PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy the PS3 or PS4 version?

superkootje
07-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Hello all,

I'm back =D
So I was wondering, what exactly are the differences going to be for AC IV?
I don't have enough money to buy a PS4, maybe it will come 6-12 months after it's release.
So Should I wait with buying AC IV or should I buy it for PS3 instead?

pacmanate
07-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Better Graphics
Better Draw Distance
More NPCs on screen
Better Shadowing
Better water simulation.

If you are getting a PS4 6-12 months after release, get it for the PS3. By the time you get a PS4 the game will drop price by at least half :)

ProletariatPleb
07-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Well if you're getting a PS4 on launch then get the PS4 version, if you're not getting a PS4 for a while then the PS3 version.

Other on launch criteria:
Do you play multiplayer?
Yes - PS3.
No - PS4.

kosmoscreed
07-25-2013, 04:33 PM
I will say both, buy the PS3 version to play as soon as possible, after that when you buy the PS$ console, you can buy AC4 for it, and probably it will be cheaper.

superkootje
07-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the responses.
I think I'm going to buy the PS3 version first.

I hope that Sony will come up with a way to play PS3 games at the PS4, since I have alot of games that I don't want to abandon.

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Allow me to say, your signature is a master piece...

catkiller97
07-25-2013, 06:39 PM
^ because its made by a awesome guy :)

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 06:41 PM
^ because its made by a awesome guy :)
A genius might I add..

that guy has a keen eye for exquisite art and a knack for innovation....

ladyleonhart
07-25-2013, 06:48 PM
A genius might I add..

I think you mean big-headed. ^_~

Jexx21
07-25-2013, 06:48 PM
you should buy the tinkler's edition

Assassin_M
07-25-2013, 06:49 PM
I think you mean big-headed. ^_~
Well, Uh-do need a haircut heh..

superkootje
07-25-2013, 11:50 PM
good to see you again too M :P
I assume you forgot all about making that sig for me?

Mr_Shade
07-26-2013, 11:09 AM
As already said - I would go for the PS3 version - if you are not getting a PS4 for 6 months..

You have less chance of spoilers - if you play online, bigger player base [possible?]

Play the PS3 version - enjoy it.

Buy the PS4 - and consider re-buying the game to see it at it's best on console - assuming you enjoyed it the first time :)

superkootje
07-26-2013, 01:17 PM
As already said - I would go for the PS3 version - if you are not getting a PS4 for 6 months..

You have less chance of spoilers - if you play online, bigger player base [possible?]

Play the PS3 version - enjoy it.

Buy the PS4 - and consider re-buying the game to see it at it's best on console - assuming you enjoyed it the first time :)

No doubt I will enjoy it the frist time!
I would even enjoy this game if there were no missions, the world just seems sooo beautifull!

STDlyMcStudpants
07-26-2013, 05:04 PM
It all depends where you are at in gaming and then of course what you can afford
Money isn't an issue for me but personally Im not even going next gen until late 2015 lol
Im a trophy hunter and i know my trophies will carry over with me and I know that sony will have massive ps3 support for at least another full year..as long as AAA titles stay with ps3 and so do trophies..im sticking around
Plus I have a backlog of about 60 games, so I dont need to move on yet :D
And on top of that, by time i get to PS4 all of their awesome gams i missed out on, ill be able to pick up for $15 or less in 2 years
im not going to dish out $400 + whatever ps+ is to have better lighting and more people on my screen lol
My prediction is that the next AC will be for this gen and next gen, but the ac after (fall 2015) will be next gen exclusive..thats when ill make the switch and could prob snatch a ps4 for about 260-280 by then off of ebay or black friday :D
I do notice people fear lack of MP... of course it wont be as huge as current gen, but it will be about what ACB is...it is still extremely easy to find a match on that game...you'll just get familliar with alot of its players..witch isnt necessarily a bad thing..the hardcore gamer will be there
the casuals like me are staying current gen ;D
a l

superkootje
07-27-2013, 07:16 PM
It all depends where you are at in gaming and then of course what you can afford
Money isn't an issue for me but personally Im not even going next gen until late 2015 lol
Im a trophy hunter and i know my trophies will carry over with me and I know that sony will have massive ps3 support for at least another full year..as long as AAA titles stay with ps3 and so do trophies..im sticking around
Plus I have a backlog of about 60 games, so I dont need to move on yet :D
And on top of that, by time i get to PS4 all of their awesome gams i missed out on, ill be able to pick up for $15 or less in 2 years
im not going to dish out $400 + whatever ps+ is to have better lighting and more people on my screen lol
My prediction is that the next AC will be for this gen and next gen, but the ac after (fall 2015) will be next gen exclusive..thats when ill make the switch and could prob snatch a ps4 for about 260-280 by then off of ebay or black friday :D
I do notice people fear lack of MP... of course it wont be as huge as current gen, but it will be about what ACB is...it is still extremely easy to find a match on that game...you'll just get familliar with alot of its players..witch isnt necessarily a bad thing..the hardcore gamer will be there
the casuals like me are staying current gen ;D
a l

I have a similar story here, only I don't have that much cash available :P