PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed 4: Ubisoft has “put effort” into improved stealth

ArabianFrost
07-26-2013, 12:51 PM
www.vg247.com/2013/07/26/assassins-creed-4-ubisoft-has-put-effort-into-improved-stealth/

Highlight of the article for me "If you really wish to play the game completely in stealth you can". Sure we heard the 85% campaign stealth liability before on the twitter Q&A, but I hope this means that we can completely be stealthy out of the campaign as well.

If you don't already know, I have an unhealthy obsession with stealth. Excited can't even come close to how I feel about this.

D.I.D.
07-26-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm a little suspicious of this given that we haven't heard anything about an actual stealth mechanic yet, other than an improvement in the undergrowth stealth. I really like the new thing with the guards carrying lanterns and the need for your assassin to stay out of the beams, so hopefully there are more things like that yet to be announced.

ArabianFrost
07-26-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm a little suspicious of this given that we haven't heard anything about an actual stealth mechanic yet, other than an improvement in the undergrowth stealth. I really like the new thing with the guards carrying lanterns and the need for your assassin to stay out of the beams, so hopefully there are more things like that yet to be announced.

I honestly don't think there's much change in stealth mechanics, as much as the stealth mechanics are just generally enhanced and more encouraged for use. Of course, they still haven't talked much about social stealth and the notoriety system (or the lack thereof), so we can expect some more new info in the coming month. Even then, I don't really expect we'll see a revolution in the stealth genre with the next AC, but we'll definitely see an abundance in the use of stealth in the next game which is awesome cause the stealth mechanics (including social stealth) in AC are satisfactory on their own and would be great to see more in use. That's why it's fine by me for them to not focus on altering the stealth much. However, I do expect much from AC5 in terms of stealth .

lothario-da-be
07-26-2013, 02:37 PM
If they manage to make stealth and naval combat very good this game will be awesome, parcour has always been good and combat was made better in a3, but it needs to be improved mre though.

AC2_alex
07-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Well gosh, I hope they're putting effort into the game.

ArabianFrost
07-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Well gosh, I hope they're putting effort into the game.

lolwut?

Ureh
07-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Yeah it was so hard to free roam AC3 undetected if you've lvl 3 notoriety. So hopefully we can still move fast (on rooftops at least) without triggering a chase every 5 mins.

SixKeys
07-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Yeah it was so hard to free roam AC3 undetected if you've lvl 3 notoriety. So hopefully we can still move fast (on rooftops at least) without triggering a chase every 5 mins.

The notoriety was IMO the least enjoyable aspect of AC3. I still wonder how detection is going to work in AC4 since they say they've gotten rid of the notoriety system.

SteelCity999
07-26-2013, 03:44 PM

The more I see of AC4, the more I get dissappointed in AC3. Does anyone remember an early concept video of AC3 that Alex showed? Their early version of Connor walked liked Ezio, was in the forest and the guards he was following carried lanterns. Looks remarkably like AC4's demo except in the tropical setting. It goes to show how many things were lost in AC3 somehow and how odd that Ubi marketed AC3 as a new franchise, all the while AC4 was being made and returning to the franchise's roots. AC3 really needed another year. A good game that should have been great.

Hopefully, the stealth will be as good as they are promoting it to be. The Last of Us really set a new standard for stealth and making choices throughout the game. And showed that it can be fun to play.

Ureh
07-26-2013, 04:01 PM
I think lvl 2 notoriety was the best but it was really easy to skip to lvl 3.