PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV will have DLC's.

OSantaClownO
07-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Might be obivous for some of you... but It's good to hear a confirmed source.

"Rope darts,... no comment - wait and see :P. Episodes as in DLC? Yes there will be DLC for AC4" - @AshrafAIsmail

Elebro2011
07-25-2013, 08:52 PM
I'd love to see rope darts in ac4, they are soo fun

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 08:55 PM
We knew this already..

Adewale DLC.

MadJC1986
07-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Well, I am no expert. But once they announced the season pass it was pretty much obvious there would be DLC?!

straty88
07-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Yup, also wasn't the rope dart confirmed? I'm pretty sure the icon was in Edwards inventory in the 13 minute demo at least.

Edit: On the left of the picture. http://gyazo.com/52cc1ab84f08e50abde9330fe981d0e2

ze_topazio
07-25-2013, 09:09 PM
The Kraken.

pacmanate
07-25-2013, 10:23 PM
Hoping for no episodic crap like ToKW. I just want Edward DLC. And not little missions that were cut from the game. Like proper stuff like Da Vinci Disappearance

LoyalACFan
07-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Hoping for no episodic crap like ToKW. I just want Edward DLC. And not little missions that were cut from the game. Like proper stuff like Da Vinci Disappearance

Meh. I'm good with the Adewale missions. As long as it's good story content, I think a new character will be refreshing for the DLC instead of just more Edward (I actually wasn't a huge fan of the Da Vinci DLC, but to each his own).

And yeah, I thought we knew about rope darts from the start o_0

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 10:29 PM
How do you know Da Vinci wasn't a cut sequence:rolleyes:

THE_JOKE_KING33
07-25-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm hoping for a similar thing to ToKW:

Kraken
Fountain of Youth
Disappearing Islands
Mermaids
Ghosts/Ghost Ships
Maybe at some point you die and have to fight your way out of Fiddler's Green due to it slowly rotting your soul.
heck...Atlantis?

There's really a ton of stuff Ubi could do if they were to go the way of ToKW (with the unrealistic stuff).

Wolfmeister1010
07-25-2013, 10:42 PM
I'd love to see rope darts in ac4, they are soo fun

Ropedarts are in the game. If you want proof, watch the newest released demo. At 9:50 you can see the ropedarts in the weapon menu

x___Luffy___x
07-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Yup, also wasn't the rope dart confirmed? I'm pretty sure the icon was in Edwards inventory in the 13 minute demo at least.

Edit: On the left of the picture. http://gyazo.com/52cc1ab84f08e50abde9330fe981d0e2

yes it looks like rope dart is there.

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 10:47 PM

I think we're getting 2 episodes of Adewale DLC.

Wolfmeister1010
07-25-2013, 10:49 PM
I think we're getting 2 episodes of Adewale DLC.

How do you know?

LoyalACFan
07-25-2013, 11:02 PM
How do you know Da Vinci wasn't a cut sequence:rolleyes:

Because it didn't reference Cesare Borgia in every sentence, which was a requirement for the original ACB.

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 11:13 PM
The season pass info said that there would be a DLC including all of the pre-order exclusive stuff, a MP DLC, and 2 SP DLC missions including Adewale, and the season pass is selling for $20.

As far as I'm aware, there was only 1 paid for SP DLC in the other games except for AC3. AC3's season pass was $30, and it brought $10 savings, but they marketed it as bringing the price down by 25%.

I'm expecting that the SP DLC missions will cost $10 each, same as always, and that they'll market it as 33% savings (omg, higher than last year's season pass), but you would still save $10 because it would all be $30 together.

I say two episodes of Adewale DLC because I think that makes sense, but maybe only one DLC has Adewale and the other DLC is with Edward or another character.

Also..

I just thought of something.. Jeanne (Aveline's mother, Haitian I think), wasn't born until 1725. Does anyone think that she might be Adewale's daughter? I'm wondering because we have to have some sort of link to Adewale, and I don't think it's coming from Desmond.

It's theorized that the link to Aveline comes through Paul Bellamy, and I think it's possible that Adewale would also come through Paul Bellamy.

EDIT: Nevermind, Jeanne was born on the west coast of Africa. Maybe Aveline and Adewale's grandson hooked up :P

Megas_Doux
07-26-2013, 02:37 AM

ToKW has been the only "true" DLC in the series!

The Battle of Forli, Bonfire of Vanities most likely the Da Vinci disappearance were cut offs from the original games....

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2013, 02:39 AM
Water is wet.

Bashilir
07-26-2013, 03:26 AM
Water is wet.

Why is water wet?

Wetness is our description of what we feel when we put our hand in water. Saying water is wet is like saying that wood is hard or fire is hot.

Sensory receptors on our hand send information about the water to our brain. Our brain receives the information from our sensory receptors and processes it. A combination of temperature, pressure and the way water moves tells our brain that water is wet.

LoyalACFan
07-26-2013, 06:50 AM
ToKW has been the only "true" DLC in the series!

The Battle of Forli, Bonfire of Vanities most likely the Da Vinci disappearance were cut offs from the original games....

I think he meant "episodic crap" as in divided into three (ludicrously overpriced) segments. The content of TOKW was pretty decent overall, but there was no need for it to be cut up into three episodes and divided across two months to generate suspense for a revelation that was actually quite predictable.

And I don't think the Da Vinci stuff was cut from the main game since it would have awkwardly split up Cesare's arrest and his assassination, but I digress.

Billiam301
07-26-2013, 05:17 PM
I want a DLC which adds fictional things such as Ghost Ships and the Kraken :)

pacmanate
07-26-2013, 05:30 PM
I think he meant "episodic crap" as in divided into three (ludicrously overpriced) segments. The content of TOKW was pretty decent overall, but there was no need for it to be cut up into three episodes and divided across two months to generate suspense for a revelation that was actually quite predictable.

Yeah that's what I meant.

x___Luffy___x
07-26-2013, 06:28 PM
sadly we wont be seeing Connor in AC4 but there will be some nice easter eggs for AC3 fans , Ashraf confirmed on twitter.
i hope they give him a full game though...

poptartz20
07-26-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm glad there will be some AC3 Easter Eggs. :D

Well It's obvious that there will be DLC but what isn't is what it will be about. Personally I like the 3 episode thing. Granted I didn't like the month wait or the price. I feel with a little tweaking such as length, content, price, it could be awesome. I would love to see more of ToKW style like others have said with the Kraken, and other legendary items and or people. I would also like to see maybe another alternate universe were something was reversed again.

This game has alot of potential we will have to wait to see what they do with it.