PDA

View Full Version : Everyones thoughts on the game?

RzaRecta357
07-23-2013, 05:21 AM
Yeah, I just don't know how I feel about this one. I'll definitely play it but I don't know. Used to be a regular here but after 3 I just haven't come around. Didn't care much for the video during E3. It was the first time I really just sat there and thought wow this pretty much looks exactly like the other ones until they got onto the water of course.

Now, thinking back they pretty much all have the same skeleton with some new textures and mechanics added on and I still love them.. But the story was really what kept me hooked. Ending on a cliffhanger like an Adam West Batman episode was great... Now the modern day stuff we're here about sounds very meh.

Decided to come see what peoples opinions on this are and what they think of the comic. I loved The Fall and had such high hopes for Daniel as some of you may remember but look how that turned out.

I even have this preordered but I think instead of this or Watchdogs for a launch title I may just go with Lego Marvel Superheroes. I'm not sure. Gonna have to do some story research on this one I suppose. Hoping they at least bring the order back into it with it's rituals and phrases.

Assassin_M
07-23-2013, 05:50 AM
I'm cautiously watching how it unfolds. I'm definitely not going by what's shown, as seen with AC III, anything can be cut on release. For me AC III had the best and worst of the series, so with AC IV I'm being careful

Sigv4rd
07-23-2013, 07:45 AM
It looks pretty :)

PaCmAn0894
07-23-2013, 08:37 AM
In my opinion ac black flag going to be awesome since it got the idea of sid meier's pirates and of the assassin story , since sid meier's pirates was a great game ac black flag going to be epic ,cant wait until the release date.

Ureh
07-23-2013, 03:23 PM
AC3 showed what they can do, AC4 will be the culmination of years of experience. I think it will be ok.

dxsxhxcx
07-23-2013, 04:28 PM
I think AC4 will be a good pirate game, I'm not really sure about a good AC game, it'll probably be better than AC3 with all this talk about freedom...

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 04:46 PM
It looks pretty :)

God darn you!

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 04:55 PM
God darn you!

Sigv4rd is right. It does look pretty! xD

As for the main question... I am impressed with what I've seen so far. :) Obviously, I have a few concerns but I can't really judge until I play the game. They have been working on it for quite a while. Also, they said they have tried to listen to the fans. Then, I am really looking forward to it! :D As for the modern part, I don't think anyone really knows what to expect. Some people loved the modern part before and some people hated it, which is why they've decided to take this new approach. Hopefully we will be surprised... in a good way.

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Okay I am HOPING this game is good, because if it is anything like AC3, I am giving up on the franchise completely. Revelations was a hash, AC3 was disgusting. AC4 needs to win me back...

If anything, I am hoping AC3 was just a test game for mechanics in AC4.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Okay I am HOPING this game is good, because if it is anything like AC3, I am giving up on the franchise completely. Revelations was a hash, AC3 was disgusting. AC4 needs to win me back...

If anything, I am hoping AC3 was just a test game for mechanics in AC4.

The question is about ACIV, not ACIII. And that's not even a valid argument. If you don't play ACIV, then that would be your loss!

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 05:08 PM
The question is about ACIV, not ACIII. And that's not even a valid argument. If you don't play ACIV, then that would be your loss!

My post still is about AC4. I said how I hope AC3 was a trial for stuff in AC4 and they get polished.

And I never said I wasnt going to play AC4. I said if its not good, I give up on the franchise.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 05:12 PM
My post still is about AC4. I said how I hope AC3 was a trial for stuff in AC4 and they get polished.

And I never said I wasnt going to play AC4. I said if its not good, I give up on the franchise.

You hope ACIII was a trial. Fair enough. We can't all like the same things, but... no need to bad-mouth it.

Good to see your going to make an informed decision about ACIV, unlike some people. :)

Sushiglutton
07-23-2013, 05:17 PM
I think it's unrealstic to believe they will fix everything wrong with AC3 in just a year. I hope there will be a little bit more freedom and that the stealth AI/feedback has been improved. I don't think parkour/combat have been improved, which is ok I guess. I believe there will be more engaging open world activities (both forts and plantations and random ship to ship encounters seem fine). The Carribean setting looks stunning and I think it's much more suitable for an AC game than America was. Mix between naval and classic AC will work well I think.

Overall I'm optimistic in the sense thar I believe AC4 will be better than AC3 in every way. But I don't think the gameplay, or mission design will blow me away.

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 05:19 PM
You hope ACIII was a trial. Fair enough. We can't all like the same things, but... no need to bad-mouth it.

Good to see your going to make an informed decision about ACIV, unlike some people. :)

I will bad mouth it if I wish because if it wasnt for that abomination of an Assassin's Creed game I wouldnt even feel like quiting this franchise.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 05:23 PM
I will bad mouth it if I wish because if it wasnt for that abomination of an Assassin's Creed game I wouldnt even feel like quiting this franchise.

Why are you so angry? I just meant that not everyone shares your opinion. I'm not telling you what to do, but we can't understand if you don't explain. Anyway, sorry if I offended you. :(

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Why are you so angry? I just meant that not everyone shares your opinion. I'm not telling you what to do, but we can't understand if you don't explain. Anyway, sorry if I offended you. :(

I'm not angry I'm just stating that that is how I feel. Some people love it, some people hate it. I unfortunately hate it.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Some people love it, some people hate it.

Exactly my point.

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Exactly my point.

Yeah and I know not everyone shares my opinion, I was just sharing it. This conversation is pointless.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Yeah and I know not everyone shares my opinion, I was just sharing it. This conversation is pointless.

You started it.

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 06:03 PM
You started it.

How on earth

JamJar502
07-23-2013, 06:10 PM
I'll end up buying it anyway.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 07:27 PM
How on earth

You said it yourself:

This conversation is pointless.

So there's no point :p

Xruxis
07-24-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm looking forward to AC4 even though i was a bit disappointed in AC3 with the story line, but overall the game itself was great. yet AC2 & AC Brotherhood are still my favorite.

pirate1802
07-24-2013, 09:03 AM
It looks like everything I, and probably many others, were hoping AC III to be and what the devs hyped. Shaping up to be a great game.

poptartz20
07-24-2013, 09:20 AM
I'm remaining a bit optimistic yet careful. I personally enjoyed the story in AC3 so I do want to finish out the Kenway saga. But at the same time I wasn't the biggest fan of Naval combat. It was fun but it wasn't a main focal point for me, and now that this game is a pirate game and focuses on the aspect even more I feel skeptical. So far from what I've seen I really like! But, as others have said they could be showing us one thing but by the time the final product hits it's something TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

I'm still considering if I want to pre-order it or just wait until Black Friday( Nov. 25 for those that don't live in America) and get it for about $34.99