PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag – Stealth Spotlight Ubisoft Blog

catkiller97
07-23-2013, 01:57 AM
Pirates are brash. Pirates are bold. Pirates loot, pillage and plunder. That, we all knew – and in many ways, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag’s Edward Kenway is no different. Indeed, we’ve already regaled you on the UbiBlog with tall tales about Kenway’s exploits on land and sea, but one thing we’ve yet to dive deeply into is how our newest Assassin can also sneak around with the best of them.

Read Full article - http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-stealth-spotlight-plantation-demo/

ArabianFrost
07-23-2013, 02:11 AM
You guys can thank me for this blog. How modest of me, of course :P

http://i.imgur.com/UyLge2m.png

ArabianFrost
07-23-2013, 02:20 AM
WOW! Stealth is very weird to describe. Still, I really like the article though. I'll be enjoying giving myself an extra challenge and doing this either without any ranged weapons OR to complete it stealthily with ALL guards killed. Thank God they're re-doable as well. Man I'm going to enjoy experimenting with plantations.

Wolfmeister1010
07-23-2013, 03:16 AM
Nice article! My only concern is that there needs to be a way to lower a guard to the ground or do a takedown drag after assassinating, otherwise the guards will be falling off the rooftops and compromising us.

Jexx21
07-23-2013, 03:38 AM
The guards fall backwards usually, so unless you're assassinating them in a strange way...

And normally for me, even if guards do fall off of rooftops I'm not detected.

Wolfmeister1010
07-23-2013, 03:45 AM
The guards fall backwards usually, so unless you're assassinating them in a strange way...

And normally for me, even if guards do fall off of rooftops I'm not detected.

Exactly. That totally breaks the immersion for me.

shobhit7777777
07-23-2013, 06:45 AM
More than impressed. Although, I was expecting social stealth to play a part as well.....splinter cell sneaking is fantastic..good job...but slinking through crowds is what defines AC for me.

AherasSTRG
07-23-2013, 07:00 AM
Give me the PC release date already!

MrDynogames
07-23-2013, 07:48 AM
More than impressed. Although, I was expecting social stealth to play a part as well.....splinter cell sneaking is fantastic..good job...but slinking through crowds is what defines AC for me.

Well considering this blog was about what was on a plantation, I do not imagine there being a ton of people for Edward to blend in with. We still need to wait around for the Havana footage to see that.

pacmanate
07-23-2013, 11:26 AM
They need a move that when you stealth assassinate a guy, you should be able to drag him after if you so choose. I dont know why that isnt in the game yet but whatever.

Also this is going to be the Gamescom demo we will get Im pretty sure, seeing as we had a snippet of the plantation gameplay.

lothario-da-be
07-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Can't wait to see the full version of that demo, but i don' think they will release it.

ladyleonhart
07-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the article! xD Very interesting read :) Regarding stealth, has anyone found anything more about blending? It shouldn't be too much of a problem in Nassau, but personally, I think it would be cool if they let us customise Edward so that he can blend a whole lot better, depending on his environment. Also, does anyone know if and to what extent they are including desynchronization upon detection in ACIV?

They need a move that when you stealth assassinate a guy, you should be able to drag him after if you so choose. I dont know why that isnt in the game yet but whatever.

I agree, and the whistle corner assassinations from ACIII did implement this. However, in a lot of situations, an extra drag option would be much stealthier than picking up and carrying the guy around.

Hans684
07-23-2013, 03:46 PM
I agree, and the whistle corner assassinations from ACIII did implement this. However, in a lot of situations, an extra drag option would be much stealthier than picking up and carrying the guy around.

Or a play dead option.