PDA

View Full Version : Throwing heavy weapons || hunting issues

LordStuff.at
07-26-2013, 12:08 AM
I don't know if there is any other thread about this, but I didn't find anything using the search feature.

So I decided to open up a new thread.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but:
If I try to one shot a deer with the bow, I always fail.
Doesn't matter if I wait 30 seconds to pull back the string or aim at the head or whatever.

Is it even possible? Or is it just a little trick that I didn't get?

Coming to the next thing:

Is it possible to throw heavy weapons in AC3?
I read about many people in other forums telling me they're "doing it all the time", but I didn't see a single Youtube oder How To video about this.

Also, the posters where exclusively playing a console version of AC3, so is it maybe just not contained in the PC version?

I tried myself and I only got to throw the heavy weapon when double tapping Q in combat.
What I mean is throwing it to start a combat, like in Brotherhood, I loved to use it, it's a great starter after all to take out the strongest guard first, without even having to run into the crowd.

When the heavy weapon is equipped, you can see it as both the main weapon and the tool.
So I thought maybe it IS possible to throw it even if you're not in combat.

If it isn't possible I beg you, Ubisoft, to bring this feature again in Black Flag!
Would be a shame if this wouldn't be contained.

Ureh
07-26-2013, 12:13 AM
I think deers occasionally die with one shot but usually require two. But I could be doing something wrong too.

I haven't tried throwing heavy weps outside of combat. Have you tried using free-aim zoom thingy to lock on to someone? It could be that the feature isn't in the game though...

Ureh
07-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Yup just checked. You can throw blunt weapons outside of combat. Just make sure the target is highlighted then hold and release the ranged weapon button. The funny thing is it's considered non-lethal so the target will be writhing on the ground afterwards.

LordStuff.at
07-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the answer!

I also read that it's just possible for blunt weapons, not heavy axes. I'll try on that.

And yeah, I kind of always lock on when engaging an enemy with a ranged weapon.
I wonder if throwing a blunt weapon counts as "ranged", because there's one mission whith a max of ranged weapon uses for full sync.
Worth a look ^^