PDA

View Full Version : Multiple PCs on same IP address

TheNixxus
07-23-2013, 08:00 PM
I currently live in a student house with 2 of us trying to play AC3 multiplayer together.

Although we immediately get disconnected when joining the same session.
Is this intended?
Or am i running into a bug here?

nj473
07-23-2013, 08:44 PM
I currently live in a student house with 2 of us trying to play AC3 multiplayer together.

Although we immediately get disconnected when joining the same session.
Is this intended?
Or am i running into a bug here?

This is exactly what I get too. My brother just got this game and we use the same router (with static IP's set and open NAT).

We can play in a private session or private wolfpack even with additional friends, but we just canot get into the same online match together no matter what we try. It's as if we aren't allowed or something, I have no idea why.

We seem to be able to play any other non AC game online with no problems.

So yeah I'm also interested if anyone has any answers to this.

Ferrith
07-23-2013, 09:53 PM
I think that if you use a static IP address you need to open a port forwarding as well. Unfortunately, Support is down for maintenance so I can't find a related topic I read some time ago. https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/

In any case, I don't use a static IP address, but after some disconnections and similar issues I had back in AC:Revelations I too had to open a port in my firewall.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
07-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi, the ports are here https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=2717&faqid=kA030000000eTKSCA2

Anykeyer
07-25-2013, 06:41 AM
This games crappy network code does not support multiple connections from the same public IP.

nj473
07-26-2013, 04:21 PM
I don't know about the OP but I have open NAT with the ports open but thanks anyway Ubi-Mush. Also I noticed when trying the other day, we did get into the same game online. BUT I was "offline" according to his screen. This has happened a few times to other friends, where they are offline according to AC3 friends list but they are clearly not because they managed to get in the same session as me! When that happens their name is greyed out, so this I think is another issue altogether.

However back to my main point, me and my bro were able to get in the same session, but only when the "offline" glitch happened to one of us. So that proves it is technically possible to play together in the same session, there is just some bug that needs addressing. Any offers on fixing? Ubisoft? Anyone?