PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Black Flag will be better optimized for PC than AC III?

Kasel.
07-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Although i'm about to upgrade to another Radeon 6970 (cfx) and upgrading cpu from i5 760 to i5 4670k, i'm still considering on buying Black Flag for PS4 due to really bad fps in AC III, and not only in Boston/NY apparently

What do you think? could they learn from AC III failed ports or something like that? or might it even be worse?

BlastThyName
07-24-2013, 05:24 PM
I think it will be better optimized because the Kiev team has a lot more experience with the AnvilNext engine now.

There is hope but I would still advise you to get the PS4 version, you won't be disappointed.

Jureck0
07-24-2013, 06:38 PM
I think so because they wont do same mistakes twice.

Kasel.
07-24-2013, 07:04 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/399/fry.PNG?1307468855

Ferrith
07-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Although i'm about to upgrade to another Radeon 6970 (cfx) and upgrading cpu from i5 760 to i5 4670k, i'm still considering on buying Black Flag for PS4 due to really bad fps in AC III, and not only in Boston/NY apparently

What do you think? could they learn from AC III failed ports or something like that? or might it even be worse?
I think you should be prepared for a similar experience as the one you had had with AC:R and AC III.

Anykeyer
07-25-2013, 06:24 AM
What makes you think PS4 will have more than 30 minimum fps? This level of performance is easily achievable in AC3 on mid-range PC with any i5/i7 and single GTX 760 (or even 660). Im talking about 1080p on max+TXAA ofc.
Oh, and never bet on crossfire/sli unless the game is already out and benched.

spectatorx
07-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Expect anything something from acceptable to the worst ******* ever, even worse than ac3 which was terrible piece of junk.

If we are talking about quality of source code ubisofk Kiev can't do single thing well. All they touch becomes master piece of **** instead of masterpiece.

And about your crossfire idea... this is not so good idea. All multigpu solutions are problematic in one way or the other way. Also selling current gpu and buying hd7970 will not give you huge performance boost.. I think the best will be to wait for new radeons serie to be released and when they will be available to buy R9-970.

YazX_
07-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Expect anything something from acceptable to the worst ******* ever, even worse than ac3 which was terrible piece of junk.

If we are talking about quality of source code ubisofk Kiev can't do single thing well. All they touch becomes master piece of **** instead of masterpiece.

And about your crossfire idea... this is not so good idea. All multigpu solutions are problematic in one way or the other way. Also selling current gpu and buying hd7970 will not give you huge performance boost.. I think the best will be to wait for new radeons serie to be released and when they will be available to buy R9-970.

Well AC3 scaled well on SLI, not the best but it was hitting 53 FPS on average maxed out, guess that was because of Nvidia Drivers optimization. anyway, AC4 SEEMS to be optimized for PC but dont BET on it.

spectatorx
07-25-2013, 03:26 PM
YAZ_H, your statement about pc optimization is based on what? Any benchmark already done? Playable demo available? I think i'm missing something....

ProletariatPleb
07-25-2013, 03:57 PM
I hope so, but well...I'll wait and see.

Kasel.
07-25-2013, 04:03 PM

Crap, i knew people would say the opposite after i'll purchase the second 6970. Are you saying it's a bad idea for AC or in general? because the benchmarks i've seen for example BF3, are very great! also AMD announced driver updates that will fix many issues with CFX and higher the fps, of course it's just what they are saying but they must fix/improve atleast something with the next drivers

spectatorx
07-25-2013, 05:30 PM
In terms of ac3 and in general. For ac3 there is no hardware able to run this game in 1080p@60fps, at least nobody can guarantee this.

In general, there are always issues with multigpu configurations, crossfire and sli as well. Games require profile updates, driver updates, so if amd or nvidia will not take care about game before release you will suffer until they will release updated drivers. Better is to use good single gpu instead of multigpu configurations.

If you will buy second 6970 you will see performance gain in many games but in other games you may face various issues, from image corruptions, stutters to no difference in performance or even lower performance than with single gpu.

Make your choice, ha, ha, ha xD

About the drivers i'm curious about how they will change performance of hd7xxx gpus. They will be released soon, 31st july.

brigeatenex
07-25-2013, 05:54 PM
I bet multiplayer will be even better for PS4 of course. The multiplayer for PC for me was sooo laggy, low FPS even though my PC could play SP smoothly on highest settings.

Kasel.
07-25-2013, 08:56 PM
In terms of ac3 and in general. For ac3 there is no hardware able to run this game in 1080p@60fps, at least nobody can guarantee this.

In general, there are always issues with multigpu configurations, crossfire and sli as well. Games require profile updates, driver updates, so if amd or nvidia will not take care about game before release you will suffer until they will release updated drivers. Better is to use good single gpu instead of multigpu configurations.

If you will buy second 6970 you will see performance gain in many games but in other games you may face various issues, from image corruptions, stutters to no difference in performance or even lower performance than with single gpu.

Make your choice, ha, ha, ha xD

About the drivers i'm curious about how they will change performance of hd7xxx gpus. They will be released soon, 31st july.

this man is scaring me

spectatorx
07-25-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm not scaring you, i'm "caring" about you xDI mean... i'm trying to show to you positive and negative sides of multigpu gaming. You have to be aware of all things, devs are already aware xD