatPleb
08-04-2013, 06:42 AM
Why would you complain about the weapon wheel not stopping gameplay... -_- Unless it causes the game to lag...?
^This, what kind of a genius doesn't want a continuous flow between everything...

I-Like-Pie45
08-04-2013, 06:53 AM
I think Ashraf should just remove weapons wheel altogether

At the start of the game, you pick a weapon and from there on out you can only use that weapon for the rest of the game

so example if you pick blowdart you can only use the blowdart, everything else is locked away even the Jackdaw's cannons

LoyalACFan
08-04-2013, 07:13 AM
I think Ashraf should just remove weapons wheel altogether

At the start of the game, you pick a weapon and from there on out you can only use that weapon for the rest of the game

so example if you pick blowdart you can only use the blowdart, everything else is locked away even the Jackdaw's cannons

Or if you pick the cannons, you have to drag them behind you everywhere you go. You people wanted difficulty, NOW TAKE IT

TheDanteEX
08-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Has anybody shared this yet? I thought this would be the first to be mentioned, unless everybody's over it now.

http://i.imgur.com/bogPvxs.png

ACfan443
08-04-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm starting to feel a little uneasy with the amount of questions some of us keep bombarding him with. I mean one or two questions is fine in a given time, but past that feels borderline pestering, like feral animals repeatedly coming back for a slab of meat to be thrown to them.

It's also unfair to those who haven't yet had their questions answered (not referring to myself, I haven't asked any yet).

Shahkulu101
08-04-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm starting to feel a little uneasy with the amount of questions some of us keep bombarding him with. I mean one or two questions is fine in a given time, but past that feels borderline pestering, like feral animals repeatedly coming back for a slab of meat to be thrown to them.

It's also unfair to those who haven't yet had their questions answered (not referring to myself, I haven't asked any yet).

Think I agree with this. Their taking advantage of Ashraf's good nature but props to him for replying to so many questions anyway. Game hype does tend to turn people into feral animals though :p

Spider_Sith9
08-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Think I agree with this. Their taking advantage of Ashraf's good nature but props to him for replying to so many questions anyway. Game hype does tend to turn people into feral animals though :p

Victims of the Double-Edged Sword. In the end, if said game fails. It's never our fault. :/

The Price of Sleeping. I'll never know if they'll bring back Investigations and Personae. I'm leaving a tab open just for Ash.

ProletariatPleb
08-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Well it sort of comes with the job, you answer or you don't.....that and it's not just us forum people asking...

pirate1802
08-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Or if you pick the cannons, you have to drag them behind you everywhere you go. You people wanted difficulty, NOW TAKE IT

Hahahahaha I'm now imagining Ol' Eddy lugging a bigass cannon into a tavern to complete an assassination contract

ze_topazio
08-04-2013, 01:15 PM
I actually prefer the game pausing when going to the weapons menu, i hate wanting to carefully choose a weapon or something while being ruthlessly attacked by the enemies.

ProletariatPleb
08-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I actually prefer the game pausing when going to the weapons menu, i hate wanting to carefully choose a weapon or something while being ruthlessly attacked by the enemies.
And I dislike giant wheel on my face stopping my game...so a compromise perhaps? When we press button for wheel, then the game slows down.

Spider_Sith9
08-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Hahahahaha I'm now imagining Ol' Eddy lugging a bigass cannon into a tavern to complete an assassination contract

Talk about overkill.

ACfan443
08-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Victims of the Double-Edged Sword. In the end, if said game fails. It's never our fault. :/

The Price of Sleeping. I'll never know if they'll bring back Investigations and Personae. I'm leaving a tab open just for Ash.

I too would like to know this, instead of answers to the same questions over and over. I've lost track of the number of questions answered about outfits :p

ArabianFrost
08-04-2013, 01:33 PM
And I dislike giant wheel on my face stopping my game...so a compromise perhaps? When we press button for wheel, then the game slows down.

So basically, The Witcher 2 weapon wheel. That thing was damn perfection and there was nothing more badass than slowmo Geralt.

ze_topazio
08-04-2013, 01:35 PM

But when you are choosing the weapon you can't play the game anyway so why does it matters if the games stops?

ProletariatPleb
08-04-2013, 01:38 PM
So basically, The Witcher 2 weapon wheel. That thing was damn perfection and there was nothing more badass than slowmo Geralt.
Hmmm...yeah Witcher 2 wheel that makes sense.

Spider_Sith9
08-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Can we see our body in Modern Day? Otherwise he may be of unknown ethnithicy.

ProletariatPleb
08-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Can we see our body in Modern Day?
No. I thought that would be obvious.

ACfan443
08-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Can we see our body in Modern Day? Otherwise he may be of unknown ethnithicy.

We're the modern day character, I.e the player